Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I am so happy I lost the most weight. I weighed myself like 10 times and I find myself looking in the mirror alot more I can't believe I have lost 20 pounds and where did it go. I really need to step it up a notch though cause my food choices lately have been so bad. So I am going to get off here and do my workout dvd so I can lose some more. Don't expect too much this week I am about to have a horrible monthly visitor :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

On a side note it is neat getting to know everyone a bit more.
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sunday stats: over by 8 calories, I know I burned that in working or in the afterburn of my workout but still. boo. and 49 minutes of working out.
    monday: under my calorie goal! but no workout.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    OWLS:1
    NEWTS: 5
    Housepoints: 6

Interesting fact... Uum, I am from Pennsylvania and met my fiance in Oklahoma 4 1/2 years ago. We have a 7 month old daughter who is just starting to crawl (EEK!). I have been a Stay at home mom, not completely by choice but because the low-down boss that I worked for before laid off everyone that was having hard times in their life (one guys wife died after a 9year battle with cancer, I had just had my daughter, one lady was just in remission from liver and colon cancer, another had just had breast cancer, etc) the economy sucks and no one seems to be hiring in my field (medical billing). So if I'm not exercising, taking care of my daughter, spending time with my fiance, I'm job searching. What? sleep? what's that? ;)

Yes the economy SUCKS bad right now! I hope you find something soon. Teachers are taking a hard hit too ... Early retirements pay cuts its just ridiculous. I have a 9 month old cutting 4 teeth at once so I am with you on that no sleep thing!
  • momie0205
    Options
    So not feeling this day. I wanted to stay in bed and not get up. My allergies are kicking my butt stupid texas weather. I forgot to mention I did get a minute in of jump roping last night and I think it was 45 min of exercising. I made horrible food choices and didn't stay under last night. I am trying harder today.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    morning everyone! i'm so tired. i hope i last the day.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    well done to Jen and Momie on their awards.

I was dancing last night and my shorts kept falling down! Made my boyfriend laugh a lot and in the end I just did it in my underwear :laugh:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Stats for 4/10

OWLs - 15
    NEWTs - 5
    House Points - 70
    Weight - 165
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    My numbers this week so far:

Owls - 27
    Newts - 10
    House points - 289
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yay! I didn't get on her since the awards... Congrats Momie!!

10/3 Stats...

OWLs....0 (Boo! Me... I am always dancing around.. maybe I will dust off one of my Cardio dance DVDs tonight)
    NEWTs.... 5
    House Points....84

-Few facts about me.... Been a single mum for all but 3 months of my sons life, he is the reason I went back to school and made myself a better person all around, etc. I worked as a Pharmacy Technician since I was 16.... Then completely switch fields to Electrical Design at 23. I was a Lighting Designer for 3 years then took a huge chance and moved to Chicago (from the St Louis area, but IL side). So now my current title is Electrical Designer for Nuclear Power Plants (Please don't hate because I am pro-nuclear!) I like my job... It is a chore at times, like all jobs. I am in training classes currently for wiring design... only female... I rocked the class today! Finished first, all correct... The 'instructors' couldn't believe I have never done wiring design before... Smiles! I love to 'prove' that females can do everything a man can do (minus peeing standing up!) Can't wait to go visit my first Nuclear Power Plant!!
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Ugh ladies I feel like a cow this week! Today was particularly horrible. It all started last night when my teething daughter refused to sleep in her bed so in hopes of getting some sleep I let her sleep in my bed. She of course tossed and turned and cried all night which amounted to me getting about 2 hours of sleep total. I teach kindergarten so I need a minimum of 6 hours of sleep to function properly at work. Then today at work one of my kids was running on the playground and looking the other way ... He ran right into the wooden playground set and split his cheek wide open ( you could almost see straight through to his mouth). After the ordeal with the ambulance and getting him proper medical treatment I had to convince my kids that he wasn't dead and he would be ok! NO learning took place today. It was the most stressful day of my teaching career! Blah! I wanted to smoke a cigarette but I quit smoking so I ate chocolate instead. I feed my emotions and I am really trying to work on that!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Queeda- You poor thing! What a crappy day!! Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight!!

10/4 Stats... It wouldn't let me edit my post so you'all get another one from me..
    OWLs - 9 (45 mins of Dance /5 = 9)
    NEWTs - 5 (Under my cal goal)
    HOUSE POINTS - 129...

Wheeew!! Off to bed! I am beat!
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    As a jump off from the getting to know everyone idea ... If you are comfortable I think we could/should do daily or weekly confessions! Only if you are comfortable. You can confess anything you want. I often find that when I confess things I realize that people have the same insecurities or problems as me and it makes me feel like I'm not alone. So I will start ....

I am an emotional eater. The way I currently deal with extreme emotions is by feeding them. This has caused me to gain an incredible amount of weight as my life changed drastically from care free college student to married mom! The marriage and the baby happened 6 months after I started college so I quickly went from `146 to 175 after my first baby and 214 after my second baby and the depression from being so big bumped me up to 230 at my heaviest. WOW that really makes me feel better! :smile:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hmm, what can I confess?

Sometimes it scares me how much I hate myself.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I feel like a complete bum this week. I don't know what is wrong with me I normally never go over my calories and always do some sort of exercise not this week. I would totally understand if I was stripped of my prefect duties. I am turning over a new leaf today I need to make sure I don't gain any weight and that I am down to 165 by the end of the month which was my goal since that is the weight I was when I had my son who will be 2 at the end of the month.
  • momie0205
    Options
    My confessions for the day... I am really beginning to not like my job I have been here 3 years in february. I want to go back to school to be an RN. I am trying to convince my hubby that we need another baby. The doctor put me on anti depressants because I was really depressed about my weight.
  • momie0205
    Options
    Yay! I didn't get on her since the awards... Congrats Momie!!

10/3 Stats...

OWLs....0 (Boo! Me... I am always dancing around.. maybe I will dust off one of my Cardio dance DVDs tonight)
    NEWTs.... 5
    House Points....84

-Few facts about me.... Been a single mum for all but 3 months of my sons life, he is the reason I went back to school and made myself a better person all around, etc. I worked as a Pharmacy Technician since I was 16.... Then completely switch fields to Electrical Design at 23. I was a Lighting Designer for 3 years then took a huge chance and moved to Chicago (from the St Louis area, but IL side). So now my current title is Electrical Designer for Nuclear Power Plants (Please don't hate because I am pro-nuclear!) I like my job... It is a chore at times, like all jobs. I am in training classes currently for wiring design... only female... I rocked the class today! Finished first, all correct... The 'instructors' couldn't believe I have never done wiring design before... Smiles! I love to 'prove' that females can do everything a man can do (minus peeing standing up!) Can't wait to go visit my first Nuclear Power Plant!!

Can I say wow!!! That is pretty cool about your job.
  • momie0205
    Options
    Ugh ladies I feel like a cow this week! Today was particularly horrible. It all started last night when my teething daughter refused to sleep in her bed so in hopes of getting some sleep I let her sleep in my bed. She of course tossed and turned and cried all night which amounted to me getting about 2 hours of sleep total. I teach kindergarten so I need a minimum of 6 hours of sleep to function properly at work. Then today at work one of my kids was running on the playground and looking the other way ... He ran right into the wooden playground set and split his cheek wide open ( you could almost see straight through to his mouth). After the ordeal with the ambulance and getting him proper medical treatment I had to convince my kids that he wasn't dead and he would be ok! NO learning took place today. It was the most stressful day of my teaching career! Blah! I wanted to smoke a cigarette but I quit smoking so I ate chocolate instead. I feed my emotions and I am really trying to work on that!

I quit smoking too occaisionally I crave it as well but I quit when I got pregnant with my son it made me sick and I thought I would go back to it after I had him and it still made me sick. My mom grandma, sister and my husband all smoke and I don't anymore odd huh. I started when I got really stressed out and became a single mom of 2 at 21. wow crazy. Your day sounds very stressful I hope today goes by much smoother for you.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Stats for 5/10

OWLs - 20
    NEWTs - 5
    House Points - 40
    Weight - 165

:)
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Numbers for the week so far

Owls - 27
    Newts - 15
    House points - 289

A confession.You know that saying "money burns a hole in my pocket"? well chocolate and crisps burn a hole in mine. If I get a multi-pack in the house It's guaranteed I'll eat it all in a day or two. There's no excuse for it, I don't know what is wrong with me.
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Hmm, what can I confess?

Sometimes it scares me how much I hate myself.

This is sad. I'm sorry you feel like this. :flowerforyou: