You can NOT get it fast....

Options

Replies

• blackchick38
    Options
    excellent story by far
  • LMBinUK
    Options
    arewethereyet....Thanks so much for you post and words of wisdom. I'm just starting out on my journey and I'm doing okay, and okay is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I should be proud of it!

I forget that sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    excellent story by far

it is not over yet!! :wink: It really does take a lifetime to be healthy,. Right now my weight is going UP.......not happy, but my fault.

As of today, I am back to healthy foods. Went shopping and all the veggies are chopped up. When I can exercise, I will!

Thanks for the compliment. Your story is likely just as good!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    arewethereyet....Thanks so much for you post and words of wisdom. I'm just starting out on my journey and I'm doing okay, and okay is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I should be proud of it!

I forget that sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

I love your walking ticker! I should do that too. I cant get my HR up for right now, but I can walk cant I!! NO excuses. Thanks for the reminder.

you should be PROUD of it all!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I went to make coffee and took my muscle relaxer, advil and crestor(cholesterol) with my first cup of coffee. I ate nothing, just went to work.

Around 12 I was starving, so I stopped at Mcdonalds for a burger and fries, because it was easy.

I came home a 6pm and again, stopped off for some fast food. Maybe Boston Market or something 'good' for me.

I ate, cleaned a bit and went to lay down. 6-7 pm in bed, at 47 years of age, SEVEN PM!!

One year ago today I found my old MFP account. It started as a whim to lose 10 pounds FAST....what could I do, what could I take??? Checked on Ali....uh dont want to poo my pants. Others would make me jittery.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

I logged onto MFP and put in all of my food for the prior week:noway: I ate WHAT?? You see as a single meal it didnt seem bad, but looking at it as the enemy is is to my body....no way!

Well I lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise. Did I lose 10 pounds before 4th of July last year, hell no! But....over the next 6 months my life changed. Changed in a great way. I am off the cholesterol meds, no more muscle relaxers, cuz guess what? Exercise IS a muscle relaxer!!

I eat breakfast each morning, have snacks, eat veggies and hummus (shout out Tam!) and use good fats (shout out Banks!!) on my big plate of salad, and I LOVE IT!!

I go to bed at 9-10 and have a life with my family. I jump out of bed in the morning-my body LIFTS me because I treat it well.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

Make ONE choice today and stick with it.

If you want it fast, it will not last. :flowerforyou:

I needed to re-read my own words. I am a bit frustrated getting the old bod to let loose of this extra 10 pounds ....I thought because it came on fast it would move faster.

Now I remember...........take my time and enjoy the ride. I have lose about 5 so far (the first 3 were sodium induced)

I am on my way
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    And have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I went to make coffee and took my muscle relaxer, advil and crestor(cholesterol) with my first cup of coffee. I ate nothing, just went to work.

Around 12 I was starving, so I stopped at Mcdonalds for a burger and fries, because it was easy.

I came home a 6pm and again, stopped off for some fast food. Maybe Boston Market or something 'good' for me.

I ate, cleaned a bit and went to lay down. 6-7 pm in bed, at 47 years of age, SEVEN PM!!

One year ago today I found my old MFP account. It started as a whim to lose 10 pounds FAST....what could I do, what could I take??? Checked on Ali....uh dont want to poo my pants. Others would make me jittery.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

I logged onto MFP and put in all of my food for the prior week:noway: I ate WHAT?? You see as a single meal it didnt seem bad, but looking at it as the enemy is is to my body....no way!

Well I lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise. Did I lose 10 pounds before 4th of July last year, hell no! But....over the next 6 months my life changed. Changed in a great way. I am off the cholesterol meds, no more muscle relaxers, cuz guess what? Exercise IS a muscle relaxer!!

I eat breakfast each morning, have snacks, eat veggies and hummus (shout out Tam!) and use good fats (shout out Banks!!) on my big plate of salad, and I LOVE IT!!

I go to bed at 9-10 and have a life with my family. I jump out of bed in the morning-my body LIFTS me because I treat it well.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

I needed to re-read my own words. I am a bit frustrated getting the old bod to let loose of this extra 10 pounds ....I thought because it came on fast it would move faster.

Now I remember...........take my time and enjoy the ride. I have lose about 5 so far (the first 3 were sodium induced)

I am on my way

Jeannie, you are beautiful and amazing!!! YOu can do this again!! Life has handed you some really difficult situations but you handled them and are moving on! You are still one of my great heros!!!

Donna:heart:
  • rdy2begin
    rdy2begin Posts: 170
    Options
    Love this post !! Thank You so much !!! And congrats ! :)
  • rdy2begin
    rdy2begin Posts: 170
    Options
    Love this post !! Thank You so much !!! And congrats ! :)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

I am on my way

Jeannie, you are beautiful and amazing!!! YOu can do this again!! Life has handed you some really difficult situations but you handled them and are moving on! You are still one of my great heros!!!

Donna:heart:

hugs Donna.....you are always so sweet to me and keep me encouraged! :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • km47
    km47 Posts: 34
    Options
    This is so great to hear. What a good message to those of us who struggle to get going. Whatever changes you make, they have to be forever. eating healthy, whether it shows up on the scale is the right thing to do. I realized how badly I was eating and that meant my kids were also eating badly. When I really paid attention to what was in my grocery cart, it was ridiculous. How was I going to teach my kids to treat their bodies well like this? I will say that good food does cost more. My grocery bill went from $175/week to $225 pretty quick, but we also cut out the quick runs to take out and drivethroughs so overall, it is probably a wash. But the kids are learning that an apple tastes really good as a snack. That if they throw some blueberries in the greek yoguart, it is like a sundae (almost!) and more satisfying later because they feel better. Oatmeal in the morning is better than a poptart. Don't get me wrong, it did not get their overnight. It is a process, but I have to hold my ground to teach them while I am teaching myself that taking care of our bodies will pay off big time as we get older and now, while we are the age we are, to better handle whatever life throws our way. It has been a battle at times, but the more I stick to my guns, the better I feel about myself and I like to think, the more respect my emerging adults (they are 11,13,14 and 15) they have for me. To any mothers out there that are fighting the current at home to eat healthy, stay the course. It is one of the more important lessons you can teach your kids.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    This is an awesome thread. I can so relate to the waking up with sore back and neck. Right there now. I will post next year when I beat this. You have really inspired me. THANK YOU!!!
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed the reminder that good choices lead to good results over the long haul.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

Wow. Reboot time! My food is back in order. Healthy yummy food. My weight is going down, but best of all I am thinking right again.

Without the exercise I am not feeling as 'good' as I did when I wrote this (was that really 4 years ago???:noway: ) A lot has happened in those 4 years, but this OP has encouraged me to get my exercise back in order.

I want to FEEL like this again:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    So here I am again! I am down the 15 I regained, and an additional 2. This is forever.

Feeling so much healthier and happier these days doing the things I know is good for me.

Happy New Year :flowerforyou:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Nice post. =)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Love THIS and I love YOU!!!!

xoxoxoxo
    high fives

fist pumps

hell yeas!!!

tumblr_m1wzh3OOQf1r2e1lj.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!