30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• Chloe71
    Chloe71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was wondering. Are we supposed to do 30 days in a row or do you take any days off? I thought that there would be more information on the dvd about that kind of thing. Also, do you do 10 days of each level or move up when you think you are ready?
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I was wondering. Are we supposed to do 30 days in a row or do you take any days off? I thought that there would be more information on the dvd about that kind of thing. Also, do you do 10 days of each level or move up when you think you are ready?

The video is 10 days at each level without a day off. But you can move ahead a level if you aren't being challenged. When I miss a day, I do double the next day (levels 1 & 2). I swear I've lost 2 inches on each side of my lovehandles!!! And I'm only 15 days into the shred! I am so excited to see what I look like in 30 days. I've seen others that take one day off a week. It depends upon your commitment to the program.
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I have a NSV -- I swear I've lost 2 inches on EACH SIDE of my "love handles"!! Anyone else seeing a big difference in their bodies? I'm soooo glad I'm doing this. Getting ready to do L2 D4 right now.

Congrats!
  • joimichele
    Options
    I take back what I said the other day! Level 2 is harder than what I thought!! lol. I'm going to keep pushing through it though.

I said the same thing on the first day!
  • statia152
    Options
    L2 D5 done!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1. I missed yesterday since It was a wonky work day and my hubbies birthday. Today I also started 6 week to a six pack. I only got half way through that one.

As always my son is my cheerleader. I was doing crunches and he was going "up, exhale, down, inhale, 1" and repeated LOL it was so funny I was trying not to laugh
  • statia152
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1. I missed yesterday since It was a wonky work day and my hubbies birthday. Today I also started 6 week to a six pack. I only got half way through that one.

As always my son is my cheerleader. I was doing crunches and he was going "up, exhale, down, inhale, 1" and repeated LOL it was so funny I was trying not to laugh

HA! Love it. I need to borrow your "cheerleader" for a bit, my hubby just steps over me on the way to the kitchen.
  • statia152
    Options
    *sigh* I miss Monkey :cry:
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So can I get in on this? I started 30ds yesterday so today was day 2 on L2 and it is a killer! Especially on my knees but Im going to keep going!
  • statia152
    Options
    You are welcome to join us, however, there is a group that started yesterday. Here's the group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323407-30-day-shred-starting-08-22-11-gearing-up

Most of us here are at least a week into the Shred (i am L2 day 6 today). Are you new to exercising? The reason I ask is if you haven't exercised before, you may want to wait a few more days before going to Level 2. But, if Level 1 was easy, then Level 2 is fine. Us couch potatoes were super sore after the first day of Level 1. Whatever you decide, best wishes to you in your fitness quest. XOXO
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Had to take off working out for a minute, my back has been bothering me. Yesterday I did level 2 Day 7. Tonight is C25K.
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I finished day 7 of 30DS and weighed myself this am. I have now lost 5 lbs since starting 30DS. Day 8 of level one today and day 2 of 6wk to a 6pk. I wasn't able to measure my inches this am but am slimming down and can see definition starting to appear. I do also take a weight loss supplement so I assume that is why I have lost since I have gained in the way of muscle
  • joimichele
    Options
    Had to take off working out for a minute, my back has been bothering me. Yesterday I did level 2 Day 7. Tonight is C25K.

Welcome back!
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    Even though I am on Level 2 and have been for awhile, I still find the push ups hard. Anyone else still have this problem? I can do them but they are still hard hard hard. I also have a stupid back and can't do the "regular" moves with the jumping out of the feet and the one that is the mountain climber. I have two small children and it would wake them up as well. (can't have that) You think I'm still getting a good workout??
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Even though I am on Level 2 and have been for awhile, I still find the push ups hard. Anyone else still have this problem? I can do them but they are still hard hard hard. I also have a stupid back and can't do the "regular" moves with the jumping out of the feet and the one that is the mountain climber. I have two small children and it would wake them up as well. (can't have that) You think I'm still getting a good workout??

I find them very hard too! Much harder than the legs. I figure, just keep pushing through and you WILL get stronger.
  • statia152
    Options
    Crazy day, but did L2 D7!! I gotta see the chiropractor soon, my ribs are out. But I still keep doing the Shred cuz I am not a quitter.
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done. She's still kicking my *kitten*, I'm dripping by the end of it. The last couple days have been REALLY hard to push play but I'm always happy I did. I'm hard on myself so I'd be miserable if I didn't have a good reason to skip it!
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    Tonight is Level 2 Day 8. Whoop! I can't wait to start seeing a difference in my body. I feel better, now it is just time to start with the physical part.
  • joimichele
    Options
    I have reluctantly been keeping up with the 30DS. Jillian is a beast. I have been honestly thinking about going back to running. At least I wouldn't have to hear her voice lol. Naw, I love Jillian!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done. She's still kicking my *kitten*, I'm dripping by the end of it. The last couple days have been REALLY hard to push play but I'm always happy I did. I'm hard on myself so I'd be miserable if I didn't have a good reason to skip it!

I totally understand how you feel. I star at the dvd play screen for 10 mins before pressing play!