WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: Β»

Whoever stole my ID must have had a wonderful Labor Day... ;) Even though I had called Visa to have a fraud alert placed on the card, they still were able to spend it up to almost a thousand dollars on 9/4. I called Visa again at 3 AM and went through the hassle all over again. I will be going to my bank today and dispute the charges. This smart a#%s must have realized all the banks were closed on Monday.

Carol in GA

Carol - How are the crooks able to do this? Are they capturing your information in some kind of "reader" placed on/in/near a checkout where you are using your card? I heard of an instance where a "reader" was placed over a card slot at the local filling station and recorded info they could use later, so folks started seeing additional charges on their debit and credit cards.

Such a worry, glad you were able to contact VISA, hope you can successfully dispute the charges with the bank. I really hope cash doesn't disappear. Comes in handy when our cards are temporarily unusable.

Barbie - so sorry to hear about Jake's ankle. Hope he recovers quickly; in the meantime, sounds like you and Bodhi get to do some serious bonding. ;)

Thermometer dropped to 43. Wonder when we'll see the first frost?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    2023 Self-Care September 2023

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate waking up in the morning.
    Meditation: daily. 4/30 0(82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 5/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) 0/8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min 1/20

Rita
    Stop B12
    Switch DHEA to every other day on sept 6
    Kev
    Add folic acid, once a day
    Add magnesium to 3x a day
    Up Berberine to 3x a day

Foods to avoid:

Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5418,4157,6745,7029,6938,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%β€”7465,100%β€”6328,90%β€”6059,87%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 β€”(800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 182/208β€”(733%) should be 172 by October 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)72/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4 (500%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 4/23 (681%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 33/12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12β€”(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(500%)

January Met β€”100%
    February met β€”-90%
    March met met β€”-90%
    April metβ€”β€”86.36%
    May metβ€”β€”-89%
    June metβ€”-99%
    July met β€” met 81%
    August metβ€”met 99%
    September met
    October met β€”
    November metβ€”
    December metβ€”

1. Find time for self-care. It’s not selfish. It’s essential. Making time!
    2. Notice the things you do well, however small. I will. Talking to campers, meeting dogs, electronics.
    3. Let go of self-criticism and speak to yourself kindly. I will try!
    4. Plan a fun or relaxing activity and make time for it. Did this already! Went for a long walk this morning.
    5. Forgive yourself when things go wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. This will be hard because I tend to blame myself for everything.
    6. Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise, and go to bed on time.
    7. Give yourself permission to say β€˜no’..
    8. Be willing to share how you feel and and ask for help when needed.
    9. Aim to be good enough, rather than perfect.
    10. When you find things hard, remember it’s ok to not be ok.
    11. Make time to do something you really enjoy.
    12. Get active outside and give your mind and body a natural boost.
    13. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a loved one.
    14. If you’re busy, allow yourself to pause and take a break.
    15. Find a caring calming phrase to use when you feel low.
    16. Leave positive messages for yourself to see regularly.
    17. No plans day. Make time to slow down and be kind to yourself.
    18. Ask a trusted friends to tell you what strengths they see in you.
    19. Notice what you are feeling without any judgement.
    20. Enjoy photos from a time with happy memories.
    21. Don’t compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside.
    22. Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still.
    23. Let go of other people’s expectations of you.
    24. Accept yourself and remember that your are worthy of love.
    25. Avoid saying β€˜I should’ and make time to do nothing.
    26. Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents.
    27. Free up time by canceling any unnecessary plans.
    28. Choose to see your mistakes as steps to help you learn.
    29. Write down 3 things you appreciate about yourself.
    30. Remind yourself you are enough, just as you are.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    i have covid and was never able to go to the museum and dinner with my son and DIL. I Slept for 4 days and am just feeling a little better now. I read through some of the postings but was too weak to take any notes. Allie I am glad you had a good trip! Thinking of all of you and will be back to posting soon.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

I am sorry you are sick. Hope you continue to get better. Remember, continue to rest a LOT. That was the only thing that helped me when I had it. I did the same thing- just slept, no energy to get out of bed except to use the bathroom and even that was a struggle. It will take a while to get all your energy back- don't rush it.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Heading up to do two merchandising shops- wasn't going to do any more but these two got huge bonuses compared to the first one I did. They are 45 min and 1 hr north of me so I wouldn't do them for less plus it is just 16 miles from mom's. I had planned on seeing her this weekend but she has plans so this will work out- not a very long visit but better than nothing.
    I wish we could stay for the afternoon but dh wants to come home early so we don't get stuck in the traffic. I would prefer staying longer and coming home after the traffic. I asked him if he could set his mom up so we wouldn't have to rush back but he doesn't want to.
    This will be the first time in over an year and a half that he has seen mom. Always uses his mom as an excuse. At first, yes, he had to be there at least twice a day but not anymore.
    I will just enjoy the time I do have with mom and will go up the following weekend.
    This weekend would have been perfect as I won't have daycare girl on Friday- her birthday-her mom has the day off and will be at the school to take cupcakes so she will just pick her up. Would have been nice to have a long weekend with mom. Again, will take what I can get.
    Taking a big bowl of fresh picked raspberries to her this morning. She loves them and mine are coming on again. I will take more next week too(if I can keep the mockingbirds out of them).

Heading over to MIL's to walk her dog then heading up to do the shops. First one is St. Helena then Calistoga. The first one will take about 15-20 min. The second one I am guessing 10 min. at the most. It is a little store and only have one pack of coupon stickers to put on the product. The other is a Safeway and have 4 packs to put on(50 in each).Usually only use half and give half to the dairy manager at the stores.

Ok- he is about ready. The sooner we get done at his mom's, the more time we have with mine.

Have a great day ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,546 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: Β»
    Rebecca ~ Maybe y'all could rent a car for the time your sons visit! I too love homemade soup!

Good New! Went to the bank and they have removed the fraudulent charges. They said I could file a police report to investigate the thief. The downside is that I was given a new account number and must get in touch with SS and Teacher Retirement to have my pay auto deposited. I have probably had the same account for at least 25 yrs.

Carol in GA

Keep saying to yourself, "they didn't get any of my money, this hassle is ok". It will all work out. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’–
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – It isn’t five years since you’ve seen the youngest, is it? I remember him graduating and enlisting! Good grief. It would be seriously awesome to see all the boys at once, even if just for a little while.

Carol – Well done on getting the fraudulent charges removed! The banks have insurance for all that, I’m sure. The change in your account number may well keep it safe for quite some time. Also have much sympathy for the short girl getting in a jeep. I love them, but I have a hard time getting in them.

Barbie - Bodhi could not have found a more perfect placement than with you and Jake. That is one lucky dog.

Rosemarie – I’m so sorry you’ve been ill, though it sounds as if you're doing better. In your honor, as well as the rest who either have had covid or known someone with it lately, like Allie, I wore a mask during my time in town today. I don’t mind being the only one, especially if it keeps me from getting covid.

Betsy - Speaking of covid, Betsy, how is your sister? I hope with all that's going on she didn't end up getting more ill. You've been on my mind of late.

Back from my tests, and was able to get those done, then made it through Walmart for a new hairdryer, Aldi for fresh ground beef and Harps for a few specialty items and then back home. With my gardening this morning, I'm well over 8,000 steps without even trying.

I also got a call from my daughter while I was out running around--or I should say, from my 8-year-old granddaughter, who wanted to know (while in the truck with her mother driving her to school) whether the Tooth Fairy was actually real. She caught her mom trying to hide some money under her pillow, and is one smart little girl. Then she asked if Santa Claus was real--and my only answer was "Well, I do know that those who don't believe, don't receive..." which her mama jumped on like a duck on a June-bug. Not sure how my daughter is going to get around that one, but I'll be interested in the outcome! :smiley:

I genuinely don't remember when I found out that Santa wasn't real, so it couldn't have been too traumatic. I do remember my mother taking our notes to Santa and (after reading them) putting them in the fire to send up to the North Pole in the smoke... but that's it. Do you remember how you found out about Santa? Or what you told your kids?

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR