WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Barbie - How tough on you and Jake (and the pups) Hope he is feeling better soon, or maybe a trip to the Doctor if no improvement in a week or so. the strains/twists can take a long time to feel 100% better.

sending hugs.
    Kim in N Cal

Yes ... my knee that I injured in mid-June is still sore.

• Machka9
    Options
    Woohoo, Pip and Kirby! Being debt-free is a terrific accomplishment! Did you know that you swapped the word "bills" for the word "bikes" in your sentence? You're still thinking about that MS ride, aren't you! :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

She's probably thinking about buying more bicycles. :)

Congrats Pip! Being debt free is great!

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    LOVE that picture of Bea, Heather. What a character she is--she's going to be an absolutely amazing adult.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Pip Congratulations to you and Kirby!

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Tracey Yes, there is a Margaritaville here in Pigeon Forge. Food is good as are the drinks. The atmosphere is fun.

Credit card and identity fraud Always file a police report for identity fraud. The police can't do much but if a crime is committed using your identity it helps to have a report on file. Someone stole mine a few years ago. Tried to open up 4 different credit cards. Luckily one of the companies I deal with notified me immediately. The thieves got nothing but my piece of mind for awhile. Locked down credit reports and reported to banking institutions. They had my social security number. I then had my credit card hacked once. It was a rough year. I do keep a close check on those things now.

Rebecca I love the santa letter! I realized there was no santa around 7 yo. We always caroled as a family on our street and handed out small gifts. Parents drank lots. Gifts not sorted right in stockings. The next year I stayed up and put things right for my brother and sister to keep their joy going a few more years. The joy's of alcoholic parents. My girls were closer to 9 and 11. The youngest figuring it out the year before her sister. My grands about the same age.

Since we are staying in a cabin with stairs I have a goal of 10 flights a day. Yesterday at Anakeesta and the cabin I had 21 flights! There is a tall tower that overlooks Gatlinburg. I will post some pics later. Dh hit 10k steps while we were out and about. I somehow was 2000 less. Walked driveway and ended day at 10, 243. Then put fitbit on charge. Calves a little tender this morning. We found my DH a new hat and me a new leather purse. Where I packed his old hat got it crushed-oops. His new hat is nice.

5. Try not to blame yourself for all things that go wrong.....this is a challenge for me. Work in progress.

Pip and Kirby Congratulations! Debt free is a wonderful feeling!

Not sure of plans today but for now loving the mountains.

Healing thoughts!
    Congratulations!
    Make the best choices you can at the time.

<3
    Kylia soaking in the mountains
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    sju00mdw5th2.jpg
    Tower sign
    vet1icg384ft.jpg
    tower
    vpidgp97bpbm.jpg
    looking through glass floor at top of tower
    qiuebx31oa3e.jpg
    Photo op
    yaq2z5tzuhdp.jpg
    Selfy on way down from Anakeesta

I could visit Anakeesta everyday. The flower beds are wonderful. I love the views from the tower. There is also a treetop walkway with wooden walkways between the tops of the trees. I would love to go at night, but DH would have difficulties seeing when it is dark.

Not logging food, but making mindful choices. Bison burger, no bun, green beans and a few of DH's fries for dinner last night. Had hoped to have room for dessert, but no. Brought it home and had two bites before bed. Hoping the exercising will help with alcoholic beverage calories ;)

PS. I got a senior discount- LOL! 60 is the magic number here!

Just sharing......

Nice photos!

And lucky you with the senior's discount. We don't get that sort of thing here until we're well into our 60s. My husband occasionally gets a discount now.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    Options
    ☘️