☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,219 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Rebecca – It isn’t five years since you’ve seen the youngest, is it? I remember him graduating and enlisting! Good grief. It would be seriously awesome to see all the boys at once, even if just for a little while.

Carol – Well done on getting the fraudulent charges removed! The banks have insurance for all that, I’m sure. The change in your account number may well keep it safe for quite some time. Also have much sympathy for the short girl getting in a jeep. I love them, but I have a hard time getting in them.

Barbie - Bodhi could not have found a more perfect placement than with you and Jake. That is one lucky dog.

Rosemarie – I’m so sorry you’ve been ill, though it sounds as if you're doing better. In your honor, as well as the rest who either have had covid or known someone with it lately, like Allie, I wore a mask during my time in town today. I don’t mind being the only one, especially if it keeps me from getting covid.

Betsy - Speaking of covid, Betsy, how is your sister? I hope with all that's going on she didn't end up getting more ill. You've been on my mind of late.

Back from my tests, and was able to get those done, then made it through Walmart for a new hairdryer, Aldi for fresh ground beef and Harps for a few specialty items and then back home. With my gardening this morning, I'm well over 8,000 steps without even trying.

I also got a call from my daughter while I was out running around--or I should say, from my 8-year-old granddaughter, who wanted to know (while in the truck with her mother driving her to school) whether the Tooth Fairy was actually real. She caught her mom trying to hide some money under her pillow, and is one smart little girl. Then she asked if Santa Claus was real--and my only answer was "Well, I do know that those who don't believe, don't receive..." which her mama jumped on like a duck on a June-bug. Not sure how my daughter is going to get around that one, but I'll be interested in the outcome! :smiley:

I genuinely don't remember when I found out that Santa wasn't real, so it couldn't have been too traumatic. I do remember my mother taking our notes to Santa and (after reading them) putting them in the fire to send up to the North Pole in the smoke... but that's it. Do you remember how you found out about Santa? Or what you told your kids?

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I never believed in Santa. Until I was about 5, I didn't know who Santa was.

Around 8 or 9 I was taught the history of Santa Claus. St Nicholas.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Barbie - How tough on you and Jake (and the pups) Hope he is feeling better soon, or maybe a trip to the Doctor if no improvement in a week or so. the strains/twists can take a long time to feel 100% better.

sending hugs.
    Kim in N Cal
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie -I actually meant spacers that are supposed to help the stretching process. They are a buffed up version of what is used when you get a pedicure. I have to admit I was skeptical but I read some stuff from podiatrists and physical therapists and figured I have nothing to lose trying it. I can only use for 10 or so minutes right now. I got these:

Carol-so glad you got money straightened out.

Rebecca-well our new little girl is due towards the end of November. Oldest son and family are flying here from Arizona close to Christmas. Will stay at hotel in town youngest son lives in and make that home base for a few days. Will be nice to have boys and their families together.

Had an unusual situation at work today that is concerning. Hopefully we get more positive information. Let's just say I continue to be amazed at how people deal with their children.

Need to get trash out to the curb and tidy kitchen.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I love you ladies.

I just watched this interview with Dan Buettner of "The Blue Zones" fame. He talks about the newest blue zone - Singapore, and how their brilliant governance decided to make changes toward helping people become more active, more social. By the way, Okinawa has been dropped from the Blue Zone list - they have adopting the SAD (Standard American Diet) and their health is starting to suffer.

(This might be covered in the Netflix series, I haven't watched it.)

He also emphazised how important it is to have like-minded friends and social contacts who eat healthy, a mostly whole foods diet like the folks in "The Blue Zone" book.

Well, I haven't eaten lunch with any of you (yet), but I have eaten plenty of lunches while reading about the nutritious meals some of you are eating and cooking. I don't walk with you or exercise with you, but I am included in your walks with pictures and descriptions of activities you see while out and about. You ladies know more about me than most folks these days as the pandemic isolation curtailed face to face conversations, but we were able to lean on each other in this group.

All this and lots more.

If you have 43 minutes to listen to the interview, here it is:
    Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    congrats !! PIP and KIRBY :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Yes and on planes to and from.wiped down seat and tray and buckle with lysol wipes
    And when we were on the open air bus same thing.
    Going to the new dr on Thursday, wearing a mask
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,546 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I hope you know how much we appreciate your information, and all your shared experiences as you have made your way through the journey of these last few years. From your chickens to your Subaru, and all the other information you've supplied in between, I learn so much from you, and am so glad you're here with us.

Rebecca - That's just lovely. I just sent the text of it to Kelsey over email, so if she feels Haley really is ready, she can give it to her, I hope you don't mind.
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well kids, I am happy to announce that we are officially debt free! We made the final payment today to pay off the car. Instead of paying the normal monthly payment, he was paying $1000/month. He made the last payment of over $5000 to pay it off. Condo is paid, Bette 4.0 is paid, car is paid, we are done! All we have are the normal monthly bikes like food, utilities, gas, etc!! No more projects to do on the condo for awhile. Exciting

Woohoo, Pip and Kirby! Being debt-free is a terrific accomplishment! Did you know that you swapped the word "bills" for the word "bikes" in your sentence? You're still thinking about that MS ride, aren't you! :smiley:

Good day today... nearly hit 10,000 steps, kept my calories well-within maintenance range and got my lab tests done.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Oh nice👍🏼 That's why I typed it out for you. 💖👍🏼🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,219 Member
    Options
    Carol: I can't believe Visa didn't catch 1,000 being spent on your credit card!

Allie: I hope Dave does okay with the Covid. Good idea wearing a mask in the airport and on the plane! Some one was telling me that she was on a tour with 25 people. 23 of them didn't feel well but didn't want to test before flying home from Europe. So they all got on the plane home. So you can bet there are people on that plane that know they have Covid.

Annie: My husband and I watched Game of Thrones. It was our vice! But the plot was so good! I hated the ending!

Rebecca: These are going to be great days to look forward to..a new grandson and seeing your 2 sons!

I walked to the end of my road today so that is a little improvement. I could still go back to sleep but have slept the past 4 days! It certainly is a virus that makes you tired!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

I was going to say that I can't believe people are being so careless about COVID and being sick in general, but then I remembered that people as a whole are quite self centred.

It does worry me because my husband is on the high risk list too.

M in Oz