What was your small success today?

Options

Replies

• rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Options
    My small success today is that I actually got some exercise in. On another note, I really have started to take control of my eating and met with a friend to go over a diet plan based on eating whole foods. Excited to get healthy again after a year recovering from a car accident. Today was hard, but really good :)
  • rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Options
    I loved your post! Sorry he did that, but he did deserve a punch in the nose!!! LOL.. Good restraint girl! kEEP UP the awesome work.
  • karah_girl20
    Options
    Like many I went out to Lunch today and had a grilled chicken chibata (sp)? Sandwhich at Coco's, and usually I would inhale the entire thing. Knowing that it was high calories for one meal I decided to eat half for lunch and save the other half for dinner. And to my amazement I ate half slowly chatted with a friend over lunch and realized I was full and content and not shifting around uncomfortably and then about 5 hours later I came home and got to enjoy the delicious sandwhich again and not blowing my daily intake out of the water and more importantly I felt great ...No guilt. Minor sucess some may think but to many this is a huge step and lesson in portion control and will only help matters in long run. <3:smile: Congrats to everyone posting here on our sucesses big or small. * clap *
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Two hours on the elliptical today. I successfully drenched myself:-)
  • derbylea
    derbylea Posts: 22
    Options
    I did not eat the cookies left out on the staff room table today.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Although I really really did not want to and felt super tired, I did my aerobic workout in my living room for 60 minutes. And now... wide awake!
  • naddie7
    naddie7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Today makes 1 month of working-out with no long breaks, just a 1-2 days. Huge improvement considering I would take weeks off because of lack of motivation.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did NOT boredom eat today despite having lots of downtime. :-)
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Realized my XL pants are getting to big and im going to have to go down a size.
    That and my " upper leg fat" is missing! :)
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Realizing that fresh fruit has such a huge impact on my daily energy level. Ran out today and couldn't stay awake even with 7 servings of caffeine. Stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work and added a banana and some strawberries to my dinner. I felt better, and ready to workout, almost immediately. Never again.
  • Blade_Runner
    Options
    No chewing or spitting, and no binging or purging! Feeling confident and in control.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My small success was during dinner. I made one of my favorite foods, red beans and rice, and I managed to NOT eat the half the pot. I actually had about 2 cups, which is a huge step for me. I love red beans and rice so much that I would eat it even if I wasn't hungry. Lol.
  • ellesince1993
    Options
    i had to wait at the bus-stop for twenty minutes for the bus, outside KFC. and i didn't go in. AND it was lunch time, i went home and ate instead :)
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    Jogging two miles without stopping! (my goal is to consistantly jog 6 miles a day again!) One foot in front of the other.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    finally getting over this headache that lasted for 3 days in a row, on and off.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    completed a 35 minute run even though I wanted to quit after the first 10 minutes.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    instead of eating my lamb gyro pita bread, I fed it to some squirrels. Then dozens of squirrels came and I had to run away.

:laugh: I'll probably have nightmares about that one!

My small success was getting the dry half of my smaller pasture mowed today without tearing up the tractor or shredder deck. The other half was soaked by a broken water main that was repaired last night. Now I have to wait for it to dry before I mow.
  • gitrdone2012
    Options
    I was crossing the street (actually an avenue) and the light was about to change so I had to hurry, I was able to sprint across without getting winded or anything aching afterward. It was an awesome feeling. when I lose another 20 pounds I plan to make jogging part of my routine.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    completed a 35 minute run even though I wanted to quit after the first 10 minutes.

That stupid 1st mile stinks even when you've been running a while.
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I did not eat Wendy's for supper like the rest of my family...and I didn't even want it while they were eating it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!