Why is MFP so mean??

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I love the way rude, mean people justify their behaviors. There is no justifiable reason why you have to be rude and mean, in my opinion.

*holds up a mirror for you*

This comment only proves my point.

Your point has been proven wrong multiple times... but it's Friday so :flowerforyou:

The pose has dissented on the post to prove hour rude they can be :)

posse.jpg
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I leave for 24 hours and look at what happens!!! Sheesh!

FYI: I refuse to fart rainbows and glitter just so I don't offend an MFP'er with a stupid plan for weight loss, or any other stupid comment for that matter. If you comment that you want to wrap your body in plastic to lose belly fat, I will fart approximately 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane and 4 percent oxygen right on your stupid comment. Not glitter and rainbows. Because... Science.

I don't give a hot damn if you don't like it. You're grown. Act like it.

Unicorn-rainbow-butt.gif

Best. Gif. EVER. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I do not need any MEAN help to lose weight. It is not appreciated and therefore stop saying you are helping us, you are NOT!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    theres got to be some sort of Kumbaya, camp fire gif to smooth this over...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I do not need any MEAN help to lose weight. It is not appreciated and therefore stop saying you are helping us, you are NOT!

If you hate everyone so much, then why do you bother posting at all?
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This has been an amusing thread. I just wanted to chime in to say that I have many of the "meanies" on my friends list. I happen to like logic, science, sarcasm, snark, and gifs. Oh and ice cream. :) By the way, most of those "meanies" are some of the sweetest, most genuinely caring, and are often quite vulnerable people themselves. They are struggling with the same things that the rest of the world is struggling with - weight loss related challenges and real life challenges too.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that if you start out as a lurker as I did , and just sit back and read the original posts and the responses that they provoke, you start to notice something. The original posters are usually relatively new. There are lots of them, from all walks of life. The topics they are posting on, are nothing new though. There is a lot of redundancy in the topics - sugar is evil, cleanses are great, whatever I saw on Dr Oz is finally going to be what I need to lose this weight once and for all.

Then you start to notice that the same people are responding, and they are saying the same thing, (usually delivered in a fairly neutral manner the first time) over and over again, in every thread. When you say the same thing again and again, and the message doesn't get through, of course your tone is going to change. Doesn't that happen in real life? When I start out telling my kids to pick up their toys, and they don't listen, and I repeat myself, after a few times, my tone and my actions are going to change. Eventually the kids do it, but by the time they do, I am exhausted and frustrated. Doesn't mean that tomorrow night, I am immediately going to scream at them and put them in time out if there are toys on the floor. I will start again with a nice tone, but maybe I get frustrated a little more quickly and have a little less patience. My tone may change more quickly.

Now - I await parenting advice, because lord knows I'm not going over to BabyCenter - those b**ches be brutal over there.

I totally get where your coming from. I understand that many people are sick of saying the same thing over and over...life is stressful. I understand. These aren't their personal kids though - these are adult strangers with genuine questions. Noobs haven't heard the information the hundred times its been said before.

Why do they answer a question if is stupid or if makes them angry and they're tired of answering it? No one is holding a gun to their head making them answer noob-ish questions. Let someone else do it.

Or better yet if someone feels compelled to answer every single time, why not write thoughtful well documented stuff 1x and save it in a word doc. Just copy-paste in the information you wrote previously and eliminate the work or whatever is stressful about saying the same thing over and over? Or just say "Here's a sticky about that" and move on?

I just don't understand why its OK for a old timer be angry at someone new. We're all human right?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I love the way rude, mean people justify their behaviors. There is no justifiable reason why you have to be rude and mean, in my opinion.

How so? Why is it ok for you to call people mean and rude?

you've been here since 2010 and you can still stomach these arguments? lol

My point is that it is NEVER ok to be rude and mean. It you are one of those people, then you need to think about what you are doing. You should give your opinion without been rude and condescending.

I think telling other people how to behave online is rude and condescending.

You are one of these condescending, know it all type of people that does not get it. You quoted my comment and started to attack me, because it makes you feel better to be MEAN.

It's pretty mean to call someone "condescending, know it all type of people that does not get it."

Dare I say it sounds like a personal attack.

And I'm not friends with the person you called this. Just in case you tell me I'm a posse person. I'm just calling it like I see it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    meh+1.gif

Exhausted.gif

exhausted.gif

2175_3680.gif

769571.gif

yawning-sloth.gif

arielsigh.gif

tumblr_inline_nbnj5xuTA81qbwnsi.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

How so? Why is it ok for you to call people mean and rude?

you've been here since 2010 and you can still stomach these arguments? lol

My point is that it is NEVER ok to be rude and mean. It you are one of those people, then you need to think about what you are doing. You should give your opinion without been rude and condescending.

I think telling other people how to behave online is rude and condescending.

You are one of these condescending, know it all type of people that does not get it. You quoted my comment and started to attack me, because it makes you feel better to be MEAN.

It's funny...whenever anyone responds to you with a different opinion you cry attack.

Please, learn what an attack really is?

(FYI this isn't one either...just stating facts here...)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Psst. Let me tell you a secret:

There is a drop-down menu under everyone's names that has this nifty "ignore user" feature. A little less stress = more weight loss. Win/win!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Why did you come in here post on a topic that hadn't been active for a couple hours, to moan about people being mean when you are the only mean person here at the moment.

Go back to eating your 800 calorie diet telling everyone how healthy it is... you might want to find the pringle lady you two would get along well.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    how about barney? there has to be a barney one floating around
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    doing my part to reach 500 posts
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This has been an amusing thread. I just wanted to chime in to say that I have many of the "meanies" on my friends list. I happen to like logic, science, sarcasm, snark, and gifs. Oh and ice cream. :) By the way, most of those "meanies" are some of the sweetest, most genuinely caring, and are often quite vulnerable people themselves. They are struggling with the same things that the rest of the world is struggling with - weight loss related challenges and real life challenges too.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that if you start out as a lurker as I did , and just sit back and read the original posts and the responses that they provoke, you start to notice something. The original posters are usually relatively new. There are lots of them, from all walks of life. The topics they are posting on, are nothing new though. There is a lot of redundancy in the topics - sugar is evil, cleanses are great, whatever I saw on Dr Oz is finally going to be what I need to lose this weight once and for all.

Then you start to notice that the same people are responding, and they are saying the same thing, (usually delivered in a fairly neutral manner the first time) over and over again, in every thread. When you say the same thing again and again, and the message doesn't get through, of course your tone is going to change. Doesn't that happen in real life? When I start out telling my kids to pick up their toys, and they don't listen, and I repeat myself, after a few times, my tone and my actions are going to change. Eventually the kids do it, but by the time they do, I am exhausted and frustrated. Doesn't mean that tomorrow night, I am immediately going to scream at them and put them in time out if there are toys on the floor. I will start again with a nice tone, but maybe I get frustrated a little more quickly and have a little less patience. My tone may change more quickly.

Now - I await parenting advice, because lord knows I'm not going over to BabyCenter - those b**ches be brutal over there.

I totally get where your coming from. I understand that many people are sick of saying the same thing over and over...life is stressful. I understand. These aren't their personal kids though - these are adult strangers with genuine questions. Noobs haven't heard the information the hundred times its been said before.

Why do they answer a question if is stupid or if makes them angry and they're tired of answering it? No one is holding a gun to their head making them answer noob-ish questions. Let someone else do it.

Or better yet if someone feels compelled to answer every single time, why not write thoughtful well documented stuff 1x and save it in a word doc. Just copy-paste in the information you wrote previously and eliminate the work or whatever is stressful about saying the same thing over and over? Or just say "Here's a sticky about that" and move on?

I just don't understand why its OK for a old timer be angry at someone new. We're all human right?

You know what, I do have advice that I copy and paste and a list of links I use when the same questions are asked over and over again. I've been called mean for using links. I've been called mean for copy and pasting advice. I'm not even joking.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Can you please differentiate between "mean" help and "nice" help? Because, in the end...it's all still help. The message is still useful regardless of its wording. Whether you decide to take offence to how a message is delivered is entirely up to you, and no one's fault but your own.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Let's all sing. I'll start us off.

Kumbayaaaaaa mah looord

dumpster-fire_medium_zps0b34dd1d.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtRCze1aKwHRy-FtnMDhme-UJXlv6aWoFF9K6Q2FGEI29-yJiK
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

The pose has dissented on the post to prove hour rude they can be :)

4068359-3952792185-M3Gq3.jpg
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

that'll do
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

gif-cats-candle-1390556.gif