Horrible experience in the gym tonight

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I open carry in my gym.

No one's taking my weights when I'm lifting.

i have never heard of anything more ridiculous.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

You're here every day, so I know that's just not true. :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

ROFL.

I'm a french model too. That's not why I'm carrying. ;)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I rip a loud greasy one before I squat.

Keeps ppl from stealing my stuff AND it helps when I have to get tight!!!
  • hddeuce1966
    Options
    last night I walked up to two guys benching.

i waited till one was done his set and asked the one standing how many sets they had left and smiled.

he said one.

I said great, thank you, and stood off to the side.

He wiped down the bench for me when they were done and said all yours and have a good workout.

imagine that.

It works differently when you are female.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    And it *never* happens that a female may sit on a bench texting and ogling guys and not actually working out...

So the guys are there as a group rotating their sets - makes sense, doesn't leave the equipment empty.
    Anyone else, I doubt they'd be offended if you asked (reasonably) to use whichever equipment in question.

If you're embarrassed to ask for the 'girly' :tongue: weight, then you'll have to make do puffing air for reasons other than exertion.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

i waited till one was done his set and asked the one standing how many sets they had left and smiled.

he said one.

He wiped down the bench for me when they were done and said all yours and have a good workout.

imagine that.

bullchit

that's exactly what I do... and I have a vagina.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

he said one.

imagine that.

Ummm... Did you not notice who posted that? I'll give you a hint: it was a woman.
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    3 second rules comes to mind, at the end of the day you are also paying for membership so you have just as much right to be there...I myself will not get intimidated by anyone....I had a couple of episodes at my previous gym with one of the 'pretty boys', basically I just told him to 'do one...'
  • hddeuce1966
    Options
    :devil:
  • beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You just described my gym in the afternoons. You have to go over there (to the guy that's hoarding) and ask him if he's using the dumbbells that very moment and you'd like to switch off in between sets. I highly doubt he would say no. If he did, just take them. Kidding. Sort of. :tongue: You have to step out of your comfort zone and let them realize that you know what you're doing and you have a right to the equipment also. Speaking from experience. They can smell fear. :wink:

Like Bees and Dogs humans can smell fear. Fake your confidence until it becomes real. These people are not going to know you are intimidated if you don't act like it.

FYI a lot of people who hoard equipment like the guy in the corner do not realize they are being jerks. Be nice, smile and ask for what you need.

Also the TV, you can ask the people behind the desk for the remote. Let them know it is too LOUD there is nothing wrong with getting the gym to become more friendly for you and other people (not just women) like you.
  • hddeuce1966
    Options

he said one.

imagine that.

Ummm... Did you not notice who posted that? I'll give you a hint: it was a woman.
    No I didn't. The profile pic has changed since I posted that.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    In my experience, men - especially when engrossed in their own thing and in groups - are less acutely sensitive to unspoken social etiquette / social tensions than women are. That's no criticism of men by the way, I just think you can't expect them to automatically be super conscious of you nervously hanging back when you want something. It's like that thing in relationships where men complain that women expect them to magically 'know' that they need a cuddle or something, asking nicely works nine times out of ten. Try directness, assertiveness, politeness and friendliness and you might just find that the gym no longer feels intimidating.
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They seem pretty rude to me.

I am so glad I had the $ to buy my own gym equipment & set it up in my house, & avoid people like this.

People like that are probably the ones who leave Methicillin Resistant Staph aureus (MRSA) on all the equipment, anyway, uugh.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I am so glad I had the $ to buy my own gym equipment & set it up in my house, & avoid people like this.

People like that are probably the ones who leave Methicillin Resistant Staph aureus (MRSA) on all the equipment, anyway, uugh.

Rude people are more likely to have infections?

I sincerely doubt this.
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I sincerely doubt this.

Re-read: "probably"

The skill of Reading, is something most people wish they had. It may just benefit you in life.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I sincerely doubt this.

The skill of Reading, is something most people wish they had. It may just benefit you in life.

Are you being serious? Really? You're calling me out on reading comprehension for equating "probably" with "more likely"? What exactly do you think "probably" means?

:huh:

The CG (all hail) prohibit me from giving you the response your comment deserves. Instead, I'll just suggest that you heed your own advice. Reading...it isn't just a town in Pennsylvania.

ETA: The irony of your stinging rebuke of my reading comprehension distracted me from the salient point of my previous response. I'll use your choice of words so as not to confuse you any further:

Rude people probably leave infections on the equipment?

I sincerely doubt this.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I sincerely doubt this.

Are you being serious? Really? You're calling me out on reading comprehension for equating "probably" with "more likely"? What exactly do you think "probably" means?

The CG (all hail) prohibit me from giving you the response your comment deserves. Instead, I'll just suggest that you heed your own advice. Reading...it isn't just a town in Pennsylvania.

its a railroad right? amirite?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I sincerely doubt this.

its a railroad right? amirite?

Not only do you get to pass Go, you also get $200!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    78611691av6.jpg