Less Alcohol - MAY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Mimosa Brunch!
    Spanish Zero Codorniu (non alcoholic champagne /cava)
    Juices: Orange, Cranberry, Grapefruit
    Garnish: Raspberries
    27ibu5gd61rx.jpg

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @MissMay your posts always make me smile
    @Lilylady3k Your brunch looks fantastic to say the least!

Was AF last night, this is our last day in OH as we fly out in a few hours. It has been a whirlwind week but only 1 alcohol evening and I actually wish I had done without. It did not even taste good.

May 6 out of 7 AF days so far this month

back tomorrow after a good nights sleep
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm eyeballing the texas zucchini quiche @Lilylady3k, all looks delicious!

Holding steady:

AF 8/8 days
    CF: 2 days in a row (that's chocolate-free LOL)!!!

I enjoyed the Vax-Live concert last night on TV, especially the surprise appearance from an AC/DC singer. Brings back teen memories! Overall I found it a well put together program and so inspirational.

Make today wonderful :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Saturday to Wednesday nights AF.
    Allowing myself a few drinks Thursday and Friday nights.

My daily check in:
    Saturday May 01 - AF - Working a split tomorrow at the restaurant.
    Sunday May 02 - AF - Planning on AF until Thursday
    Monday May 03 - AF - Early and long day tomorrow, going to try not to have a wee drink afterward.
    Tuesday May 04 - 2 drinks. I didn't make it my 5AF in a row this week like I did the 2 or 3 previous weeks.
    Wednesday May 05 - AF - I had planned to have drinks tomorrow, Thursday, but since I had 2 last night I am re-evaluating.
    Thursday May 06 - 2 drinks. Planned drinks with friends outside tomorrow too. We'll see how I feel after my 1st vaccine of course.
    Friday May 07 - Drinks. No side effects from the Pfizer vaccine : - ) Planned AF until at least Tuesday.
    Saturday May 08 - AF

Rolling total: 5AF out of 8 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    Your spread looks wonderful!!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well.....promised to report back.
    My goal was two drinks once a week. Failure!
    I had two drinks 2 times last week.
    5/1 AF
    5/2 AF
    5/3 AF
    5/4 AF
    5/5/ 2 drinks
    5/6 AF
    5/7 AF
    5/8 2 drinks
    Striving for improvement next week!
    Wishing you all the best. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Reporting in on Saturday's failure.
    1 mimosa w/ champagne at brunch then AF mimosas (YEA for Spanish Zero Codorniu non alcoholic champagne /cava). Then in the evening I decided to drain the fridge of alcohol but did not pour it down the sink. 2 glasses wine with fried chicken dinner + 2 glasses champagne watching movies. Not my best day! I can do better.

This morning for Mother's Day brunch I had AF mimosas :)

There is both wine and champagne in the fridge still ... but I'm pouring out the champagne and letting DH drink the leftover white wine this evening. Stepping up to the plate and claiming an AF evening.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    NICE TO BE BACK HOME.
    Could not wait to get away, once there after 12 hours of watching my husband drink himself stupid, then fall down in public on a sidewalk and scrape himself bloody....I was ready to get back. The only great part of the time away was getting in tons of walking in new shoes that now fit, so no sore toes and getting lots of fresh air in that mask free state.

AF 9/9 in May (plus add last five days in April for 14 streak)

@Lilylady3k absolutely lovey presentation and the food looks delicious. I look at everything in the background as well and the copper ice chest has really caught my eye. I love poliahed metals. Most of my paintings I am creating these days have at least one of the fine metal colors in them.

Let's all have a successful week in goal setting.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Monday morning ... time for a wrap up of my accountability this month.

May accountability: 3/31 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (18 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

5/1 - 4 … 1 beer + 3 wine
    5/2 - 1 margarita
    5/3 - AF
    5/4 - 3 … 2 wine + 1 rum & diet coke
    5/5 - 2 … 1 Morejito + 1 tequila shot. Meeting up this evening with “Sisters Who Sip” for Cinco de Mayo at Be More Pacific - Filipino Kitchen and Bar. Our first monthly gathering in over a year. https://www.bemorepacifickitchenandbar.com/covid-19-menu
    5/6 - 3 … 1 whisky + 2 wine; Virtual Whiskey Experience Tasting w/ DH’s team from work (samples provided)
    5/7 - AF
    5/8 - 5 … Hosted Mimosa Brunch Bridal Shower. 1 mimosa w/ champagne then AF mimosas (YEA for Spanish Zero Codorniu non alcoholic champagne /cava). However, the evening I decided to drain the fridge of leftover alcohol but did not pour it down the sink. Evening 2 glasses wine + 2 glasses champagne
    5/9 - AF mimosas for Mother’s Day Brunch; AF in the evening too!

I've posted a gain the last 3 out of 4 weeks on Monday WI. Time to turn this around and quit going over both my limits for food & drink.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @MissMay - I love my new metal bucket! Bought it for DD's anniversary party ... it held the led light-up sparklers & tambourines. Then it turns out to be a great ice bucket for the mimosa brunch. (Placed a towel under it because of the sweat but it did not leak). I think I'll be using it often. Great old metal look.