Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, RWH Legs tonight. Good one. The entire RWH programs is awesome. I can't speak about the plyo one but I'm sure it's great. We lucked out with the snow. We got a dusting! When I left work today I noticed some melting had taken place. Back cold tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow I have my preop appointments. I spoke with a lady at work who's had a bunionectomy and she said that she was put on a cast 2 weeks after the surgery. This sort of makes sense because if swelling occurs you shouldn't be trapped in a cast. I doubt I'll get a hard cast though.

Laurie, awesome workout! The ab routine is also nice. I hope your DD gets the job! Some bosses can keep you from moving to another department but let's hope your DD's boss isn't one of them.
    Laurel, great workouts! Glad you were able to workout and also enjoy some wine!

Tami, I'm glad your class was a great Insane-X class! Katy is so creative. I think you should be teaching some of those classes at the gym!
    I didn't realize some of your VB teammates coached too! Hopefully your team will find some good players.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This week has gone really fast, can't believe that it is Thursday already. Last night was Les Mills Combat 30.

Laurel, Glad you are back at the routine of your workouts, and that you where able to get in your workout after all the upheaval in your house was finished. That is unfortunate that they need to take up part of the floor though, but hopefully you will not notice anything different afterwards. I'm going to do Yoga X on Saturday, since DH has to work. You have been inspiring me to do that one again. I felt that the Low Impact HiiT was a lot like XTrain Supersets with the weight work, and I love that one too. Some of the music in the HiiT kind of surprised me. :D It was a bit different at some points. Nice that you could partake of a glass of wine, we all need to do that once in a while.

Tami, Now that resistance running would be a great workout. I can just see some of the partners losing their balance when holding the resistance though. At least that is what I picture when I would be trying to do that. :D Maybe that is a suggestion for one of Cathe's new ab workouts, all standing work. I don't think that she has anything like that does she? Sometimes I just like those types of workouts. Probably the closest one is Med Ball Abs. In a way it might be a good thing to make a mistake like that, then learning how to correct it would be very valuable.

Thelma, WTG on the Leg workout. So far I'm loving all the RWH workouts too. Will be trying the Circuit Lower Body tonight, and then HiiT Two tomorrow, so I think that should be everything in the series. These are so much more fun now that I'm able to get through a workout. ;) I wanted to ask you about the yoga workouts, Total Fitness DVD's has The Ultimate Yogi for $89. I am tempted by them, do you think they are worth it? I don't know that I would do a rotation, but add them to my weekly rotation. Or was it a different set that you had?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was X2 Total Body and I am not sad to see the last of that one. I must admit, I am struggling with motivation on some of these X2 workouts. Not all of them, but some are tough to get myself to do. I am hoping that changes in the next section starting next week when X2 goes back to more traditional exercises. If I continue to dread them, I may finish the rotation doing just P90X workouts. We shall see. Anyhow, I followed it with great cardio...RWH Low Impact HiiT One right into Insanity Max Tabata Strength. So good!

Tami, sounds like a good class! I am not sure I'd like that move with the band. But I can see where it would be good. Yes, the fence issue took us by surprise. We have a bit of water (it is a finger lake actually) behind the house. Now, mind you, Florida is mostly water. But the property developer has decided this little bit of water needs 'protecting'. So he has decided people can only have fences that stop at the back of their houses (not to include the back porch). Yes, you read that correctly. He doesn't want anybody's view of the water obstructed. Which is all well and good....except one of the reasons we wanted a fence is because our one neighbor has a pool with a huge 'bird cage' over it that goes to about 10 feet before the water. In other words, his pool/cage go about 20 feet past our house....and blocks our view. Go figure. We wanted a fence to cover his ugly pool equipment. Anyhow, on the other side, we were hoping to put a fence up because the house itself extends beyond ours about 15 feet......and their bedroom windows looks right into our back porch. We were thinking it would be good privacy for us.....and them. And since their house is blocking our view, we can't seem to quite figure out what the fuss is with the fence. Yep, I am a little frustrated. Can you tell? I think both DH and I are a bit upset because these were questions we asked before signing the contract on the house. Of course, we got a different answer then. Oh well. But it is still nice to sit out back, look at the water (and the pool and the other house), so it is all good. ;)

Thelma, so glad to hear you escaped the snow. I hope that continues. Let us know how the appointment goes. Hopefully you will get some good, reassuring information.

Laurie, great workout. Hope you enjoy revisiting YogaX. I am glad I have stuck with the yoga so far this rotation. It really does make me feel good. I agree with the music in the RWH series. It is quite a departure from her other more recent series. But I think it is because she needed music with a really fast beat pattern and most recent pop music doesn't quite do that. But it is interesting. The good thing is it isn't too distracting either.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Spinning for me tonight. Went for my preop appointments today and one of the appointments was with the cast department. I thought they were going to measure me for an air cast. They were going to give me crutches! Obviously I didn't take them but had I known the appointment was for crutches I would've taken mine to the appointment. The therapist asked me if I knew how to use the crutches and I told him that I thought I knew how to but would still like to practice with him. I am so glad I did because he showed me how to go up/down stairs! I didn't think it was possible to do it but it is. You hold both crutches on one side and hold on to the railing with the other. I was so happy to have learned that. The stairs to our front door were easy. The ones inside the house are higher so it requires more work on my part to do the jump. Good ab workout! LOL As soon as I pulled into our driveway I called DH to go meet me outside with my crutches and I practiced. Thank God I workout because it does require strength. I'll have to call next Thursday after 10:30 am to find out my surgery time. I had an EKG done and blood work. The EKG was fine and the tech also took my BP and temp. She said the BP was great and pleasantly surprised that my oxygen level was 99%. LOL

Laurie, great workout! The Circuit Lower Body is awesome too!That Ultimate Yogi set is the one I have. I did get mine thru eBay for like $60. I think you would love it specially if you insert the workouts into your routine as opposed to following the program.

Laurel, awesome job with the killer routine! How frustrating about the fence. Whatever happened to only being able to have composite, white fences? Maybe you can ask the HOA to have the neighbor remove the cage because it obstructs your view.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterdays workout was RWH Circuit Lower Body. This one is, of course, not my fav. of the set, just have to get used to the step. Even though this was easy choro, I did manage to trip once. :p I'm such a klutz. Tonight will be the Plyo one that uses the step, so we will see how that goes. When I previewed, it appears that there are some of the same moves as the circuit workout.

Laurel, WTG on getting through the X2 workouts, I'm sure that you will be able to determine what is going to make your rotation work for you. To bad those X2 workouts are not among your favorites. I usually don't notice music, so when that one song came on I was looking at that tv thinking WHAT! I got over it really quick though. :D

Thelma, Great job on the spinning, and of course getting your practice in. Makes you wonder how people who don't workout manage with crutches. Glad to hear that you where able to practice with them before hand. Thanks for the info on the Ultimate Yogi, I think that I will purchase them. Maybe one day I will need to do a yoga rotation, never know what the future will bring. I probably will buy from Mary at Total Fitness, because she is a local business. I like to support her.

Tami, Hope all is well with you!

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today marked the end of my first cycle of this P90X/X2/Insanity Max rotation. Yay!! I started with P90X Legs and Back, then right into X2 Balance and Power. For cardio, it was Insanity Max Friday Fight, which remains so tough for me.

Thelma, I am glad you had somebody work the crutches with you. I hope that helps you get around a bit better. I really hope you don't have issues with your shoulders using them. Glad all your tests turned out well and you proved to be fit!! About the fence, according to the community rules, the white vinyl fence IS allowed to within 25 feet of the water. Except the property developer has decided he doesn't like the community rules, so even though it is authorized, the property developer has told the HOA they can't approve it. Hence our frustration, especially since the cage has been authorized. Just one of those things I suppose. Maybe when the community is fully developed and the HOA is turned over to home owners we can get a different response. But that may be years down the road.

Laurie, good workout! The HiiT Plyo using the step is similar to the circuit workout, but Cathe does a couple of moves at lightening speed. There is no way I will ever be able to do lateral jumps over my step as quickly as she does! I am too concerned about hurting myself. But it is a good workout and free of choreography.

Tami, hope you are well!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry about missing you all yesterday. :( I always check in during my lunch break and I had plans yesterday, then grocery store after work, dinner. You guys know the drill! LOL at any rate, yesterday was RWH Plyo + X10 Plyo combo and today was XT: Chest/Shoulders/Back, headed to Spinning tonight after work. Tomorrow is CrossFire. This rotation has CrossFire & To The Max mixed into it, which I love. No volleyball this week so I am hoping to get in a longer one on Sunday.

Thelma; Awesome job with your RWH workout and Spinning yesterday. Thank goodness you guys only got a "dusting" of snow. Phew! Your appt for the pre-op sounds like it couldn't have went any better! Very nice and glad you learned about going up stairs on crutches. Getting close now, it will go great and your DH/Aunt will be great help to you. Thank you on that compliment about thinking I should be teaching classes.

Laurie: Great job to you as well and continuing on the path of strength and endurance!!! Yes, the band running on Tues. evening was pretty funny. The girl who held me was athletic but not even 5 ft tall. So I was able to pull her pretty well and for me to hold her I had to squat way down and run (that's something to see forsure; hence my giggling every round). Katy held the biggest guy in the class and just used her feet as ski's, literally skidding across the floor; my shoes aren't that slick, I don't know how she did it. lol

Laurel: AMAZING workouts as always. :) (*) :) I am glad to hear (for my sake) that you are struggling with motivation on the X2 workouts; but not happy (for you) because I know that dread factor feeling. I just stopped since it was that way, but I know you will continue on and find just the right balance to make it work for you. Never know, something may click back and you will enjoy them more. OK, that is so crazy about the fence line rules. WHAT in the world?! I'm sorry and frustrating beyond imagination for you guys I am sure. But, what do you do? Maybe someday they will change the covenants so you can have a normal fence. Here's hoping. I heard that Friday Night Fight workout is absolutely "insanity" for toughness. I am nervous about that one, but since I haven't dug in too far on any of them, I have a ways to go before trying it. :|

Talk to you ladies on Monday ~ Have a great weekend!!!!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was nice. I've been doing laundry since last Monday in preparation for my aunt's visit. She has clothes here so every day I've been refreshing her clothes and linens. I've been doing the cat's linens too. We have cat beds all over the house so I use baby blankets for them. Lots of prep work before the surgery for sure but I'm getting there. We are getting more snow tonight. 2-4 inches they say. I did more practicing with the crutches and actually started to wonder if the crutches were too high for me when I saw height markers on them. Sure enough they were too high and I used them like that in 2008. I watched a video in YouTube on how to adjust them and now they feel much better and my shoulders too.
    I had DH make me a "foot shield" I needed some kind of a wooden box for the bed so that I can have the cats there and not worry about them jumping on my foot. DH made it for me so I'm ready to go. I can't believe how prepared I am for this surgery.
    On Friday I was so exhausted that I almost talked myself out of working out but I finally forced myself to at least go ride the bike. Saturday I did RWH Circuit Lower Body and like you Laurie I tripped twice! LOL. Spinning this afternoon.

Laurie, good job with the Circuit Lower Body workout! I actually liked it. What I didn't like though was the stretch part. I prefer the floor to the step.
    You should try this Ultimate Yogi class. It is the Cross Training class which is one of the videos
    http://youtu.be/E1BZZfpVE-E

I do wonder how many people get hurt because they don't know how to use the crutches. They do require some strength and balance. Going up the stairs is challenging and a little workout. The handheld shower thing came over the weekend

Laurel, amazing workouts! Great job! The property developer doesn't want any fencing around that will obstruct the view to potential buyers. I can't believe the HOA is letting him get away with that! The help with the crutches is something I'll be able to use. I watched a video in YouTube of a woman who broke her foot. She started going to the gym as soon as she could even though she still had a cast on. I found her very inspiring.

Tami, great workouts! I was glad my pre-op appointments went well. Getting close now for sure. Interestingly I'm not freaking out like I was weeks ago. I think now I'm ready for it and just want to get it over with. I'm sure when Friday comes I'll be a mess.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This weekend was okay for workouts. I didn't do the RWH Plyo HiiT workout until Saturday, because DH and I went out for dinner. I stayed with the 6 inch step for the whole thing, and that worked perfectly for me. I was able to keep up, and didn't feel like I was going to trip. I also did the Bonus Ab Two, which I think is my fav of all her ab workouts. Sunday was Yoga X, and that really felt great.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! When I was using the 8inch step for the Circuit workout there was no way I could keep up with Cathe. I was still a little behind her and the crew, but not as bad as with the circuit. I was still getting in a good workout. Think I'm going to stick to the lower step for now, sure makes it more doable for me. I might even start to like the lower body circuit workout. :D

Tami, Sounds like some great workouts! Glad that you get to incorporate all the workouts that you enjoy. Sounds like Katy tries to make those classes different in some ways all the time. Keeps people coming back, doesn't it.

Thelma, Thanks for the link! I will have to try that one out this coming weekend. I have the most time to try out longer workouts on those days. WTG on getting in your workout even though you where tired. Sorry to hear that you tripped too! Sometimes that is not fun, I hit my shin and now have a bruise. ;) Great job on getting everything ready for you surgery.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am very sad to report I hurt myself this weekend! So silly of me. Nothing serious, but I was outside Saturday (in the rain), slipped on our very uneven new grass and twisted my ankle. It isn't too bad, but I can feel it throughout my calf. While my ankle actually feels better, the calf.....not so much. So I may have strained the muscle a bit. I can walk all right, but pushing off my foot with any force is nearly impossible. So rest and recovery for me.

But, of course, I have stuck with my upper body workouts. Yesterday as X2 VSculpt. And I think I am done with X2. I was frustrated enough to begin with, but getting up and down to do Bicep curls in a plank position was a bit much for me and my gimp leg. So those are going away for now. I am torn on whether I will continue with P90X. I will decide that tomorrow or Wednesday....because today I really felt like a good old-fashioned standard strength workout. So I did RWH LIHI a Chest, Shoulder and Triceps Extreme with core 2. <3 Felt SO good. So we shall see if Tony or Cathe wins out when I go to pick up the weights again.

Tami, sounds like a good weekend of workouts! Thanks for the encouragement on X2. As you can see, it didn't take much for me to put them away. I just wasn't enjoying them. I think it might be because I was so enjoying these new RWH LIFI workouts before going into the rotation. Oh well. I will keep them in case I want to try them again some day.

Thelma, sounds like you are ready for your surgery. It sure sounds like you have thought of everything. I would agree about the property developer not wanting to turn away potential buyers except for the fact ours was the last house to go in along the water. Granted, the house next to us has yet to sell (even though it was completed long before ours). But after walking through it, I don't think our fence would be the problem! It is an absolutely horribly designed house that was modified to make it worse by the person who originally purchased it (she changed her mind and built another similar house in the community one block over). We walked through with my in-laws one day and they were stunned silly how bad it was! So was I. But, of course, the property developer has no say in that so........

Laurie, yay for YogaX!! I am glad you were able to get that in this weekend, and that it felt great. I am also happy to hear you were able to keep up with the Plyo HiiT workout. I agree it is better on 6". I like the workout because it is challenging....but I never feel quite coordinated doing those lateral two foot jumps up and over the step. I am not the most graceful person on the planet.....and this weekend was good proof of that!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    HI Ladies! RWH Back, Biceps and Triceps tonight. I was short in time so I did a premix that only had 2 sets + finishers. I really like this workout. I sort of surprised myself when I realized I was doing rear delt flies with 10 lb dumbbells. That is way too much for me or so I've always felt that way. It was great! I could do it!
    We got about 2 inches last night and there is another little storm tomorrow night. Not much snow but could be dangerous as it will go from snow to sleet to rain which means ice on the roads.

Laurie, good job with the plyo workout and for staying on the step! It really makes a difference on the step workouts when you stay with the right height (for you) step.
    On the TUY workout I sent you all I can say is that if you can do that class you will like the other DVD's.
    Sorry you hurt yourself when you tripped on the step. I didn't hurt myself thankfully.

Laurel, sorry you hurt yourself! I didn't expect you to be the one who needs to stay off a foot. That is my job an that won't happen til Friday! All you can do right now is rest that foot, ice and rest! Good for you for doing the upper body workout!
    Wait to make the decision on P90X until your foot is better.
    I hope that last house sells quickly so that the HOA can let you install a fence.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! I was so busy today at work I only took a brief 20 minute break and kept going. Now that I know a few things and can actually "assist" the dept(s) I work with it makes me want to just keep going when I know they need me. :) Workouts were good over the weekend, I did CrossFire on Sat and then yesterday was XT Cardio Leg Blast (xtreme premix), which I love as well. Today was BootCamp, Jessica did change it up a little bit, so that was good, but still a little bit same ol same ol. :( But I am not complaining, since I didn't get up this a.m. it was my shot for a workout . :#

Thelma: Sounds like you are getting all nested in for your upcoming surgery, I absolutely understand and would be doing the same thing. It's so great your aunt has clothes on hand at your house for her visit. Makes for a lot lighter packing forsure! Sounds like you are all prepared with the wooden box as well to cover your foot. Yes, that would be a SCREAMER in the middle of the night if Ms Bella jumped on your foot. OUCH. Very smart in your prepping. Great job on the RWH workout tonight and going heavier than you are used too! Very nice, I bet it was exciting once you realized it. Nice job with the spinning and RWH over the weekend; you are really working hard right up to the big day!

Laurie: I saw that weight loss you posted on the boards!!! WOOHOO nice 7 lbs down. Way to work lady. I bet you are thrilled with that number. Great job trying out the Plyo workout and making it work for you. Isn't that Abs #2 an awesome one?! I agree, one of my favs of Cathe's. Nicely done getting in your Yoga too . . .. I bet it did feel amazing.

Laurel: OMG friend, I am so sorry to hear about your ankle/calf injury. I bet nobody is more bummed out than you. I'm sure with some R&R, ice and good old fashioned pampering on it, you will be good to go in no time. Stuff like that is so frustrating, it wasn't like you were doing something ridiculous and injured yourself. Again, so sorry. Keep us posted of course. With no surprise I see you will be getting in some very nice upper body workouts in the time being. :) Of all the people, I totally understand on your X2 feelings. Funny that I was just talking about that, so I do truly get it. Especially when you are doing some really fun RWH workouts and loving them to go to something that isn't quite the same on the fun factor scale. I have a feeling you will go towards Cathe, but that's just me. Maybe getting in whatever workouts sound good right now that you can do with your injury will be perfect and keep you motivated forsure.

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ I will talk to you tomorrow!!!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Was a really slow ride into work this morning with the snow fall. :( Yesterday I didn't have a ton of time to get in a workout, dd wanted to go to dance class. I did 30MTF Trim Down and I think that was perfect. Really works that upper body with weights and boxing drills. I used weighted gloves on the drills to make it even harder.

Laurel, I'm so sorry to hear that your ankle is sprained. WTG on getting in upper body work though. Guess you have made the decision on P90X2, it didn't sound like you where all that fired up to do that one anyway. I'm looking at what is coming up in the near future with dd's track, dance and of course getting ready for her graduation. I'm thinking that I will need to stick to doing around 30 min. a day except for the weekends. I have a ton of options, just need to figure out what I want to try. Let me see, I'm guessing that you pick Cathe for your workout choice. Will see if I'm right when you post later. :D

Thelma, Great job on your workout! I think I will look at those premixes, I think they would be perfect for hitting everything in 30 or so min. You are probably getting the lovely weather we have right now. We are getting snow, and this afternoon it is suppose to be turning to rain and sleet. Oh how fun for the drive home. NOT!!! I was previewing that workout, and it really looks like fun. Kind of reminds me of Bob's Warrior workout.

Tami, Great job on all the workouts this weekend! Isn't it wonderful when you are so busy at work, I enjoy it. I find that the time flies by, even the week for that matter. :D Oh I'm really do enjoy that workout for the abs. Really feel it afterwards also. Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, I hadn't adjusted the weight on here in a while, guess I didn't realize how much I have actually lost since the beginning of the year. Felt great to see that for sure.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So I know you all are in suspense on the Tony v Cathe debate ;) and I am here to tell you the winner is......both!!! :D Well, at least that is how it worked today. I woke up with my leg feeling better. I am not near doing cardio yet, but there is no pain walking or going up/down stairs. Where I feel it is in side to side motions or anything that puts torque on the lower leg. I think I probably strained the outer calf muscle. But there is no swelling or bruising and that is a very good sign.

Since I was feeling better, I decided to give P90X Back and Biceps a go. I knew I couldn't do the standard P90X jogging/jumping jacks warm-up, so I popped XTRAIN Legs into the DVD player and did that warm-up then moved to P90X. I am so glad I did that workout. I had forgotten how much I love it. My arms were so fried at the end, but I decided to push through and do 100 bicep curls!! Crazy! My thought was to then go back to the XTRAIN Legs disc and do the bonus rear delt work, but my arms were so tired I ended up doing most of the standing leg work first. I was very careful, didn't use weight for most of it, and didn't do the plié moves or the side slide lunges (because they hurt) but it felt good. I did a couple of the floor moves as well and then was finally ready for rear delt work. I finished it all with XTRAIN Core 1. <3 Good stuff. While I miss my cardio, having my arms as tired as they were yesterday and today makes me feel like I am doing something. I will definitely be sticking with the P90X upper body workouts for the duration. But I think I might be adding more Cathe weight work to the equation as well, at least until I get my legs and cardio back.

Thelma, great job with the rear delt flies!! That is a very good weight for that move. You have been so patient through your injuries and serve as such an inspiration for me right now! I hate being injured, and it often has me thinking about sitting around and watching daytime TV. :p But you having not once given in to your injuries has really pushed me through these last few days. Thank you!! Hope you don't get too much snow.

Tami, glad to hear the Bootcamp class was a little better. Maybe she got some feedback? I laughed when you said it wasn't like I was doing something ridiculous when I got hurt. That is always the case with me! I can do the most ridiculous workout routines and I am fine. But I dislocated one shoulder getting off a bus (I was holding the hand rail to be safe and my foot slipped a bit on snow and out popped my arm on the rail!). I dislocated another shoulder walking up my stairs (tripped, fell, and since the stairs were wood with open back, my arm slid through the stair and out popped my other arm) and this injury was done taking out the trash. Really? Why can't I have some crazy good adventure story to tell about my injuries? :D Anyhow, it is all good and at least getting better. Thanks for your understanding on P90X2. I hate giving up on them, but as you said, I need workouts that motivate me right now instead of frustrate me.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the snow. So do your time constraints have you thinking about P90X3??? ;) Just thought I'd ask. But, as you say, you do have a lot of options right now. And you were half right in the Cathe v Tony debate!! If I had felt today like I did yesterday, it would have been 100% Cathe without question.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So for today's workout it was RWH Upper Body Circuit this a.m. and tonight will be with Katy, Insane-X. I have a feeling it will be the traditional, not circuit.

Laurel: I am glad to hear you made a decision and it sounds just right! Way to go on your workout today and making it work with your injury. Sounds like it is a little bit better. That is pretty funny about those past "ridiculous" injuries you have had in the past. I don't peg you to be accident prone in any shape or form. Just weird stuff has happened at the wrong time I guess. lol

Laurie: Sorry to hear about your snow. We are still having unusually warm weather, and we are all wondering if it will continue right into our Spring. IT feels like spring already. lol Sounds like you got in a good workout yesterday, nice job! Yes, I love feeling super busy with work and being "new" you often sit and have to wait and ask questions and do what you can do. It is all becoming more of a flow for me so I am part of the busy, feels wonderful!!

Hi Thelma ~ Hope you are having a great day.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow, Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, RWH Legs today. Great workout! I may do it again on Friday before the surgery! I'm assuming I'll be the last patient the doctor operates on given that I'm healthy. We are getting a little snow tonight and temps will be in the 40's tomorrow! I hope it's too icy in the morning.

Laurie, good job for getting a short workout in! Definitely check out Cathe's premixes. Sometimes when I don't have much time I pick one that is about 30 minutes long. Plenty of choices and I really like the one I did yesterday. I really think you'll like TUY. It just requires plenty of time. I didn't feel that doing TUY was enough so I wanted to do some Cathe workouts too and I burned myself out! I will probably hit a bad commute tomorrow morning. The snow switched to sleet already. Maybe it will start raining much earlier than predicted so that whaever snow has falling tonight will melt.

Laurel, awesome workout! You're so lucky your foot was feeling better this morning! You'll be doing cardio in a few days I'm sure! I didn't doubt for a second that you would give up on Tony H!
    I'm so glad I've been able to inspire you (somehow-LOL!) now that you're injured. You're always an inspiration to me. I still can't believe I was using 10lb weights for the delt flies. Cathe was using 12lb dumbbells I believe.

Tami, awesome workouts this weekend and this week so far! Funny about your nesting comments because I was wondering if what I've been doing to prep for surgery is considered nesting! LOL
    I feel better about the surgery because I'm as prepared as I as I can possibly be. I want to be able to workout until the last minute. I wonder how I will feel on Friday because we have to pick up my aunt at the airport at around midnight!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in a workout before we had to leave for dance class. I was scheduled to do RWH Lift It Hit It Legs, so I did Premix #2 which is just the strength section. I when as heavy as I could, and felt I was able to get in a good workout. Of course this is just straight weight exercises, but still solid for being so short.

Laurel, Glad to hear that your ankle is better than you had thought at first. Great job on the workouts, sounds like a good mix of both Tony and Cathe. LOL yes I did think about the P90X3, but then I remember all the Jillian, Kelly and Cathe workouts that I have available to me. I will probably hold off on that set until they offer free shipping again. They usually have sales now and then.

Tami, Great job on the workouts, and of course your X class will be insane. I just wish that you could send some of the wonderful weather our way. I'm ready to see some melting. You can see that the snow is changing into the more before spring type, just want it to happen more quickly.

Thelma, Guess great minds think alike on the workout! :D Hope that you have a better drive to work than we had yesterday, took DH 1hr and 45 min. to get to work. He works in downtown Milwaukee, so he had a little further to go than I did. I also left about a half hour before he did also. For the rest of this rotation, I'm planning on doing some of the premixes. Then I'm going to make up a rotation that includes a mix of different instructors, but all 30 min. or less.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Still improving though a long way off from cardio. I am thinking week after next before I can even start on low impact. We will see. But I am doing good and seeing improvement which makes me happy.

So one of the things about me that drives my DH nuts is my ability to change my mind on a dime. His simple request as I start going through my yes/no routine is that I at least take a breath between changes of mind. :p So I took a breath this morning...and popped an X2 workout into the player. I really did that because I couldn't remember the workout and felt bad about giving up on it without giving it a try. So I started my workout with X2 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. And it was good! But it is a short workout, so I followed it with P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Oh my. And as if I needed anything else (which I didn't) I did XTRAIN 100 reps of lateral raises and lying tricep extensions. I had planned on doing 100 push-ups as well but I couldn't face another push-up after the P90X workouts, so, instead, I did 100 chest flies. Crazy.....but it felt good. The upper body will get a good rest tomorrow, that's for sure. I think tomorrow I will try some yoga. Wonder how those upward facing dogs will feel. :o

Tami, great workouts! I am glad you are getting some nice weather. We have summer like weather here. We may be breaking more records for highs these next couple of days. And, btw, I am quite the klutz. My family has a multitude of stories about silly, ungraceful things I did as a child. Sadly, my youngest niece is just like me. My sister thinks she is more like me than her and loves to share the stories. Poor child....she is just like me!! Makes me smile. :D

Thelma, I can't believe how close your surgery is getting. I am so glad your aunt is going to be here to help you. Great job with the RWH Leg workout. I love that you are thinking about a workout before surgery! That's dedication.

Laurie, good choice on the workout. I really like the weight workout in that one because it is pretty straight forward and solid. I can see where it felt good to take it heavy. I will be joining you in looking for P90X3 and free shipping. Despite my injury and frustrations with X2, I must admit I am getting good results from this rotation. Makes me want to see what he did in X3.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane X was a good class as usual, it was the regular format vs. stations as I thought. This a.m. I did not workout, I was very tired this a.m. and needed a few extra zzzz's, so just spinning tonight. Tomorrow a.m. will be HardStrikes from XT. Really like this mixture of the two programs in this rotation.

Thelma: I am glad you are all ready for your surgery. WOW, right around the corner. I know it is going to go well and I love your commitment to the workouts right up to the day! lol I would be the same way. Hopefully your temps keep improving instead of more snow for you guys and your roads weren't too icy today. That is a late arrival at the airport to pick up your aunt. Hopefully the roads will be good for you ;)

Laurie: I will try and send this nice weather your way. It is shocking for us to be having this kind of weather. Usually we get hit with something if it has been this nice. As of right now, our 10-day forecast is looking good. We will take it. Nice job getting in a workout on the legs in that time frame, sounds perfect! Your new rotations you are working on sound like they will be lots of fun!

Laurel: Yowsa! I am not surprised at your combo of upper body workouts during your injury. I am sure you will be buffed beyond buffed once your cardio can resume. Glad you enjoyedthe X2 workout even. BTW, I haven't forgotten about my eating/recipes, etc for you. I keep forgetting the recipes so I can send you them all at once. I will remember forsure tomorrow and send it your way.

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening! Talk to you tomorrow . . .
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, had to do a short workout so I chose a premix form RWH Circuit Upper Body. I find out tomorrow the time of my surgery. We did get some snow last night. Maybe 2 inches max. We're also getting more tonight but nothing is happening yet and it's almost 10:30 so maybe we'll get lucky tonight. Tonight I selected a stack of workout DVD's for upper body and abs that I hope to be able to do once I can stay awake long enough to do anything. I know I'll be sleeping a lot in the beginning.

Laurie, good for you for getting a workout in. Great minds do think alike! LOL Those premixes may be shorter but they can be tough too! My commute was a little slow this morning. I should've gone on the back roads but decided to go on the main road and that was a bad idea. It only added 10-15 more minutes to my commute so it wasn't as bad as yours was.
    I really think you'll enjoy the premix workouts. Your idea of mixing different instructors for you next rotation sounds great.

Laurel, amazing workout! Don't know how you could lift a finger after that one! Too funny about you changing your mind on a dime! LOL. Isn't that what women do? Tell your DH "happy wife, happy husband!" LOL
    I can't believe the surgery date is practically here. I am not even stressed or scared about it like I was before but I think it's because I'm stressed about work and getting the house ready for my aunt, making sure the house is clean, doing all this laundry that seems to never end. Tomorrow I'm going to give myself a pedicure and will color my hair. I had nail polish on my toes during my toe surgery so I doubt I can't have it this time. If the doctor doesn't like it she can have someone remove the polish.

Tami, great workouts! Good for you for allowing yourself some extra zzzz's! Those rotations with multi programs are really good. Temps were pretty warm today but back to cold tonight. There is only one choice for my aunt if she wants to come to the US via Miami. It is that flight that brings her into Boston at midnight. Her return flight can sometimes be very early and we have to get before 4AM! The commute wasn't really bad.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma