WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Allie: The D in DSIL is clearly NOT “dear.” Darned is not quite right. Dr@tted is a possibility, as is 👿. Most of us run into an irritating family member now and then. If you can, put up with her for Faith’s sake and your own. (((hugs)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,644 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Happy Happy Birthday!!

Betsy - Great news!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,912 Member
    Options
    Up to pg. 37. Catching up!

RV Rita
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Heather-good job on getting cabinet down. While I can (and do) get help with some things, it is satisfying to do others by myself. I often find that if I think it through, and maybe have to add a couple of steps to the process I can be successful.

Tracey-cute picture of you and grandson. My mother shared her birthday with her first grandchild-a girl. One of my brother's first son (mom's first grandson) and my second son (her last grandchild) share the same birthday (but not the year!)

Pip-glad airstream has worked out so well.

All of you with fires-I do hope this week brings improvement.

Kelly-peezing-never heard it called that! I could also do without it!

Lisa-maybe they can check your vitamin D levels while they are doing bloodwork. When mine goes down I feel tired and have a lot of muscle pain.

Got drenched during my walk this morning. Have had a relaxing day. FaceTime with kids in Arizona. My grandson decided he had to let me know what everything in his parent's bedroom was called. Granddaughter showed off some of her somersaults -she is incredibly flexible. Then chatted with an old college friend. Paid bills. Had meatloaf and a sweet potato for dinner. I bought some premade meatloafs from local butcher. They make small ones that give me two meals. I make a good meatloaf, but it is hard for me to make them smaller.

Just curious-I saw the note from one of the mods cautioning about posts. Do they just randomly check threads for such things? Just wondering how inappropriate discussions are brought to their attention if no one complains.

Off to clean up the kitchen so Monday starts off with tidy house.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    BETSY ~ Add my name to the well wishers for your sister's improvement.

PIP ~ It seems like y'all have been making some really good decisions on your retirement. Glad that the insurance will pay for the RV's damage.

Need Advice: My BnL is in assisted living and his dementia seems to be getting a bit worse. I have been doing his Instacart shopping for basic needs and I cannot get him to come up with a list that is long enough not to pay a high delivery/service/tip fee. I keep sending him emails to ask could he please check his supplies to see if he possibly needs xy&z. He always says, "No, I will let you know when I run low." So far this month, the fees have added up to almost $50 because he will only let me know of one thing at a time. He has the money to pay these, but, I really hate knowing that he/I am wasting away his money. Please let me know what I might do to alleviate the situation.

Carol in Ga
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Better air here today but not a lot. Kind of a lazy day. I have joined a fitbit challenge with my DD, her friend, my DGD and me to see who can get the most steps during the next five days. Hope it is not too smokey or I will have to walk inside.

Terri - Happy birthday to DH

Tracy Happy birthday to you and the DGS.

Betsy - Glad your sis got good news. Wish her continued recovery.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,273 Member
    Options
    Tracey Happy birthday to you and the DGS. Hope you both have a great day

Betsy - good to hear the good news about your sister. Wish her continued recovery.

Pip it’s good that the airstream has worked out so well.

☘️ Terri
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Carol - I think that I would order other items too knowing he will use them at some point as long as they are non perishable.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    AQI 414 Still alive just slightly damaged.
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The air quality is "very unhealthy" here so I haven't been outside walking.
    I did a 25 min. workout with resistance bands at home today instead.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,059 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    BETSY ~ Add my name to the well wishers for your sister's improvement.

PIP ~ It seems like y'all have been making some really good decisions on your retirement. Glad that the insurance will pay for the RV's damage.

Need Advice: My BnL is in assisted living and his dementia seems to be getting a bit worse. I have been doing his Instacart shopping for basic needs and I cannot get him to come up with a list that is long enough not to pay a high delivery/service/tip fee. I keep sending him emails to ask could he please check his supplies to see if he possibly needs xy&z. He always says, "No, I will let you know when I run low." So far this month, the fees have added up to almost $50 because he will only let me know of one thing at a time. He has the money to pay these, but, I really hate knowing that he/I am wasting away his money. Please let me know what I might do to alleviate the situation.

Carol in Ga

Talk to his carer.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options

ginnytez wrote: »

Just curious-I saw the note from one of the mods cautioning about posts. Do they just randomly check threads for such things? Just wondering how inappropriate discussions are brought to their attention if no one complains.

Off to clean up the kitchen so Monday starts off with tidy house.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny in Ohio From the forum guidelines. Perhaps this will answer your question.

Moderation and Reporting Posts
    MyFitnessPal is moderated by a team of volunteers and a few full-time site administrators. We do not review content as it is posted, we rely on our members to help us identify problems. If you see a post that you feel violates our guidelines, you can help us by reporting a post. Our goal is to get to reports as soon as possible; however an actual human does look at each report, and some may take longer than others to decide an outcome.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    Not sure why, but today I felt so “yuk” that I really didn’t exercise. Maybe my body is just telling me to take some time off from exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Lower Body Pilates DVD but, honestly, I’m not sure I’ll have time to exercise what with working then bowling. But I do know that I’ll get in my steps. I usually do when I’m working, going to get the carts, etc.

Heather
    – I put a tray on the lower shelf and poured water into it. The reason I didn’t use the spray was for one thing this was constant moisture and for another I was afraid that I’d spray the light and possibly damage it. Ohhh…those serving dishes look so pretty. Sure wish they were on our Freecycle. Yes, they look more like dutch ovens.

Debby – I’m like you. When this “stay at home” stuff first started, you should have seen me cleaning things out! But I got rid of a lot of things. Jess was here, she keeps a lot of things or rather she wants me to keep a lot of things for her. Anyway, I threw out pictures of people I had no clue who they were and she’d get upset at that. Vince and I tried to tell her that if we don’t know who those people are, she certainly won’t know. But she didn’t want me to throw out anything.

Barbie – oh, I did sample the bread…and sample… and sample. The only problem I can see is that I’m the only one who will eat it.

Did anyone order the starter from King Arthur? If so, how much did your starter make? Mine only made that one loaf (those 2 should have been one), and I didn’t have any left over. Maybe I should have let it double more? But I was so very excited that it doubled and passed the float test that I don’t think I could have waited much more…at least not now. Maybe I can later

Tracey – happy birthday!

What did I say would happen? Vince just told me “well, I put all the coins into the closet”. Watch that they aren’t taken care of. Out of sight, out of mind will come into play. That IS unless I do something (like put them out)

Betsy – what great news for your sister!

Dropped off some of the banana chocolate chip muffins for the birthday of the hubby of the gal whose house we played mahjonngg at then went to see a friend who just got a kitten for her birthday tomorrow. Honestly, I really don’t know why she got a feral cat. But whatever, not my cat. I don’t think I would have gotten a feral cat. Oh well. Then stopped at Michaels and they had this latch hook that I’ll make for a Christmas gift for Ken. We’ll frame it, to me it’s too small to be a rug. Besides, with his cane I don’t think a rug would be a good idea anyway. I should have worked on it outside, it was so nice out today.

Then stopped at the dollar store and got more towels to make the toppers for. Honestly, I’m running out of things to do. I will probably work on a jigsaw puzzle next. I know I’ve seen where people frame the puzzle after it’s done and I think this would look cool since it’s a picture of all cats.

Anne in De
    – have a wonderful time.

KJ – why don’t we share? I’ll send you some bread and you send me some soup. Wish we had that teleporter. That would be so wonderful, I’d use it all the time.

Ginny – was that one of the mods who cautioned about the posts? Personally, I can’t even think of something related to religion or politics lately. Lisa – do they do anything about the other group?

Carol GA – can you keep a list of the things your brother purchases and just add things that he may need, even if he doesn’t need it right then? Do you add some things for yourself?

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Our AQI @4:20 PM is currently 459. I’m experiencing a low grade headache. We are inside with our air filter on. 🙁 I decided to put my 😷 on and see if it helps filter out smoke. I asked DH to time it for 15 minutes so I can see whether it helps.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Carol ... I hear ya' on the meal planning fatigue! On top of that I have one person I'm cooking for who is now on a mechanical soft diet and two others who want three meals that are low carb and then my own meals! And when I ask what everyone wants, they all say they don't know! I'm kind of at the point that I don't care ...

Beth
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    ginnytez wrote: »

Just curious-I saw the note from one of the mods cautioning about posts. Do they just randomly check threads for such things? Just wondering how inappropriate discussions are brought to their attention if no one complains. Ginny in Ohio

Ginny in Ohio From the forum guidelines. Perhaps this will answer your question.

Moderation and Reporting Posts
    MyFitnessPal is moderated by a team of volunteers and a few full-time site administrators. We do not review content as it is posted, we rely on our members to help us identify problems. If you see a post that you feel violates our guidelines, you can help us by reporting a post. Our goal is to get to reports as soon as possible; however an actual human does look at each report, and some may take longer than others to decide an outcome.

Ginny and Faye ... I think there might be search words that kick in as well ... we know that some "profanity" automatically generates *kitten* ... I think maybe a few political words might do the same thing ... The moderator gave a gentle reminder and then mentioned that she would be reading along for a while as she liked the kindness expressed on this thread (Waving to moderator :) )

Beth