• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning girls! How are you today?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fellow preggos!! :happy:

It is about 25 degrees cooler than it was yesterday. I was pretty miserable yesterday. I think that is an indication of how the Summer is going to be!! DANG!! lol!!

I shall be living in the a/c!! :laugh:

Looking forward to the pic Cris and Kris, hope things calm down at work soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey Tam! I'm pretty sure we will both be dying of heat this summer and utilizing the AC for sure! I already warned my husband that he may be wearing a winter coat in our house this year!:laugh: I'm already hot all the time and we have all our fans running! Oh well...I kinda expected it!

Cris...how's it going?
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Lovelies!!

I am slammed at work today SLAMMED :(. Makes the day go by fast I guess. I have tomorrow off so I will post my bump pic.

We really should have all planned to be pregnant in the winter lol! Maybe next time? I love hot sun and cold beer so am not looking forward to missing out on that. BUT as my husband says "how can you even think about beer when you have a life being created inside you!?" Men...

Hope you two have wonderful days! Tami I hope today is a much better one for you :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    :laugh: Yeah...I can't WAIT to have a glass of wine!:tongue: *drool* And I will be missing the margaritas by the pool this summer for sure! But yes...it is SO worth it! We can get through it together!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I want alcohol so bad right now! LOL! It is hard when the weather is warm!!

Is is very worth it and you always crave it so much more when it's forbidden!! :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning girls! Guess what?...I have my ultrasound today!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: I'm leaving work for the day at 2:30 and my appointment is at 3:30. SO...I probably won't report back until tomorrow (maybe once more at lunch time). Hope you both have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Good afternoon!!:flowerforyou:

Kris, can't wait to hear about the u/s! Such fun!! :happy:

I went to the gym and then took J.T. to a cupcake playdate and then grocery shopping. Wow, it's amazing how tired you get when pregnant! I feel so drained right now!! :ohwell:

Hope you guys are having a great day! I can't wait to see the u/s pics Kris!! :bigsmile:

:heart:
    -Tam
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey gals! Quick checking in before I head home!

Tam...a cupcake playdate sounds fun! :tongue: *yum yum* And I can totally relate to the being tired. Easter weekend was horrible. Monday I ended up having a migraine and going home early due to being so exhausted! It's funny how the little things can wear us out now! And thanks...I can't wait for the ultrasound! Only another hour and a half!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Cris...hope you're having a good day! I'll check back to make sure you're alive tomorrow!:wink::laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning! And Happy Friday!!!!

The ultrasound went GREAT!!!! :drinker: Baby is doing wonderful! Everything is normal! And it was SO great to see our little munchkin! Baby's hand was up by it's face which was really cute! And we got some great 4D pictures of the face! I go back again in another month, then 3 weeks later for the glucose testing, then every two weeks! CRAZY! :bigsmile: I just can't stop staring at these pictures! Makes it so much more real!!! :heart:

Hope you two are having a good morning!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Good morning! And Happy Friday!!!!

The ultrasound went GREAT!!!! :drinker: Baby is doing wonderful! Everything is normal! And it was SO great to see our little munchkin! Baby's hand was up by it's face which was really cute! And we got some great 4D pictures of the face! I go back again in another month, then 3 weeks later for the glucose testing, then every two weeks! CRAZY! :bigsmile: I just can't stop staring at these pictures! Makes it so much more real!!! :heart:

Hope you two are having a good morning!
    That's great!! Sounds fun!! I wish I had gotten a 4-D one!! GRRR!!! hahaa

Yes, the glucose testing is coming up! :sick:

It really does make it more real!! You get to see the baby you are carrying..and looking like a baby now!! haha

Enjoy!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yeah...I guess they routinely do the 4D at my place...which is really cool! I SO want to get them scanned in to show you gals, but it might be a while. So...be patient!

Gonna take off early again today...so have a good weekend if I don't talk to you!:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!!

Kristin I am so happy for you!!! I am thinking since next weekend is Mother's day that you should go see your parents and use their scanner :wink: I really want to see those 4D's!!

I have been exhausted!! It is all I can do to get through the day each day this week and we are really busy at work all of a sudden (of course) so life has been a little crazy. TGIF!!

I have a conference to attend this Sunday-Tuesday so you may not hear from me until Tuesday afternoon but I have my first ultrasound that day and will let you know how it goes.

Hope you two have nice relaxing and fun filled weekends!!

-C
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning! Monday again!:grumble: Ah...it's all good!:smile:

Cris...Thanks! I will try and get them scanned in soon! And I hope you scan in yours when you get them also! Yes...the exhaustion...I can relate! It will get better though! Hope to hear from you tomorrow!

Tam...how are you today? Did you have a good weekend?
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey ladies. I was just wondering how I go about altering my calorie intake for pregnancy. Right now I am consuming 1200 cal/day. How many should I be eating?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey ladies. I was just wondering how I go about altering my calorie intake for pregnancy. Right now I am consuming 1200 cal/day. How many should I be eating?

How far along are you?

For me, I tried eating maintainence calories for the first trimester, and now I put in to gain 1 pound a week. But really, I think as long as you are getting all your food groups in, you don't need to be too concerned about the number of calories. I'm not even keeping track anymore. Just watching my weight gain and making sure to get plenty of fruits, veggies and dairy, as well as enough protein, carbs, and fat. It's all about balance. And keeping up with exercise is a definite plus!
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options

How far along are you?

For me, I tried eating maintainence calories for the first trimester, and now I put in to gain 1 pound a week. But really, I think as long as you are getting all your food groups in, you don't need to be too concerned about the number of calories. I'm not even keeping track anymore. Just watching my weight gain and making sure to get plenty of fruits, veggies and dairy, as well as enough protein, carbs, and fat. It's all about balance. And keeping up with exercise is a definite plus!
    I just found out a few days that we are pregnant with our third. I gained ridiculous amounts of weight with the first 2 babies and don't want to go through that again this time around. So I should change my weightloss to maintenace calories?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey guys!! :happy:

Kris, I had a good weekend, thanks! My allergies are killing my eyes though. I have sinus pain and pressure and burning eyes! UGH!! How have you been doing??

Hi mommy2girls! How are you and congrats!! :flowerforyou:

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I just switched to maintenance calories and have been following that. I used the first trimester to sort of ease into it since you don't really need a lot extra then anyway.

Now, I just eat healthy and try to keep my blood sugar level by eating small, nutritious meals throughout the day. That seems to be working.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey Tam! Sorry to hear your allergies are causing problems! No fun!:grumble:

Mommy2girls...Congrats! How exciting to have just found out. And yes, I would probably start maintenence calories for now and see how things go. You'll find your pace! How are your feeling so far?

Well...I am doing good today. A little tired (went to a bachelorette party Saturday night and danced my butt off...still recooperation from that!:laugh: ) Otherwise...just busy at work which is making the day go by fast! So...I may not check back again today, but I'll talk to you tomorrow! Have a good afternoon!:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning! How are you ladies today?