WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Rodger surprised me with a dozen red long stem roses for our anniversary. I put them in the vase he bought me for our first anniversary. We also went out for supper. We went to a small town away from us to a, new to us, restaurant that reminded me of back home restaurants.
    The service was slow and not the best, since I used to waitress in a place very similar to me it seemed they were short staffed so I still tipped the waitress. The food was good. They played 80’s rock in the background and the decor doesn’t look like it’s been updated since then.

Our Grandpup was doing much better today. DH was out at their house, he said she wanted to play with him. But they didn’t play more than shaking a paw. She slept right after again. Kaitlyn said she ate twice today though so that’s a positive sign.

Tracey in Edmonton

Happy Anniversary! :heart: :heart:

And I'm glad your grandpup is doing better.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary, Tracey. Sounds like you had a nice celebration. Glad to hear that the grandpup is improving.

Had a little shower last night. There were severe thunderstorm warnings out with potential downpours but we were missed. Organic inspector phoned yesterday and wants to come on Saturday to inspect fields/books. Coming early this year as we are usually inspected in August. Will be here between 4 and 5. Going over the books this morning with DH as I haven't recorded any of our sales. It's good DH has an excellent memory and will be able to match up the sales receipts to which bin the grain came out of. I find that I keep the records up to date at harvest time but when it comes to selling the grain later in the year I tend to slack off.

Enjoy your day ladies.

Joy
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

One would think, Beth, but he's really just an arrogant, narcissist, jacka**, not violent. He likes the feeling of power. I know I'm making it sound as if he could "go off", but he's really a weak idividual and he's proven that many times in the past when he's been confronted by authority, like the police or even people "bigger" than he is. smdh. Anne is very safe, Annie. She lives in a locked building and works with some wonderful people who are completely on her side and is dating a local police officer now. LOL. (one of the main reasons that she finally took out the protection order... he talked her into it) I agree, Tracey. I want those weapons taken away from him, but for me it's petty selfishness. He's an a**hole and treated my baby horribly, so I want him punished. Sorry for the language ladies, but he brings out the worst in me.

OMGosh, Allie. I've got pix of all the grands in those playground tunnels like Miles is in. Those are so danged cute!

Happy Anniversary, Tracey!

Hearing this morning... but I think they're asking for a continuance due to the need to look at all the evidence that Anne just provided. (over 200 phone logs and voice messages!!!)
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,635 Member
    Options
    Carla - I would hope that they issue a temporary protection order while reviewing the info.... because no order puts her at more risk. Bullies - which is what he sounds like may back down most of the time, but they can snap too....

kim in N. California
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Carla--Sending prayers for Anne. That is scary, but sounds like the right thing to do.
    Tracey--Pray things went well at the doctor. Are they giving you more time off? Happy Anniversary.
    Allie--Sounds like the perfect birthday for you and Alfie.
    Tracey & Rita-- We are doing a little better than paycheck to paycheck, but it would not take much to put us back there. That is one reason I want to work 3-4 years to get completely out of debt and have some savings built up.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Tried on my formal dress. Not a great look, (lumps and bumps) but I can get into it as it's stretchy. I'm hoping the sparkly cape will avert the eye! ;) Not going to take the faux leather leggings. I can squeeze into them still, but I just don't feel comfortable. Hopefully next year. Most evenings are smart/casual, but there are 3 formals. I will just wear the same dress. My other formal dress was a tight squeeze last year!

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

There's always Spanx or Honey Love. :smiley: I plan to use one of them this summer for an upcoming wedding. I'm not looking forward to getting dressed for that occasion.

Tina in CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,880 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate the people who help impaired adults.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 88/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)41/94 w(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,501 Member
    Options
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. Does Sunday’s email to R count?
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Good news from Joe’s new Drs. Passed EKG, colonoscopy scheduled, gout test negative. He said it was a lot of trouble to go to for something he didn’t want in the first place, but he said it with a laugh so I joined in ;)
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Messaged C about boogaboos.

Ugh! 2.5 oz of Pom wonderful has as much sugar as I put in two cups of tea. Sneaking up on sugar reduction is going to be tricky. Last night learned my favorite frozen single serving lasagna has 25 g of added sugar SMH. Joe is doing great with AF and no sugar, has lost 5 pounds in two weeks.
    Trouble Monday morning with mfp on my iPhone and win10 laptop with both Waterfox and Firefox even with tracking security turned off. Later able to get in on iPhone but not laptop til late afternoon.
    Rori praying you are safe from the shootings. Sad they marred the Nuggets' celebration.
    Aha! @1948cwb is peachy Carol in GA with a new profile pic. I was going to welcome you and ask your preferred name and location. :laugh:
    Belated happy anniversary Tracey and Rodger! Thanks Tracey for understanding about nagging DH about health issues. ;}
    Rebecca that annoyance energy, well done!
    Heather well done on the pt exercises. They can make a huge difference. Hope Penny gets back to you soon.
    Karen please be sure to share any good stories from your monthly lunches with Dr. Fierro ;)
    Flea hooray for clear bone scan. Whooshing good energy for mammo and oncologist appointment.
    Allie hope the auto immune numbers point to some treatment/relief.
    Lanette :cry: no doubt you’re right, but neither could you make him choose better fuel. ((hugs)) Are there friends/relatives far away with whom you could zoom or FaceTime? IMHO it would be better to set a pattern NOW to chat with someone every day, than wait til winter when you may not feel like putting forth the effort. Dog bite? IMHO as the owner of a SkyeTerrier who has not yet bitten anyone ONLY because she is always leashed whenever outside our property… Roger and his spouse need to control-not-watch the little eskimo.
    Beth $4.99/lb for rhubarb? :noway:
    Kay con VERY gratulations on the 8 lbs and 5 inches. That’s tremendous. Are you still “shaking the sugar”?
    Tina the Cretan goat stories made me snort my water! :laugh:
    Rita what you said about less pain = better mood. Truth this!
    Rosemarie glad you learned the truth about keeping a balance on credit cards. Paying them off WILL improve your credit score AND save you the interest. Picking strawberries is to me the definition of stoop labor :{ Sounds like your building stamina, well done!
    Michele oh noo, poor Tigger :cry:
    Debbie brava for adding jogging to your walking and Zumba.
    Evelyn had to google Sally Ann to realize you were talking about what I’ve heard called “The Sals” here. ;)
    Machka the “…not doing laundry” meme is the story of my life :laugh: “the rest of life is very complicated” Yours certainly is. ((hugs)) Thanks for the beautiful Nordegg area pics. Gorgeous!
    Ginny yours to Terri about peaceful passing. With all those painful interpersonal responsibilities I’d be eager to retire. Throw in a three meeting day and I’d be outta there :laugh:
    Kylia good for you for finding the “…at least it isn’t a skunk…” positive in the mouse situation.
    Heather, thanks for mentioning the Gottmans. Found their website and podcasts. First tip? How to manage expectations. How apt. Strangely I feel some fear/anxiety. Joe and I don’t talk about emotional stuff and I don’t know how/would be afraid to start. Hmm need to ponder this. So glad Johnnie felt comfortable to chat/share with DDIL. Disinterested party and all.
    Vicki My I can remember when my wage went from $3.25 to $3.45 an hour. I was able to live, eat and save enough money for a down payment on a brand new 1976 Toyota Corolla liftback SR5. Times have sure changed! Have the wages at your hospital kept up with the inflation rates? IMHO if a CAN elsewhere makes more an hour than you do, when you retire, (or collapse) the hospital will have to replace you with two workers, both making more than you do now. Just sayin’ ;}
    Lisa one of my coworkers’s husband died, her former boss sent a ham. She was ever so grateful, something the gathered family could self-feed at need.
    Rita con VERY gratulations on leaving the negative and starting to save. I’m with Barbie, writing down everything I spend helps me make better choices. I keep two spreadsheets, one to reconcile the checking account (automatic payments, checks, social security $$ etc) and one to categorize ALL expenses, cash, credit card, automatic payment, checks, etc. Sorry to hear the co-hosts and worker/gd quit, but at least it’s a reality check. Now you know it’s not just your perception, management is definitely doing something wrong.
    Carla intense prayers for Anne. It’s awful what our justice system puts victims through. Remind me, are there children? Praying the idiot respects the no-contact order and gets a new life, far far away. It’s the weaklings you have to watch out for. Glad to hear Anne’s got a good cop in her life. ;)
    Beth yours to Rita and especially to Carla.
    Allie so glad you get to go to the lake house for your birthday and bring Alfie. ‘boutdamtime…
    Lisa hope the combination of (formerly failed) antibiotics and new biologic works! Again ‘boutdamtime.
    Kim yours to Carla about temporary restraining orders and bullies that can “snap”. Truth and worrisome.
    Rebecca thank you so much for those pics. Makes me feel less bad about my office/garage/bookshelves. Sorry your sister got such litter return on her time/effort investment but at least now she can be relieved of the burden.

Whoops, where did the morning go? Time to dress for dance class!
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. 1-Blue skies. 2-views of the ocean on way into town and on stroll chat with T. 3-sharing worries and laughter with D. 4-Pianist’s choice of offertory-congregation gave her an ovation. 5-Perfect temperature today, 70 degrees at 10 am, blue sky, sunshine, only the merest breeze to keep the air fresh. That “ahh I’m home” feeling. And then there was the birdsong. 6-cool still day perfect for burnbarreling the fernwhackings.7-Pomegranate/kombucha soothing my sore throat, thanks Lanette! 8-Zicam minimizing cold symptoms. 9-Joe volunteering to pick me up something from Freddie’s-Minestrone! 10-Jeopardy walking for the first time since got this cold. 11-vimeo-ed church but feel well enough to take dogs to powerline and play with plants on this gorgeous day. 12-Shower and clean linens after sweating for a week. 13-felt well enough for line dancing at the Grange.14-
    06/13: Move: 2 sets PT w/D, line dancing. steps: 7447
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 12+6= acv, almonds, apple, beets, cucumber, ginger, Kashi, kombucha, oats, olive oil, peanuts, pineapple, pomegranate juice radish, romaine, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat-ginger snaps/pizza . CI=1411 CO=468
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, Library, massage, Post Office, Grocery Outlet. Wt:134.3
    06/12: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a. steps: 5382
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 12+ = acv, almonds, beets, cucumber, ginger, Kashi, olive oil, pineapple, radish, romaine, tomato sauce, wheat-ginger snaps/ CI=1481 CO=202
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, groom Tumble, changed linens, organize minutes and resolutions folders, drop off at fire hall.. Wt: 134.0
    06/11: Move: 1 sets PT w/D, dogs to powerline. steps: 5378
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+6+7+5+2+4+2 =34 acv, almonds, apple, beets, carrots, celery, cranberry jalapeno jelly, cucumber, garbanzo beans, Kashi, kettle corn, kombucha, macadamia nuts, minestrone soup, oats, olives, onions, peanuts+sauce, pepperoncini, pineapple, pomegranate juice, potato chips, radish, rice-brown, romaine, snap peas, soy breakfast patty, sweet peppers-yellow/orange, sweet potato frites, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-cronut/pizza/Snap’d crackers/noodle soup/sourdough. CI=1102 CO=127
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, vimeo church. Wt:133.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    (((Tracey)))—I hope you will have good help from a good lawyer. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. ❤️

Katla
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    <3:)Tracey Happy Anniversary 🙂🌻