WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    I don't normally do these games, but this one grabbed my attention.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Rori - happy 67th! <3 That Flea and Farmer's Market sounds like fun! Great way to celebrate your special day. <3

Lanette B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Tracey and SueBDew: Prayers for you and your family.

Karen: Love, love love your baby Rory. That embroidery journal is fantastic and inspiring. I had never embroidered before,so picked up a kit of 4 simple stamped designs for practice. I work on this while watching or listening to sports.
    vxvbz0wgnu36.jpg

It's been a great weekend celebrating my 67th Spin Around the Sun. Had lunch with neighbors, dinner with niece and enjoyed an unusually sunny and warm day walking for 3 hours at our big Flea and Farmers Market. Didn't need a blessed thing but still managed to fill a bag with cheap little "finds" that make me smile: a new pair of snowpants, lucky bamboo branches and a vintage Denver Nuggets tshirt. Also some beautiful mangos and apple bananas. Score!
    el4q9fpa59n9.jpg

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Happy Birthday

thanks for posting the picture- reminded me that I have two mango that are ready to eat, along with my second papaya. I will cut one mango now. Had a sweet potato for lunch and wanted something else to go with it.

Allie- thanks for the reminder. I need to take my garbage out. Odd that no one else doesn't see that it is totally full, just keep adding to it.

Miso, one of the cats was on my lap, sat on the key board and all of a sudden there was something I had never seen before popped up on the screen. Navigator- was saying every letter/key stroke I typed. Would also read every thing I clicked on. Glad I figured out how to get rid of that.

Time to go clean out the fridge or take down the Christmas tree. I want both done this afternoon. Will have son take the tree and put it in the van so we can get it back in storage. Ready to get that corner organized again and the cat trees put back there instead of in the way.

Dinner tonight will be the ham we got on managers special for .49 a pound- nice big spiral ham. Mashed potatoes and salad. I picked a few little second shoots off my romanesco plant that uprooted itself. Not much there but will be a nice addition.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    PS. The show my DH was watching is called ‘The World’s Strangest Mysteries.’

RvRita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Barbara— Thank you for the kind words. DH has made several trips to the doctor’s office & is doing ok for now. Keeping my fingers crossed that he will continue to get better & better. Happy 2023 for all of us.⭐️

Matchka— Blue berries are my favorite! Yours are excellent. Keeping you & DH healthy is important. 🫐

Karen in VA— Happy news that your brother has visited the Virginia Museum of fine arts. It sounds wonderful. 😍

Ginnytez— Thanks for your comment. DH went to the doctor yesterday and is doing ok today. 😎

Heather— Enjoy your photography. Edie is a lovely subject. 🥰

Kim— Good news that you had your Christmas celebration with your friends. 🎄

(((Allie))) — I hope you’re able to get away from the funk. 🌹

KJ —“Restore” is an excellent word for 2023. ⭐️

Kymarai—Happy Sunday! Enjoy your time in Kentucky. 😊

Rori— Happy 67th spin around the Sun! Enjoy your celebration!
    ❤️

Katla

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Our hardback copy of the latest Vera novel arrived today. :D

I've just ordered, after I saw someone doing something on Instagram, 50 wooden blank coasters that you can put your own designs on. I've also ordered heatproof gloss varnish. No idea if I can manage to produce anything worth keeping, but we do use coasters, and they will be nice as small presents for people. My family are always losing theirs! It will be an interesting experiment! :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I've got some of them and have done nail polish pours on them to make swirling patterns. And to use up my nail polish.

M in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
    Nearly caught up.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Took a nice nap. Now heading back to Ohio.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 10min 30sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold and put away, make hummingbird food = 600c

Did laundry yesterday didn’t count calories
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Rori Happy Birthday!! Hope your 67th year is filled with good health and good times.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Suebdew so sorry about your brother in law, and relieved that he found his peace. Hope your trip is smooth.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    one of the two things on my to do list is done. The tree is down, in the van so we can take it back to storage, living room vacuumed of all the fake needles and the stuff put back where it belongs. I will really miss the lights from the tree this evening but like having the stuff back where it belongs. Too much stuff in here as it is then add the tree and decorations and it gets a bit much after a while. Will be great when I don't have any of the daycare stuff in here anymore.

Fridge did not get cleaned out. Maybe tomorrow. No school for Ezie so I will have her all day, but don't have to go out in the storm to pick her up. That is fine with me. Have projects for her to keep her busy.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Did Prevention’s Fit in 10 DVD then went for my walk. Senior bowling tomorrow.

Tracey – HUGS for Roger and your family

Ginny – I, too, like counted crosstitch but have only used a pattern. Wish I knew how to make it so that I can make my own pattern. For some reason, I don’t know how to tat. Wish I could learn, but I don’t know anyone who knows how to do it.

To be honest, I can’t remember the last time I accepted a friend request. I have denied quite a few, especially those from men

Beth – ouch about the crown! Just be sure not to have anything real cold or warm (like ice cream or coffee) until you get it taken care of

Jeannie – please don’t remind me the big 7oh. Too close for comfort, that’s for sure. Remember when we were in our 20’s and the saying was “don’t trust anyone over 30”?

Did 2 loads of laundry and made a banana chocolate cake for Vince after he finishes the avocado brownies (no, I didn’t tell him there was avocado in it. Should put away at least one load (plus I need my bowling socks from that load) while the cake is cooling before I ice it. Made the icing, too.

It looks like Penny hasn’t logged in in 8 months. Hope she’s OK

Allie – yup, Tobias. Just couldn’t think of his name.

Iced the cake then cut it up into 4 pieces. Now freezing it so that I can wrap it, put it in the freezer, and the wrapping (aluminum foil) won’t stick to the icing. Off to sort the laundry (funsville!)

Debbie – I’m the only one in my house that knows how to take out the recyclables! All you need to do is take the can out, dump it into the larger can and close the lid. But still……

Anne DE – good luck at the doctor’s

SueBDew – I’ so sorry to hear of your BIL’s passing. Prayers. Hope you have a safe trip there and back.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Prevention’s Fit in 10 DVD then went for my walk. Senior bowling tomorrow.

Debbie – I’m the only one in my house that knows how to take out the recyclables! All you need to do is take the can out, dump it into the larger can and close the lid. But still……

Michele NC

The really funny thing here about the recycling is that dh complains to me that ds just put it in the tray we have set for it but doesn't take it out. All this while he does the same exact thing. I take it out a few times a day and most of it is from his stuff.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Suebdew - thank you for letting us know about your BIL. Glad he is no longer in pain. Have a safe flight. <3

Kim - glad you and Levi made it home safely. I was on the edge of my seat just reading about it. :# Sounds like the lakes and reservoirs are filling and giving CA relief from the drought in some areas. :)

KETTLEBELLS - Mary and others of you who were using a kettlebell a few years ago. Are you still? I'm wondering if this would be good for upper body and core. I just remembered I have a 10# one around here someplace that I should dig out.

It's been a gloomy, breezy, rainy winter day here in SW WA State. Great day to stay inside.

Make it a wonderful week! <3

Lanette B)
  • kymarai
    Options
    :)