Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thank you for being the voice of reason Mary!

PLEASE don't feel uncomfortable about posting pix if you have permission from your/the family or they're your children and you want to. For heaven's sake people! We are adults. Yes, this forum is open, but are people really coming to MFP and to "Women Ages 50+" looking for kids pix?!? Think about it! Let's be rational for a minute. Okay... off my soapbox.

Off to Canton. 12-hour drive ahead of us. Wish us luck. Chat tomorrow... I think, if I'm coherent. LOL
    Thanks for all the well-wishes already.
    GO VIXEN!!!

Carla, in MN... headed to OH

You don't have to come to this particular thread to find posts and pictures. This is what we are trying to explain. I know it is difficult to understand if you don't have a computer background.

You can open Google and Google someone's user name or a phrase or something and find what people here have posted. You might be looking for something else but a phrase of what you are looking for might be in this thread. It may not matter. But if someone is bored one evening and googling random things like maybe their name ... they might be surprised to discover it mentioned here.

Try it. Copy a phrase you've typed here, something with a couple relatively unique words or word combinations, and paste it into Google.

Meanwhile for Mary etc. I will continue to remind people to be careful what you post.

I post photos of my exercise areas, quite often. I exercise all over the place and don't care who sees those photos. So I am comfortable posting them.

However I will not be posting photos of my grandchildren. I don't feel comfortable with that.

If you are comfortable with what you post, by all means carry on. No one is stopping you.

M in Oz

You also post where you conduct bike rides. Are you not afraid that people will follow you to your bike rides and get information on you?? Also, it's a little condescending of you to suggest that people do not have computer backgrounds. It feels as though you are being very judgmental. We know all about your husband his accidents and where he worked. We know where you live. We also know where you have lived in the past. Everybody here has lived a very long life and has been around long enough to take care of themselves. As well as other people in their lives. This is supposed to be a place to come for support not condemnation. Let's share the love instead of criticism.

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Feel free to block me then.

And no, I am not overly concerned about the things you've mentioned. I know what information is out there about me and what I do. I check. I keep tabs on things. I keep things fairly vague and random. I only talk about a small portion of my life online. I keep the rest to myself.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    I must have missed something juicy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    Katla-thank you for the update- will continue to pray for your dh and the family.
  • Machka9
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hugs to any that are feeling uncomfortable about our present tone of conversation. No worries, it will pass like all things. We are all amazing, competent, smart, resourceful, inspirational, friendly ladies. I for one, care about each and every one of you. I will still post my way, and if it offends some, well then don't look at all my family pics. I'm not offended.💖👍
    Checking in with you all is my constant, one of my coping mechanisms. That's just how I operate. Just yesterday we got a video of Athena playing a harmonica. It was a harmonica that was given to my son from his maternal great grandfather. I am guessing my grandfather is smiling widely up in heaven. Here is one of his smiles.
    m9r1xinnshx3.jpg
    t4278du1gdtx.jpg
    An amazing tree and flowers at my sisters place.
    2ga7ab7itkyi.jpg
    Wonderfulness on her ceiling between the living room and kitchen.💖

Today we went shopping. Bought A LOT of veggies, a roasted chicken, kielbasa sausage, fish fillets, two great chocolate bars, coffee pods, great butter, chips, sour cream, herbed cream cheese. It was so great to have all my favorite veggies at the ready for my great meals. I will never take for granted the opportunity to make my own meals again! After 18 days of acclimating and not really choosing what I wish, its time for me to make my own choices!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

No one is offended. Concerned maybe but not offended. :)

We just want everyone to be informed, knowledgeable, and safe. :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    💖👍 Machka. I have always admired your dedication in everything you do. From tracking your progress, to figuring out the best way to do things. We all bring something to the table, this virtual table.👍. I hope I bring a smile to most, and man when I get a giggle or a laugh, well that just does it for me.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Julie – happy birthday! Garlic hummus, you say? Sounds interesting. Never had it, will have to give it a try

I just realized that a week from this Saturday is our Newcomer pool party! Better get on the stick for that. I’m thinking (and I don’t know if this will happen) of putting a pair of sunglasses (probably have to be a child size) on a pineapple for a decoration

oh boo hoo….I dropped my timer that I use by the pool into the pool. So off to WalMart I go since it’s supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. It was 92 today. Pool is 89. Doesn’t even feel refreshing. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 94

Vicki - Do hope you find a good fit for the job

Sue WA – today is World chocolate Day? Didn’t know that. Will have to tell chocoholic Vince. I don’t want to bore you, but I can’t remember if I told you all about the guys who fell into a vat of chocolate?

Allie – couldn’t have said it better. Love each and every one of you. We are all unique with different ways of looking at things. That’s one of the things that makes this forum so wonderful – different viewpoints

The next week or so is going to be somewhat challenging for me. You all know that I like to do most of my cooking on the weekend. Well, with Colby here and Jess here some, I have to make things probably the night before. There is no way I will have enough room in the refrigerator for food for a week for 4 adults. I know Jess doesn’t believe in frozen food (just wait till she has a family!). They like to go out to eat and we’re not crazy at all about going out. They’ve gone out by themselves

Oh, I have a question for anyone. Can you think of a liquid that smells super sweet. I’m talking sickeningly sweet. See, we have two WHY (wasp, hornet and yellowjacket) traps by the pool. Previously, I used apple juice as the attractant and it worked well. This year, for some reason, it doesn’t seem to be. Same brand of applejuice. I wonder if the store may be watering it down more. Who knows? Anyway, a few years ago I was helping Vince take down the track for the lights he had under the capstones. I must have disturbed a wasp nest because I got bitten. I don’t ever want to go thru that again. Now this year I’ve seen a few wasps. OK, I know I’m somewhat paranoid about it. One wasp is one too many for me. Do you know if they make a Hawaiian Punch concentrate? Or anyone know another liquid that smells sweet? I asked at BK about coke concentrate, but the way it comes now it has to be hooked up to the seltzer water. You can’t get just the syrup.

Making ribs right now in the IP. Hope they come out fall-off-the-bone.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    <32191610q208gshr57.gif
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Binge-watching Night Court this evening, not exactly stretching my cultural wings, but it's making me quietly happy. Reading the posts as they go by, and as usual, I marvel at how much we give to each other every day. Ah lordie, I do love you people. We all express that regard in different ways, and that's OK, too.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Binge-watching Night Court this evening, not exactly stretching my cultural wings, but it's making me quietly happy. Reading the posts as they go by, and as usual, I marvel at how much we give to each other every day. Ah lordie, I do love you people. We all express that regard in different ways, and that's OK, too.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Different personalities.
    Different backgrounds.
    Different cultures.
    Different ways of expressing things.

:)

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    Had a really good day, steps wise. Started the day with 45 min walk with MIL's dog and ended it with an hour and 15 min walk with my friend at the wetlands- total so far- 18,350 steps today.
    Feels really good to be out walking that much- At the wetlands, there is so much to see and great company- didn't feel like we walked over an hour. Saw some swans, swallows and some jack rabbits.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Now ... if someone would like to let me know what I'm doing this weekend .....

I've completely lost track ...

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    aa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Barbara - I am a very social person and have so much fun with my family.
    I think healing anything hurts somewhere else. I have been in pain for in some area since 1995. I fix one spot another goes it seems.

Viv - DH and I are trying to figure out a place for a few days break too.

If I could do anything with my day. I would have everyone together and we would just enjoy each other’s company. Maybe my SIL would cook supper.

That button bicycle is cute.

Lisa - I have had my wallet stolen and I also had some kind of activity on a bank account once. They tried to deposit a “cheque” and withdraw money. However, I hadn’t used that account in a while so they didn’t get anything. Except for the cash that was in my wallet and the cost of having ID replaced it wasn’t that big a deal to me. It just taught me a lesson on being more careful on city transit. Truthfully, they would probably feel sorry for wasting their time on trying to steal my identity. There is nothing to take and my credit sucks.
    I have my FB set to private, I did that years ago and test it regularly because as a manager I had a lot of staff try to friend me and rather than make things awkward by saying no and them being hurt, I just made it so they couldn’t find me as easily.

Lanette - we were told by the pest control guy that mice need to relocated 75kms away or they would return “home”. Squirrels are 30kms and skunks are 50. Things I really wish I didn’t know.
    We have the same weather pattern I think.

Machka - I’ll have to watch that movie. I will always need an in person social life. I find myself get very lonely very fast. DH could be a hermit though, so I understand it.
    I’m sure relaxing should be on your to do list for the weekend, but I’m sure you have lots to do again

Katla - Hugs to you and your family.

Flea - I hope you get to retire and enjoy your life soon.

Thanks Michele - I used a stylus. I have a set with 6 different ends so I can make different size dots. I have used paint brush ends too, but these are a little more consistent in size than the brushes for me anyway.
    I would try a can of frozen concentrate juice that has melted maybe. Or add sugar to the apple juice.

Rebecca - I bet Athena and the harmonica made you tear up with happy tears a bit.

We finally had a sunny afternoon and it just lead to severe thunderstorms and in one area a tornado. 6-9 homes damaged.
    The tornado was in the area of the province where my Grandson is currently at camp. I worried a bit and kept a close eye on the path and it didn’t look like it was near enough. My daughter texted tonight that the camp was untouched.

The dog we are watching has fallen for my husband. Rodger can’t sit without the dog, Jeb, pushing his hand up until it lands on his head. He then moves his head until Rodger starts petting him. When he feels he’s been petted enough he just lays his whole head in Rodger’s lap. It’s quite comical. His owner asked me if Jeb had stolen my husband yet? 😂

I’m so happy tomorrow is Friday. If I didn’t live under the firm belief that I’d you lie to get out of going to work because you’re sick, you end up sick, I would definitely call in sick tomorrow.
    Too bad there wasn’t an “I just need an extra day” type of day.

Tracey in Edmonton

It is Friday here. Thank goodness! I've only got 2 days this weekend so I'll have to make a prioritised list for whatever I decide to do.

M in Oz