CLOSED - Summer Biggest Loser Challenge (With Eliminations)

Options

Replies

• teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    good job everyone!
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Well, it's noon here and I still haven't heard back from mzmags. I have everyone else, so she will be our eliminated player this week. Sorry mzmags. I sent a personal msg and waited until lunch the day AFTER we were supposed to weigh in. If you see this post, I hope you'll still feel free to keep up with our weekly challenges with us!

Keep up the good work everyone. This week's challenge is to add some squats to your routine to boost those leg muscles!

Keep up with your cardio and stay within your calories each day! Good luck everyone!
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Here are the results for the remaining players. The ones in red were very close to falling below the red line (elimination). (Christie, you and I are going to have to step up our game!!! :blushing: )

Keep up the good work everyone!

Week2Results.jpg
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I think Kim you seem to be taking this challenge seriously and contributing regularly here, I don't feel you deserve elimination for a late weigh in.

xx

Thanks, I do take it seriously....it's just that I have this thing called "kids" and they kind of get in my way...LOL
  • Christieherron
    Options
    I will step up my game. I'm so happy that im still in this my friend is going back home so i can get back to work.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Christie...lol on the friend...when my lushy sister visited I made her do the C25K with me.

It's my work weekend this week which means that I should be well behaved :bigsmile:

Oh, on Wednesday for my contest, I weighed 171.2...WTF happened in 4 days??? :mad: I could definitely be facing elimination there. I don't think my 0.5 lb advantage is going to help very much :grumble:

OK, I'm going to take a nap, wait for it to cool down and do the C25K

Peace :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey peeps,

I just finished W5D1 of the C25K. It's pretty challenging so I think I will stretch it out over the course of 2 weeks. I'll probably elliptical 30 minutes later after dinner. Gotta that 60 minutes of "movin' it" each day.

Wow, where are all the people on this thread?
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am here been really busy. Joined CURVES this week, so i am trying to get a routine going with that..so far so good:) HOpe everyone is having a great day!! Its been really hot hot hot here this week and humid, definately not my favourite walking weather!! Ive been keeping busy with my two year old and trying to get more active with her and avoid being a couch potato *(which is when i do my eating mostly))) down 6.8 lbs this week, its working:) have a great night ev1
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Yeah it's sad so many people seem to have dropped out completely after the initial rush of enthusiasm xx
  • throttlboy
    throttlboy Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't normally have a whole lot to say, but I'm still here!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I didn't manage to elliptical last night and am falling short of my 360 minutes each week. I work a lot this week and need to get a good workout push today.

Anyone make smoothies. I have one nearly every day for breakfast. So filling and delish.

I use 1/2 Chobani yogurt, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of ice, different kinds of fruit, vanilla, 2 T of ground flax seed. Grind it up!!!

It's about 250 calories, 8 gram of fibers and loaded with the omegas from the flax seed.

Oh, I plan to have the top spot this week in weight loss:devil: ...last week, I was second :grumble:

Push Hard thru the Day :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Yeah it's sad so many people seem to have dropped out completely after the initial rush of enthusiasm xx

I think they pulled out due to the picture weigh-in. Most don't want to be bothered with it. I don't like it either :grumble: but, it makes me accountable.
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    I don't know why so many people dropped out. I hope it's not because of the photo weigh ins. That wasn't my idea to begin with; I just added that because others in the thread seemed to think it was necessary to keep people honest and accountable.

Kim is saying she's going to come in first and Jayme has already lost 6.8 lbs this week?! Maybe I should get off my behind and go get on the elliptical, but I'll be honest. I hate working out.

Mae
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good evening ev1, hope y`all are having a great day/night!! I walked outside today for excercise and planned on using my exercise bike but didnt get around to it:angry: Tommorrow I am going to the gym and hopefully adding a walk in at some point!

half way to the weekend yahoo :happy:
  • Christieherron
    Options
    I have had amazing work outs all week so far and my food is not bad either. yahoo im looking at a good number this week. thanks for the support everyone.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I think they pulled out due to the picture weigh-in. Most don't want to be bothered with it. I don't like it either :grumble: but, it makes me accountable.

I think it is a pain but only really adds another five minutes on to the whole process of logging on, finding the post and posting your weight anyhow.

xx
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    There are a thousand reasons why people might have dropped out. Maybe the first week's weigh in came up and they just didn't want the accountability after all. Maybe they gained weight and didn't want to admit it publicly, or maybe they weren't honest about their weight to begin with and then when it came time to post a picture they were busted. Or maybe they just didn't have time to do the challenge. Or maybe they found a new challenge that was more fun.

Anyway, you guys are doing great and so inspiring. I'm going to my school today because I have to switch classrooms (ugh.) and that means I'll be moving boxes and furniture all day. (Ugh.) Then, if I have any energy left perhaps I'll do the elliptical too. (ugh.) I let myself get lazy for a couple days and that turned into a couple more. I have to find my groove again. :-)
  • nisijam5
    Options

Kim is saying she's going to come in first and Jayme has already lost 6.8 lbs this week?! Maybe I should get off my behind and go get on the elliptical, but I'll be honest. I hate working out.

Mae

Yep, I think you better!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I came very close to being eliminated from my other contest. Weight was up 2.8 lbs for that one. Fortunately, someone dropped out due to buying a new scale that put their weight up 10 lbs. I think I would break down and cry over that one.

Weight was up because of water weight issues. Humidity was terrible this weekend and I was at ballgames in it, TOM and probably too much sodium on Sunday eating at Famous Daves.

I was cancelled from work today. So, that gives me an extra eight hours to get some exercise and things done around the house.

I strive for the 5 veggies & fruits per day. Started out the day with my smoothie and tonight is Carolina Rubbed Pork chops, salad with blueberries, nectarines and goat cheese, corn-on-the-cob to top it off. Oh, I might even make some asparagus too.

What's everyone making today? Are you getting your 5 today?
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Today is leftover day. I made some 16 bean soup a few days ago and yesterday I made a roasted pork sirloin and there's plenty of that left. We have yellow squash and zucchini from our garden and some salad leftovers. I'll probably have a cucumber and tomato sandwhich for lunch. Breakfast was cheerios with blueberries and unsweetened soy milk. So, yeah, it looks like I'll get my 5. (Yea!)

I just did this video called "Balance Ball Beginners' Workout". (Got it through NetFlix). I will say that I don't feel so stiff and tired, but it's not exactly a workout. I never broke a sweat, but it is nice if you're looking for some very relaxing stretching exercises.