June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Nice job on finishing your challenge @pfeiferlindsey.

@polskagirl01 I love model trains and the towns they build for them. I once went to a show/museum/store in Denver and fell in love with them. If I had the time, I'd love to do model trains. Hope you all enjoyed the show and the visit to the museum.

@Scott6255 I hope your back is feeling better! The smallest things can make it seize up.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Yeah for maintaining your streak and that your back is feeling better @Scott6255 !

Sorry about your FitBit @AlphaHowls !

Congratulations on your Ultra @sweetdaisy13 ! That's awesome!

@skippygirlsmom Sounds like you had an awesome time volunteering at the Track championships. I can't even imagine running at the paces that some of those young men and women ran.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That view is beautiful.  I hope you and Stella enjoy yourselves.

@polskagirl01 Good luck on your race!

@Teresa502 I can't believe that anyone would just leave someone hiking like that. It sounds like y'all had a great guide and the hike sounds both grueling and awesome at the same time!

@rheddmobile I'm glad your husband was able to get out for a run.  And glad your mom is doing better.  Hopefully you'll get some relief from all the stress soon.

@quilteryoyo I'm glad you had a good visit with your family.  Sounds like you are as busy as ever.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo there I was all excited for you, will have to wait a week. Gale force winds can go away though!

@Teresa502 I am also amazed at the so-called friends. I wonder, did they not realize it may have been a life-threatening situation for the guy? And I feel for the older gentleman as well :( But I'm glad it all worked out and you had a good adventure.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Teresa502 Your GC trip sounded both amazing and horrific at the same time! Glad you went, and you are back safe.
    @rheddmobile that is great that you and your husband were able to run together again! PVCs sound scary, but glad they settle down after a while.
    Good luck on your HM @polskagirl01! Remember to have FUN too!! 😁
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Wish I could join you. I think a good lazing around weekend is what I need. Enjoy!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Sounds like a very grueling hike last weekend! When I read that the first peak was the highest, I thought that was great, because the rest of the hike would be easier. Guess I was totally wrong on that assumption. ;) Love the picture. I can't imagine hiking that long, let alone on difficult trails.

@Scott6255 Great running and glad your back is feeling better. It's amazing how a sneeze can make things hurt so bad. I know I often have to hold onto something when I sneeze so that I don't jerk my back too much.

@penguinmama87 You are doing great and so glad you are pumped!

Great progress and attitude @WhatMeRunning !

@rheddmobile Yeah. I once asked the tech about my stress test and was told, "I can't tell you what the results are, but if I saw something serious, I would not let you leave the building." Glad you had a good birthday and PR'd that hill. Those longer, slow elevation increases are a killer for me. You did great. Still hoping things continue to improve for you, your DH, and your mom.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @yirara Sorry the Garmin/running gods seem to be against you lately. Hope you get that straightened out.

@Scott6255 Glad the PF pain went away. Hope it stays that way.

Great news about your DH @rheddmobile !

Looks like I'm finally caught up on all the posts. You guys are doing great, as always. Such an inspiration.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 . Great job on the long run. I think the weather affects us more some days than it does others.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Friends leaving people on r2r hikes is not unusual. I've heard so many stories. It's still a *kitten* thing to do though.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 It has been a great day today. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. I am not working at the ballpark this year. I decided I had too much going on and something had to give. That was it. I may attend a game or two as a spectator.

@polskagirl01 Sorry to hear about your HM. Did you ever find out what went wrong? I hope you are able to switch to the HM next week. Fingers crossed.