WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    MFP Accountability Post for September 4, 2023

Kylia in OH - 123.7- last Sunday. I bounced between that and 125 all week. lots of eating out, lack of water (didn't help migraine). No more weigh ins for 2 weeks. ;)

Debbie in CA - only down 2oz this week so pretty much the same.

Lanette SW WA State – no big change on scale, but waist circumference has decreased, pants more comfortable – which was a primary goal.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa your exercise room looks great :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    Heather - Thank you. That was beautiful.

Annie - I enjoy Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts. Birthright is a good book. I enjoy her settings quite a lot.
    I’ve also read some Karen Robards, not as many as her. I like romance/mystery type books and books about character. I’ve enjoyed Kristin Hannah, but some of hers make me feel too much so I have to take them slowly.

Rita - you are doing so well.

Heather - how long ago did L’s husband pass? Was it two years now?
    My Mom never changed anything after Dad passed except she did give his toes to my BF’s uncle, she knew he needed clothes badly.

Lanette - I didn’t know that about B-12, I’m going to start taking mine regularly.

Ginny - I like SUV’s for the same reason. DH’s truck has running boards or o would be in trouble.

Kim - that cat seems like too much to me.

Kylia - How old is your granddaughter. Is she Dyslexic by any chance?

Michele - I’m shocked your dollar store has a return policy. They all have no refunds or returns here.
    I commend you for doing your floors on your hands and knees, I couldn’t handle that at all anymore. I have done it, but wouldn’t now.

Rebecca - we are so short of doctors now, that most people have no choice but to go to ER when it’s not an emergency.

Kylia - I was having headaches everyday for months, I was extremely unhappy, depressed, and having numerous bowel and stomach issues. I am doing so much better. I haven’t had a headache for probably 2 months now, still have some stomach and bowel issues when I think about work or know I have to deal with something regarding it. I know you are in a tough situation, but I think you would be better off in a new job too.

Our power usage isn’t the issue, it’s all of the distribution and administration fees that make it horrendous. Same with our gas.

Barbara - that must be a relief to have some of the roads opened up again.

Barbie - I need to make your “Never miss an opportunity to keep my mouth shut” one of my mottos.

Before DH and I were married I was dating a guy whose mother was from Hungary. She told the story of escaping in the middle of the night when she was 6 years old. There were a couple of Hungarian dishes she made that I really enjoyed. I don’t know what they were called though. She is my FB friend, but she’s not on much, I don’t know if she would remember what I liked or not.

Lisa - I just love your property.

Pip - congratulations on the sale.

I have had a pretty busy weekend so far. Kaitlyn is coming tomorrow and we are going to work on a gallery wall.

I walked in the living room tonight for 25 minutes because it is too smoky to be outside doing it.
    I woke up this morning and the furnace was running, it was cool.

Tracey in Edmonton

I understand that.😥💖
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka I read the article link you posted about too much vitamin B12. I now know why my doc suggested I lower or stop the extra supplementation:

“There is also some evidence suggesting that high doses of B12 may lead to negative health outcomes in those with diabetes or kidney disease.

One 2010 study found that people with diabetic nephropathy (loss of kidney function due to diabetes) experienced a more rapid decline in kidney function when supplemented with high dose B vitamins, including 1 mg per day of B12 (7Trusted Source).

What’s more, the participants receiving the high dose B vitamins had a greater risk of heart attack, stroke, and death, compared to those receiving a placebo. However, more recent studies are needed to support this claim (7Trusted Source, 8Trusted Source).”

I am pre-diabetic and now have early kidney disease so will need to watch the B12 numbers more closely! Thanks for the article link!

RVRita in Roswell, NM

Good reason to cut back!

I did see that part, but although I have early CKD, I don't have diabetes.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    Options
    I still have my bag to donate from last time I cleaned. Doesn't it have to age a year first?
    Annie in Delaware

:lol::lol:

At least a year!

I've got a bag somewhere downstairs that's been aging for about 3 years!

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- sorry you got the creeping crud too..the new strain is rearing its ugly head again.
    Finally stopped to see munchkin boy.. he talking so much more.but still tugging on mommy and wanting to nurse ,i think he does it for comfort and because he is tired.
    Im tired too..so I shall say good night..Heather and Rosemarie hope you both feel better.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Just work, then in the pool, then took a walk around the neighborhood. I used to be able to go into the neighborhood adjacent to ours but I found out today that they have this blocked off. So I walked my neighborhood. I might go on another road another day

Been pulling weeds around the fence to our pool. We’re going to put down these blocks so the weeds have to go, then we need to even out the ground, put down landscape fabric and then the blocks

Vince is volunteering at the fair today. This is the last day of it.

Bye Bey Bette. It was nice knowing you!

Tracey – the dollar store won’t refund your money, they will only exchange one of their items for another item. My grandmother didn’t talk much about her coming to the US. It was probably too painful. I remember as a kid watching Hogan’s Heroes and she wouldn’t even come in the room. Even tho they were making fun of the Nazi’s, she still got upset by it. I do remember her telling me once how she rode a horse & buggy to the boat. It must have been so hard going to a country where you only knew one person, didn’t know the language.

Vince wants to clean the pool filters tomorrow. Then at night I want to go to Lowes to get a new grill. The one we have has a lot of problems. I found out that they will remove the old one for $30. Not sure why Vince was so hesitant. He acknowledged that the one we have has problems

Terri – you sure keep busy. Can’t wait for ceramics to open up again.

Heather – I don’t like to throw out clothes that I don’t like/no long fit me so I donate them. I’m sure you have donation boxes or some such thing

Happy Labor Day everyone who celebrates

Kylia – have fun at the cabin

Carol – I’m sorry someone made a false charge on your card. Yup, they keep the amounts low so that they don’t stand out

Lisa – great “gym”. Can you see the display on the rower as you are rowing? You put your salmon patties in the freezer? I’ve never done that. When you take them out, do you need to thaw them first before you fry them (I would think so)?

Rosemarie – I hope you feel better soon.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie Sorry you caught the Covid! Hope you feel better soon.

Heather hope your illness passes quickly!

Tracey My mom has several Kristen Hannah books. I'm with you, if it's too intense, it has to wait and cool off and tone down a bit.

Today I ate 1233 calories. Fair, but I can do better. I did thirty minutes on my bike, and an hour of yoga, and fifteen minutes of aerobic walking. Yay! I'm hoping to work up to my previous level next week. My deficit today was 303. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options