5'2'' women !! (the short ladies!!)

Options

Replies

• Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think you look thinner than you claim. What kind of workouts do you do? You have great muscles!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 110-112 with 14% BF. It's not too low depending on your build. With my muscle build people definitely don't think I weigh that low.
    But wouldn't more muscle make you look slimmer than you weigh?

On some maybe but if you have muscular legs and shoulders as in my case I look a little fuller. Besides people hear a certain weight number and automatically think different things. I don't care though; I'm happy with me not what others think.

^^^
    THIS!! It sounds like you have a great attitude about all this. I know I look heavier than I am because of having bigger thighs and hips. I am fine with that, but really really need to tone up and change that jiggle to muscle! What type of exercises and lifts do you do? You look amazing!

Thank you!!! I currently lift 3 times a week with a split routine; I hit upper body twice and legs only once. Tried to hit legs twice but it hurts my running. I do basic compound lifts like pull ups, rows, bench press etc. I do HIIT cardio for 25 mins twice a week and when I am free per my physical therapist I will run again 2-3 times a week. This is what I do right now, with the exception of legs each routine is about 30 mins long.

Upper Body A (Back Concentration)

Military Push Ups-3 Sets to failure but with proper form.
    2 Arm Bent Over Barbell Row 4 x 6-8
    Cable Crossovers or Chest Flys 3 x 8-10
    Reverse Close Grip Lat Pull down 4 x 6-8
    Side Lateral Raise w/Dumbbell 3 x 10
    DB Alternating Curls 3 x 8 Super set with 21 curls x 3 sets
    Tricep Rope Extension 3 x 8

Upper Body B (Shoulder Concentration)

Pull Ups 3 x 8
    Barbell Shoulder Press 4 x 6-8
    Seated Row 3 x 6-8
    EZ Bar Front Shoulder Raise 4 x 6-8
    Bench Press 3 x 6-8
    EZ Bar Bicep Curl 3 x 8
    Skull Crushers w/EZ Bar 3 x 8-10 super set with Body Weight Tricep Dips 3 x Reps to failure.

Lower Body A-Alternate A and B weekly

Cable Dead lift 3 x 8-10 super set with Mountain Climbers 3 x 20
    Squat 3 x 6-8
    Split Squat w/Bar 3 x 6-8
    Lying Leg Curls 3 x 6-8
    Seated Calf Raise 3 x 10

Lower Body B
    Leg Press 4 x 6-8
    Straight Leg Dead lift super set w/Sumo squat 3 x 8-10
    Seated Leg Curl 3 x 6-8
    Hip Adduction super set with abduction 3 x 10
    Standing Calf Raises 4 x 10

I am currently rehabing my knee so I can't do standard deadlifts so I use the cable method. :( I move quickly and rest for 60 secs max between sets.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    5' 1" here and aiming for 150. Still overweight I know, but the last time I ever looked in the mirror and thought "Damn I look good!" was when I weighed that much.
  • sc0418
    sc0418 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 110-112 with 14% BF. It's not too low depending on your build. With my muscle build people definitely don't think I weigh that low.
    But wouldn't more muscle make you look slimmer than you weigh?

On some maybe but if you have muscular legs and shoulders as in my case I look a little fuller. Besides people hear a certain weight number and automatically think different things. I don't care though; I'm happy with me not what others think.

^^^
    THIS!! It sounds like you have a great attitude about all this. I know I look heavier than I am because of having bigger thighs and hips. I am fine with that, but really really need to tone up and change that jiggle to muscle! What type of exercises and lifts do you do? You look amazing!

Thank you!!! I currently lift 3 times a week with a split routine; I hit upper body twice and legs only once. Tried to hit legs twice but it hurts my running. I do basic compound lifts like pull ups, rows, bench press etc. I do HIIT cardio for 25 mins twice a week and when I am free per my physical therapist I will run again 2-3 times a week. This is what I do right now, with the exception of legs each routine is about 30 mins long.

Upper Body A (Back Concentration)

Military Push Ups-3 Sets to failure but with proper form.
    2 Arm Bent Over Barbell Row 4 x 6-8
    Cable Crossovers or Chest Flys 3 x 8-10
    Reverse Close Grip Lat Pull down 4 x 6-8
    Side Lateral Raise w/Dumbbell 3 x 10
    DB Alternating Curls 3 x 8 Super set with 21 curls x 3 sets
    Tricep Rope Extension 3 x 8

Upper Body B (Shoulder Concentration)

Pull Ups 3 x 8
    Barbell Shoulder Press 4 x 6-8
    Seated Row 3 x 6-8
    EZ Bar Front Shoulder Raise 4 x 6-8
    Bench Press 3 x 6-8
    EZ Bar Bicep Curl 3 x 8
    Skull Crushers w/EZ Bar 3 x 8-10 super set with Body Weight Tricep Dips 3 x Reps to failure.

Lower Body A-Alternate A and B weekly

Cable Dead lift 3 x 8-10 super set with Mountain Climbers 3 x 20
    Squat 3 x 6-8
    Split Squat w/Bar 3 x 6-8
    Lying Leg Curls 3 x 6-8
    Seated Calf Raise 3 x 10

Lower Body B
    Leg Press 4 x 6-8
    Straight Leg Dead lift super set w/Sumo squat 3 x 8-10
    Seated Leg Curl 3 x 6-8
    Hip Adduction super set with abduction 3 x 10
    Standing Calf Raises 4 x 10

I am currently rehabing my knee so I can't do standard deadlifts so I use the cable method. :( I move quickly and rest for 60 secs max between sets.

Thanks! That's a great workout routine. I will have to change out some of my normal stuff and incorporate some of yours for a change-up. :) Good luck with your knee! I hate injuries.
  • louiseodonnell1990
    Options
    Im slightly taller at 5'3, currently at 145 pounds. I would love to get down to 115-120 range but I am going to go down to 125 and see how i feel then.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"

Start weigh was 136lb.
    CW - 109lb
    GW - 106lb

I'm going to start lifting, so the weight will rise again I'm sure. But as long as I stay the size I am (rather than what the scales tell me) I'll be happy!!!
  • cirisse
    Options
    5'3"

Currently I'm at my highest ever weight of 124 lbs.
    Goal is to be back at 110-115 lbs.
    I have been lower but people started commenting that I looked ill :ohwell:
  • lpiotte11
    Options
    5'2" and 105 pounds!
    I like my weight but I'm hoping it's not too thin:/
    I exersize a lot to maintain my weight and stay healthy:)
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, I think I will be happy at 130. I guess I'll see how I feel about myself when I get there!! I like being curvy!
  • jamaicanmircrzy
    jamaicanmircrzy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and all my weight is in my thighs/butt! Seriously at 143 my collarbones are prominent but have had strangers go 'Dat *kitten*!' (Ugh) Being short with a badonkadonk can be a nightmare finding jeans, that's why this leggings trend has become such a blessing! Even at my once upon a time lowest weight of 112lbs I still wore a size 5 jeans, but I looked so malnourished on my upper half. Yuck, don't wanna go there again. Different approach: My goal this time around is to tone and perhaps bulk up my upper half to balance things out but right now I'm still in the dropping phase.

SW: 155
    CW: 143
    GW: 120

Fellow shorties add me as a friend! It would be nice to have friends of similar heights and goals! :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    5'2", 131, top heavy hourglass.
  • brunie_chan
    brunie_chan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello my Shorties :)

I am 5'2" as well.. need to loose weight off my legs.. and stomach .. Good luck to you all.
  • kristynamanda31
    kristynamanda31 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3! And my goal weight has always ultimately been 115. Right now I am STUCK at 129. Been here for months.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 my goal was to get down till I felt I looked good. I'm pretty much there now. I'd be happier if I was more toned so working on that. I'm 118 now.
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 141 pounds! And Asian. :(

I was always in the 128-135 flabby/chubby range but I just ballooned up post graduation.
    My realistic goal is to be back at my college weight minus a little aka 126 pounds by New year!

My dream goal is to get to 25% body fat by end of the year! Hahaha I'm currently at 32% right now, so it might make me like 6 months to get there...
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    I'm 5'1 barely. I'm at 109 right now and I feel I still have a bit of weight on me, particularly in my thighs and butt. I know I still have more toning to do as well so I'm aiming to lose those last couple pounds in my lower half, making my goal 105 now.
  • comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'2'' and wondering who else is a shortie out there !

AND WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

I'm always wondering if I am setting my goal weight as healthy FOR ME.

Healthy weight for us = 110 -135 correct? Does anyone else think this is low?

I am 131 now and I just changed my goal from 115 to 125 - I am curvy and think I'd look silly that small - 110, really??

I know everyone is different - so what is your goals !?

O Sweetie! You are beautiful! I have a hard time with a goal weight being a number. You should stop when you feel healthy and are happy with yourself. I have a friend who is 5'11 and her goal weight is 125, she has a very small stature, she's just very tall. Per the 'stats' she should be 155-180; however the way she looks and feels when she's 155 is very sluggish, bloated, and she looks like she weighs 200 pound. She feels best when she's around 130-135. The scale is just a number, go by how you FEEL and BMI.
  • mirrinias
    mirrinias Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a petite frame (as seen by how small my wrists and ankles still are, even at 90 lbs overweight I have to get links removed from watches) and my goal is 110.

Anyone who wants to friend me who's also short with a lot to lose (or even if you're not) feel free! I accept everyone's friend requests at first. I log every day.
  • Forever99lbs
    Forever99lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal was 110lbs
  • eloisesharp
    eloisesharp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The variety of weights is so interesting!
    I used to feel skinny at 117. 5”2 here!
    I started diet w/ app plus intermittent fasting this August. It has been SLOW- sometimes nothing for a month! But…I’ve gone from 124 to 114. My goal was 112, but now that I’m down, not sure what the finish line should be. Im skinnier all over but still little more in tummy, went down proportionally.
    I put the weight on after menopause and thought I’d never get it off, so I’m happy but frustrated my flat tummy didn’t come yet. I wonder if I should get a trainer and just try to add muscle or diet off another four or five.
    I turned 60 last year, very active yoga teacher and swimmer, but 7 pounds just crept on. At 114, I wonder if my little round tummy is stuck this way or I’m just not done yet!