Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yes a blanket statement is not necessarily correct, that is why I posted the article and made the point that 60% of humans can't properly digest it. I never said ALL.
    I was not referring to blanket statements like, "Milk is for children under the age of 6. If you are older than that and drinking milk you should probably rethink that." and "Cows milk is for cows".
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I do. I drink no more or less than I did at any other point in my life. I follow my great-grandmother's advice, "All things in moderation." Do I have days when I over-do it on things I shouldn't? Of course I do; I'm human and I make mistakes. If you're really worried about whether or not to drink milk, discuss it with a medical professional. As much as I appreciate (and trust) the advice of my MFP family, I still like to get an expert's opinion when I'm REALLY looking for a better answer.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have always hated cows milk, so I have always added chocolate mix to it. Now I tried Almond Breeze milk. It has 60 cal. I put Ovaltine in it for experiment. It was really good. !

I would rather take a calcium pill with my vitamin.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yeah thats our government not wanting to lose money... thats what it is all about if most people quit drinking/eating dairy the government would lose!
    tinfoil-hat-2.jpg
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    Yes, daily. 1 cup of 1%
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If you have ever seen Forks over knives you would understand, basically think of it this way, America consumes more dairy than any other country but we also have the highest rate of osteoprosis and other problems proving that all that dairy isn't doing anything for us!! Many people grow up healthy and strong without cow milk.
    That film has been discredited many times over.

Drawing a conclusion from one data point to another like that, without more evidence to back up any sort of connection is flawed. I could just as easily say that where the US consumes more popcorn, that is to blame for the incidence of osteoporosis.

Yeah thats our government not wanting to lose money... thats what it is all about if most people quit drinking/eating dairy the government would lose!

How exactly does the government lose money if people stop drinking milk?
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nope, I haven't consumed any dairy products in years.
  • Johnnycell
    Options
    I use Almond Milk for my oatmeal, cereal and sometimes in my protein shake. However, I still go with nonfat milk in my Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have an allergy to milk, so I drink almond milk. I miss milk though! Nothing like a tall, cold glass of milk! Strangely enough, I can tolerate cheese and yogurt. But milk makes me feel like ****.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a glass with dinner a few times a week
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Milk is for children under the age of 6. If you are older than that and drinking milk you should probably rethink that.

So you don't even drink breast milk? More for me!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Don't care for milk....but will have some almond milk now and then.

Dairy, in general, does nothing but negative things for me so I try to limit my consumption.
  • purseus
    Options
    I usually drink 1% milk for breakfast daily
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i put coconut milk in my coffee and protein shakes...no milk though
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i drink almond milk with my cereal, otherwise not at all - mad lactose intolerant.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I wish I could still drink milk, but I can't digest it anymore. When I was young and still lived with my parents, I could down a gallon of milk in less than a day. Cost my parents a lot of money just to keep me in milk. Now it's soy or almond milk. They're fine, but I miss milk.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I used to drink milk every night with dinner; I only have it a few times a week now. My kids however are required to drink milk every night with dinner!!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I drink whole milk with my cereal.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I drink 1 to 2 cups of milk a day through out my weight loss..1%milk