t3332.gif
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Machka Thank you for posting the information on preventing constipation. Lots of information on there that I think will help my mum - she suffers dreadfully. She already does a few of the recommendations, but certainly a few other ideas we can try. We'll go slowly as I don't want to overburden her system. Plus I'll have to persuade her to give up on some dairy products :) (she does like the extra creamy yogurts)

<3
    Viv UK

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept fairly well.no adverse effects from the shots except a bit of soreness, but that is to be expected..
    Talked with Tom yesterday his neighbor a couple doors down..went and checked inside the place there was a little bit of water in the spare bedroom but nothing horrible..the pictures I posted and showed you were the car port and screeened porch and the florida room ripped off but the slider and kitchen window withstood the wind,so they dodged a bullet.
    I really enjoyed going there for many years and so many more in the park lost so much more..
    Today im just going to lay low and rest..
    Tracy and the family are supposed to get pictures taken today and its cloudy and kinda yucky out.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Heather: Happy Birthday!

Pipcd34: Love your new dog!

Sue: Never knew about Tesla Walls before

DLFK: Praying for Destiny
    :
    Melanie: Welcome

Karen: What a wonderful story!

Annie: Enjoy your books!

KJlmore: Thank you for your thoughts about us. I feel the same way!

VIv: Of course you miss your DH. My husband never did a lot socially. So I would probably have decided it wasn't the event for me or I might have gone alone but probably the former.

Lisa: Congrats on your daughter's wedding!

Carol: By all means, take it to the store, let them pack it...and get the mattress out of your life. And yes it is money lost. I sometimes spend more in packing and shipping to send gifts up North than I do for the gift itself. I kick myself over it, but I don't have the energy nor storage space to be doing all that wrapping and packing myself.

I am about to have my Zoom Spiritual Writing Group at 9. I have missed some of these sessions so hope to make this one. I am sleeping longer and better. I do get up in the middle of the night and take a bath and then go back to bed! My body is craving exercise, and I use to exercise, but am still too tired to do too much. I hope this changes. I have been watching a series on British Villages...very soothing. I sometimes leave it on without the sound just for the landscapes!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    7mgvxlplbnp8.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Happiest of Birthdays Heather !!!
    No pictures today they are putting it off a couple weeks..
    So im very confused.. my social security usually gets deposited on the 4th Wednesday of the month,got a letter saying they would be changing it to the 3rd of the month.
    So the deposited one this past Wednesday the 26th and then one this Friday the 30th.. im totally confused.. dont know if i should call them or not.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Heather!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Ee
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    🎉🥳🎂 Happy Birthday Heather 🎂🥳🎉
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    HEATHER
    vstan7ostn3g.png

Thanks for getting October started, Barbie! Such a glorious month!

Finished off what I missed when we lost internet on retreat yesterday... LOL and now I'm back!
    It was actually really, really nice being completely OFFline and nothing we could do about it. I got over ONE-HUNDRED cards done in the two days I was there! They were all pre-fab kits, but I was so excited to get them all done.
    Home again and LOVE sleeping in my own bed. The leaves here are already turning... :'( Fall is definitely here. Not sure I like that, but... yeah.

Have a Blessed SONday!
    Carla, in MN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Karen - incredibly beautiful story about your dinner and your thoughtful bosses coming to your mom's funeral.

Heather - so neat Edie read and loved your children's story, and that you were able to explain it to her. I bet she'll be a psychologist, author, or both. :) Sad to hear about your DH's twin - I get it. They share DNA but never shared much else in their lives it seems.

Carol - once these mattress toppers escape from the box, they don't want to go back in without a fight. :# We ran into that when we got a topper many years ago after our highly-touted mattress starting sagging after a year. The mattress company did send us a free topper, which helped for about 6 months. I finally decided to order a topper from Amazon to go on top the Saatva topper and voila, finally, it was comfortable. I have to stand on my step platform to get into bed to get a 4" boost.

I sure miss the good old days when mattresses were made to last and a person could FLIP them every 6 months or year.

Rori - I thought of you this morning when a song by Florence & the Machine came on the radio. Thank you for posting your adventures and allowing us to live vicariously through them. :D

Rebecca - glad to hear things are "moving along". When my DH had diverticulitis many years ago, he was hospitalized since he was on the verge of peritonitis. I remember the surgeon coming into his room, slapping down a big jug on the tray beside his bed and saying, "This is draino. Drink it all."

Michele - how long do you intend to work at BK? For as long as you can? Seems like the ideal job for you, good hours, plus you get nice spending money.

I've been fighting congestion/plugged ears the past few days. My typical allergy symptoms but Zyrtec doesn't seem to be doing the job. I have a hunch when I see my GP on Tuesday she'll send me home with Aselastine nasal spray, she offered it to me last week when I messaged her about my earache (which got better.) It's past time for the Dexa bone density scan so I'll get caught up.

We're going to have a warm afternoon, I should get busy and plant some tulip bulbs.

Make it a fabulous Sunday!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Heather- Sounds like you have had an amazing day doing exactly what you love

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Was able to ride the recumbent bike, do the Abs with Jackie DVD, then take a walk. Then went to WalMart and bought gas. Cleaned the floor, let the air out of my pool floats (cry), now I’ll go wash and wax my car

Heather – so glad to hear your birthday went so well. Out of the mouths of babes, ehhh?

Lanette – I told them at BK that the only ways they’d get rid of me is if BK fired me (which probably won’t happen, I don’t think they believe in firing) or when it stops being enjoyable. What I enjoy the most about the job is the flexibility it allows me. The other day I had a dermatologist appt. at 9a.m. I’d made the appt a year ago and totally forgot about it until I got the reminder. I tried to reschedule but it would have been months out. BK let me come in Sun night, do the prep for Mon. so I could go to the appt. Then they let me come back just to peel and slice the onions. See, I like to do that the day before their delivery so I can just separate the onions in the back room and be out of everyone’s way while they’re putting things away. Thanks for the reminder that I do need to check on my DEXA scan. I’m not sure I made the appt.

Off to wash and wax.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather!

Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Heather! 🌺 🌸 🌼