high fives

fist pumps

hell yeas!!!

tumblr_m1wzh3OOQf1r2e1lj.gif

S these guys crack me up!! :laugh: Thanks
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I really do appreciate the support! Amazing how if you stick with it changes do come about. We are hitting that time of year where the boards are going to be full of the cleanse and pill questions.

Hoping I look more like Mir next year when I bump this thread :wink: (well I will never be all tall and stuff:grumble: :laugh: )
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Well said!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Need to smack it in my head and read my own words@!:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I went to make coffee and took my muscle relaxer, advil and crestor(cholesterol) with my first cup of coffee. I ate nothing, just went to work.

Around 12 I was starving, so I stopped at Mcdonalds for a burger and fries, because it was easy.

I came home a 6pm and again, stopped off for some fast food. Maybe Boston Market or something 'good' for me.

I ate, cleaned a bit and went to lay down. 6-7 pm in bed, at 47 years of age, SEVEN PM!!

One year ago today I found my old MFP account. It started as a whim to lose 10 pounds FAST....what could I do, what could I take??? Checked on Ali....uh dont want to poo my pants. Others would make me jittery.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

I logged onto MFP and put in all of my food for the prior week:noway: I ate WHAT?? You see as a single meal it didnt seem bad, but looking at it as the enemy is is to my body....no way!

Well I lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise. Did I lose 10 pounds before 4th of July last year, hell no! But....over the next 6 months my life changed. Changed in a great way. I am off the cholesterol meds, no more muscle relaxers, cuz guess what? Exercise IS a muscle relaxer!!

I eat breakfast each morning, have snacks, eat veggies and hummus (shout out Tam!) and use good fats (shout out Banks!!) on my big plate of salad, and I LOVE IT!!

I go to bed at 9-10 and have a life with my family. I jump out of bed in the morning-my body LIFTS me because I treat it well.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

Make ONE choice today and stick with it.

If you want it fast, it will not last. :flowerforyou:

47 years old? It is like talking to myself here!! I will be 53 in less than a week. MFP has kept me from doing this alone. I lost another 10 pounds and am starting to feel even better.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing, I definitely relate
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    47 years old? It is like talking to myself here!! I will be 53 in less than a week. MFP has kept me from doing this alone. I lost another 10 pounds and am starting to feel even better.

Congrats on the additional 10 pound drop. I'm your age as well and have dumped 18.8 pounds since January 6th of this year. Feels great to be 52 and in shape!!!

Keep up the good work. I would be curious about the cholesterol medication. I stopped taking mine a few weeks ago after being on them for years as I have attacked my visceral fat. I'm going to get a blood test next month and again this summer to see if I am keeping my numbers low through the weight loss, diet, and exercise. How have your numbers been tracking without the meds? I didn't read the entire thread, but just the first page...

TIA
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    47 years old? It is like talking to myself here!! I will be 23 in less than a week. MFP has kept me from doing this alone. I lost another 10 pounds and am starting to feel even better.

I fixed that typo for you. 61D0BE83-2167-4E08-8195-5BC2E1867C2D_zpsrkwmfxbz.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Congrats on the additional 10 pound drop. I'm your age as well and have dumped 18.8 pounds since January 6th of this year. Feels great to be 52 and in shape!!!

Keep up the good work. I would be curious about the cholesterol medication. I stopped taking mine a few weeks ago after being on them for years as I have attacked my visceral fat. I'm going to get a blood test next month and again this summer to see if I am keeping my numbers low through the weight loss, diet, and exercise. How have your numbers been tracking without the meds? I didn't read the entire thread, but just the first page...

TIA

I had to go back on a low dose because it seems my heritage has more to do with the numbers than my eating habits. But that is better than 20mg!

Hoping when I get to the visceral fat this last 10 pounds, it may make a difference. fingers xx
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    47 years old? It is like talking to myself here!! I will be 23 in less than a week. MFP has kept me from doing this alone. I lost another 10 pounds and am starting to feel even better.

I fixed that typo for you. 61D0BE83-2167-4E08-8195-5BC2E1867C2D_zpsrkwmfxbz.gif

You know I :heart: you Thomas!! muah
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I had to go back on a low dose because it seems my heritage has more to do with the numbers than my eating habits. But that is better than 20mg!

Hoping when I get to the visceral fat this last 10 pounds, it may make a difference. fingers xx

Ah. I've got the biological history as well and was on the 40mg version. I'll see how my numbers do and if I have to go back, see if we can try a lower dosage first.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Ah. I've got the biological history as well and was on the 40mg version. I'll see how my numbers do and if I have to go back, see if we can try a lower dosage first.

I was amazed that the 5 mg crestor is doing the trick! Never been better with no side effects. very happy with that. Hope your numbers are fantastic!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting....I needed to see this today.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks for posting....I needed to see this today.

:flowerforyou:
  • Amy510w
    Amy510w Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Stumbled upon this, and I so needed to read these words. I need to remind myself, this weight didn't hop on overnight, nor will it fall off overnight. :o) I know I can do this!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Stumbled upon this, and I so needed to read these words. I need to remind myself, this weight didn't hop on overnight, nor will it fall off overnight. :o) I know I can do this!

You can SO do this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!