Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congraaaaatulations Amy=] You are amazing!!! Keep it up because you are doing so well!!!

Tara and Meag- Thanks for the words of encouragement. It did run through my mind that I lost a bit too much the week before and that maybe my body is telling me to take the weight loss a bit slower! Today has been very good so far and I'm hoping tonight (which is when I always lose focus) I can stay away from snacking too much! Only 5lbs until im at 200 so I'm keeping that in the front of my mind.

Carrying forward that positive frame of mind.... my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD arrived today and I'm so excited to try it out!! It's only 20 minutes long so it'll easily slot into my life=] I'm going to attempt to do it at least 3 times this week along with the 3 swims I'm hoping to get in. At this rate those 3 pesky pounds which won't have crept back on will be history=]

Tara- you're pictures are amazing girl!! You seriously look like a different person!! You're an inspiration!

Meag- Don't worry about the ice cream obsession.... you still lose weight so keep eat up girly!! Congrats on managing to lose even after you're trip. Keep up the running!!!!

:heart: Emmy
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    1) Half Marathon... Still on the fence. Honestly, I have rarely had doubts about my ability to train and reach my goals but ATM I feel like a half is REALLY pushing my limits. I am just not sure my body can run that far and I am worried about registering and then bailing on it because I don't think I can finish in the weeks leading up to the race... This is obviously all mental. I need to psych myself up for it, commit and just get it done. No excuses.

Meag- two questions about the Half- 1) Have you found a training program? 2) When is the last date to register for the race?

~Gonk
    Gonk - Just saw this again and realized I didn't address it - No, haven't chosen a training program yet. Wonder what my options are and what people would recommend? For my 10k I used Hal Higdon, but that's not quite as comprehensive a plan as I would like for Half- training... I will have to "shop around".
    Looks as though I can register as late as mid-May, so I am definitely going to wait a while regardless. I just don't want it to fill up and for me to miss out on the opportunity. The other concern is that I won't have the money or time to make the trip to Ottawa (6 hours from here) on that weekend... But I should be able to work around that since it it important to me.
    Thanks for responding and showing interest, Gonkers :happy: You're the best!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I say this every time that I post, but I really need to do a better job keeping up with this thread. You ladies are just too awesome!!

@Emmy, I agree with Meag, you've accomplished a lot and you should be first and foremost, proud of that! It is likely that the weight fluctuation is your body balancing itself out. None of us are perfect, and you shouldn't be under any pressure to believe that you can't make a mistake every once in a while. I believe in you!! And the fact that you're venting and telling us about Saturday night is a good sign because it shows that you are serious about making this lifestyle change! Cheer up, girlie, and I have confidence that you will get in your swims this week :bigsmile:

@Meag, AMESOME job on staying on track during your trip!!! And everyone's got their Achilles heel of food - I've tried cutting mine out, and it doesn't work for me, so I go with the portion control approach. Don't feel bad about the ice cream, I know you make room for it!

@Amy, woooowoooot! Keep it up, girl!

@Sophie, welcome back :happy: especially after a rough few weeks. We're all here for you because as much as you may have some self-doubt, we don't doubt your ability to kick *kitten* at all!

@Tjradd73, checked out your before and after pics, and :noway: what a difference!! You are beautiful and such an inspiration :flowerforyou:

@Finn, your mindset is admirable! You absolutely need to be your biggest supporter. That's why I'm on this site - it helps me stay accountable to myself, because I find that I'm the easiest person in the world for me to lie to. Down with self-sabotage!! So glad you're feeling better :bigsmile: !!

I'll try to be back later with some updates about myself. Rockclimbing this afternoon! Hoping that my shoulder is up to it. It's been feeling better, but it wasn't exactly happy with me by the end of my pushup sets last night.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Well the reason I ask- and I know this wouldn't be the same at all as having someone do it with you in person- but I'm about halfway thru 10k (I'm using the Hal Higdon too) but if you are going to start training the half in the New year- I could proly keep up with you mostly in a training program. I'm still painfully slow, but I could do (or try to do) the same week's workouts if it would help to have someone traversing it with you. In all honesty, its one of the next steps for me so if synching up our routine a little would help you keep going I'm totally down.

Checked out the Warrior Dash site and if I'm super honest it's a couple of solid steps out of my typical comfort zone...That being said I'm really tempted/intrigued (I've been feeling kind of boring lately) and the boy and I are talking over logistics - mostly getting there as neither of us has a car. But it is being given serious consideration. :drinker:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Well the reason I ask- and I know this wouldn't be the same at all as having someone do it with you in person- but I'm about halfway thru 10k (I'm using the Hal Higdon too) but if you are going to start training the half in the New year- I could proly keep up with you mostly in a training program. I'm still painfully slow, but I could do (or try to do) the same week's workouts if it would help to have someone traversing it with you. In all honesty, its one of the next steps for me so if synching up our routine a little would help you keep going I'm totally down.

Checked out the Warrior Dash site and if I'm super honest it's a couple of solid steps out of my typical comfort zone...That being said I'm really tempted/intrigued (I've been feeling kind of boring lately) and the boy and I are talking over logistics - mostly getting there as neither of us has a car. But it is being given serious consideration. :drinker:

WRT the Warrior Dash - It's like 6-7 months away, so logistics can be sorted out if you are really interested. We live a good 6-7 hours away and are hoping to drive down for the weekend, but cost and lodging is a complete unknown right now... We'll just figure it out eventually! It's totally out of my comfort zone too... As pathetic as it is to admit, I hate being dirty! hahah I am a neurotic hand-washer and crawling through mud sounds incredibly unpleasant, but I think that if I just run with it I could have loads of fun and it would be a blast to do with the boy :bigsmile: It would be great to arrange for a meet up and race together if we could in the new year. It would be amazing to do something crazy and fun like that with one of my best girls from MFP! :drinker:

If you are interested in training for a half starting in Jan, I would TOTALLY love to follow the same program as you! Even if we aren't at exactly the same pace it won't really matter. Just following the same program and keeping each other on track will be super motivating. I would definitely be down for that! We should check out what is available and figure something out for January... I'll do some research this week and we can discuss! Lots of time to come up with something. So exciting :bigsmile:

-Meag
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    To January then! We can def look at a bunch of training programs- like I said, I should be through 10k by mid-december so January is perfect. Any of our vets have suggestions?

I am thinking I will try the Warrior Dash, but again, as so much of my ability to do it will depend on the boy (who despite his obvious to me reticence is trying REALLY hard to be enthusiastic and encourage me to do it) concrete decisions will have to wait until his semester is through and we can really take time to look at what it will cost and who's transport we can borrow(/how much it will cost to rent). But I feel like I am leaning toward like 65% yes right now, maybe more.

Peace.
    ~Gonk
  • seripha
    Options
    I'd like to get involved but it's almost half way through november. Can I still get involved?
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Rachel - great job with logging your food!! I try to still log my food when I know that I have gone over my calories so that I am still being honest with myself and keeping myself accountable. I just need to get better about logging my food on the weekends. I do much better when its just my kids and I because then I am deciding what we will be eating!

Sophie - Welcome Back!! Sounds like you should have come back sooner though. Don't beat yourself up and anytime you start feeling like that, you should definitely log into MFP and let us know what you are thinking and feeling. If no one else will tell you what you need to hear, you should know that all of the ladies in this thread will have your back!!

Emmy - don't beat yourself up!! We all have good days and bad days!! Some are more frequent than others but its how we choose to learn from them that matters. This week should be great for you!! Have fun with your 30 day shred and swimming!

Amy - great job on the weight loss!! Sounds like you are definitely on track to meet your November goal!!

And Meag and Tara - saw your before and after pics!! Grea job ladies!! You added more fuel to my fire of inspiration and motivation. I am determined this week. I am going to sit down during my lunchbreak and plan out a meal plan for my kids and I this week. I am going to do this and NO ONE is gonna stop me!!

Happy Monday ladies and Happy Losing!! :heart:
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    seripha: No prob- just come up with some goals for november- pop your name at the bottom of the list below and then just come back and update us on how you're doing. We'll surely do something for Dec too, so it's fine to just have 1/2 way goals. In fact, since it's the mid month- I'm going to update my goals as well. You can ignore the quotes, it's just so I can highlight my changes.

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Orig 157 was my goal, but adjusting after hitting 158 last week.
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 155 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.- OMG down 7lbs in the first week of November! What the hell!!!hahaha! Only 3lbs to go before I'm 199lbs=]
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D -- MET! Chip time: 49:47.4
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -1.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190..now 188.5!
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
    AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
    trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
    francesstewart1 - lose 3lbs (and join the Dec challenge!)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I'd like to get involved but it's almost half way through november. Can I still get involved?
    Of course! Copy and paste the goals list and add yours to the end, then just keep us updated on your progress, and post any questions or advice or anything else that you want to get off your chest!! It's a totally open forum. We post about anything and everything and the group is incredibly supportive! It's great to have new folks join in :happy: Welcome!
  • seripha
    Options
    Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.- OMG down 7lbs in the first week of November! What the hell!!!hahaha! Only 3lbs to go before I'm 199lbs=]
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D -- MET! Chip time: 49:47.4
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -1.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190..now 188.5!
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
    AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
    trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
    francesstewart1 - lose 3lbs (and join the Dec challenge!)
    seripha - To have an entire week where I eat well and within my calories bounds + exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 x a week.

I just did a blog post on eating badly on the weekends. Does anyone have any suggestions of good ways to enjoy your weekend but still keep on track?
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    I plan lots of activity with the boy- we get in a lot of walking both days either by going between apts or we'll just go for a stroll after a meal just for the heck of it. I also usually reserve 1 workout for the weekend. Both methods are good for having extra cals to play wtih.

But the best answer is just the same as during the week. Keep your non "fun"/splurge meals sensible. I still eat my same kinds of breakfasts and lunches with lighter snacks if we plan dinner. Or if I get up and he's all "I want breakfast" we do that and I lighten dinner a bit. A good part of it is that the boy pitches in by not egging me on to regular indulgent meals, but part of it is just as simple as keeping some semblance of the kind of structure that makes weekdays so much easier.
  • tai_88
    tai_88 Posts: 23
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

Let me tell you my living room is lit up and FULL of glittery objects. I had a great time decorating this weekend.... just the motivation I need. Though it's been 2 days and I am still finding glitter on me...

I need some advice from you guys. I understand that losing weight is difficult. I know it doesnt happen over night. But I'm starting to wonder if I am not eating enough and sabotaging myself in the process. I've been reading a lot of different forums of people who arent losing weight and the general consenus is that they arent eating enough calories. I do my 200-400 cal of cardio 3-4 per week. I'm eating 1200-1500 cal depending on whether i have exercise cals.

I've only lost 0.6 in the last 3 weeks. It's a little frustrating and I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing! I lost 0.5in from my stomach and hips within the last week so i guess thats something. Honestly, I'm ok with not going on the scale. plus there isn't one in my house so I only weigh myself when I'm at the gym. I feel good about myself being healthier so its not that I'm freaking out about no loss. My main concern is that I'm making the right changes. Thoughts?
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @meagalayne: i think it is disappointing for friend(s) to not support you on this journey and to even criticize you or put you down for it. perhaps it is some misconception on their part, but it could also be due to some other more deep-seated problems that they have with themselves. jealousy or perhaps they wish they could be doing the same with their lives but they are choosing inaction, and to make themselves feel better, they're putting you down because they see you making effort and progress in your life. perhaps with more convincing, they'll choose to understand but if not, there's not much you can do! just never feel bad about you choosing to make your life better and happier!

@seripha: welcome!

@emmyworthy: tell us how those shred DVDs are! you can find time to do them right before you shower or before/after your favorite tv shows. don't feel too bad about your drunken mistakes.. hehe it happens to the best of us. time to get back on the wagon (i should speak for myself..)!

@rai8759: logging everything you ate is a good step : ) good job!

@sophieg77: i think it's important to maintain a steady pace that you are able to keep up in the long run. we are not going for extreme dieting or extreme exercising here, but to make realistic lifestyle changes such that we can lose weight and keep it off in the long run! don't burn yourself out!

i'm a little discouraged because i gained back 4 lbs that i lost due to being sick and not watching what i eat during this period. i've not gotten any better, started sneezing a lot actually. and when the sneezes don't come, my eyes start crying. i'm a pretty sight right now!

also, is it a bad idea to get back into boot camp while i am still sick or should i wait to recover?
  • tai_88
    tai_88 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have changed my mindset so I dont think "I'm restricting my food". Like Meag said earlier, I eat what I want when I want it. Just now I'm less likely to put 600cals towards a Big Mac.

I really try to plan my meals out. I like to know what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it; then I'm less likely to snack in between meals. It also helps me to stop my emotional eating (eat some chips when I'm bored etc.). That in turn, gives me more calories to put towards something I normally wouldn't eat throughout the week (ice cream etc)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Tai - remember that muscle weighs more than fat. So if you are working out on a regular basis, you will be gaining muscle mass. You should measure your success on how your clothes feel on you. Are they feeling just a little more comfortable and not as tight? And you said you've lost inches so that is a success right there. I meant to take my measurements this weekend but got busy. Hopefully tonight when I get home I will be able to cause the kids will already be in bed and asleep. Don't let yourself think negatively. Bad days will come and go but if we choose to learn from them rather than let them hinder us, we will come out stronger!! I wish you the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Tai - I just looked over the last week or 2 of you diary and it's very possible you aren't eating enough. Looks like you are eating mostly really healthy, fresh foods and only occasionally indulging in processed stuff, which is great. What do you have your goal settings at? Looks like you have changed the carb/protein/fat allotments and your calorie goal is at the absolute lowest it can go, basically. As much as you may be working out, you should still be able to lose fat if you are eating right and burning calories, so you just have to figure out what works best for you. 1200 calories is an absolute minimum to consume though - make sure you are always eating at least 1200 + any exercise calories you earn. If what you are doing right now isnt' working - change things up. Have some days where you eat around 1200-1300 and others where you eat 1500-1600, change your workouts if you need, drink lots of water, and keep working hard :wink: You'll figure it out!

lola - thanks for the kind response :smile: I am definitely not letting it discourage me. More than anything it's just very disappointing that people who are supposed to love and care about me can be so completely wrong about how I am living my life. And obviously are making no attempt to understand the changes I've made and how positively they are affecting me. I am so much happier than I have ever been and it seems like she may actually resent that. It's sad, but that's how these things go I guess. Perhaps it's just time to move on :ohwell:

seripha - find fun and interesting ways to exercise, like Gonks suggests! this is something I always try to do, though its getting harder as the weather is getting worse. during the warmer months we always tried to walk or hike every weekend to keep active. try to fit in a morning workout if you can, and don't deviate too much from your week-day routine. If you have a healthy, filling breakfast every day you may as well do the same on the weekend. I find the hardest part about weekends is being home + near the fridge all day long -- so try to distance yourself and avoid binging. It looks like you may need to work on having healthy snacks more often so you don't over-do things at dinner... Set a goal for yourself to snack every 3 hours on the weekend and make it a priority. Make sure you log your food and keep yourself accountable. Remember: You are doing this for you! :happy: Good luck!

Ran 3.3 miles today, slow and somewhat steady. No complaints. Managed 48 push-ups today and it nearly killed me. The push-up challenge is REALLY, well, challenging! hehe

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

-Meag:heart:
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So proud of myself...we are having a bake sale at school tomorrow to help one of our families who just went through a terrible tragedy. I made 2 dozen cookies, a pan of brownies, and some cupcakes and I was not even tempted to lick the spatula!!!!! Now that is some self-control!!!! They do smell DELISH!!!!!

@Meag...I actually found the chicken lime tacos on a crockpot thread on MFP...THEY WERE YUMMY!!!!

@Emmy...I LOVE LOVE LOVE 30 day Shred...am actually doing it tonight on my off running night!!!!

@ Meag and Gonks...If you are going to start training for a half I would love to join you for the support and motivation! My farthest has only been about 6 1/2 miles BUT I'm always willing to step it up...Don't know about the Warrior Dash though...I may cheer you on from Detroit!

Good luck everyone!!!! Off to make lunches and finish up dishes from dinner!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    @Meag...just looked up the thread: what is you FAV SLOW COOKER recipe...

LOTS of good recipes on there everyone!!!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Seripha-welcome to the challenge!!

Stuart, emmy, and guam-thanks ladies!!

tai-keep your head up! who knows what the next 2 weeks will bring...stay focused :)

lola-sorry girl...feel better!

wardie-thanks! i was looking for some new slow cooker recipes!!

great job everyone!!! 2 weeks left!! woohoo!!