Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I really enjoyed my workout today! I love days like this. I started with XT Chest, Shoulders and Back, and did the Double Trouble premix. For cardio, I did Cathe's Greatest Hits workout. Both felt great today.

Tami, sorry to hear about the Bootcamp class. Maybe she should explain her method? If she is getting some complaints, she might be better off doing that. I think I would have been frustrated by her explanation as much as I would have been by the return of running camp! I really hope you don't end up with another summer of that. :/ Thanks for the recommendation on your rotation. I don't think DH will be joining me much for my workouts. He seems to not be interested in working out right now at all. :| That disappoints me, but at the end of the day, it is his choice. At least he is cleaning up his eating as he still has to maintain weight standards for his job. But he will come up with any excuse not to workout. Just one of those things I suppose. Hope your BIL continues to improve.

Thelma, great workout! I bet it felt great to work your lower body a bit. Sounds like you are definitely improving. I am really happy the Town Hall meetings ended as you hoped for. I am also happy to hear being back at work is going all right. As far as re-learning how to walk......don't get frustrated! I know.....easier said than done. But keep working at it and one day it will all 'click' into place.

Laurie, sounds like a typical crazy week for you! But it sounds like a good workout yesterday. I haven't done anything with my kettlebell in ages. I should probably try it again as it really does make for a good workout. I understand your MIL being in denial. My mother is about her own situation to a point. I think the kind of reality they are trying to come to terms with is just plain difficult. Hopefully she will come to terms with everything over time.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies ~ You will never believe what Katy did to us last night?!?!!? :s Let me remind you guys that she was a college LONG DISTANCE RUNNER (you know where this is going now). She decided since there were only 6 of us and she is in training for a Half Iron Man and it was nicer than she thought outside we would RUN. We ran down the famous “running camp” hill, across to a bike path and along that for a while, then stopped. Did step ups on some rocks, burpees, core work, mtn climbers and repeat 3 times. Then continued on our run with a stop and more mtn climbers. P.S. We were carrying a 20 lb medicine ball. WHAT!! I am the only one in the class who hasn’t been training with running like the others, just saying. But I did do it and finished. I know this is a mental thing for me when it comes to running, which is half of my battle, but I decided a while back that I don’t have to be a runner or like it, there are so many other workouts available that I do enjoy. ;) Thought I was going to die at one point or another. It was only 3 miles, but still ~ with all the other craziness and weight added in, it felt like more. To her that is a warm-up; doesn’t sound far but it was far enough for me. LOL

This a.m. I felt pretty good, hammies were a little sore but I did do Hard Strikes + Tabatas and Core work; all with my 5lb hand weights. :) Tonight will be Spinning. If she changes it to running I’m out of there.

On another note . . . since all of you have given me good wishes for my BIL – he has taken a turn for the worse already. IT is VERY scary now. :'(:| He has developed something from all the antibiotics that have chased all the good/bad cells out of his body completely. This is highly dangerous and on another medication to help with this. Day by day will tell but he has to go to the hospital daily and have an IV ran for 2 hrs at a time. My FIL is still down there with him and fingers crossed he will show some improvement soon, only time will tell but it can be fatile. So say some prayers ladies.

Thelma: Congrats on making it through FlexTrain! I bet it did feel amazing and very accomplished feeling. I am glad your work day went well and the boot was minimal. Sounds like people at your office have been doing a good job and I am so glad that lady was there to help you with all your stuff. Your muscles will come back in no time …. Hang in there and be patient. Getting/staying with good eats will help forsure.

Laurie: Sounds like a very busy day yesterday! Great job getting in that KB workout!!! Sounds like it did its job. Yes, the Staff infection is a terrible thing. Now especially that it has brought something else on as dangerous or more. I will ask DH the name of it again.
    That’s sad about your MIL and her denial about the situation or perhaps her belief that things are different than they are. LOL on the rotation recommendation! Thank you! I think you would do just fine with it and be very happy with that choice for a rotation. Add it to your list!

Laurel: What a great combo you did today! Just love that Dbl Trbl work on the upper body. Nice work. I hope she explains her method as well; I don’t think there really is a method quite honestly. We will see. I may opt for something else on Monday’s if it doesn’t turn a little bit more productive. You’re welcome on the rotation recommendation as well. Sorry to hear DH is not on board like he was before. But at least he comes and goes and does have weight standards. My DH continues to complain about his weight eats less (almost nothing some days) and thinks that is ok, that he might lose some weight that way. SIGH :(

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ I will talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I didn't workout tonight. I was exhausted. It's been a long work week so far. No rain for us yet but today. we had more spring like temps and will continue like that for a few days. I continue to walk on my side. DH was watching me work and he can see it. He said I'm doing the pigeon walk thing and I should have my foot pointing forward or 12 o'clock. This doesn't seem natural and I'm having to turn my toes to the right. It's weird but at least I'm very aware of it and I know it's wrong. Next week I'll ask the doctor prescribe physical therapy.

Laurie, good job getting a workout with the busy schedule you've had. I hope everything is OK with your DH. Thank you for those nice words on the workouts during my recovery. Work has been OK. I just fell behind on something I started last week so I got myself all stressed out today. I found out I'm going to have a team of 8 or 9 people in the near future. That is so overwhelming! I hope your MIL doesn't have too much of hard time adjusting to her new home. It really is hard when people's hearing goes and nothing is done about it. I hope your husband is able to relax about his parents soon.
    The people in town who want the trails are organizing themselves to go clear the trails themselves. Don't know what's going to happen now. They do have to get the proper permissions to do it and have to have the knowledge to not hurt the wetlands and wildlife. At least someone had the common sense to suggest those things because they were thinking about doing it and asking for forgiveness later. I find this very frustrating!

Laurel, what a nice combo!!! I'm sorry your DH is not interested in working out with you. Hopefully he'll get into it again. At least he is eating better.
    We really are happy with the town meeting voting results. As I told Laurie people want to take it upon themselves to clear up the trails. There are a lot of trails in this town so I hope they don't start with my side.
    I can't help to feel frustrated about my foo since I feel I'm going backwards.

Tami, that class sounds crazy! No wonder you felt like you were going to pass out. I'm glad you were able to finish the workout! I bet you did better than the runners in the class!
    Doing Flex Train felt wonderful. I know I have to be patient but it's getting harder to be patient about workouts.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I didn't workout tonight. I was exhausted. It's been a long work week so far. No rain for us yet but today. we had more spring like temps and will continue like that for a few days. I continue to walk on my side. DH was watching me work and he can see it. He said I'm doing the pigeon walk thing and I should have my foot pointing forward or 12 o'clock. This doesn't seem natural and I'm having to turn my toes to the right. It's weird but at least I'm very aware of it and I know it's wrong. Next week I'll ask the doctor prescribe physical therapy.

Laurie, good job getting a workout with the busy schedule you've had. I hope everything is OK with your DH. Thank you for those nice words on the workouts during my recovery. Work has been OK. I just fell behind on something I started last week so I got myself all stressed out today. I found out I'm going to have a team of 8 or 9 people in the near future. That is so overwhelming! I hope your MIL doesn't have too much of hard time adjusting to her new home. It really is hard when people's hearing goes and nothing is done about it. I hope your husband is able to relax about his parents soon.
    The people in town who want the trails are organizing themselves to go clear the trails themselves. Don't know what's going to happen now. They do have to get the proper permissions to do it and have to have the knowledge to not hurt the wetlands and wildlife. At least someone had the common sense to suggest those things because they were thinking about doing it and asking for forgiveness later. I find this very frustrating!

Laurel, what a nice combo!!! I'm sorry your DH is not interested in working out with you. Hopefully he'll get into it again. At least he is eating better.
    We really are happy with the town meeting voting results. As I told Laurie people want to take it upon themselves to clear up the trails. There are a lot of trails in this town so I hope they don't start with my side.
    I can't help to feel frustrated about my foo since I feel I'm going backwards.

Tami, that class sounds crazy! No wonder you felt like you were going to pass out. I'm glad you were able to finish the workout! I bet you did better than the runners in the class!
    Doing Flex Train felt wonderful. I know I have to be patient but it's getting harder to be patient about workouts.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did Kettlebell Kickboxing Diversity, which is an ab workout that uses kettlebells. My abs are really feeling it this morning. :) Have not had any problems with the ankle, so I'm going to continue with mixing up some more low impact workouts. Will probably do some yoga also.

Have any of you looked at the new workout blender? It really seems to be something that I would like to use at some point in the future. DH has said that we will probably get me a smart tv for my exercise room, so that means that I can do streaming. Will have to see how the reviews come in on this system.

Laurel, Sounds like a great combo, and it appears that you really enjoyed it. ;) I hope you are right about my MIL, she called yesterday and said that she wants to be out of the rehab facility she is in. She doesn't like it there, and wants to be transferred. My husband was furious, but calmly told her to give it another two days. I told DH he needs to call the facility to find out what their schedule is for her, because she isn't getting her meals in a timely manner for her insulin levels.

Tami, Oh my on the class! I have not been running, and I know that I wouldn't be able to do that even if I had been. Good job on finishing that though. Good job on your Cathe workouts also. I had to LOL about your spinning class comment, I would leave also. ;) I will be adding your BIL in my prayers, that is very scary. I wish that I could do all the workouts that I want to, but there is only so much time in my day. I'm hoping that after dd is finished with all this school/dance/track stuff, I will have more time. Of course we already have numerous plans for the summer already. :o

Thelma, Not fun having additional stress at work, that can't be fun to come back to. Interesting that those people would go behind the DNR and try to do that. I know the DNR in our state would be out there watching them, and issuing tickets. :D I'm hoping that everything works out for my MIL also, she really is a sweet woman when she isn't stressed out.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Legs and Glutes Extreme premix. My legs were quivering at the end, so I took a few minutes to walk around the house before jumping into cardio. My cardio was RWH Plyo HiiT One Doubled premix with core 1. Love that one!

Tami, oh my on the class! You know I am not a runner either, and there is no way in this world I could have done that carrying weight! That is crazy! Huge kudos to you for getting through it. I think I would have run as far as my car in the parking lot. :p And, yep, if spinning turns into running, I would be gone too! That is so scary about your BIL. My thoughts and prayers are with him and your family. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. About my DH and working out/eating, I just don't get it. But what more can I say? Nothing because he really doesn't want to hear it. Like you say....sigh.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. I am thinking I may be interested in this workout blender. That is what I do to some degree with my multi disc DVD player. And when that goes, I want the option to blend! I haven't looked into how easy it is to use yet, though. But I think I will definitely be looking into it down the road. Sounds like things aren't going smoothly for your MIL. That isn't right if she isn't getting her meals properly. I bet your DH is really struggling with this. I know I would be. I hope he is okay.

Thelma, I think you have earned a day off! I am sorry to hear you feel you are going backwards with your foot. Hopefully when you start PT, all of the hard work you have put into it will be rewarded. Maybe you need to strengthen some of the surrounding areas to make it feel comfortable to walk with the foot straight? I hope it is that kind of solution because that you can do.....I have no doubt. How frustrating it must be about the paths! I hope they leave your area alone.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my foot was super swollen today and I just couldn't be standing for too long so I got on the spinning bike it was either that or nothing. I didn't ice my foot at work today so I think that is why my foot was so bad today. I got lazy about it. Once I iced after my workout my foot felt a lot better.

Laurie, great workout! I'd never heard of that kettlebell program before and it looks like a lot of fun. I like how there are different modifiers. Sorry your MIL is not happy in that facility. It must be so hard for her. I think your DH is going to have to arm himself with a lot of patience during this transition period.
    Work is going to get super busy in the next two months. The trail people group thankfully had some people with common sense and now they're doing what is necessary to get the ball running following proper procedure by getting the necessary permissions.
    I got the email about Cathe's new 'blender" program but didn't look at it.

Laurel, great workout! I was thinking that the "blender" program is similar to what you do with the multi-disc player too!
    I left a message for my doctor that I'm going to need PT but I won't get the prescription till she examines me next Wednesday. At work the floor on the aisles is tiled and I follow the straight lines then and it feels better but it's still not right. I am thinking again the orthotics have a lot to do with this. I am going to go for PT with the lady who makes my orthotics. I am sure something will have to be strengthened but I am not sure what. These issue with the paths is frustrating. I hope they stay out of the one behind my house.

Hi Tami!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Can you say TGIF!!! Didn't workout yesterday, was at dd's track meet until 9pm. She did really well in her 200 dash and long jump. Very proud of her. We will have an empty nest this weekend. The youngest is going with her boyfriend and family to his gp's cabin, and oldest is with her boyfriend and his parents. What will we do all weekend! I know I will be cleaning my house.

Laurel, Great workout combo again. I can see why you had to walk around to get stop the quivering. I think we all get to sigh with our DH's and their working out. Mine has a hard time even thinking about a walk. ;) I don't have the multi disc dvd player, so I can see why this workout manager would be really nice to have. Being able to pick different portions of workouts to create your own, just sounds fun. I told DH that he has to stop stressing about his Mom, she needs to make the decision on moving to a different facility. She still has the mental capacity to determine her own care. If has to be her decision in the end, but I know her constant complaining is driving him up the wall.

Thelma, So sorry to hear about you foot swelling, don't forget to ice today. ;) I love the modifiers in these workouts also, and that they are all doing different speeds. I don't feel like I'm not able to keep up, because there is at least one person going at my pace. The only think that may bother people is Dasha talks through the whole workout. Some people don't like this, but it doesn't bother me. Good to hear that you have a good group of people on board. Take a look at the blender, it looks like a hit if it works correctly.

Tami, Hope you had a great evening!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! After Thelma mentioned Flex Train earlier this week, I thought that would be a good workout to start my day. My body is a little fatigued after the tough strength routines I did this week, and this was the perfect choice for easing the muscles a bit while still working them. For cardio, it was Cross Fire, which is always a good one for me.

Thelma, glad to hear the ice helped the swelling. No more getting lazy I suppose. ;) I can't imagine PT won't help you right now, but you bring up a good point about the orthotics. Hope you get some answers over the next couple of weeks.

Laurie, I hope you enjoy that empty house this weekend! About my DH....at least he enjoys being active. He just doesn't workout. But he loves long walks (we always walk when we play golf, and that is at least five miles of walking), is coaching football, and actually teaches a team of students who participate in fitness/skill competitions. But to actually lift weights or sustained cardio......nope. So weird. But, again, at least he is active and eating better. Anyhow, you are so right about your MIL and this being her choice. I had a long discussion about this with my in-laws recently because one of their friend's children decided she could no longer make her own decisions.....for no discernible reason. And it was very insightful to talk to my in-laws about it.

Tami, I hope all is well.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Not going to miss you all 2 days in a row!! :) Happy Friday ...... So yesterday was RWH Circuit Lower Body + Ab work. Felt great. No PM workout so I enjoyed a quiet time at home with the pups; DH was gone fishing. Spinning is my workout for tonight. Hopefully Katy doesn't give me a hard time AGAIN tonight. On Wednesday evening she was teasing me about my love for running the night before; so when we did a "run on the Spin bike" she said -- "Now Tami, don't leave, stay with us here, we are going for a run" :o It was funny at the time and a few that were there the night before laughed.

My BIL is doing better as of yesterday. He was feeling the best he has felt in a very long time so that is great news. HE was even able to eat something yesterday and actually felt hungry. All of which are a good sign. They will still need to do the daily IV 2 hrs at a time but the fact he is already feeling better is good. A little more time will tell, but this is good news to everyone. ;) Thank you ladies for your concerns and prayers, I appreciate it.

Laurel: Way to finish off the week strong! As always you KILLED IT with your amazing combos. Your leg combo the other day sounds like a great one; tiring but great! I was writing down my workouts for next week and next week is a fun combo of Cathe's LIS added into the mix. Starting it off with Flex Train.

Laurie: Congrats to your DD for her success in the track meet! What a quiet weekend you too will have. I think our DH's are very much the same in the workout(s) area of their lives it sounds. Mine won't even consider a walk when I take the dogs, even the short distance I go these days. :| Again I say . . . . SIGH
    I think the workout blender sounds amazing however we have such a terrible time with our internet, it is so frustrating. For some reason we sit right in a zone that internet can be on & off again. Really weird, but things like streaming Netflix, etc. can go just fine and then shut off. So I probably won't be able to take advantage of that with Cathe; sounds amazing though.

Thelma: Sorry to hear about your foot and feeling like it is going backwards in the healing. I hope with the ice and maybe your appt. on Wednesday you will get some insight. It is probably very normal to make progress, digress and make progress again :s frustrating as it is.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend ~ I will talk to you Monday!!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Helloooooo Ladies! :) I've been checking in periodically on you all, but haven't had much time to "chat!" I love all the workouts you've been doing...they keep me motivated! I'm back into full Cathe mode, but every day is a challenge to find the time to workout with working out of the home (I've turned into quite the work a holic) and my oldest son's hockey and lacrosse schedule. But, I'm doing what I can!

I hope everyone is doing well! I promise I'll find time someday to chat longer!

Have a great weekend!
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a nice weekend! We had a nice weekend. My BIL and his wife were here on Saturday and we had a lot of fun. My foot was pretty good this weekend but of course I was home. I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to/from work.
    On Friday I did spinning again because of my foot. On Saturday I decided to do some leg work and I did Lean Legs & Abs. That was an easy leg workout and just what I needed. Today I got on the bike again.

Laurie, congrats on your DD track meet! Glad she did good! I watched a couple of video clips from those kettle bell workouts and I wasn't bothered by the instructor talking too much. Of course going through the workout could be different. Do you have kettle bells?

Laurel, great workout! I love that Cross Fire workout! I hope I can do it some day.
    I am definitely going to be icing my foot at work. Turns out the PT who made my orthotics is out on medical leave! I felt that I did much better this weekend with my walking.

Tami, great workouts! Funny about Katy teasing you on your love for running! NOT! LOL
    I'm so glad your BIL is doing better! I didn't feel like I was going backwards this weekend. We'll see how I do at work next week when I'll be walking more.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

On Friday I did Kettlebell Kickboxing Legs and KCM's 30MTF Kickboxing Punch Mix, Saturday was Kettlebell Kickboxing Arms and Les Mills Combat 30, and on Sunday I took a rest day. We went shopping for youngest graduation dress. We found a really cute one, so I think everything is set for that day.

DH and I really didn't have a very relaxing weekend. DH's mother was back in the hospital, appears that the rehab facility over medicated her on her bp meds. She will be going to a different rehab facility.

Laurel, Some of your favorite workouts! Glad you enjoyed both of them. I just wish that my DH would walk, it would do him a world of good. I don't want to be the one that suggest that we walk, I just want him to go on his own or ask me if I would like to join him.

Tami, Great workouts! Katy teasing you about running! :) I would give her one of these :p Hope that you BIL continues to improve, that sure was a scary situation. That is to bad that your internet isn't up to streaming. That is the one fear I have, the workout stopping right in the middle of my workout.

Erika, Glad to hear from you, I'm sure that you will be busy this summer with work an sports also. When I work from home I find that I work more than when at work. I don't get distracted as much. ;)

Thelma, Great job on the workouts. Glad to hear that you had an enjoyable weekend. We had beautiful weather, and I was able to spend some time weeding. I have big plans for plantings. :D What I like about these workouts are the different levels that you can workout to. Some of the moves I'm not able to do, but even though I can't, my hr is up without having to jump around.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a busy and fun weekend. We were out of the house early Saturday headed for the in-laws to celebrate a belated Mother's Day with my MIL. We spent the morning golfing with my FIL, the afternoon working in their yard and then took them to dinner. Yesterday was playing catch up on my own housework and then DH and I headed to a different golf course for an afternoon of golf. This was the longest course we have played here in FL (about 7 miles of walking), and it was difficult but beautiful. It is called 'The Habitat', and very appropriately named. Birds, turtles, alligators.....just wonderful. But I was worn this morning, and that reflected itself in my workout.

I did workout yesterday before we headed out. I did XT Cardio Leg Blast Extreme with Core 2. Like I said, today's workout reflected a little tiredness so a tad shorter than normal. But it felt good once I got going. I started with XT Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. For cardio, I did RWH Plyo HiiT Two and One combo premix. It was the first time I have done this combo, and it was a good one.

Tami, I am so happy to hear about your BIL! I hope his improvement continued over the weekend. That is funny about Katy teasing you about running. Hopefully there won't be a repeat of the running this week though. Thanks for the update on the rotation. I think I will start it in July when we get home from your neck of the woods. It sounds like a good one to get me through the rest of the summer. This is going to sound odd, but when we moved, we moved about 20 miles further south in FL. And believe it or not....I can feel it in the heat and humidity. I think I am going to have to manage my workouts this summer so as not to get too hot or dehydrated, especially if DH and I are going to keep golfing mid-day (which I hope we do). I think this rotation will be perfect for shorter and effective workouts. So I have that to look forward to in July!!

Thelma, glad you enjoyed a nice weekend. And great job on the workouts! You really are doing amazingly well given everything you have been through the past few months. I hope you get a chance to get some answers on your orthotics though. Maybe another PT can help. I hope so.

Erica, so great to see you! Sounds like you continue to stay busy. I think I would be inclined to work more if I were working at home as well. I don't seem to be able to rest if things aren't 'done'. At least with an office, you have to leave at some point in time. But at home.......not so much. Glad you are getting workouts in when you can. I bet that gives your mind a good break from everything else.

Laurie, sounds like some good workouts this weekend. I am sorry to hear about your MIL, though. I hope they get her medications worked out and she receives better treatment at a different facility. How exciting for your DD to get her graduation dress. Such fun times for her.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ A very nice weekend but as they do, it went by a little fast. I took Sat. as a REST day (not planned) but ended up at my friends house in the a.m. to have coffee and catch up; she has the cute little 1-year old. So after that I ran errands and headed home . . . by then it was late afternoon. :( So yesterday was back to my new week rotation of Flex Train and today is going to be LIS Tri-Sets Upper Body; might try to also get in a short HiiT after that, we will see what kind of time frame I have aka: if DH is home or not. :#;)

My BIL is doing a lot better even since Friday. So everyday has continued to be a better day for him; which is such great news and I'm sure he is loving it too. He still goes in each day for IV treatments but since they are working he is willing. Here's hoping now that his knee continues to heal better and isn't so painful. That infection set him back so far that he really needs some good PT time.

Laurel: Sounds like a very fun weekend and good workouts too! Including the golfing!! Sounds like they built that course on a natural zoo :) Awesome scenery and weather I am sure. Yes, I would imagine with that humidity you need to plan accordingly this summer for your workouts. Plus with the bonus afternoon golf sessions you will be having, that will be so much fun. Yes, here's hoping we don't have a repeat of last week tomorrow; she said we were doing a "traditional" class so we will see.

Laurie: I bet your DD is getting so excited for graduation! WOW, I bet you can't even believe it. Sounds like you had a really nice weekend and great weather. Yay. We had decent weather yesterday but Sat. at one point was an absolute downpour of rain; then just cloudy and windy. This week is nice all week. Great job on the workouts; those all sound like they are perfect for you right now and a good variety as well. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and them not getting her meds right. :/ Yikes! That is scary.
    Yes, Katy thinks she is pretty clever teasing me . . . It's all in fun, but seriously!

Thelma: Sounds like you are continuing to push through on the workouts and the foot is hopefully starting to feel better and more consistency there?!?! Thank you for the well wishes for my BIL, yes .... he is doing much better which is such a relief for everyone.

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening! I will talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did Lean Legs and Abs again. I feel that it's the perfect workout for where my foot is right now and my legs are glad I'm doing something for them! I think I have finally taken a turn for the better this week! I'm so happy! I came home from work and I was not having the discomfort I had a week ago today. I came home and although my foot was swollen I was not in pain like last week. That was such a good feeling! I also feel that I am walking better but I am putting a lot of brain power into it by being constantly aware of my foot placement. I also was wearing slightly thicker socks today which prevented my foot from sliding inside the shoe. I think that is also a problem with the orthotics. I'm not sure what the material the orthotics have on top but it's really slippery so my foot slides inside sometimes which doesn't help my problem. Today I had thicker, padded socks on and I wasn't sliding inside my shoe. I wanted to tell you about a new pair of sneakers I bought. They are the softest shoes I've ever had. It really is like walking on clouds. I would say they are on the narrow side because the wide shoe doesn't allow me space for my orthotics but I am able to wear them without. I did tonight's workout with those shoes and I loved them. They are really flexible and I LOVE the colors.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-W1980-Fresh-Foam/dp/B00KQ321DA/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1431998314&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=fresh+foam+zante

Erika, hi lady!!! I'm glad you've been doing your best to squeeze a workout here and there given your busy schedule.

Laurie, awesome job with those workouts my friend! How exciting to go shopping for a graduation dress! Glad you found one. My cousin is getting married in December so I think I'll be going to El Salvador and will be shopping this summer for a dress because it is hot there.
    Those kettlebell workouts are tempting me. I just don't know if I want to go buying kettle bells though. I have two actually. One that I think may be one pound and the other is 5 lbs. Are you exited to finally be able to work on your garden? OMG! I can't believe that facility over medicated your MIL!! Thank God you're moving her to another facility. I hope you're filing some kind of complaint against that other place!

Hi Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend even though it was busy. What a great combo you did today! Not bad for someone who is feeling a little tired. Of course that would've been my routine if I'd been on steroids!
    Did you guys ever install central air in your home? I remember you saying your neighbor was working out in the garage with the door wide open and you'd do the same or something like that. I could not survive the heat and humidity there without central air. That golf course sounds wonderful!
    Thanks so much for the kudos on my workouts. I am starting to feel like I'm starting to come back now I'm doing baby steps with a leg workout.

Tami, glad you also had a nice weekend! great workouts! Is that rotation just XT or is it mixed with other programs? I really like those XT workouts.
    I'm so glad your BIL is doing better! I'm feeling like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the "foot" tunnel Tami. Such an exciting feeling. I can't wait to be able to do a little jumping and even a step workout!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did Kettlebell Kickboxing Butt and Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 1. That was a good combo, and I kept the 30DS at the modified level when it came to the cardio.

Apparently medicare will not pay for any further rehab, so my MIL is being sent home. She has made good progress. She of course is going to overdue things, because the home care people don't do things the way she wants them done or she doesn't like certain people. :* She has already said that to my DH. He told me that she will be very unhappy when she sees the lady she doesn't like there the first morning that she is at home. :|

Laurel, Nice weekend of golfing, that course sounds really nice. I can understand why you where tired afterwards, that is a lot of walking and swinging the club. I don't know, but that combo doesn't look shorter to me. :D Very nice combo.

Tami, Good workouts! I know that my weekends fly by like yours, and then it gets later and later. By the time you think about getting in a workout, you are unmotivated. I experienced that on Sunday. Great news on your BIL, I hope that his knee improves even more. We are having cold temps this week, it was dang chilly this morning.

Thelma, Glad you found a workout that is friendly to your foot. That is great news on your foot, sounds like it is making progress. I really like my New Balance shoes, and those look like a great choice for my running. I need a new pair for that. Nice that you get to go somewhere warm in Dec for that wedding, so it is a very good idea to go shopping now to find a cute dress. I have a 15lb kb, but need to purchase another. One of the workouts I want to try uses double kb's. Dasha shows all the moves with dumbells, not trying to temp you to much. ;) I'm really enjoying the Body Series workouts. I have the Scorcher, and those are good, but I really have a hard time trying to figure out how to use them. The body series is geared toward specific body parts, so I tend to concentrate more on that area. Dasha is very good with her form pointers also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Super Cuts, which I so enjoy. It flew by today. For cardio, I did Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix which is a nice 80 minute steady state workout with a little leg work as well. Good stuff!

Tami, sounds like a nice weekend despite the unplanned rest day on Saturday. i am happy you were able to spend time with your friend and her little one. So happy to hear your BIL continues to improve as well. I imagine not much can be done about the knee until he gets some strength back. Sounds like he is moving in the right direction for that, though.

Thelma, glad you enjoyed that workout. And so great to hear you feel you have turned a corner in your recovery! That's great news. Thanks for the information on shoes. I have one pair of New Balance which I love. These look really good. We definitely have AC down here. I couldn't live here without it. We used it throughout the entire winter as the humidity is pretty unbearable even during the winter months. That's why I can't figure out how my neighbor continues to workout in his garage.....but he does. I prefer to do intense workouts in a little more controlled environment! :p

Laurie, great workout yesterday. But that's not good news about your MIL. Are they still going to move them into an assisted living facility? I hope something can be done for your MIL. She just broke her back....she doesn't need to be worried about the housework! But it sounds like she is determined.....and what can you do at that point?

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Today's workout was Cardio Supersets this a.m. and due to the incredibly beautiful weather I am going to head home after work and get in something and then take the kids for a little walk. Partially dodging the potential "running camp" (Eventhough she will most likely do traditional) and also, just enjoy heading home on these gorgeous days! :) DH is gone fishing for a couple days so the kids have a really long day alone when we are both gone. :(

Laurel: Way to go on that combo ~ sounds amazing!!!! Yes, it was fun with my girlfriend Saturday and I did get a lot done, so all is good there. I haven't seen her little girl since before she was walking and now she is all over the place; hence me meeting her at her house is way easier on mom. LOL I think you are exactly right on BIL's knee; until he starts feeling like he can handle some PT other than just bending and straightening it in a chair he will be limited. I think each day he is better though so this is SUCH good news! I meant to ask you yesterday, when is your trip to this side of the country again? I bet you are getting really excited.

Laurie: Sounds like another great combo for you with the workouts! Your ankle continues to get better and better I hope?!?! Yes, that is exactly what happens to me on the weekends sometimes. :( Sadly if I don't just get it done in the early a.m. on Saturday the day just gets away from me with errands, "me" time and friends. I'm sorry about your MIL and that whole situation. I can imagine it is very stressful for your DH and you as well. Hopefully a happy medium will be found.

Thelma: That is so fantastic to hear that you have rounded that magic corner of a noticeable difference with your foot! Yahoo for that. I clicked on that link to see those shoes. I LOVE the colors and they do look like clouds. Very tempting & athletic shoes is something I seem to like buying. Always in search of the perfect shoe you know! I haven't bought any in over a year so maybe I am due! This rotation is mixed with XT, RWH, LIS and then a little bit of STS Total Body, High Reps too. So all of which I LOVE. This week is a lot of her LIS workouts; today I opted for Cardio Supersets instead of the Low Impact Step workout that I have the sticky note that says "NO" due to choreography. But tomorrow is Tri-Sets Lower Body I believe and AfterBurn on Friday with a KB workout on Thursday. So great variety!! :)

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, spinning for me tonight. Had to stay a little late at work and then went to vote for a special election the town had today. I had a really good foot day. It still gets stiff when I get up to walk around after sitting for a while so I limp for a few minutes and then it gets better. Today I felt like the walking thing is becoming natural to me. I still feel like I'm turning my toes inwards in order to do the proper technique. I had DH watch me walk tonight and he says it's much better and that I think about my toes pointing inwards is not so. In fact my foot is straight as it should be now the problem turns out is my right foot. DH told me that my left foot was straight/toes pointing forward. My right foot on the other hand is not straight and my toes are pointing outwards. So now I have to work on pointing my right toes forward so the foot is straight. I'm starting to feel that PT won't be necessary and my orthotics are OK. The shoes I'm wearing are making a huge difference on my walk. This is strange but I have some walking NB shoes that are kind of stiff and that is why my walk felt so weird at first. Then I was able to buy somewhat cute NB's and I think they are running shoes and they are very flexible so they allow me to flex my toes more as I walk. Since I can't wear my summer sandals now I have 3 new pairs of NB shoes. BTW, I place I found where you can get great shoes for less is called 6pm.com and it is associated with Zappos.com. Of course, always check Amazon too because I found the shoes in Amazon cheaper than anywhere else. I have a followup with the foot surgeon tomorrow. I hope she clears me to do everything I want to do like jumping on the trampoline at least.

Laurie, awesome workouts! I can't believe your MIL is being sent home! I didn't realize she was in rehab. I thought she was in that place to for good. I bet she is thrilled to be going home. I am sure she won't be happy when she sees the woman she doesn't like!
    You're doing a good job at "not tempting me" to buy that kb program! NOT! LOL I like the idea of being able to use dumbbells but I would think a kb is better when they swing that thing around. If you can get yourself to a shoe store and try those NB shoes you'll love them. I'm not a runner but I think they'll offer a lot of padding. I was shown those shoes at the store because I specifically asked for padding in the toe area. I definitely need to get me a cute summer dress for the wedding.

Laurel, another great combo! sounds like a killer one to me! I'm so glad you do have AC at home Laurel! Your neighbor is insane for working out in his garage. I am thrilled to finally feel like I'm getting back to normal.

Tami, great workouts! I don't blame you for wanting to dodge running camp but I am sure the kids will appreciate having you home so you can take them for a walk. We finally got some rain today but this afternoon I got a warning for my weather app about the state being in brush fire alert. Temps here have been in the 60's and a little on the cool side. I like that.
    The shoe colors are awesome. I have the purple and green ones but they are more of fuchsia and green. Fun colors! Like I suggested to Laurie if you are looking for new shoes go try a pair. They are Fresh Foam Zante.
    That rotation sounds wonderful Tami. I may give it a try when later on. I was laughing at you and your NO sticky on that DVD! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma