Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What youtube workout did you do today?

Replies

• DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 5,704 Member Member Posts: 5,704 Member
    Sydney's 30 min Butt and Abs
    Live step (uploaded)
    And then a jog at the park🏃‍♀️
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 5,704 Member Member Posts: 5,704 Member
    Sydney's upper push and cardio

Basic/Int Step
  • Deedoyle9721Deedoyle9721 Member Posts: 147 Member Member Posts: 147 Member
    Low impact Tabata once in a while. Think I have really poor discipline and feel very demotivated to exercise. Struggling to lose weight 😢
    Well, you're in the right place (my fitness pal) to help with motivation!

I really do not enjoy working out but have been doing it steady (5 days a week, 150+ hours a week with some exceptions) since 2012. In the beginning, I had to make myself do it but after a short while, it becomes habit & feels normal. I do it 1st thing in the morning so it's out of the way and I don't have to think about it.

Have a friend(s) that are like-minded to be accountable to.

After a while you will see results and that really helps with motivation!

And also have your strong "why"!

(mine are: I am 56 and I don't want to be an unhealthy overweight menopausal weak woman!

I want to live a long healthy life & meet my great-grandchildren and my great-great-grandchildren! [My oldest grandson is 13 so it is possible!]

And of course, I want to wear cute clothes and it's nice to see all your hard work and effort has paid off when you look at your reflection in the mirror!)

So I wish you good luck and great results! I hope to see you post your next workout!
    edited July 15
    I workout with a hangover, it helps to sweat it out. Lol
    Wowza!!! You're a better woman than me! GO YOU!!! :)

edited July 15
    Due to my Morton's neuroma in my R foot I only lasted 15 minutes before my foot was in much pain :( So I quickly chose another workout...

Much to my dismay, this had many planks (I hate planks) but I did my best, many times lowering into my knees.
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 357 Member Member Posts: 357 Member
    I really do not enjoy working out but have been doing it steady (5 days a week, 150+ hours a week with some exceptions) since 2012.

Sounds like you have great workout discipline going here, but ... 150+ hours per week? At five days each week that would be 30+ hours per day which is clearly not what you mean. Should this be minutes, I wonder? I am curious as I am trying to work out a sensible exercise plan for myself.
    charmmeth wrote: »
    I really do not enjoy working out but have been doing it steady (5 days a week, 150+ hours a week with some exceptions) since 2012.

Sounds like you have great workout discipline going here, but ... 150+ hours per week? At five days each week that would be 30+ hours per day which is clearly not what you mean. Should this be minutes, I wonder? I am curious as I am trying to work out a sensible exercise plan for myself.

lol, silly me - yes minutes!

Here is an article: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans by The Department of Health and Human Services
    https://www.hhs.gov/fitness/be-active/physical-activity-guidelines-for-americans/index.html

My weekly goal is M-F 200 min at 40 min each workout (strength training mostly with yoga, palates & cardio thrown in there)
    My minimum goal is 150 min if I should miss a day. Most people would make it up on the weekends but did I mention that I don't enjoy working out? Me and weekend workouts don't go together! I many times have active weekends but not doing a workout in front of my tv!

8e486bjpej9d.png

In 2012 (pictures below) I entered a contest and lost 31lbs. I kept it off for several years but then... I let it go and gained back about 15 which I've been trying to lose for a couple of years! I tried many different things and when I got on here, entering my food daily - It Worked!!!
    I'm down 11lbs with 5 lbs to go!

I also think accountability really works! Keep posting! I'm here M-F! We can be accountable to each other! I wish you all the best!

aptdzsr3s2nr.png
    *PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    edited July 16
  • netitheyetinetitheyeti Member Posts: 444 Member Member Posts: 444 Member
    I did this yoga flow yesterday

Today...
    Sydney's legs and abs
    Karla's repeaters step and pump

and probably some other yoga type workout later...
  • slessofmeslessofme Member Posts: 6,810 Member Member Posts: 6,810 Member

This was too advanced for me... did it much slower and with breaks or substituted a different ab exercise
    Sydney's arms and shoulders
    Jenny Ford int step
  • Kupla71Kupla71 Member Posts: 215 Member Member Posts: 215 Member
    It’s been too hot out to go for my usual walks so I tried a Leslie Sansone walking video. It keeps me moving and I enjoyed it which I can’t say for all workout videos! Also I think it’s something I can stick with which is important because consistency is a problem for me.
    Sydney's cardio bootcamp
    And Karla's live step and pump(will be uploaded later)
    c2sjo6si011i.png
    it's my rest day, so I did this + went for a short walk (3km)
  • bartoksanonbartoksanon Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member

I've been using this video for years. First on VHS, then CD now youtube.
    edited July 18
  • lintvar85lintvar85 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Yoga with Adriene.

She has videos for all levels, all kinds of situations, and monthly yoga schedules. Weight loss, injury, stress relief, anything and everything.

She also has a cute dog named Benji that’s sometimes in her videos.
    edited July 19
    Basic/Int Step

I'll give it a try! :)