WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Good morning ladies.

Had our organic inspection on Saturday and everything went very well. Always get a bit anxious just before. Not sure why as we have never had an issue. Having worked for the provincial government a number of years in the past I am used to paperwork and form filling. Inspector complimented us on our yard which was nice to hear. We planted some of the trees 50 years ago from small seedlings so they are now huge….also liked my little orchard.

Went to Edmonton yesterday to visit DD and family for Father’s Day bbq. Had a nice visit. Poured rain while there and pretty much all the way home. Have now accumulated over 3 inches at home but I’m sure Edmonton got a lot more. We were in desperate need of rain but hopefully it knows when to quit. Standing water now on some of the fields will cause some damage.

Enjoy your day ladies.
    Joy

Congratulations!

And yes, it does seem to rain a lot after a bushfire season.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    m68sd8112emm.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    For your interest ...

Understanding Brain Health: Preventing Dementia is a free, open online course, developed by Brain Health Scotland in partnership with the University of Edinburgh.

https://www.brainhealth.scot/mooc
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    db9grq6xgy5c.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    UPDATE ON KIRBY

Doc says he has 2 bulging discs, has arthritis in his lower back spine and in his neck. He says he is surprised that he isn’t in any pain. He is having him go in for more tests, he still doesn’t know what is causing his bowel issue. I’m not surprised that he’s not in pain, he is constantly active. If he was sedentary all of the time and then got up to move that’s when it would make sense to hear him complain about pain. Oh well, we’ll see what shakes.

Today I’ll be taking the kids the full distance, kirby will turn back with Lucy at 2 miles. We had some windows replaced and the bathroom window needed to have the balance replaced, well they had ordered the wrong one, so it came in and they will be fixing that one this morning. We will be able to open that window after that, yeayyyyy.

Sorry about Kirby's back and bowel issues.

But I agree about how being active helps reduce pain.

If I sit or lie down a lot during a day, my hips get so sore I can hardly walk or move (arthritis), but if I am active or even just spend an hour here or there standing at work, I am fine.

M in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WOW.
    Take care.
    I'm out.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Michele - on the laptop, and using the mouse, I'm able to highlight and delete everything in a quote that doesn't pertain to what I'm responding to and consequently I can tighten up the post. On my tablet, no. Not sure about a phone's capability in that area.

Lanette B)

I did this on my tablet. It’s not as easy as on a computer, but it can be done. I just delete. Very carefully.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options