WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I don’t know how to fix this. I am frustrated and sad. I love this group, and I don’t know what to do.

You are still here. You can still read our posts, right? We can still read yours.

But if you want to change back to Katla49, the first thing you will need to do is to write down the passwords for this account and Katla49. Don't tell us what they are, just write them down.

Then follow the instructions Pip gave you. Do you remember talking to Pip on the phone?

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.

The only plans we had yesterday was a stroll through a neighbouring arty town to look at the shops.

7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.

I do box breathing at some point just about every day.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food.
    :)

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    Many times.

10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.

Afternoon walk ...

gk9c2ciwlcx2.png

11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.

Not so much today. But usually. :)

12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Hi, all. Thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I have been lurking in the background reading all the comments for quite awhile and feel I know you all. A little about myself. I'm soon to be 73 and farming with husband (organic farm) in Alberta. Love gardening and maintaining large yard keeps me active and busy in the summer. Have traveled quite a bit then at age 65 my world was turned upside down with a cancer diagnosis. Went through a year of chemo/radiation treatment and to date cancer free. Planning on a trip to Ireland in April with a couple of friends and looking forward to it. Will be my first overseas trip since the pandemic. Have been struggling with keeping my weight in check. Had gained about 30 pounds over the isolation/pandemic period and still trying to get about 20 pounds off. Scale is slowly moving in the right direction. Enjoy reading through all the comments.

Joy

Hi Joy,

I'm also an Alberta girl. I have probably spent the most years of my life living in Alberta. :)

Now, however, I'm an Australian girl.

I'm glad to see that you're cancer free and have a trip planned.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Nice bicycle ride on quiet roads. :)

jbi23fnqzlm6.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Got this photo this morning from DDIL. The steels are in. I texted back, "Do you think you've got enough space?"
    jw0r0pid3yaw.jpg

Bea went for her birthday party yesterday, which was held at Lazer World. I imagine that was fun. ;) I think there were 12 kids in all.
    Tuesday next week is her actual birthday, and she is taking the day off school (! :o ) to use her Christmas present, which is a day at the zoo, going round with the zookeeper, and 'helping' them. We are meeting the family afterwards at Fatto a Mano. I have already handed over her roller skates to my son as the box is too bulky to carry. I don't actually know which zoo. There isn't one nearby.

Went for my 5k run this morning. Not too cold, not too windy, not too wet. I stopped off at the deli on the way home. I wanted apples to fry with black pudding. We are also going to have leeks. I can feel Breton cider calling. :)

Lots of love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This is a new day and a new hope. I am grateful for the help from Pip & Machka. DH & I are in a new state near our daughter & family.

Katla in Illinois
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, Can your son help you? Did he have your computer? No matter what your log in name says, we know it's you and are wishing you well.
  • myvt9v4crh
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Barbie—Thank you. My son has my new computer but it hasn’t been shipped to me so far & I’m still using my phone for all communication with family & friends.

This is a new day and a new state. I am not giving up on myself or Women 50+. I am grateful for the help from Pip & Machka. DH & I are living in a new state & are near our daughter and family.

I am still stuck with myvt9v4crh. I can’t seem to get rid of it. I welcome help.

Katla in IL

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ You looked great in that photo! Enjoy your trip down South and stay safe!

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I was going to go to an Irish Dancing program today. Unfortunately we are going to get another round of snow at that time. There is not much parking there either and you have to park on the street, and they just issued a park on one side of the street parking because of all the snow we have. The temperature is hovering right at freezing so walking could be treacherous too. There are also numerous big events going on that will impact traffic. A friend offered to drive but she wants to pick up another friend first that would add at least 45 minutes to the drive both ways in good driving conditions. I said thank you but if I am not comfortable driving myself in these conditions I would not be comfortable driving with someone else. She ordered the tickets in advance so I will pay for the ticket.

I have driven in enough bad weather that I know to pass no matter how much I would like to go. It is possible with a degree or two warmer there would be fewer problems, but I would not know until the time of the program is over. If it was just a mile or two away I would chance it. It is 10 miles away on a busy freeway. I have driven that freeway during a bad snow and what takes 10 minutes can take up to two hours with white knuckle driving.

I will stay home take a hot bath, read, take a nap with DrewB. AHHH!

Carla Snleet good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read this. I take DrewB out three times a day so yes I feel plenty of snleet on my face. I also like the term grapple or how about snarkle.

For many in the US Spring ahead tonight. Clocks are set an hour later.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    Options
    Barbie—My son has my new computer but it has not been shipped to me yet. All I have available for now is my phone. So far I have been stuck with the mess from MFP, and it has caused a tear or two and much frustration. I can hardly wait for my new computer.

Pip has helped & I am very grateful. It worked beautifully until MFP derailed it. I don’t know why they did it. Perhaps I hit a wrong key, but I didn’t post unless spelling was correct.

I am frustrated. I love the women in this group, and I don’t plan to quit.

Katla in Illinois
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I actually feel like exercising today! I didn't think that would happen. I might go ride my stationary bike some. I scheduled dumbbells with my father tonight.

Allie Sorry for your loss. That looks like a fun crowd! You are blessed to have good friends, even if that means more funerals. You look great!

Karen Little Rory is a darling!

Have a marvelous day, my friends,

Annie in Delaware

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melanie!

Annie in Delaware