Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Have fun today Amanda!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yep, Lori-- my wolf friend has berated me (ha) into faithfully checking for sugar on the label. They sneak it into freaking everything--

Kashi Nuggets, though, have no sugar. I love it.

Tamara-- gorgeous dress-- you're stunning. Congrats, my friend.

Cleaning like fiends today--

Later--
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am at my mom's house, just popping in for a minute.

Official 5K time was 35 minutes and 29 seconds. I finished 6th in my division. My goal was under 45 minutes, my really hopeful goal was under 40 minutes. I DID IT!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Official 5K time was 35 minutes and 29 seconds. I finished 6th in my division. My goal was under 45 minutes, my really hopeful goal was under 40 minutes. I DID IT!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Great Job!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Amanda that is just amazing!

WOOT! WOOT!!

:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options

Amanda-- I'm so proud of you-- you came back to us, got back on the ol' track and look at what you accomplished today--

You make the black team proud this day, woman!!!!!

Hugs from New Jersey-- :heart: :heart:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Thanks, I have to tell you when it was over I was in shock, sort of, I couldn't believe it, I just stood there and thought I did it, I really did it!!! :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    hey black team! a few months ago i posted on a thread about my goal piece of clothing. it was the dress that i bought for my bachelorette party in 2005. i had lost about 25 lbs and thought if i only lose a few more i could wear it. well, i didn't lose, i actually gained a few and couldn't wear it. then i got pregnant, etc, etc...and ended up at 200 lbs for 2 1/2 years. i've been trying on the dress periodically throughout my weight loss and it always just looked wrong. anyway, i tried it on this morning and it fits!! :drinker:
    047-2.jpg

Wow...wtg Beth ! You are smokin
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Great job Amanda!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Tamara, and Beth you both look wonderful! How exciting to fit into those dresses. Congratulations, your hard work is definitely paying off!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Amanda- your 5K is awesome. I need to stop saying I'm going to sign up for one and just do it.

I have had a boring day. 2 of the kids had soccer this morning. Another kid tripped our daughter when she was headed toward the goal with the ball and she hyperextended her knee. She crumpled to the ground instanly in pain. She plays soccer. She plays volleyball. We leave for Disney in 6 days. Not cool.

She's walking on it some now, but it's not great. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she didn't tear anything. She's too young to start with knee problems, they stick with you for the rest of your life.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Tamara-You look amazing in your sexy black dress! They say all women need a sexy black dress to wear everywhere!

Lori-Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is ok.

Amanda-Way to go on your 5K. You have done your team proud!

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend. I got to work my 12 1/2 hours today so I am good. Tired but good. I now have 4 days off. Time to reassess my diet/lifestyle change and get it in gear. I also need to start jogging again. I want so bad to run a 5K myself but I gotta start here at home first. I told my DH that I wanted us(meaning him and myself) to run a 5K. All he could say is why. I told him that since he wanted US to run so much that we should work our way up to it. I think it would be great motivation and make us feel good too. Take care fellow teammates and have a great night and Sunday too!
  • renae77
    Options
    well that didn't work....sorry................
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Amanda- Congrats on your 5k...I'm so proud of you!!!

Lori- Sorry to hear about your daughter; hope her injury isn't too serious.
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    It's almost midnight and I'm at work. Signing off for the night. Been trying to read up on all of you. Congrats on everyone that's been doing great and fitting into those clothes they (thought) they would never be able to wear again.
    I plan on getting up and going to the gym in the morning.
    Everyday is a good day, because I make it that way:)

G'Night!
    :tongue:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Jeannie, I don't think I officially welcome you to MFP!! So welcome! :smile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh my-- Little Miss Muffett over here, was just reaching for a cupcake--

Along came a spider and crawled down my arm-- a huge icky thing-- totally freaked me out-- especially when I found that I hadn't knocked it totally away, it was still crawling down the front of my nightshirt!

I finally swatted it to the floor and considered that a really good sign that the cupcake was obviously quite ill-advised-- :noway:

Yeesh-- nite all-- :sick: :yawn:
  • renae77
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Just dropping in to say HI!!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Along came a spider and crawled down my arm-- a huge icky thing-- totally freaked me out-- especially when I found that I hadn't knocked it totally away, it was still crawling down the front of my nightshirt!

I finally swatted it to the floor and considered that a really good sign that the cupcake was obviously quite ill-advised-- :noway:

ew, marla, that just gave me the heebie-jeebies....spiders (and pretty much any kind of bug) freak me out :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

ew, marla, that just gave me the heebie-jeebies....spiders (and pretty much any kind of bug) freak me out :noway:

Be careful what you pray for:laugh:

I would never eat a cupcake again:embarassed: ...........I am terrified of spiders.