Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,583 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    Options
    Still awake at 11:30 at night and im beating myself up because my older phone has sone of the numbers in it ,that didn't transfer over to the new phone.grrrr.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,263 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Those stockings are absolutely wonderful! :D<3 Such creativity, and loving care goes into them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Online shopping-I love it, generally. However, it's more expensive and I hate how the grocery store bags everything in plastic bags. That's something I do not need more of. I also spend less when I do this. If I go in, I pick up this and that because it looks neat, but I don't need it. Then my bill is far more.

However, in times of stress, it's a lifesaver.

Buy time. It's worth it.

For clothes-I tried going to the mall to find them, but the selection is slim, unflattering for me, or never in my size. Sadly, shopping online can also be overwhelming. The good news is that when I feel that getting to me, I just close the website and buy nothing.

Tina in CA

Groceries are the same price here whether we buy them online or go into a store.

And the selection is about the same.

Sometimes they charge a small delivery fee, often they don't.

If I went to a store, I would have to drive which would cost time and money.

Just makes way more sense to save time and money. 😀

So far I have only purchased clothing online from the one department store I mentioned. I have been there in person quite a number of times in the past and have an idea what their clothing is like.

They've got good prices and good sales whether I go in person or shop online.

I got 2 lightweight 3/4 length pyjama bottoms for summer just recently for $7 each. 😀

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Thursday: Oven really seems fixed. Holding temp.
    Machka :love: that “make your own” Christmas letter :laugh:
    Barbie yours to Annie about this new chapter for her parents.
    Rebecca Thanks for the Levi and Athena Christmas pics. Sending me to bed with a smile on my face.
    12/6: Move: ZERO sets PT. , shopping treasures away. Steps:5349
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=2, CI<CO net=634, vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, choose part D. Wt:130.5
    Join date Jan 10, 2008. Took off 20 pounds then stayed stable til this year when the ounces started coming off again ;}
    ‘nother days’ accountability, ‘nother two days catching up, through pg 17.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • Machka9
    Options
    kzcg41lzd8se.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    These are the first three garden beds I hacked up with the mattock and dug out all the weeds.

Now they've got veggies coming up!

vpf2f1exrqay.png
    0pcgdv7aaxws.png

Great job on the garden beds! You will have a harvest before you know it? My sister has garden beds in large galvanized tubs. Some are cinder block ones. She has lots of rabbits, foxes, and nutras. So I know if she didn't have the beds she'd be fighting them. Now I am not positive rabbits don't hop into her tubs now.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Yes!!

If all goes well, we'll get two harvests ... it can often work that way with the long growing season here. :)

We have all sorts of "hoppies" that can get into our gardens - wallabies, pademelons, potoroos, bettongs, bandicoots, possums.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,263 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mother's UTI, Machka. My mother had intense delusions and hallucinations with hers.( My recent one caused me severe depression, but I was never dehydrated.) You would have spotted the signs earlier if you had been nearby, but you weren't, and I was only able to tell my brother what I suspected over the phone, because I didn't live nearby. He was desperate, thinking she had gone mad. I only recognised the symptoms because I had seen it on an episode of ER! :p

The men have been this morning to mend our front side fence, which blew down in a recent storm. John waved at the neighbour, who was looking through a window, and he came out to chat. Turns out that his wife, who we have chatted to many times, is a well-respected ice-skating coach, who has coached famous Olympic gold-medallists!!! We had no idea! She is still working. I must say, she looks very fit and slim for her age. The couple look after her mother, who receives nursing care in her own apartment. They split their time between the two properties. The care they employ must cost an absolute fortune, and they have been doing it for years. The husband gets some respite by going to work on his brother's farm locally.
    Amazing what you don't know about people!
    The fence looks great now. Good job.

John is going to make the stuffing for Christmas today and freeze it. As he had to thaw out chicken livers, I suggested it would be safest to thoroughly cook it today, and just reheat it at Christmas.
    I am also going to have packet Paxo sage and onion, for nostalgia's sake, and because I really like it! >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mother's UTI, Machka. My mother had intense delusions and hallucinations with hers.( My recent one caused me severe depression, but I was never dehydrated.) You would have spotted the signs earlier if you had been nearby, but you weren't, and I was only able to tell my brother what I suspected over the phone, because I didn't live nearby. He was desperate, thinking she had gone mad. I only recognised the symptoms because I had seen it on an episode of ER! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

The "funny" thing was that I was so focused on stroke because of the symptoms I was being told, that I didn't think of UTI. It was my brother who suggested UTI!

He's quite a distance away from me and my parents, but we communicated more over the weekend than we have in a while! We found that we both have kidney stones in common!

My father just seemed confused, and his guess was that she had developed dementia suddenly one morning. :neutral:

In talking to my aunt and uncle who were trying to help, it seems I'm going to have to research the aged care system in Canada and try to get my parents on a waiting list for care.

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Love the stockings! Do you have to sew all the beads on or glue. I just can't imaging all the work you put into them either way. Very creative.

Heather ~ Your silvery ball are beautiful.

Machka ~ Healing thoughts for your mom. I easily drink about two liters (qts) of water a day.

Carol in GA

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Rosemarie - good to hear you do have a reliable cleaner if you need one. It's impressive how much a professional cleaner can get done in just a couple hours. I'm keeping Collette as long as I can afford her and she wants to work. Yes, there's something about a clean house that lifts spirits.

I wonder what's going on with that young gal at the Cat Rescue. She must be in her own world - perhaps she's not intentionally ignoring you but just has a lot on her mind? It's good you don't have to be around her every day. I wonder if some kids these days get so attuned to communicating through their phones and devices they haven't a clue about communicating with people in real life.

Debbie - do you have a big kitchen? Your house must look like a baker's assembly line. :p Good job! I bet everything you make is delicious and will be appreciated. My neighbor Cheryl is like you and posted this photo of cookie & candy trays she'll be delivering to the neighbors today. I'm pretty sure one of them has my name on it. :# I feel more confident that I CAN stash them in the freezer and work on them little by little. Since I've been upping protein, I don't crave sugary treats much anymore. One thing I miss about work is that I'd set goodies like these on the break room table and they'd disappear quickly. Those engineers had a sweet tooth. :p
    x3g3rnumd5v6.png

Lisa - nice job on the bell bottoms - I've seen them back in style in catalogs. Glad the propane tank is hooked up, you'll be all set for whatever winter brings your way. Glad you liked the chicken Christmas tree. <3

Carol - good ole Walmart, better late than never. :) Nice that it's finally resolved and you can return it and get your money back.

Barbara - glad the oven is holding temperature - that's a nice Christmas present right there. :)

Margaret - I read a little more about making the chaffles in a waffle iron. Several people commented to just make that recipe and cook it in a skillet like a pancake. I think that's what I'll do. Maybe make several little ones. I need to pick up almond flour next time I'm at the store.

Machka - thank you for the information about dehydration. Hope your mom is OK and starts drinking more fluids - that has to be scary for you being so far away.

Make it a good day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Walked 1.8 km
    Climbed 20 flights of stairs
    Worked on database
    Worked on last bit of legal stuff

Will need to renew my Canadian passport very soon.

Always lots to do!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Choosing rest and cycling ... mostly. 😀

tp7ddglrm00s.png

M in Oz