CLOSED - Summer Biggest Loser Challenge (With Eliminations)

Options

Replies

• MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    I didn't post the spreadsheet...Sorry. It's been a busy week. Our Internet was down and then I had an out of town conference. They were nice enough to serve donuts and pastries each morning....(Sense my sarcasm? It's like my kryptonite.) Trying to "cleanse" today after eating junk the last two days. Anyway, I'll try to get that done.

Friends, I know schedules are crazy, and things come up and we can be somewhat flexible, but hear me out about the Sunday weigh in: It was set up that way to keep us accountable for our weekend calories and help us stay on track through the toughest part of the week. Weighing in early allows you to be "off the hook" on Friday or Saturday night while the rest of us pass on fruity drinks and date night desserts. Please try your best to honor the Sunday weigh in. (I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I just want to be fair.)

Nisijam, congrats in your recent accomplishments in the other challenge. :-) What is a C25K?

Keep up the great work on your diet and exercise everyone! See you at the scale!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Mae, sounds like a wicked conference with all the sugary treats...

C25K is the Couch to 5K program. I think it's 9 weeks program. So, by the end of the program you should be able to "jog" a 5K. I'm on week 4, day 2, the longest is a 5 minute interval.

I like it because I feel like it's a huge calorie burner and I feel like I am melting, my legs are lookin' fine :love: and my endurance is getting better. It's not easy; but, what exercise is :huh: I am doing warrior dash at the end of the month. It's a 5k with obstacles. I should be on week 7 by then. Not quite finished, but close.

No worries on the spreadsheet. I just didn't know if the directions were good that I sent you.

Anyway, I hate the Sunday weigh-ins because it does hold me accountable on the weekend. That's why, I picked Wednesday for my contest. Give me a couple of days to make up for the weekend. Now, because of yours, I have to behave :grumble:
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Well, Kim, if it's any consolation, I haven't been very good. I did great yesterday, and today got too busy (I know, excuses, excuses) and just made terrible decisions. Every week I think, "Yep, this is probably the week I'm going to get eliminated from my own competition." LOL. I hope not, but we'll see tomorrow. I did lose something like 4 or 5 lbs last week, so I'll be lucky to lose at all this week. Anyway, good night everyone. See you on the scale in the morning. :smile:
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Do we post our Sunday weigh ins here? I could not find another post. I lost 2 lbs, I'm at 230. Frustrating since I was down to 229 originally but then gained 4 lbs back.

but today 230
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    todays weight = 347 lbs

:smile:
  • throttlboy
    throttlboy Posts: 23
    Options
    weed 2 weigh-in: 355.2
  • throttlboy
    throttlboy Posts: 23
    Options
    todays weight = 347 lbs

:smile:

Way to go, Jayme, losing 6.8 pounds in a week!
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Below is the spreadsheet from last week. Sorry I didn't get it up until now. I wasn't sure about using photobucket at first because I thought you had to pay for it, but it's free. It took a couple of tries to figure out exactly what I was doing, but I finally got it, so it should be easier in the future.
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    BLWK1.jpg
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Kudos on your weight loss this week everyone. I gained. Ugh. I will post the new spreadsheet as soon as everyone weighs in. Still waiting on report from meggie_pooh, nisijam, christieherron, and mzmags.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mae, for organising the speadsheet and things. I am a bit useless with not being around much at weekends really - I should probably have considered that before committing to this challenge. Generally I am away at weekends and don't have access to my scales. What I can do to remain accountable is to let you have my weight on Monday mornings instead if I am away - I did have a MASSIVE blowout this weekend!!! I usually weigh myself every day anyway.

xx
  • Christieherron
    Options
    I had a gain also i weighed in at 255 today. im not happy with myself at all im sure i will be the one eliminated today it was nice being here with you.
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Don't give up yet, Christie! We still have 3 people who haven't weighed in. If they don't weigh in, they'll be eliminated and you'll keep playing.
  • Christieherron
    Options
    Thanks ill keep checking in i have a friend in from out of town and i am not making good decisions
  • nisijam5
    Options
    P1020239.jpg
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sorry that I have been MIA. It's a grueling weekend with baseball tourneys for our boys. One boy came in dead last and the other won the championships. It's been 90 degrees out all weekend as well. I've just come to expect that on the tourney weekend. However, I do believe the heat and humidity do cause me to swell up. UGH.

What wasn't spent on the ballfields, was spent at the Toyota dealership. We had to get rid of the truck that was guzzling about $500 to $600 a month on gas. Daughter thinks gas is free apparently. Car shopping is very time consuming. We ended up getting a Toyota Highlander hybrid that's supposed to get 28 mpg. Much better than the 12 mpg that we were getting.

Anyway to combat the sitting, I rode my bike there and back to work in some exercise. I was supposed to do the C25K yesterday after the pool party; but, my girlfriend kept on and on about coming over for mojitos on the deck. I hadn't seen her in about 2 weeks, so I buckled after the third phone call and consumed many mojitos.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have a 360 minute "move-it" challenge for the month of July running. Here's the link if you are interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279958-the-july-move-it-360-minutes-a-week-challenge?page=3#posts-3777072

Ok, that's it for me. Have a good week everyone!!!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    When is the cut-off point for the people to weigh in who haven't done so? xx
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am guessing it's Sunday midnight. I know that I missed that deadline and I am "OK" with being eliminated if that's the case.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    I think Kim you seem to be taking this challenge seriously and contributing regularly here, I don't feel you deserve elimination for a late weigh in.

xx
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    I've got you, Kim. Still don't have weights from Meggie_Pooh and mzmags.