How is it prisoners build muscles on junk no macro watching

Options

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    What I got from this thread is that twelve year olds shouldn't drink.

ETA: ...and that I was wrong for thinking that they all just did the Convict Conditioning program.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Lol! Trust me they ain't no squares going in mama. Lol

They just ate what they liked and lots of commissary and lifted. I'm sure they did eat a lot of protein... But I think what some are missing here is they didn't keep track or discuss it.

Like I said before on here they acted and didn't think about it like we are. They didn't sit around talking about macros! That's the point I'm making. Lol.. They just lifted. They didn't discuss all that.

And one said he ate a lot of cup of noodles, pepperoni, chips and candy, just sweets in general.

But it is what it is. Lol

Actually, that's the part you keep missing. Tracking and discussing ain't a requirement to get yoked just like discussing your future family plans ain't a requirement to get pregnant.

I know that. I think the part that others are missing is that there are plenty of discussions that say track your macros, etc.,, eat more protein, oh looked at your food journal and your lacking this.... and that.... that is what I am saying. It just became stressful to me and what I was trying to accomplish. Im new to this whole macro thing so ofcourse I'm going to be a little confused. So I decided to start this topic to basically vent and whine and moan about how this particular population or at least the ones I know of did this without it tracking and ate like ****. Now I understand that eating like crap is subjective and that's that.

With the new info presented here now I know a little more and understand.

Thanks again everyone!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If your energy requirements are met without it, the vast majority of protein you in take will be used for repair and growth and not used as a fuel source.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    All those sweaty men and no women results in an aura of testosterone, enhancing gains. Science.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    All those sweaty men and no women results in an aura of testosterone, enhancing gains. Science.
    Well, that explains why I started yelling "Lightweight mother****er" and beating my chest like a gorilla in my new gym.
  • charlesjamesiii
    Options
    LOL,
    My boy went in for 3 years and came out 20lbs up with a six pack.
    pullups to failure multiple times a day.
    pushups tell failure and pushups per page.
    aka read a page 10 pushups read a page 10 pushups.
    also creatine is easy to get threw. cake frosting sugar creanine.
    JACK MACK- 3 cans a day with crackhead noodles.
    they know whats up.
    My boy cam out diesel.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I know everyone always knocks prison food, but it is supposed to be balanced and follow a set of food safety standards. I think it's 50% CHO, 20% prot, and 30% fat don't quote me on that though along with any extras they are allowed.

Combine the hours of lifting with 3 square meals a day you get some massive dudes.

Good question BTW.

Great info. SO this is how you get massive dudes? I'm gonna start MCD's Lockup Workup training fat camps in the hills of malibu. It's gonna beat the pants off of both boot camp workouts and prison. B/C on my plan you don't have to wear camo and it's better than prison b/c well...prison. **note my attendees will still be wearing handcuffs for short intervals because. brb location scouting and business banking scouting.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    This is the best answer I've seen to this exact question, courtesy of Elliott Hulse, stength coach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DOM_tMIXIo

Bottom line: we're not prisoners. We don't do what they do, on either the large scale or the smaller scale.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I worked in a prison as a CO. Trust me, all these guys did was eat and work out. We had inmates who were 200-250 pounds of pure muscle, and CO's who were 250-350 pounds of pure fat. Good thing these guys decided to behave 99% of the time.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You can always do it the Kali Muscle way. Tuna and ramen noodles will do the job when you're young. Then, start taking the steroids when you're out of prison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNb6KCok9o
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I worked in a prison as a CO. Trust me, all these guys did was eat and work out. We had inmates who were 200-250 pounds of pure muscle, and CO's who were 250-350 pounds of pure fat. Good thing these guys decided to behave 99% of the time.

How did those guys get enough calories to build muscle?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what makes you think they weren't watching their macros?

Because they are not the type of people who think of fitness like that. Lol

Think of fitness like what? They lifted, they ate, they sat around and didn't expend unnecessary calories. That's pretty much the entire list for getting huge.

occasionally got into a fight or two as well
    just don't drop the soap…bahahahahaha
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I think your definitions of what's healthy and what's not are too rigid. But you do need to clarify your goals so you can determine what the appropriate amount of calories you should eat to get to where you want to be.

Edit: If that is your goal, then you can simply use a TDEE calculator and eat about 20% less than the number given for a month or two while consistently using a digital food scale for everything you eat. As long as you eat below your maintenance, you're going to reduce fat mass. After you drop your body fat percentage, if you aren't satisfied with the shape of your butt, then you can possibly consider doing a bulk to increase muscle to your glutes.

SCREW TDEE!!! I TRIED THAT AND IT DIDN'T WORK.... IT MADE ME GAIN WEIGHT! NOW IJUST COUNT CALS AND I LOSE WEIGHT EVERY WEEK.,

How were you doing TDEE that you didn't count calories?

I tried that and it didn't work. I gained weight. Now I eat 1500 cals a day never mind exercise cals and I lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. even thought my tdee is 1800 ish.

I just looked at your diary for today....36 billion calories..in rum......I iz impressed.

it was a joke I c hanged it

Oh, I am glad you told me otherwise I would have thought it was serious.

oh WOW YOU LOST A WHOLE POUND! iM SO GLAD PEOPLE TAK E WEIGHT LOSS ADVICE FROM YOU

LMFAO...I lost a damn site more than that.. I have bulked since and cut and am now reversing to bulk again.

Maybe you should sober up before you make more of a fool of yourself.

probably

but that's what being drunk means! making a fool of yurslef. better online than in person right!

Ummmm NO….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    oh wow. 1.8 lbs lost what a freaking challenge!!

Hi. If you think you might have a drinking problem, I'd be happy to talk with you and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

What if they have a dbag problem?

dbag AND drinking problem…..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Women have a hard time putting on muscle.

based on this thread, they one thing that they do not have a hard time doing is getting wasted a** drunk!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

based on this thread, they one thing that they do not have a hard time doing is getting wasted a** drunk!

Boy, you were late on this one. She was drunk posting 2? weeks ago. Haven't heard a think from her since. :blushing:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

As far as I know, there are no calorie restrictions in prison. All the starchy crap food you could possibly want, 3 times a day.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Boy, you were late on this one. She was drunk posting 2? weeks ago. Haven't heard a think from her since. :blushing:

LOL story of my life….
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

As far as I know, there are no calorie restrictions in prison. All the starchy crap food you could possibly want, 3 times a day.

Yep, it's a myth that they only get bread and water. I've heard, from a man who has been both in the Army and prison, that prison food tastes like Army food. It's crap until you get used to it, then you gobble it down. Plus snacks and pre-packaged nummy foods are available in the commissary.