You can NOT get it fast....

Options

Replies

• Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love your post and it's so very true. I'm so glad you're feeling better, and everything that you've said about patience and treating your body well is so true and vital for our happiness - I've been much happier since taking care of myself too. Thank you for the inspiring post. :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the after holiday onslaught!!

Honestly, if you take your time and change your thinking about food and exercise you WILL lose weight!!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'll bump with ya! This is very good, and worth the couple minutes to read it! I too was rolling out of bed every morning and taking narcotics for back pain. I had fallen down the stairs in February and never recovered. I had several back x-rays that came back perfectly fine - that's when I finally accepted that I was just fat and my body was tired of it! Thank you God for MFP :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'll bump with ya! This is very good, and worth the couple minutes to read it! I too was rolling out of bed every morning and taking narcotics for back pain. I had fallen down the stairs in February and never recovered. I had several back x-rays that came back perfectly fine - that's when I finally accepted that I was just fat and my body was tired of it! Thank you God for MFP :flowerforyou:

hugs, it works doesn't it>:heart:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

If you want it fast, it will not last.

My thoughts exactly. I think all that those diet pills and cleanses are just a bunch of bullcrap that sucker people into buying them so someone else can make a profit. I'm doing the weight loss my way.. the healthy way.:-D Way to say it and very motivating, by the way.

Shannon
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I too began my mfp account long before i really got committed.

I was interested in weight loss at the time, but now I'm committed.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I too began my mfp account long before i really got committed.

I was interested in weight loss at the time, but now I'm committed.

I love your push up pix! you amaze me so much I down loaded the 100 push up challenge. I have a neck injury so have to hold off and start over in a week, and maybe modify the amount, but I WILL be doing it!!

Your are are HOT
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

If you want it fast, it will not last.

My thoughts exactly. I think all that those diet pills and cleanses are just a bunch of bullcrap that sucker people into buying them so someone else can make a profit. I'm doing the weight loss my way.. the healthy way.:-D Way to say it and very motivating, by the way.

Shannon

Shannon, and it is working! One day at a time and enjoy it!
  • hmlayman
    Options
    This is wonderful and your so wise. A very big congrats! I think this about people all the time who complain and then forgo the same old routine as you once were.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I needed this...

I have a terrible habit of expecting astonishing results after I work out 4 times in a row. I tried on a pair of jeans today that didn't fit two years ago, didn't fit a year ago, and don't fit today. I don't know what made me think they magically would fit, but I did.

I need to realize that it's going to take me months to have some decent results.

L.
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    Amazing advice!! I agree that you can NOT get it fast and have it last!
  • tryinghard2lose
    Options
    awesome words of encouragement!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I know this post is 19 months old, but I LOVED every word! That is my life in a nutshell...... well, how it used to be. I used to have terrible back pain at 20 years of age. Once I started stretching and doing back and ab exercises, it dissipated. Good for you, hon!
  • tryinghard2lose
    Options
    awesome words of encouragement!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I needed this...

I have a terrible habit of expecting astonishing results after I work out 4 times in a row. I tried on a pair of jeans today that didn't fit two years ago, didn't fit a year ago, and don't fit today. I don't know what made me think they magically would fit, but I did.

I need to realize that it's going to take me months to have some decent results.

L.

Oh but keep trying them on or you can wiz right past them! :wink: I had a pair of jeans I wanted to wear SO badly.........I forgot about them until they were too big. I mean I didn't cry or anything, but sure would have liked to wear them for a day! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    So true...thanks for the post:)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This was very inspirational! Thanks so much for taking your time to share your journey!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    This was very inspirational! Thanks so much for taking your time to share your journey!

Thank you. I re-read and hope it helps me again when I hit the 20 pounds I still need to lose. Dr has to release me for exercise.......fingers crossed
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!