WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :) still a bit smoky and a lot colder this morning....I'll need a warmer jacket after breakfast.

:)Michele, if that beautiful bread were in my kitchen, I'd be sampling it right now. Your persistence has paid off.

:'(Pip, sorry about the damage to the Airstream and happy that you found a buyer so you can move to the next chapter in your life.

:)Heather, I love those colorful dishes but would have no use for them either and would giving them to the charity shop.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Cityjanelondon- those r cute
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Sue in WA: I’m glad your air quality is better than other places. I hope things go as well as possible for your family members. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: The fire news is heart wrenching. Where I live, we have plenty of smoke, but it is coming from the I-5 corridor. Ships are going up the river to the Portland docks as usual. :star:

Fae: AQI here is as bad as I've seen it in MANY years. Stagnation is a good description. I think the river is pulling smoke down to the sea. I’m going to contact my horse friends and find out whether I’m needed to help with rescue of horses from the fire areas. :heart:

KJ: Fire is nowhere near us, but the smoke is awful and is causing my eyes to feel irritated. :ohwell:

Smoke is flowing down the Willamette and Columbia Rivers. I haven’t looked up the AQI, but my eyes and sinuses are irritated and giving me a headache. I plan to contact my horse friends and see whether my help is needed today.

Katla in smokey NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Tracey! Hope it's grand...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Here's some temporary relief for those of us with dry, scratchy, smoke-weary eyes. In other words, hope you laugh until you cry:
    4p4mhcfi752z.jpg

Lanette B)
    Smokey SW WA State with current AQI of 191. Pot of lentil soup cooking on the stove, welcome steam for eyes and sinuses. Used half olive oil/half coconut oil to saute veggies. What an awesome smell! :D
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Betsy, so pleased with the news for your sister! Such a welcome relief after a tough time...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Good news Betsy. <3 You are a great sister. :)

Delicious sprouted bean curry with chipotle salmon and broccoli. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx who is hoping for a trip down the dump soon for cabinet, curtains, lamp etc.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news about your sister Betsy...
    Ran over to the store fpr a few things,meeting my friends for pizza tonight
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    💖
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Pip - that is the best outcome ever!

Kim, in smoky N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Tracy & Grandson: Happy Birthday!!! :star:

Betsy: I am happy for your sister’s good medical news. :heart: Rain is a wonderful idea. It can wash the air. I’ll dance with you. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: 35 years ago I made the mistake of getting a perm from a neighbor who said she was a licensed hairdresser. I resembled Harpo Marx. :angry: NEVER AGAIN! :noway: Air quality is at 6 right now. Better! :star:

Faye: Range horses are very good at survival. The smart ones survive, and the dumb ones end up as some predator’s dinner. :ohwell: Horse owners have a big responsibility to provide safety and good care for their animals. So do owners of all other livestock. :flowerforyou:

The air quality today is supposedly better, and I think the air smells a little better. I can’t see the Island that just across the channel from us due to fog. The main channel of the Columbia River is on the other side of the island. I haven’t heard any fog horns on the main channel so I guess that boats are waiting for better visibility to travel.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    My SIL is home and first thing she does as she gets home is contact me so i can do an overnight Thursday night so she can leave for N.H. the money comes in handy but still.. I dont know if i should jump everytime she asks.