Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 66 mins vacuuming, 3 loads laundry
    Bonus: Joe took us to the beach for the first time in a looong time!.
    Get to do: take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    18: Don’t compare how you feel inside with how others look outside: remember, everybody’s got something

When Joe got back from town he suggested we take the dogs to the beach. I was so excited, I grabbed the big white jug (instead of the smaller clear jug) and poured BLEACH instead of vinegar into the fabric softener dispenser. Grabbed the clothes out and ran the rinse cycle twice. Alas two turtlenecks and a towel are now splotchy. Still it was worth it. First time we’ve been to the beach in a very long time, perhaps since Joe’s first surgery.

Machka :love: your walks. Rhody makes me laugh. Tumble just snuggles in, but Shadow (all 50 lbs) leaps full force onto the bed when mama’s trying to snooze past Tummy Time.
    Katla you are right I need to practice first! Will suggest to Joe that I practice into the hill going up to the powerline easement continuation. If he objects, there’s a range in Gold Beach. Fortunately no cougar sightings since Sept 6 Sounds like your vet’s front desk staff came from the same valley girl school as Joe’s eye surgeon’s staff. :rage:
    Tina thanks for the recipe, my mouth is watering!
    Pip good catch! The meerkat looks cute, roomier than a teardrop. Now all you need are some solar powered pink flamingos to finish off the patio area ;)
    Karen in VA, why sad? Worried we haven’t heard much from you lately.
    Kim I’m sad/mad every time I thing of the management letting that facility go to waste, but relieved you’ve been able to put the stress behind you and quit. Sending “something better” vibes your way.

Ah, Rest in Peace, Madam Justice.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh: 18, steps>5491=5665 vits=17.5 log=18 CI<CO=13 CI<250<CO=9 Tumble & Shadow 5=19 mfp=18 outside=16 up hill=18
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=2 dance= clean 30 mins=5.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9 play= sew=

Our catch wasn’t quick enough or we wouldn’t have gone to see it and put the 5k down on it😥
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Kim - I will be never understand how higher management doesn’t see some of the things that the workers do. I’m sorry you lost this source of income though. I hope you find something even better.

Barbara - I laughed and cringed at your bleach story. I would be excited as well, I hope it was a lovely walk.

Kate - sorry to hear about the panic attacks they aren’t easy to deal with.

Lisa - I hope they get to the bottom of it and you feel better soon.

Faye - so happy you saw the stars.

Machka - I bet that was a funny feeling at first! I have felt stuffed up for about 30 years, I have a deviated septum but not enough to have surgery on. I wish something could be done though.

I am up much earlier than I like to be on the weekend. I find the days very long when I have no plans. I will clean some and come up with a project that guess.

I won a Google Nest Max at work on Thursday. I need to figure out how to incorporate it into our home. I don’t have the smart lights, thermostat or any of those things. So far it is being used as a digital photo frame.

I ordered a gift from The Bradford Exchange for our eldest daughter for Christmas. They arrived yesterday and are so cute. She loves all things Disney and has some stiletto shoe ornaments on her Christmas tree. These are the first two in a collection. I will have to keep up with them for her.

h9chzkuw6t1y.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Well, I ordered 4 my new found bras only to discover they were advertised and labeled as bralettes. Bummer! Anyway, I ordered 2 in mocha and 2 in charcoal, and with the 2 in black and 1 in light beige I already have, I can have fun with my 3 different shades of brown and black bottoms. The good news is I finally found the perfect night shorts. Very high waist, 1" inseam, NO POCKETS, and wide legs. I bought 2 in each of their 3 shades of gray. That should last me for life as they are very high quality. The only drawback was the price. Twice what I wanted to pay, but I saw it as a long time investment, so I hit the order now button.

Katla Thanks for that wind you sent upriver! That did the trick and so far has our air quality fair and visibility good as ever. ((((HUGS))))) <<< Practicing the hugs thing.

M in Oz Yes, the feeling of breathing through both nostrils is quite a sensation after using one for any length of time. I sure wish I had my balance back and could ride again. The local bike shop keeps trying to get me in a pedal/electric 4 wheel and it is fun, but I like the idea of the All Terrain R500 | Fat Tire Electric Bike. The electric would be good for me making it up some of our sleep hills.

Lisa I sure hope the docs can figure out what is wrong soon so you can start treating it effectively.

Kate I hope you get to sleeping well soon. I think this Wuhan China modified mutated coronavirus will be weaker this wave and as some of the therapeutics are released for doctors to use, it will disappear. Sorry to hear you are being put in another lockdown. I fear the health issues of a lockdown for the younger will far outweigh any benefits.

Bananas Very sad that all this viral plague has made so many angry and disrespectful. I experienced the same thing recently when making a courtesy call to a man responsible for overseeing a mentally ill person. He went off the deep end for no reason and was yelling and cursing at me. In times past I have allowed this mentally ill person to use my bathroom, fix lunch, and even sit and watch TV. I had to file a no-trespass order because he was waking me in the night wanting to use my bathroom.

Barbara I have done that bleach mistake also. Makes for more work clothes. It seems to always happen on favorite clothes. Hope Joe is doing better.

Rebecca Your fasting and dieting sound like it is working for you. The several fast for colon exams and cancer surgery has soured me on fasting for a while. LOL!

Katla The sun is shining brightly for the first time in days. I hope you are experiencing the same better air and sun.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: One of the Vet’s staff was trying to do me a favor and it didn’t work out. She is young and was trying to be helpful. We have an appointment on the calendar for this morning. His cancerous lesion seems to be growing. He is not in pain due to daily pain medicine. I’m grateful for that. He is happy and upbeat. :star:

Machka: Congrats on the bicycle ride!!! I hope you enjoyed every minute together. :star: Good news on your improved breathing!!!! :bigsmile:

Lisa: I am so sorry that the VA screwed up on getting your prescriptions to you on time. I’ll bet their excuse list is long. :grumble:

Faye: Congrats on your view of stars!!!! I can see the Washington side of the Columbia River almost all the way to the edge of I-5. Unfortunately, I can’t see the sun because of cloudy skies. :ohwell: Our current AQI is 46 and is said to be good.:heart:

Linda in N Ontario: Good to see you post. I picked a lot of blueberries this year, too. I have three bushes. Two are spectacular producers. :smiley:

Our appointment with the Vet is for 11am. We just need him to note the change in Schooner’s tumor and find out whether to keep doing what we are currently doing, or whether surgery a possibility.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! <3

An inch of rain collected in the rain gauge overnight, and AQI is back to good. :) How refreshing to see clouds again, I'm waiting for the blue sky to peek out. Looks like next week, come Wednesday, the spigot will turn on for a few days and our soggy autumn weather will return.

Got a mile walk in this morning, it felt great. My walking partner and her DH flew to Las Vegas on Wednesday to pick up a motorhome they'd purchased online from a dealer. Not sure when they'll be back, I texted her and haven't heard anything back yet.

Found cooked hamburger and left over roast beef in the freezer so threw together an enchilada casserole which will be going into the oven shortly and make great leftovers.

Katla - thinking of Schooner, hope the news is good. Our old gal is due for her checkup in November. She has an "old dog wart" on her side that is growing and some of her fatty tumors have been changing, crossing fingers it's just part of the aging process.

Giving our pups the Oravet dental chews every other day is doing the job, their teeth really look good. Breath isn't the best but their omega 3 treats have fish oil, I'm sure that contributes.

Kim - glad you feel OK about giving up the camp job, such as it was. I'm ready to send the teleporter to fetch you and help us get our place cleaned up. ;)

Barbara - thrilled for you and Joe that you were able to make it to the beach. Bet you felt like a weight had been lifted, there's something about the ocean that is so invigorating.

I've been binge watching all of Endeavor over the past few days, am now at Season 4, Episode 4. Fascinating it takes place in the mid-late 60's and seeing the fashion and culture back then. Even though Endeavor takes place in England, things were quite similar here in the USA.

Faye - Glad your air is clearing out and you've had successful shopping. DH needs to get a mow in as soon as the weather lets him. Grass isn't really growing but plenty of dandelions need to be whacked off.

Michele - have fun with PJ! Do you think you can get a photo or two of him you can post for us? Sending good thoughts to Pete regarding his medical issue. Golly, a real PITA!!

Hoping things are OK for Janetr, Suebdew, Sharon, Amber and others who are taking a break from us. Welcome new gals, by the way. Jump in and tell us about yourselves.

Make it a great weekend!

Lanette B)

SW WA State

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    28yr anniversary today- heading out to do some shopping and then pick up lunch- Lowered my expectations so not as down/depressed about things
    Have a great Saturday ladies!

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    DEBBIE ~ Happy Anniversary!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Enjoying hanging out with my brother and Jean.. in the sun its warm.. but in an uninsulated house its really cold...but we will have a fire in the fireplace tonight.. one of favorite things..
    I did stop by the liquor store and bought some apple pie baileys to have in carmel apple tea tonight.... mmmm.. will last me a long time..
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yogi’s maiden voyage on the trailer, off and on, par of the way and it was a lot clearer out.01kohakq942w.jpeg
    p9b7gp5lcm9x.jpeg
    9p10d51hctxt.jpeg
    tbqm3k5dcke8.jpeg
    dqptg16qobjh.jpeg
    ir6ctffvkcyj.jpeg

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Yogi looks a bit put out! LOL :)
  • Faetta
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Today, it appears I am the windshield....🙁

Sorry to hear that, but better than being the bug. Hope your day gets better.

• Faetta
    Options
    Katla when i say lots it's like 40 maybe 50 3 liter baskets these are wild northern berris. I've been doing this and picking for years and selling. This year grandkids picked with me was a lot of fun. And they liked the money the 11 year old banked himself $2,000 bucks. I did ok to.

That is awesome! Rewards for hard work are what builds character in kids.

• Faetta
    Options
    Lanette My lawn is about 1/3rd dandelions. They towered above the grass and taunted me knowing the smoke was keeping them safe. :D
  • Faetta
    Options
    Katla So glad your air is good. You get a lot more cloudy days than me living on the desert edge.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yogi’s maiden voyage on the trailer, off and on, part anft7dp9ar3e.jpeg
    lbbdzmucsy4n.jpeg
    y6cramg592ge.jpeg
    4xgbip36adlp.jpeg
    h6mc1mmsamco.jpeg
    of the way
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options