Less Alcohol - MAY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! This is going to be a great week. Today I work on emptying out my cluttered head (over my to-do limit) and focus on bringing all the positive energy towards me.

Easier said than done, right??

Regarding losing the self-criticism: I had chocolate yesterday and zero guilt because it was not much. REALLY important step to success is losing the guilt because it does nothing, zilch, in fact it sinks lots of people further into bad places.

Welcome and embrace setbacks and failures, it is part of the normal process...in fact, the more setbacks one has, the more opportunities to learn from them and like me, you may get to a point where you get just plain fed up and you push through.....yep

Regarding the desire to drink the day after AF: I know I sound like a broken record but after 2 years - yes 2- of trying to alternate drinking days w/AF days the only thing that worked for me was putting in a long stretch of AF (2 months) and that got rid of the voice in my head harassing me for wine at 5pm. Now I do not think of drinking the day after a drinking day, not at all. This was the method I needed to "re-set" and "re-program" my brain. How long an AF stretch is needed varies by person but generally I read the longer the better.

AF 9/9 days
    CF-2/9 (chocolate-free)

Make it a great week full of happiness and positivity......!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    1 glass of wine with pizza this evening.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Changing my goals as my schedule is changing, but sticking to the 16-20 AF days.

My daily check in:
    Saturday May 01 - AF - Working a split tomorrow at the restaurant.
    Sunday May 02 - AF - Planning on AF until Thursday
    Monday May 03 - AF - Early and long day tomorrow, going to try not to have a wee drink afterward.
    Tuesday May 04 - 2 drinks. I didn't make it my 5AF in a row this week like I did the 2 or 3 previous weeks.
    Wednesday May 05 - AF - I had planned to have drinks tomorrow, Thursday, but since I had 2 last night I am re-evaluating.
    Thursday May 06 - 2 drinks. Planned drinks with friends outside tomorrow too. We'll see how I feel after my 1st vaccine of course.
    Friday May 07 - Drinks. No side effects from the Pfizer vaccine : - ) Planned AF until at least Tuesday.
    Saturday May 08 - AF
    Sunday May 09 - AF - Super happy that I was AF last night, turns out I needed to be sharp. I was scheduled 12-3 at the restaurant, ended up staying until 5, went for a hike with quite a bit of elevation, and then went back to work because it was so super busy, like all restaurants are for Mother's Day. We have take-out only in most parts of Canada. Nobody wants Mom's to have to cook today, regardless if it is out for a sit down dinner or takeout. Happy Mother's Day to all, those who have kids and everyone else, because we all had/have Mothers.
    Monday May 10 - AF - Early and possibly long work day tomorrow, easy to be AF tonight. I might have a couple of drinks tomorrow night, we'll see.

Rolling total: 7AF out of 10 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Margie_11 wrote: »
    Take 3!! This is my third attempt today to write a post without being interrupted.
    Well, May is a tough month for me with the anniversary of the passing of my mum on the 2nd May, Mother's Day without my kids (living interstate) followed by mum's birthday on the 29th May. I've decided to keep my goals achievable this month.
    My goals for the rest of the month is to have two AF days per week, log in my diary each day & try to be kinder to myself. Why is it we can offer support to others, but be so unforgiving & critical of ourselves?

Two AF days per week sounds achievable and reasonable.
    We are here to drink less. Some have moved over to the sober thread, some have found their sweet spot, some are just starting or experimenting with what will work best for them.
    Welcome : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

OMG, I can't believe that you are still going through this medical problem. Well, I mean, I believe it, but I don't like that you are still suffering from it.
    Even if you got a Covid test, if it is a "long-haul" thing it might be a negative test anyway.
    Sheesh, I hope some medical professional can figure it out for you!
    Take a Covid test anyway, get tested for allergies anyway.
    I really wish for you to be able to be over this.
    Big Hugs
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Changing my goals as my schedule is changing, but sticking to the 16-20 AF days.

My daily check in:
    Saturday May 01 - AF - Working a split tomorrow at the restaurant.
    Sunday May 02 - AF - Planning on AF until Thursday
    Monday May 03 - AF - Early and long day tomorrow, going to try not to have a wee drink afterward.
    Tuesday May 04 - 2 drinks. I didn't make it my 5AF in a row this week like I did the 2 or 3 previous weeks.
    Wednesday May 05 - AF - I had planned to have drinks tomorrow, Thursday, but since I had 2 last night I am re-evaluating.
    Thursday May 06 - 2 drinks. Planned drinks with friends outside tomorrow too. We'll see how I feel after my 1st vaccine of course.
    Friday May 07 - Drinks. No side effects from the Pfizer vaccine : - ) Planned AF until at least Tuesday.
    Saturday May 08 - AF
    Sunday May 09 - AF - Super happy that I was AF last night, turns out I needed to be sharp. I was scheduled 12-3 at the restaurant, ended up staying until 5, went for a hike with quite a bit of elevation, and then went back to work because it was so super busy, like all restaurants are for Mother's Day. We have take-out only in most parts of Canada. Nobody wants Mom's to have to cook today, regardless if it is out for a sit down dinner or takeout. Happy Mother's Day to all, those who have kids and everyone else, because we all had/have Mothers.
    Monday May 10 - AF - Early and possibly long work day tomorrow, easy to be AF tonight. I might have a couple of drinks tomorrow night, we'll see.
    Tuesday May 11 - Drinks. Just in from work, but going to have a couple. Big big changes in my work schedules for 3 weeks starting next Monday.

Rolling total: 7AF out of 11 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of red wine with steak dinner.