Fabulous Flab Fighters

Options

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi everyone: First of all, way to go Yolie, I could feel your excitement when I read your post. Also, I agree with the sticking to the cardio challenge. And congrats Chrissy for your control.

It's a new day. Everyone got some great plans for this week? I've had a good weekend. Had a date night with my hubby on Saturday, had a nice little visit with my sister and her family yesterday, and finally went to the doctor about my sinus problems. Nothing like a couple of embarrassing nose bleeds to make you take action. I'm on a strong antibiotic now which I take once a day for 15 days. Hoping that will work so I can get back to the gym. My week of eating and such really wasn't as controlled as it should have been but I did make a point of doing at least 20 minutes of some kind of exercise every day (which really was strenuous with the sinus thing going on) and it seems to have helped. Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down a bit.

Well I'm off to get things tidied up here, I've got a guy coming over to install some contraption so I will now have high speed wireless internet ... unlimited ... woo hoo!! I'll pop back on later.

26933.gif
  • blueeyes87
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! :flowerforyou:
    Finally back online, I dont have internet at home, living in the country is good and bad at the same time. :smile: Just went on the website, I love it!! And I am ready for the challenge. Hope everyone has a great week!! :love:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What website do y'all keep talking about? Did I miss something?
  • magglett
    Options
    What website do y'all keep talking about? Did I miss something?

Our website Yolie ... you can find it at ....

http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Yolie - Congrats, great loss

Chrissy - Another weekend in control is GREAT!!! So proud and jealous of you!

Mags - Great job on the cardio!

I haven't had time to catch up on everything. My big guy turned 6 this weekend and I was busy, busy...ate horrible but am back in control this mroning and am hoping to maintain this week! (well actually lose what I gained this weekend to equal a maintain!)
    I am up for the cardio challenge!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    oh ok, i tried adding my info but it wouldn't let me

high weight- 168.5
    last week- 138
    this week- 136.5

mother's day goal- 125
    date started- originally June 2009 but my weight loss "started over" June 2010 after the birth of my daughter so you can use either one :happy:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I spent most of the weekend in bed, not really sick just really tired. Every now and then I have to sleep for a couple of days. There is a name for it but I can`t recall off the top of my head. Anyway, didn`t get enough calories in but am feeling mostly back to normal today and will try to get them in.

It helped my weight loss but not in a good way since I will probably stay the same over the next few days or fluctuate over the next week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • jennamurph
    jennamurph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE, love, love the name... I'm new here - but I am SO in!! :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Hello all!

I spent most of the weekend in bed, not really sick just really tired. Every now and then I have to sleep for a couple of days. There is a name for it but I can`t recall off the top of my head. Anyway, didn`t get enough calories in but am feeling mostly back to normal today and will try to get them in.

It helped my weight loss but not in a good way since I will probably stay the same over the next few days or fluctuate over the next week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
    Datenshi

Glad your feeling back to normal but sorry about your weekend!!! Hugs to you!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    SO I went and got a gym membership tonight. i haven't gone to the gym in about 2 years I usually just use my elliptical and occasionally do a DVD. Well let me tell you, I am pumped. The treadmill is amazing there is an IPod dock that when I put mine in it made everything appear on the huge screen on the treadmill so i did not have to fumble to change songs etc. Plus it took me a bit to realize it picked up my heart rate monitor, so I could see my accurate heart rate and calorie burn being sent to the machine from my watch. It also I can hook it up to the nike running program and it will automatically record it through my IPod. It was the coolest thing ever. The bikes pick up my HRM too but no IPod dock or fancy screen.

I am pretty pumped. Back to spinning for me and I will join Zumba when the next registration comes around. I needed a little change for added motivation, plus my kids are going as well so my 13 &18 year old went with me tonight. We did not really chat since we worked out but it was still a bonding experience! :laugh:
  • magglett
    Options
    SO I went and got a gym membership tonight. i haven't gone to the gym in about 2 years I usually just use my elliptical and occasionally do a DVD. Well let me tell you, I am pumped. The treadmill is amazing there is an IPod dock that when I put mine in it made everything appear on the huge screen on the treadmill so i did not have to fumble to change songs etc. Plus it took me a bit to realize it picked up my heart rate monitor, so I could see my accurate heart rate and calorie burn being sent to the machine from my watch. It also I can hook it up to the nike running program and it will automatically record it through my IPod. It was the coolest thing ever. The bikes pick up my HRM too but no IPod dock or fancy screen.

I am pretty pumped. Back to spinning for me and I will join Zumba when the next registration comes around. I needed a little change for added motivation, plus my kids are going as well so my 13 &18 year old went with me tonight. We did not really chat since we worked out but it was still a bonding experience! :laugh:

I can feel your excitement in your post. That's great that you went out and found some new form of motivation. I love the description of the treadmill. I've started dropping hints about wanting one here in my house ... a good one with the screen and everything for next winter season.
  • Nessarose1
    Nessarose1 Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Thats awesome Momto!

Yolie- I'll add your info in when I get a chance! Great weigh in!

Magg- Hope the antibiotics work fast so you can get back into it!

Datenshi- I feel like I could use a couple days sleep! Winter is kicking my butt this year.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Momto-that's awesome. Enjoy it.

Datenshi-feel better!!! That's an order.

Magg-I really hope we get a treadmill in March....bonus time.

Stayed in calories again yesterday even feeling yucky (TOM) and super sore hips from my hill workout on Sat...hips feel some better today. Only walked for cardio yesterday-took it easy but still got out and moved. Rainy day today...DVD day.
  • Nessarose1
    Options
    I'm setting up this weeks ss right now.

I'm so lazy and out of it. :ohwell:
  • Nessarose1
    Options
    oh ok, i tried adding my info but it wouldn't let me

high weight- 168.5
    last week- 138
    this week- 136.5

mother's day goal- 125
    date started- originally June 2009 but my weight loss "started over" June 2010 after the birth of my daughter so you can use either one :happy:

Since you weigh in on Sat's I'm going to add you to this weeks ss instead of last weeks. Is that ok?
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    So I just plugged in my IPod to sync with my computer and it asked if I wanted to send my run information to Nike. I said sure(I had to set up an account) but then presto my info from the treadmill was up. What time of night I started my "run", how long, how many kilometres. Crazy!! So exciting... That could ba addictive. I thought I was joining for classes but I love that machine.

Maggs- I totally recommend having a machine in house, I would not be where I am if I could not start at home while obese and work up my confidence. This machine I think would cost a small fortune although I am just guessing. It is made by Star Trac you should check this mama out. Maybe I am too easily impressed but it is the fanciest equipment I have ever used and I I have tried almost every gym around I think.

Datenshi- Hope you are feeling better.

Chrissy- Boo to sore hips and TOM, but yay you for tackling the DVD and behaving yourself food wise.
  • Nessarose1
    Options
    Wow Momto! That sounds awesome!! I wonder if ours do that at our gym. I vaguely remember the guy telling us about it. :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    That's really cool. I've thought about the Nike stuff but I run in Mizunos most of the time and I wouldn't have the sensor in my shoe-maybe there's a holder for it?!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    I've been wanting a treadmill forever! You guys are not helping! LOL We bought our big piece of equipment when I was pregnant with my son, so I agreed to the elliptical but I LOVE treadmills! I find running (at least the getting started portion) much easier on the treadmill.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I just did dvd, Biggest Loser Last Chance Upper and Lower body workouts---I am shaking! Nice work (patting myself on the back!)

I told DH tonight I want a treadmill in March!