Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was Combat HiiT Power and PiYo Define Upper Body. That was a good combo! Upper body and core are feeling the love of those workouts this morning.

Laurel, Interesting results going from RWH to the GS workouts. Good to know that those RWH workout really do increase your strength. I'm looking forward to trying those workouts when I'm finished with this Combat rotation. I will say that some of the moves in PiYo are different, and I think that I just have to understand what she is asking me to do. There was one move last night that hurt my knees a little, so I know I was doing the move wrong. I have to get through all of the workouts before I determine how much I really like them, but I'm really feeling the moves in the core.

Tami, So Katy isn't giving the newbies any breaks now! :D Did you get some new people in your class? I like putting the PiYo workouts with the Combat, they really do work very well together, so it makes me thing that putting them with the RWH workouts might be a good thing too. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on those workouts. Hope that tightness goes away. Hope the town hall meeting was a interesting one. Still amazes me that feeling those DOMS makes me happy. I don't know that feeling your core muscles when you laugh is fun or not! :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,877 Member
    Hi Ladies! I had the kind of workout today that had me saying 'that was great!' at the end. I love those kinds of workouts. I started with Gym Style Legs which is always a good one. Then, for cardio, I did X10 Circuit Blast right into Insanity Max 30 Tabata Power. <3<3 This was such a great combo. The X10 workout actually worked perfectly as a 'warm up' for the actual warm up for Insanity (which starts with jumping jacks). This Insanity workout was structured in traditional tabata style (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest) to work different parts of the body. The first section (each section was about 4 minutes long) was legs (various lunges and such), then chest/arms (push-ups), then lower body power (power jumps), core and, finally, triceps. The final section was a combo of moves from each section and then one minute of power jumps. I loved this workout! It kept my heart rate up throughout but I never felt like I was going to die. And, once again, I could do the moves!! Very happy with these Insanity workouts!!

Tami, sounds like a good Katy class!! Like Laurie said, guess she isn't taking it easy anymore for the newcomers. Bet it felt good! Thanks again for your info on this Insanity series which convinced me to get it. I am loving it. I think I needed a little 'kick in the butt' and Shaun T. is just the guy to do it. Between this and RWH, I am one happy home exerciser!

Thelma, great workout combo! That lower body circuit workout is a tough one. Hope your shoulder starts feeling better.

Laurie, great workout combo for you too! Thanks for the info on the PiYo workouts. That you are feeling the moves in your core has my ears perked up again. If there is one thing I have learned this year through these two moves is that I want to keep my core strong! It saved me 100 times over in so many different ways. I think that is one of the reasons I am going to give the P90X/X2 rotation another go.......because both programs (especially X2) work the core so well. Maybe I will see how patient I am with those workouts (especially doing yoga once a week), and if I stick with it try PiYo.

Erika, I forgot to answer your question about how these new Insanity workouts rate next to Cathe's Tabata workout. These are different. Cathe is so structured in her workouts, and these aren't as structured. I think Cathe's structure makes her workouts feel less intense to me. This isn't a bad thing, that's for sure....since she is so good with her form. But these workouts (as I stated above) start with high impact moves in the warm up, so they feel very different to me. Because of how Cathe structures her workouts, I feel like I can and will do them all the time. These Insanity Max workouts, like Insanity and Asylum, are 'once in awhile or for a rotation only' workouts......if that makes any sense at all.

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~This a.m. was Insanity Max 30 Cardio Blast ~ Which at 5:00 a.m. is quite a wake up call for the body! :o Right out of the shoot you are in it! :p I felt a bit like Katy’s class and then some when I realized we were still just in the warm-up! I did like the workout though and felt happy about the shorter time frame of 30 min. Once my body got warmed up it felt great and was good stuff there TOUGH as Laurel said the other day but good. DH is headed down fishing with a friend so I have the house to myself tonight. Planning on a “part 2” for workouts but not sure what yet. He was teasing me this a.m. that I “only did 30 min” of working out. Funny that he noticed, I think because he was up early for a meeting today.

Thelma: I realized on the comments from Laurie & Laurel about the newbies at the gym I totally forgot to respond to that question last week from you. No, Katy is not showing any mercy for the newbies at the gym at all. One guy is really large and modifies all the time, it is so great that he is there & she personally coaches him through a lot of the exercises. The other night she had us continue running after our lines were done so he didn’t finish alone. She wasn’t exactly nice about it to the class (yelling at us to get back on the line) but the “point” of her having us do that was very nice I thought. LOL If that makes sense. Fun!??! Yes, it was fun but there were a few moments of not so much when we were all done and had to run another 3 sets of sprints. It was one of my higher scores on the ol HRM readings! Another great combo with that Lower Body Circuit and TUY Cardio, you put in some time last night with those two. Way to get it done.

Laurie: Awesome combo for you last night with Combat & PiYo again! Nicely done. I bet you are feeling it forsure in the upper body and core. I did notice on the several workouts I did of PiYo that you do have to kind of understand what she is asking you to do because you aren’t exactly able to look at the tv in some of them. More than “one play” through for me will help; like all of them. Katy is definitely not giving the newbies breaks! She wonders why they sometimes don’t come back. LOL she scares them right out of there I think. I’m the same way when I get DOMs, I love it! My left shoulder is having a little more than my right from some special push-ups we did in Insanity and KB swings with a 35 lb + squat with thrust overhead with heavy weight too. My shoulders were very tight yesterday; better today. . . .

Laurel: You’re welcome on that info that put you right into ordering with Insanity Max 30! I was thinking this a.m., “what was Laurel’s review on this one?” Fun? TOUGH but Fun? Was that it? lol I agree on the TOUGH and I think when I got to the middle portion I was thinking it was more fun. The moves are all doable forsure. Super sonic speed on some . . . The jab-jab, tuck jump, tuck jump comes to mind forsure. By round 3 I was speeding it up the best I could but still not as fast as ST. There was another one too but I can’t think of it right now. The Tabata workout sounds amazing! Maybe I will plug that one in tonight after work. We will see. Seriously GOOD ON YA for your workout combo today! :) Aren’t we lucky ladies to have access to all these amazing workouts right at home! Love it! I agree. I’m with you on always keeping my core in shape for no matter what I am doing. I think that is so important and even for me, just being able to go out play 6 games of volleyball each time our league starts and not be dying like a lot of the other ladies or my back hurting, etc. It’s so nice. I know all of the workouts I do are representative of this but so much of everything stems from good core work! ;)

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ I will talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Ladies, spinning for me tonight. There was no time for yoga but thankfully my shoulders are feeling MUCH better and pretty normal. I think I might have been causing the problem by over stretching.
    The town hall meeting was pretty good. I had never been to one and since the subject was important to me. I got up and asked questions and the funny thing is that it was televised. I was so nervous because I hate speaking in public and the first time I spoke my voice sounded like I was going to cry. The second time I was back and in command of my voice! LOL. There are two other meetings scheduled for next week on Tuesday and Wednesday I believe which we'll have to attend so my workouts will be short probably.
    I was just looking for chair workouts and it turns out there are a lot of workouts in YouTube including yoga ones. I'm getting so scared of the pain! I'm stocking up on ice packs! I just ordered 2 large ice packs and also a leg elevator cushion. I have a cushion from last surgery but it wasn't comfortable so I hope this works out. At least I'll have time to try it before the surgery. Also, my crutches replacement parts arrived and Ray (DH) will do the replacement this weekend.

Laurie, you are on FI-YA with those workouts girl! Glad you're feeling so much better! How are those DOMS feeling? thanks for the kudos on my workouts!

Laurel, you super woman! Today's workout sounds wonderful! Glad you're liking the Insanity workouts.

Tami, I'm not sure that I could do one of those Insanity workouts first thing in the morning! That is only because I no longer workout in the mornings but I can see how that would wake up. Funny your husband noticed the length of your workout but did he check out the intensity of your workout?
    I can't believe Katy is not showing mercy for the newbies! Very nice of her to be coaching that large guy on how to modify and for making you guys "finish" with him! No wonder your HRM score was so high! LOL
    Since I've been doing these yoga workouts I've been working out about two hours when the yoga workouts are over one hour. I do my Cathe RWH workout first or spinning then yoga, then stretching.
    Good night ladies and have a wonderful weekend! We're expecting a winter storm on Saturday!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Combat 30 - Kick Start and Ab Attack where my workouts last night. So glad that those where short, because I didn't have a lot of time after I got home. Had a dentist appt. after work, so that cut into my time.

Laurel, Great workouts, and to think that the X10 workouts are now a warm-up for you! :D I bet you really where glad that your core was strong with all the lifting you need to do during a move. Sounds like you are ready to try that your hybrid rotation. Have you been at all interested in the P90X3 workouts. Since getting the RWH, felt that I really didn't need more Tony workouts, but he is so fun to workout with. ;) I'm glad that you are enjoying those Insanity workouts so much. I bet that they are tough, Shaun just seems to be able to do that really well.

Tami, Sounds like you and Tami are really having fun with those Insanity workouts. I like the fact that they are shorter, the original set can be way to long sometimes. We don't realize how much those spouses of ours really do pay attention to how long we work out. My DH said on one occasion that my workout was really long that day. I'm hoping that I will start to understand what Chalene is asking me to do with another run through. ;) Dang on the kettlebell, I only have a 15# one, and that one can give me enough DOMS!

Thelma, Good for you getting up there and stating your opinion. I think I would have a hard time knowing that it was televised also. I hope that you will not need all those ice packs, but good job on getting yourself ready. My DOMS keep changing places, guess it depends on what workouts I have done from day to day. Now my punching muscles are feeling it from yesterdays workouts. :D

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I ended the week with a good workout duo. I started with STS Total Body....a workout that never gets easier! I did lift heavier than usual in a few areas, but my muscles were quivering at the end. I followed it with Cathe's Greatest Hits workout, which felt so fun today.

Tami, I can't imagine tackling these Insanity workouts first thing in the morning! Like you said, the warm up is tough enough. But I am glad you enjoyed it. I don't remember how I described it, but I know the word 'tough' was definitely used. :p I have never been able to keep up with Shaun T. on tuck jumps. He is just crazy. But I try my best. One of the things I really liked about the Tabata workout I did is that he varies the speed of the moves, sometimes slowing them down. I really liked that variety.....not to mention surprised by it since he doesn't often slow down a workout! Completely agree with everything you said about core work!!!!

Thelma, speaking in public is not a thing I look forward to either. And I did speech competitions in high school! Go figure. But good job getting up and voicing your thoughts! Great job getting in a workout in as well. Hope you don't stress out too much about your upcoming surgery. I know.....easier said than done. But having some chair workouts available is such a great idea!

Laurie, great workouts! Hope the dentist wasn't too bad. I have been interested in P90X3, to be honest. In fact, I almost bought it when I got the new Insanity workouts. But I want to try my older Tony workouts one more time before trying something new. This will be my 3rd rotation of X2 and my 4th of P90X. Not sure if I will want to do another rotation of either after this (kind of how I feel about the original Insanity after 3 or 4 rotations), so I may move on to P90X3. But like Shaun T., I enjoy Tony too much to give him up completely. ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend. We are headed to my in-laws tomorrow for a dinner/dance in their community. Then Sunday will be baking for a bake sale at DH's school. So busy but fun weekend ahead.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well as plans often change, mine did last night. DH decided he was too busy with work to break away in the afternoon and miss today as well for fishing so he was at home last night. It was good, I made a good dinner since I wasn’t rushed and we watched a basketball game. This a.m. was STS Total Body ~ which truly no matter how many times I have done this workout I don’t get tired of it. Tonight will be Spinning after work.

Thelma: Great job with the Spinning last night!! I am happy to hear your shoulders are doing much better, that’s fantastic news. Congrats on speaking up at your town hall meeting, that’s great. I know, right?!?! On the Insanity @ 5:00 a.m. OK, you will chuckle at this … he didn’t notice the intensity of the workouts but he did say “no running in the house” LOL one of the sets is suicide drill into burpee back and forth; its only a few steps and burpee but it sounded on our wood floors like I was running laps! It was funny. Stay warm and safe with your winter storm! :)

Laurie: Nice that the workouts were perfect timing since you didn’t have a lot of just that! Nicely done getting it in. I really like the fact that those workouts are shorter too; I am looking forward to trying more of them very soon I hope. Yes, that KB felt very heavy by round 3 that night! My shoulder is hardly sore today thank goodness. ;)

Laurel: What an awesome combo today! I bet it was tons of fun for you. Glad to hear he moves quickly to you too! I remember the other one; punch, punch (4 times) high knees (4 times); I can of course do these moves but he makes them almost simultaneous. LOL Sounds like a fun weekend planned! Enjoy :)

Have a great weekend ladies!! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend. I was not feeling well on Friday so I gave myself off. Then on Saturday I practiced with the crutches and my shoulders didn't like it at all so I got all depressed about it and decided to have a lazy afternoon while I was doing laundry. In the afternoon I noticed my kitty Bella going in and out of the litter box but didn't bother to check the box. As I was getting ready to go do my workout she did it again and this time I checked the litter box and there was a tiny clump. I knew then we had to rush her to the ER. In the middle of the storm we got in the car at about 5:45PM and went to the ER. They think she has idiopathic cystitis so she was sent home with meds. So no workout for me on Saturday either.
    We are expecting a blizzard starting Monday night into Wed morning!
    Thank you all for cheering me on about the public speaking! There is another meeting scheduled for Tuesday night but I'm sure that will get postponed.
    My shoulders felt better this morning but as soon as I tried the crutches it happened again. It's the front of the shoulder that doesn't want to deal with me walking on crutches. I am very aware of rolling my shoulders back now so I'm doing that when I with the crutches. Hopefully my shoulders will be Ok by the time I have surgery.

Laurie, good job for getting a short work out in when you didn't have much time! How are those DOMS feeling now? I never thought I'd get up and voice my opinion at the town hall meeting. I'm glad I did because this is one of those things I would've been mad at myself for if I hadn't done it.

Laurel, what a great combo you did on Friday! Good for you for going heavier too!
    I can't believe you did speech competitions in high school! I don't think I'd ever relax about public speaking. I hope I can relax about the surgery!

Tami, sounds like you had a nice evening with your DH! Great workouts!
    I jinxed myself last week when I said my shoulders were better! I am glad I'm getting to practice walking on crutches ahead of time though. I've also practiced going down the stairs on my behind. I need to practice going up the stairs too. Funny that your husband thought you were running inside the house when you were doing your Insanity workout! LOL
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Friday's workouts where Combat HiiT Plyo and PiYo Sweat, Saturday Combat 45 and PiYo Define Upper Body and yesterday was Combat Warrior 2 Lower Body and PiYo Define Lower Body. As I'm getting used to these PiYo workouts they are getting better to understand. I am making an effort to be sure that I'm engaging and feeling the muscles that she indicates. Makes for some sore, but happy muscles.

Laurel, Love that STS Total Body! Glad to hear that your muscles where quivering. According to Chalene that is a good thing even in the PiYo workouts. :D So when my muscle is doing that, I know that I am making progress. Dentist was a good one, and they where very pleased with my teeth. It appears that we only get x-rays every two years now, which I'm fine with. Wow four rounds of P90X, I really need to pull those out again, maybe after I do a month of RWH. The more I do these Combat workouts, I'm getting more confident of trying out the RWH ones. I'm interested in the P90X3's, since they are running the commercials now. :D I will wait until they have them on sale, might have to wait a while.

Tami, Great job on your STS Total Body workout also. Sounds like you had a very relaxing dinner and evening with your DH. I had to start making a dinner menu for home, I was getting way to many things in the pantry. I'm slowly getting all the cans of tomato products down to a good minimum. :D Funny thing, the girls look at the list and have decided what evenings they will be home for dinner. :D Last night was apparently a hit with chicken enchiladas. :o

Thelma, Sorry to hear that your Bella is sick, and that you had to rush her to the ER. You where on a way more important mission than your workouts, that is for sure. They will be there when you have the time. I had heard this morning that you are suppose to get hit with a blizzard in that area. Take care, it sure sounds like it isn't going to be fun. I'm still feeling DOMS, but they seem to be moving around my body depending on the workout. :D:D First time that I have done that lower body workout, and it was a tough one. I was bending over at the same point that some of the people in the workouts, so that made me feel pretty good that they where in the same situation.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Had a busy but fun weekend. Really enjoyed Saturday evening at the in-laws. The dinner/dance we went to was a cancer benefit, and those types of events always leave me with a better perspective on life, that's for sure. Yesterday was spent baking for DH's students. It took me about 8 hours to do everything, but I must admit.....baking is a labor of love for me. Especially when I can package everything up nice and pretty and send it out of the house! :)

So Saturday was my usual day off, which felt nice. Yesterday started with RWH Plyo HiiT Two followed by X10 Step. I liked this combo. I followed it with Legs and Glutes and the core work from KPC. Today was RWH Lift It Hit It Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Tami inspired me to try the extreme premix (the one with four sets of each exercise plus finishers). It was tough but I enjoyed it! I followed it with Core Two. For cardio, I started with X10 Hi/Lo and then did Insanity Max 30 Friday Fight. Yowza!! This was the toughest of the Insanity workouts in this set I have done so far. Only 2 breaks (30 seconds) in the workout. I enjoyed it but it certainly pushed me to the max! Was absolutely dripping at the end. I can't imagine how these workouts will feel when it actually gets hot here!!

Tami, glad you enjoyed a nice evening with your DH. Had me laughing, though, about running inside. I can only imagine how my workouts sound throughout the house! My DH had me laughing Saturday night when he suggested I get on the dance floor and show off my Cathe moves! Um.....i don't think so! :p Thanks for inspiring me to do the Extreme premix for LIHI C/S/T. What a great workout!

Thelma, sorry to hear about your kitty! I hope she is okay. No harm in taking a couple days off your workouts. Your body probably needed it since you take so very few days off. I was thinking about you this morning with the storm headed your way. I hope both you and your DH are able to stay in where it is safe and warm. Sounds like an epic storm. Be careful!

Laurie, great workouts this weekend! I am glad to hear you are enjoying these PiYo workouts. I am also glad to hear you are feeling well enough to contemplate trying these RWH workouts. I think I will stick with them for another few weeks before moving on to Tony Horton. These Lift It Hit It workouts are so good I am not nearly ready to move on from them yet!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited January 2015
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was good. I took a REST day on Saturday, I actually felt I needed it and so it was good. Was able to do my regular chores & errands around the house and in the afternoon we went to the Gonzaga University Basketball game . . . they have an amazing team this year, ranked like #3 I think in the nation right now. At any rate, a friend of my husbands is a big supporter and had box seats, so we had a great time. Yesterday was back at it with RWH Plyo HiiT Two + X10 Step and then volleyball. We won all 6 games, it was very fun. BootCamp tonight, since I did my Monday “snooze” action. :\

Thelma: Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well. Hope little Bella is feeling better now with her meds?!? Yes, you will definitely need some cooperation with your shoulders when you are on those crutches for real. Hopefully they will be feeling better & you can continue practicing. Stay safe and warm during that storm. YIKES. It sounds like a big one. We are having unusually warm temps (50’s) and it’s like spring, very strange for us. The snow is all melting like crazy. . . but we haven't had a lot of that this year either. Strange winter for us.

Laurie: Great job with the continued success and completion of amazing workouts!!!! Nicely done. Glad to hear you are getting used to the PiYo workouts too. That is a great idea to make a menu for dinners. I try to mentally plan it out but then I veer off track sometimes or don’t feel like making what I had planned. I go in phases being really organized about it and then not; if DH has a lot of evening plans and not home I tend to not cook as much. I can eat pretty simply and minimal so not a lot of prep time is needed. LOL I actually made a pot roast in crock pot yesterday thinking it would be a great dinner to have for 2 nights; at least for him and I wouldn't worry much. Well my crock pot completely dried it out . . . horribly. It was on low for only 6 hrs and it was leather. :s so disappointed. I think it's my crock pot - cooks really hot. I tried to go less time but just didn't work out.

Laurel: Sounds like you had a great weekend and yet keep raising the bar on those workouts! I am now officially scared to try Max 30 Friday Fight . . . I read and heard his description when I was looking into them and I know there are a few of them that are just like what you are saying. Yikes. This will most likely not be a 5:00 a.m. workout for me on that one; when I do end up trying it. LOL I’m glad you liked that pre-mix, you’re welcome! I think it is a great one. Tomorrow a.m. I have that planned, looking forward to it. So after this rotation you will start your P90X rotation?

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening! Talk to you tomorrow.
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! RWH Low Impact I and TUY Strength tonight. The snow started at about 4PM in my town. So far it's only light snow but it is sticking. The stuff will come down after mid-night. We are in state of emergency. DH works for a university and they will be closed tomorrow. I on the other hand will have to wait till tomorrow morning to find out if my job will be closed. My boss told us to bring work home in case the company opens tomorrow. DH told me that the area where I work is going to get hit pretty bad so hopefully I won't have to work tomorrow.
    My Bella seems to be feeling better and that makes me very happy.

Laurie, WTG! You're doing great with your workouts! Are you sure you're not back 100% yet? Good job! Moving DOMS is a good sign! They move according to the workout of the day as opposed to staying in the same spot!

Laurel, glad you had a nice weekend and how sweet of you to do all that baking for your husband's students! Killer workouts yesterday and today! Nice! I'm sure doing those workouts in the summer will feel extremely hot.
    I think my body needed the days off. My Bella seems better at least we got her to eat tonight which is really good.

Tami, I'm glad you too had a nice weekend! Yesterday cardio combo sound like a really intense one! Congrats on winning all 6 games yesterday!
    My baby Bella is doing better. We think the meds were making her feel sick so the vet had me stop them today. I hope she'll be better tomorrow. I am worried about my shoulders not agreeing with the crutches. I'll keep practicing. We'll stay safe at home tomorrow. DH will be going out in stages with the snow blower. We have plenty of food for us and the cats. You are having warm temps! It was 10 degrees this morning here.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was Combat 60 and PiYo Sweat. I was in one of those "I don't want to workout moods", but I got it done anyway. Actually it really was should I do the PiYo workout, and I'm glad that I did, even though it made for a long workout. Funny thing, DH was able to handle the dinner last night. I think that maybe I will have one day a week that he is able to make the dinner. It was nice. :)

Laurel, Wow you had a busy weekend! Those Insanity workouts really sound good. I don't think that I will be getting them, but they do sound good. I think that I will be trying out some of the premixes during this Combat rotation. I am not ready to give up these Combat workouts just yet (my dd said that my legs where looking awesome :) ), but the HiiT workouts are very similar to Cathe's. I think that Cathe's are better though. This week they have the same workout twice, (HiiT Power) I think that I will change one of those to the RWH HiiT Upper Body.

Tami, Congrats on the volleyball wins! Great job on your workouts, and taking the day off. Sometimes we just don't want to do that, but our body's really need it some days. Sorry to hear about your roast, that must have been very disappointing. I would say that your crock pot has a problem. ;) I'm going to try to do at least one crock pot during the week. I have chili on the menu for tomorrow, and DH scheduled a eye appointment for our youngest that same evening. Our oldest was disappointed that there might not be chili. I will get it all together when I get home from dance class tonight, then put it in the crock pot when we leave for the eye appoint. Sure is interesting to see the reactions of my family to our menu. :D

Thelma, Hope you where able to stay home today. We don't usually have snow days off at my job. Glad to hear that Bella is doing better. Great job on the workouts. Yep I'm feeling so much better, and I'm really praying that it stays that way. Just wish my body would cooperate. :) I was a little worried about my shoulders, but the tightness that I had is gone this morning. Guess I might have been tightening up my shoulders more than I should have during my workout.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    edited January 2015
    Hi Ladies! we've gotten over 20 inches of snow. We live next to Framingham, MA that got 30 inches so I'm thinking we've gotten more than the 20.5 inches someone is claiming we got.acpu4ysvdyf8.jpg
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Like Laurie was feeling yesterday, I was having one of those 'I don't want to workout' days today but managed to put together a workout nonetheless. I started with Lift It Hit It Legs and did the premix that added the core work in throughout the workout. I liked that but think I prefer the 'normal' workout on this one more because of the cardio factor. With the core mixed in, I felt it wasn't cardio at all. So, for cardio, I decided on a long, low intensity steady state workout after all the craziness I have been doing with X10, RWH and Insanity. I did Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix, and it made for a very nice change. I feel much more energetic now than I did before my workout, that's for sure.

Tami, glad you enjoyed a day off on Saturday. Great workout Sunday and great job with the volleyball!! Sorry to hear about your pot roast. Dry roast is no fun at all. I think I will start P90X in the next few weeks. I am not sure if it will right at the end of this rotation (which for me is over next week) or if I will wait another week or two. I think I will probably know if I am ready to move on only after next week's workouts. Right now I still feel like I am learning RWH a, so it seems weird to move on already.

Thelma, hope you aren't being hit too hard by this storm. My BIL lives on the NH/Mass border, and he has really been hit hard. So I hope if you have been hit hard, you are home safe and sound. Glad to hear your kitty is feeling better. Poor thing. Great workouts yesterday!

Laurie, like I said above, I completely understand the 'I don't want to workout' sentiment you had yesterday! Great job at putting together a good long routine despite that. I try to plan my meals for the week as well, but, like Tami, my menus are always subject to change. I really wish I could learn to love cooking! The good thing is my DH will eat anything, so he doesn't really care what I make. We were describing out diet to my MIL this weekend and she said it just wouldn't work for her (she likes meat and potatoes....which aren't for me at all). Glad my DH adapted to my style of eating, that's for sure!

Have a good day!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a full class last night in BootCamp + a sub-instructor but all was good. She did a different mix of things and it went by pretty fast. This a.m. was RWH Lift It Hit It Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (extreme pre-mxi w/ the add-ons) and tonight will be Insane-X.

Thelma: That snow is pure craziness!! OMG. We had snow like that one year but not with the winds on top of it. WOW. I was listening to all the news and it sounds like a lot of areas are shut down. I wondered if you would be at work today. Great job with the workout last night and I am so happy to hear Miss Bella is feeling better. Sounds like you guys are prepared if you get “snowed in” keep safe!

Laurie: Great job with the workout combo again!! I really liked the PiYO Sweat workout when I tried that one! Nicely done and glad you pushed yourself into doing it! Thanks for the kudos on the wins at Volleyball. Its always fun when you win; but our team has fun anyway. OMG, I know my crockpot needs to be replaced I think. It has done this to me forever and if I am home, I can turn it off way earlier. I am going to just get a new one so that the idea of set it, leave it and all will be good can happen. LOL

Laurel: I am happy to hear that you do have “one of those days” once and a while, you still did an amazing job with your workout combo! Nice job. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. You didn’t comment on my “fearfulness” of that Insanity workout . . . must mean I should be scared! Ha Ha ….. it won’t be my next one to try forsure. I think my plan will be to finish up this January rotation and then into the RWH/XT combo rotation. I’ll mix in some new Insanity as well.

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! We're still pretty buried in my town. Even the plow trucks are getting stuck in driveways. DH claims to like running the snow blower. He spent hours going around this big, old house with the roof rake. The house has multi roof levels and the process is really slow. The snow was up to his waist in some spots. Later on in the afternoon he shoveled his way to the shed, got the blower going and about 1/2 hour into the job the thing died! Thankfully he knew what it was and fixed it. Then he started to dig the cars out and the telescopic car rake handle broke! YIKES! He still has a lot to do. My company announced a late opening. I am going to work from home. We live in a town with narrow roads. You should see the snow banks!
    It was a long work day for me. Bella hasn't felt well all day so I've been offering her room service (bring food to her wherever she's at) all day long. The vet had me stop the meds yesterday cause she didn't feel well but it was clear they were helping. I restarted the meds today again. One of those meds makes her nauseous and she's not eating. We're giving her baby food now and I'm syringing unflavored pedialyte into her mouth.

I didn't have a chance to workout today. Miss Bella took up my time. I was up and down the stairs offering her food, giving her meds and syringing water into her.

Laurie, great job with those workouts! Glad your husband was able to handle dinner. I don't know what I would do without my DH handling our weeknight dinners! Are your shoulders tight because of the PiYo workouts? Could be that you're leading with the shoulders on pushups. The office building was close for us but we were expected to work. I was hoping for a freebie!

Laurel, good for you for getting in such an awesome workout! we got hit pretty hard last night. I got up at about 5AM to give Bella her inhale and everything was buried. It really came down pretty fast after midnight. We got about 2ft. I read a lot of people in MA are without power and that the travel ban will be lifted at midnight.

Tami, awesome workouts! Was the sub instructor as tough as Katy is? The snow was pretty bad. Thankfully the storm happened after midnight when most people were home. The travel ban started at 7PM last night. Essential vehicles only! Everybody at work has laptops so no excuse for people not to work from home if they had power. My boss told us yesterday to take work home, otherwise; we'd have to take a vacation day!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

It was my rest day yesterday, and it was funny that I had to force myself not to do a workout. I was thinking of doing a PiYo workout, but glad that I didn't. Got home from dance class and got the chili prepped for today. DH was kind of confused as to what I was doing. :D

Laurel, I kind of figured you ladies would understand that feeling. I'm glad to hear that we both pushed play. :D I really want to try that premix with the ab work in-between. It has to be a lot like doing Bootcamp. LOL about your DH eating anything. The only thing I have to watch is legumes, he really doesn't like them. I do put them into things, but he will pick them out. :D My in-laws are meat and potato also. The only time we eat that way is when we are with them.

Tami, Great workouts! That PiYo Sweat workout actually makes you sweat! :D After doing them a couple of times, I am way better with the poses. I will be trying the Core workout this week, I know that I have not tried that one yet. I have two slow cookers, they are the older ones without the timers on them. When one of my cookers decides to quit, I really want one with the timer.

Thelma, That is a lot of snow! Those storms are not fun afterward with having to shovel and snow blow it all out of the way. Hope Bella starts doing better with the meds. You are a good "Mom" to her. Could be that was the problem with the shoulders, but it did go away, so I think that I was looking up at the tv to much to see what Chalene was doing. Now that I know the moves better, I have not been feeling the tightness.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Felt much better about working out today than I did yesterday, that's for sure. Guess I needed a little 'break' from the intensity. So today started with RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I did the extreme premix (four sets) and loved it! It just flew by. For cardio, since I lowered the intensity yesterday, I did Cathe's Intensity today ;) with the BC portion. Always love that workout.

Tami, sounds like a good BC class, even with a different instructor. I don't think you need to be afraid of Friday Fight at all. It actually reminded me of Insanity's Pure Cardio (the shorter one that isn't interval training) but with some tougher moves. I definitely think you may not want to try it first time at 5:00am though! It might be a bit much for a cold body. I am actually glad I did another short workout leading into it so I was completely warm for all the impact.....especially since there is no break at all for the first 15 minutes of the workout. I will be interested in how you like the RWH/XT rotation. I think I have decided to save that one for when I am done with P90X.

Thelma, yowza on the snow! I imagine it is going to be a mess for some time. Hope Bella is okay. Sounds like a rough day yesterday for both you and your kitty.

Laurie, I laughed when you said you had to convince yourself not to workout. Isn't it funny how one 'down' day can be followed by such a strong desire to workout? I was like that today too! The core workout added into these RWH really does make them feel like Bootcamp workouts....especially the Upper Body Circuit workout. I like the option for these workouts, especially since she adds core moves from both her core workouts into the mix. Feels very balanced to me that way.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Insanity workout was cxld. Poor Katy is sick is why she is “MIA” right now. I guess since last weekend. At any rate, I luckily got a txt from a friend at the gym so I headed home. This a.m. was RWH Legs + Ab work. I did the pre-mix with all legs, cardio then at the very end finished up with Abs. Tonight will be Spinning (probably a sub).

Thelma: That snow sounds intense! Glad you were able to work from home. Poor Bella, I hope things improve soon for her. I am sure you are worried about her. . . naturally. Its always scary when our 4-legged children our sick. Our sub-instructor was not as tough as Katy, definitely not. Nobody seems to top her training method(s)! LOL

Laurie: Nice job on forcing yourself to NOT do a workout! I understand that feeling many times. PiYO Sweat did do just that. I remember it being my biggest calorie burn of the ones I did. I just liked the moves, etc. too. I think I will definitely look at getting a new crock pot this weekend. Maybe Costco will have a good one?!

Laurel: Great job today and getting right back into that intensity! Nice work. Thanks for the encouragement on that workout! LOL Glad I double checked with you. Yes, after a nice warm up of something else maybe it will be perfect. When I get into that rotation, I will definitely keep you all posted. I think it will be a good one. I have just next week left of this January rotation, which I have also really enjoyed. A nice “prelude” to that new one.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami