Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Gym Style Legs and finished with IMAX2....and I added on the blast only premix at the end, just for fun. Great combo.....but my legs are fried right now!

Tami, so glad to hear the class wasn't as killer as anticipated. But it certainly sounds challenging enough! Maybe Katy realized she was pushing the class a bit hard, not just for newbies but her regulars too. Hope she keeps it challenging but reasonable from now on. Glad to hear you feel the same way about the new series!

Thelma, so glad you liked Legs and Glutes!! I agree with everything you said about it, including the fact you are going to be sore. It is a tough one that really gets into the muscle. And YAY!! on the great news from the doctor!!! I am amazed that she has approved you for impact work! You have taken exceptional care of yourself through all of this. Just make sure not to push too hard to fast! Maybe you can stick with low impact for a little while and add lifts/small jumps where you feel comfortable and controlled? Of course the temptation of trying a workout like Kick, Punch and Crunch may outweigh that! KPC was for years my favorite Cathe workout. I can't recommend it enough. If you have three Gym Style workouts, you have them all. They are part of Cathe's Hardcore Series which I think totals something like 12 workouts. Glad you are getting the new series!

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. I love that Pyramid Upper Body workout. It is one of the best for getting a lot done in a short amount of time. Glad you are finally getting an evening off!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout this a.m., had an early staff meeting so I am hoping to get it in after work. We will see - DH may be out in the shop since it is nice out today. ;) If not, I will make it up to myself on Saturday. Last night was Spinning and it was much cooler in there last night, but it wasn't hot out yesterday either, so I think that helped. We are supposed to get up to 90 this weekend for Sat, Sun & Mon. Should be very nice. Hope to get in a good bike ride and enjoy it.

Thelma: WooHoo again on good news for you!!! I am so glad your doctor has given you the stamp of approval to move forward, I bet you are beyond thrilled and as you already mentioned, THANKFUL! I absolutely love that Legs & Glutes workout on her KPC dvd as well! I am so glad you are happy with it. I think that new series will be perfect, one of the leg workouts on there describes what you are looking for as well I think; won't be out until Fall but knowing it is right up your alley is great. Yes, they do have a class description - BUT as you can tell from my descriptions, she often veers off track. So if you are brand new and she recognizes that she does approach them with modifiers (sometimes). So you're right, if you had no idea and she didn't say anything I would be so out of there as a new person who wasn't up to an advanced workout. You don't want to hurt yourself or be miserable either.

Laurie: Great workout yesterday! I bet it felt amazing. Sounds like you have some nice workouts lined up for the next few weeks/month. :) I forgot you took your sweets to doggy daycare. I think Bernie would enjoy DD if we took him, Emma would probably just lay there wondering when we were coming back for her. LOL :/

Laurel: Good grief!! I bet your legs are completely fried. Way to WORK! I am not sure if she realizes it or just recognized there were so many new people. She asked the class at the end, let me see hands on how many will be here next week. More than half didn't raise their hands. :o:s So even with a "modified" class to her, most of them won't be back. She mentioned going "outside" next week . . . makes me nervous for running camp or rolling tractor tires?!? lol

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ Talk to you tomorrow!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,557 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I managed to stay awake during class and thankfully we finished early. We actually finished at about 3 but people started asking questions :'( and killed one more hour. I doubt we'll have such luck tomorrow though. Since I got home almost at my normal time I decided to do Kick, Punch and Crunch. I kept it totally low impact and didn't use the boxing gloves. I LOVED it too. I think I'll be doing this DVD often. LOL. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt!

Laurie, what a great combo! Good for you for going as heavy as possible! I'm glad your DD is going to live nearby. If you go to the beauty school to get your hair done I'm sure there will be somebody there to supervise your DD during the cut right?

That Legs & Glutes workout definitely his everything on the leg. My ankle weights are pretty good and they are 10lbs each but you can adjust them 1 lb at-a-time. You take out these little 1 lb bars.

Laurel, that must've been a killer for workout if you felt your legs were fried!
    This KPC and Legs and glutes DVD is now one of my favorites. The doctor was clear when she said that I can "slowly" start doing my normal life. I am still afraid that the bone is going to move so I am planning on being very careful. I didn't know the Gym Style series was part of the Hard Core series!

Tami, I'm glad your spinning class was more comfortable temperature wise. Wow! you guys are going to have such high temps! We were having summer temps last week and since the weekend when we got all that rain it's been cold.
    I really am beyond thrilled to be able to workout again. The legs & glutes /KPC DVD is a winner for sure. I am looking forward to Cathe's new series. Does she come up with a series every year?
    I think Katy's class is popular because it is a killer class. Even if it is described as advanced people will still want to try it probably because the class time is convenient to them. Too bad there isn't another person in the class to demo the modifications instead of taking Katy's time away from the entire class.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We went out to celebrate DH's 55th Birthday yesterday, so no workout. I was awake at 4am this morning, so I decided to just get myself up and get in a workout. Pyramid Lower Body, and Kettlebell Kickboxing 40/20 Burn where the workouts. I should be getting off early today, so will be busy until the family arrives tonight.

Laurel, Love the workouts, and great job adding in that blast section at the end. I can believe that your legs where wobbly after all of that.

Tami, Glad to hear that the spinning class was cooler this time. You are going to have some hot temps this weekend. I'm just hoping that we have warmer weather than we have today. I don't want to be freezing during dd's graduation ceremony. I thing that Bernie would have a ton of fun with all the dogs, I actually got a report card for her yesterday. ;) They give them to me once in a while, and it tells me how her mood is and what dogs she played with. I find it funny, but apparently she is having so much fun that she has a hard time keeping her eyes open when she gets home. So tired that she didn't even move when I took the cheese out of the fridge. :D

Thelma, I feel for you on those question asking people! :) Love your response about KPC, it is an awesome kickboxing workout. Probably her best. Yes they do have instructors in the salon to help with questions, so I wouldn't feel to bad about getting my hair cut and or colored while there. The fees they charge are super reasonable too.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Muscle Max which I absolutely love. I followed it with the 74 minute premix of Party Rockin' Step 1, which is so much fun. Loved the workout today and once they got going, so did my legs. But it took some convincing to get them moving, that's for sure.

Tami, glad to hear it was a cooler spinning class this week. Back outdoors next week though for Insane X. You might be right about that tire rolling!! :p Enjoy those warm temperatures. That's pretty hot for you this early in the summer, isn't it? Hope you get to enjoy some time outside.

Thelma, so glad you enjoyed KPC. That DVD is definitely a keeper. Sorry to hear about all of the question askers. I am not a question asker (though I probably should be at times) so I get a bit frustrated by lengthy question/answer sessions.

Laurie, Happy Birthday to your DH. Great job getting an early workout in! Hope you enjoy this weekend. I hope your DD has the time of her life!

Off to get my hair looking better. My DH is not working all next week so my check-ins may be nonexistent. But I will try!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I completely forgot the basketball game was on last night so no workout for me . . . . However I enjoyed a nice relaxing evening outside for a while with the dogs. It was gorgeous out and as I mentioned continues on into next week. Will make it up to myself over the weekend. Early workouts so I am not too warm.
    So this a.m. was Lean Legs & Abs and tonight I am going with a girlfriend for a short bike ride. It is her first time out on her new bike so shorter is better ~ I don't want to ruin her from ever going again like I did my BFF a couple years ago. You guys remember that?!!? :/ At any rate, it will be super fun and then DH is going to make dinner, so that is perfect for me.

Thelma: Yahoo on a good workout that you absolutely loved! I am very glad you are enjoying that one; it really is a great one. It seems for the last several years she has come up with a new series just about every year. LIS, XT, LWH and now this one are all pretty consecutive; if not yearly just about. I will get my order in over the weekend I'm sure. :) Sorry to hear your peeps in the class started asking questions. You want to just say "NO, please stop asking" hopefully today was better.

Laurie: I hope your DH had an amazing Birthday and that your DD enjoys her graduation. You too, I am sure it will be hard to watch your little one graduate. Enjoy :) Great job getting in your early a.m. workout. You were up with me this a.m. ;) Your little sweets likes cheese too?!? Emma used to hear the baggie and come running. She perks her head up now, and looks at me to bring her some. lol

Laurel: Another fabulous workout combo! You have been on fiya all year long my friend. Way to go.
    Yes, these temps are unusual. We might get one hot day and then back down and one hot day again but not consecutive. We had a mild winter, warmer and dryer spring than normal and now already feels like summer. We will see; people are worried about it being too dry already. We are lucky we have the lakes and rivers all around us but we still need some more rain I understand. Have a great week with your DH. Golf I'm sure?!?!

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Talk to you on Monday!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I survived the class last week but on Friday we stayed till 5pm! I had to run my usual Friday night errands on Saturday and DH and I were out and about for hours running errands. I was really tired so I decided to take Saturday off. I did my spinning bike on both Friday and today.
    I want to get one more of Cathe's older kickboxing DVD's because I like the KPC so much. What do you think of Kick Max?

Laurie, I hope you and your DH had fun celebrating his bday! Congrats to him. Good for you for getting up so early to work out!
    It really is insane when people start asking too many questions at the end of a class or a meeting. On Friday I spaced out way too many times! LOL
    I'm glad when you go to your daughter's beauty school the supervisors will be available for questions. You'll be saving a lot of $$$.

Laurel, another killer combo! Nicely done!
    I normally don't ask a lot of questions in class but it when people wait till almost the end of the day is very frustrating.

Tami, glad you got to enjoy a nice night watching the game! Great job with the Lean Legs & Abs. Too funny about you ruining your girlfriend from ever riding a bike again! LOL. You pulled a Katy on her! LOL
    I was too busy to order Cathe's new program but definitely want to do it.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• 2BLean
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Had a nice weekend. Not too eventful, but very nice! It was HOT out, just as they said it would be. Friday evening was perfect weather and a nice short ride for my friend. She needed to learn a lot about changing gears, getting a feel for her bike, adjusting the seat, helmet, etc. So it was a good "1st Go" for her. She wants to do the longer ride (that I ruined my other friend on) so we will see. She said she is going to ride further and gear up for it prior to going. LOL Sat. a.m. was Cathe's High Step Training, I forgot how much I enjoy this one; it's really a circuit with lots of step ups & squats! Nearly 100 on both, good for the ol backside! Yesterday was back to my rotation and it was XT Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders + Abs for me. I would have done another workout yesterday to follow that up but thought DH and I were going golfing (yes in the heat & I haven't touched a club in 3 years with little to no experience) but, with friends for fun DH wanted me to go; BUT it wasn't meant to be, due to a little lack of communication we didn't go. I guess the couple were fighting :( SO, I waited around, sat outside with the pups, cleaned, etc. until I found that out. Oh well ... ended up being a relaxing HOT day!
    Today I am packed to go to the gym for BootCamp, but depending on what DH has planned I may workout at home, we will see. It is 95 out today and if the gym has any problems with A/C it will not be fun + I much prefer my home workout to BC anymore. ;)

Thelma: Glad you survived Fridays class. Good job listening to your body if you were tired and then getting in some good Spin as well. Yes, I would say I pulled a Katy on my friend. But it was truly on accident ...... I didn't realize how far the group was going when I invited her. LOL So Kickmax - definitely another one that I LOVE. It has leg conditioning drills at the end that are really good too; standing drills. There is some higher intensity jumping in it, but not a lot and you could modify. :)

So question for you ladies ..... Maybe I am just being a little OCD on my health and fitness but I read an article in my new Oxygen mag this weekend while I was "waiting" to hear the plan on the day. It was talking about those of us with desk jobs and how long we are sitting throughout the day. They were saying that even if you workout once or twice a day if you are sitting a lot throughout your day it can still be bad for you. :o:| I do get up and go to the copy machine, go down the hall, etc. as often as I can but yes, I have a desk job. What are your guys thoughts on this. I don't want to be a nervous Nellie about it, but it has my attention. LOL I'm hoping they mean, those people that hardly ever or never get up from their desks other than a couple times a day.

Hope you all had a great weekend and Monday! I will talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did XTRAIN Chest Back & Shoulders. I pre-ordered Cathe's new program tonight along with Kick Max.

Tami, great workouts! Sorry your golf outing got "cancelled". Like you said it wasn't meant to be. I hope your gym had the AC fixed. Glad your friend enjoyed her first ride and wants to do the longer one!
    I'm glad you like Kick Max!

It really isn't good to sit around for long periods of time but the fact that we exercise puts us on a different scale. We have a lady at work who checks to make sure we have a proper ergonomic setup at the office. She recommends that we get up every hour. I can't say that I do that. Thankfully the bathroom is not close to my desk but there are times when I don't get up for almost 2 hours. I really think they are talking about people who are extremely sedentary.

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I have not worked out in the last three days! Lets start off with Friday evening, just before my parents are scheduled to arrive. The dog went outside, and then runs into the house. What do we smell but skunk! So we are getting her into the garage, DH is running to the store to get remedy stuff, my oldest and I are going around the house with vinegar to get the smell out of the house. The poor dog then gets a bath of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. That really does knock the smell down. She spent the night in the basement, and then the other nights in our room in her kennel. The only time you could smell the skunk on her was when it was damp or you got right up to her head. She only got hit in the face, which was bad for her eyes at the time, but overall good. She went to doggy daycare this morning, and hopefully the groomer can get most of the smell out. We realize that when she gets wet, she will still smell. This is our second dog that has confronted a skunk.

Saturday was more relaxing, but I was entertaining my family and then had them over for a cookout in the evening. Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day for the graduation, and with almost 400 graduates it was done in 1-1/2 hours. Afterward we went out to eat with dd's boyfriends family, and that was a good time also. Yesterday youngest dd had her wisdom teeth taken out, and her bf was there with me. I'm glad he was there, because she was pretty wobbly, and he was able to lift her up pretty easily. The extraction went really well, and she was doing pretty good. Most of yesterday was spent getting dd's drugs, and finding things for her to eat and fixing that for her. She has stitches, so that is another positive, none of that cleaning with the solution.

Laurel, Sounds like some good workouts! Hope you have a good week, and get some golfing in. ;)

Tami, Great workouts! Whew I'm glad you enjoy that HST, that is one that I will probably never do again. Just don't enjoy all those leg moves on the high step. :D We had some hot weather her yesterday, had to finally put on the ac to get the dampness out of the house. Having a damp dog was not making the house smell good. Very nice that you had the chance to go for a ride with your friend. I have not been out on a bike in quite a while. Hope your gym workout was in the ac with that temp! I got my fit bit for the reason you stated in the article, felt that I should be getting in more steps. I am just to the point of getting 10,000 per day, so hoping that is helping me. I have heard that the new apple watch makes you get up from your chair every 10 min. to move around. I don't know if it is just one of those things that will come up later as being not necessary. Sort of like not eating eggs, and now they are good for you. ;)

Thelma, Nice workout! For me the Kickmax workout can be tough, but I really do like it. I usually do the premix that is lower impact. The additional leg conditioning portion that she put in there is work the money. Enjoy the workout when you get it though, because it really does have some of the better premixes from that series.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I opted for the at home workout instead of BC and I was happy with my choice! Got in my XT Legs workout, which felt great. The A/C was on at our house and it was perfect. We hit a new record yesterday of 97 and we might hit another one today! YIKES. But it is supposed to go to more normal temps starting tomorrow and the weekend will be high 70's-80. This a.m. was XT Bi's/Tri's and tonight no workout for me. My girlfriend invited me over for dinner, her hubby is working out of town and with a 1 1/2 year old it is much easier for me to go to her. So I am bringing the Salmon to BBQ and she is doing everything else! Super fun. Worth a missed p.m. workout. Katy was going to have us outside anyway ..... in the 94 degrees!

Thelma: Great job getting in the XT workout and congrats on your new order! I ordered the new series over the weekend as well! :);) I think KickMax will have some good pre-mixes on there for you and like Laurie said, the leg conditioning drills in themselves are worth the money! That is so awesome you guys are all ergonomically set up at your office. Thanks for the reassurance ~ just what I wanted to hear.

Laurie: Sounds like a very busy but nice weekend minus your poor DD and her stitches, sounds painful. You know it's funny you mention the FitBit because that is totally what came to my mind after reading that article. I thought, that would be something I could wear to remind myself to take more steps, etc. Do you where that and your HR monitor then when you workout or rely on that solely for your calorie burns? Now that I have my HR monitor working properly I wouldn't want to cross it up with another device. :(
    You're exactly right - one more mention of something that is harmful for us and yet, months/years from now it will be something else. I just do the best I can during the day and that's all I can do. But I am interested in the FitBit option! A self competition with myself, challenging me to do more steps. LOL

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I was really tired on my way home from work that I almost fell asleep at the wheel a few times. It was scary! When I got home I just wanted to go to sleep and tried to talk myself out of working out but I chose to do something easy. I did that new KCM fitness body training the standing workout. I felt that the beginning was boring but it got better as it went on. This workout was better than the floor one and I think it can be done with ankle weights too. I think I'm getting closer to getting my aerobics floor. I've been asking DH to give it a higher priority on his "honey do" list.

Laurie, what a weekend! Your poor doggy! I hope the groomer was able to get the rest of the smell out. I'm glad your DD's graduation and oral surgery went well. Sounds like she has a really nice bf! I hope she's feeling better today. I'm glad you like Kick Max too!

Tami, awesome workouts! I can't believe Katy was going to have her class outside with those temps! YIKES! I hope you have a blast with your girlfriend tonight. Congrats on purchasing Cathe's new program! I can't wait to get the kick max DVD. We're lucky that we have this lady at work. She is a physical therapist and checks on all the new employees and the people who've been there for a while call her when they need help.

Laurel, I hope you and your DH are having a great week! Lots of golf I'm sure!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I was able to get in Body Revolution Workout 1, and PUB Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. That was a really good combo, and the areas that I hit are talking to me this morning. Cami still smells on the top of her head, but when you touch the area, your hand doesn't smell like skunk. She is a happy dog now that she smells better. It really is funny to see the change in attitude, so much happier.

Tami, Great workouts, and good that you opted for the ac at home! Wow that is one hot temp! What a fun evening you have planned, of course you bringing the salmon is a given. Is it one that you caught? ;) My FitBit is just the simple one that counts steps, they do have the ones that calculate your hr. So yes I still have to use my hr monitor, but will be looking at the newer ones for the future. The things that I really like, you can monitor how well you sleep. I have found that I sleep better than I thought, and some days are worse.

Thelma, WTG on getting that workout in. I really like that one, since it is all standing work. LOL on that honey do list, they really never seem to get all that work done. :) DD is feeling much better, and I was very happy that she didn't need to take any of the oxy that they prescribed. I told her that she shouldn't take it unless she was hurting in the 8-10 zone of pain. So the only pain meds she has been taking have been the super Ibuprofen.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Quick check-in, but I have missed you all. DH and I are really enjoying our week together, exploring new places and golf courses in Florida. Today we got rain, so we have a little break from the action. But I have been getting my two-fer workouts in each morning. Today was Flex Train and Intensity which was a fantastic combo. I am really enjoying this May rotation from Cathe because it has quite a bit of variety in cardio but allows me to easily add to it with strength training.

Laurie, I am happy to hear things went well with the graduation!! I am also happy your daughter is doing all right with the wisdom tooth extraction. Sorry to hear about the dog's run in with the skunk though! You must have been thinking 'why now??' But it sounds like you had a good, effective solution. Great workouts today.

Thelma, good job getting in a workout when you were so tired. Sometimes a workout helps. Sometimes sleep is better. :) I echo everything said about Kick Max. It is very different to KPC, and doesn't have the same fun factor for me. But it is a very good and versatile workout. It can be good on a lighter day if you eliminate the high impact section. And on days when you want to push it, I have been known to do that section twice! It is what you want it to be, and, for me, that is the mark of w good workout.

Tami, I hope things have cooled off. Yowza on those temps!! That is crazy hot up there, especially this early in the year. I am glad you opted to stay home and workout instead of do the BC class, especially if you enjoy your home workouts more. That's what is important. Isn't High Step Training good?? Whenever I do it, I wonder why I don't do it more often. About the new sedentary lifestyle concerns......I happen to think it is just another way to try to get people to move who don't move much. I probably shouldn't say that, but when I first read the report, I actually was concerned, like you, that I am not moving enough. And, just as a gauge, I have been using a Fitbit for the past two months, and I routinely go 10,000-20,000 steps a day (often more). My workouts alone, though, don't get me there. The thing I have realized with the Fitbit is on days when I don't workout, it really takes some effort to get to 10,000 steps. For example, one day I didn't hit 10,000 steps even though I golfed (riding in a cart with my FIL), worked in the garden, etc. But that day also saw me in the car for 4 hours doing......nothing. So I do think it is important to be aware of how much you are moving throughout the day even though you workout. But I don't think it means you need to quit your job and take up rock climbing (even though that is the way it sounded to me when I first heard it). I just think they (whoever 'they' are) are just trying to get people to move because it is very easy to not move.

Must run! Be back when I can!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had so much fun at my friend's house with her and the little one. The Salmon turned out very nice and she made a salad and fresh fruit all cut up, along with some zucchini cakes. This a.m. was Hard Strikes and tonight I will head to Spinning.

Thelma: Great job getting in a workout despite feeling the tireds ..... Pushed play anyway and I am sure it felt good when you were done. yahoo on the floor being moved to the top of the list for your DH. Yes, I couldn't believe it either on Katy going outside, I'm sure it was HOT, HOT, HOT.

Laurie: Awesome work with your Body Rev + Chest/Shoul/Tri's, sounds like a great combo! Yay on Ms. Cami smelling better and not being embarrassed anymore with her stinky self. The fish was not one that I caught, but one of many that we have vacuum sealed in the freezer. LOL Really good, it was Sockeye - which is one of the tastiest. I did see that on the FitBit's having the one with HR monitor as well. I looked at my friends last night to just see what they are all about; amazingly light as a feather. I could easily where that all day. Hmmmm decisions, decisions. I may get the basic one (if I do) and go from there. Start small. We will see. Glad your DD is doing better.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ have a great day!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Kick, Punch and Crunch today. Love that workout. Tonight I did it with the boxing gloves. It was gooood!

Laurie, great combo! Glad you finally got some "me" time! I'm so glad Cami is a happy doggy again! Poor thing! Glad your
    DD is doing better. My "when to take" the heavy duty pain med would've been the opposite of what you prescribed! The key to managing pain my nurse friend told me is to stay ahead of it. So take the pill before it hurts! That is how I survived the post surgery period. Thank God she only needed the ibuprofin!

DH is really good about accomplishing the items on his honey do list. The floor thing wasn't a priority once I found out I was going to have foot surgery. When the doctor said start "getting off" the boot the floor became a priority. That is when he had the handy guy do the sub-floor. Today he called the floor place to make sure he was going to order the right kind. This is one of the floors Cathe recommends for aerobics on an article she published a while ago.

Hi Laurel! I'm so glad you and your DH are having a great week and good for you for still doing your daily workouts! Now I'm worried about Kick Max not being as much fun as KPC is! Versatile is a good thing! Can't wait to try it. I will definitely keep it low impact.

Hi Tami, glad you had a fun night with your friend last night! It got HOT here today. Pretty close to 90 and it will be like that the next few days. I bet you're glad you skipped Katy's outdoors class. Too hot for that
    About that study on people not moving too much...Have you ever done a stress test? I think a cardiologist will tell you you're fine. I did one the year before last or was it last year? I lasted 12 minutes on the treadmill and I think the test is 17 minutes. I'm not a runner and I lasted 12 minutes. The cardiologist told said when he saw my results:a person con can last 12 minutes running on the treadmill does not need a cardiologist. I bet YOU Tami would last the 17 minutes!
    DH is finally getting to my floor. When he called today they told him they had a great special with free shipping on left overs. So we may go with that. The floor doesn't have to be perfect I just want it to have bounce and be right for jumping.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was Body Revolution Workout 2 and PUB Back, Biceps and Abs. I like breaking up this workout into body parts.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and glad to hear that you are finding new golf courses. Fun that the rotation is working the way you want it to, and it should lead up to your vacation just perfect. Oh yes that is exactly what was going through my mind during the skunk situation, it just couldn't have been at a worse time. Just glad that everything seems to smell okay now.

Tami, WTG on the spinning. That really sounds like a great time with your friend, and you have to love the food. Sounds really tasty, and of course those cakes sound wonderful. I wear my FitBit all the time, you can even wear it in the shower. The only time it is off my wrist is when it needs to be charged.

Thelma, Nice job on KPC, glad that you are enjoying that one. That is what I have been told about pain meds also, but the nurse said that if the ibuprofen was working, then there was no need to take the other meds. All she said yesterday was that it was a little sore, but that was around the time that she needed to take her med. Glad to hear that your floor will be on track!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Spin class was a good one. Of course I got a bad time from Katy for not coming on Tuesday. I even told her what I was doing and she made a face. :s Sheesh! Today was a “CARDIO” day, on the schedule it called for Cathe’s RIDE workout and so I opted for KCM – Circuit Burn and I am getting my hair done tonight . . . Yahoo! I am a little overdue so it’s driving me crazy. She isn’t starting on it until 6:30, but oh well – I’m booked and getting it done. :)

Thelma: So happy to hear you are loving KPC! :) Way to go getting that one in last night. Awesome that the floor is getting closer and closer to being installed. Sounds like you have done your research! I have done a very detailed stress test (about 7 years ago and I was working a desk job then) with a cardiologist and passed with flying colors. It sounds like mine was different though; I wasn’t allowed to run so we were all waiting for my HR to go; it took nearly 30 minutes, with an incline added finally we got it to where they wanted. It was stressful mainly because of all the extra people in the room, standing by in case of a heart attack; I guess it is mandatory. The cardiologist I have seen says I am doing great, doing all the right things. So I should have reminded myself of that instead of the silly article getting me concerned. Thanks again Thelma for your reassurance and thoughts/help, I appreciate it.

Laurie: Great job again with Body Revolution 2 + your add-ons!! ;) Thanks again for your info on the FitBit and the ease of wearing it, that’s awesome. My friend told me when she goes Spinning she wears the larger band around her ankle so it counts the “steps” since your upper body isn’t really moving. Do you think that is the suggested/better/necessary way for Cycling, since I do Spin and Cycle I was just wondering your thoughts. And you said the other day you wear both for working out? Your HR monitor and the FitBit; doesn't interfere with one another's signals? Sorry for all the questions, obviously I'm interested in getting one. :)

Laurel: Good to hear from you and sounds like you and DH are having a great time together, which is so awesome. Way to get in your workouts and amazing job as always! Glad to hear you are loving the May rotation. Next week is my last week in this rotation, can’t believe it. Need to take another peak at that June rotation or maybe even May’s. ;) Exactly what I was thinking when I put High Step Training the other day “why don’t I fit this one in more often” Thank you for your thoughts and points on the sedentary lifestyle. I think you are spot on for what “they” are trying to say; not necessarily that everyone with a desk job should quit and start rock climbing for a living. Lol (Loved that) and I am glad you sort of felt that way when you read it too. I will just remain aware of it and get up and move like I have been, but I won’t “worry” so much about it. My doctors have always checked me out to be just fine and realize I sit all day so I must be doing things right. Our temps are cooling down starting today, thank goodness. It is too early to have these temps and of course, fire dangers already begin. Scary stuff. The weekend is supposed to be just over 75, so it will feel very nice.
    I didn’t realize you recently started wearing a FitBit as well?!?! Very nice! I bet it is a great tool for your day-to-day plus workouts and as Laurie and my friend had mentioned, the sleep tracker is nice too I would think.

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening ~ until tomorrow! :) Tami

• lvnascar
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was Body Revolution Cardio 1 and Kickbox Fastfix workout 2. Another fun combo. It always surprises me how tough that Fastfix workout is, for being so short. Have to give Jillian kudos on those workouts.

Tami, LOL on Katy giving you a tough time. Glad t hear that your class was a good one. I'm sure that you enjoyed the pampering with your hair appt., I know that I always am very happy to get my mop of hair cleaned up. I can see why she would put it on her ankle for the spinning, because the fitbit doesn't register you hr. I have not noticed that the two are affected by each other. I have it on my dominate hand, it isn't suppose to be as sensitive, at least that is what I'm told. I have found that mfp adjusts any readings from your fitbit, so I always enter what my hr reads. Like for instance yesterday, my fitbit was reading that I was over my calorie goal by around 398, and when I entered my workouts that reading went to a negative number to make the calorie reading accurate. Hope that made sense. I've added what the end of the day looked like below. I also make sure that the time of the workouts in mfp are at the right time, because when you look at your fitbit readings on your phone or computer, they will look like you didn't do anything.

Cardiovascular Minutes Calories Burned
    Body Revolution Cardio 1 ~ Jillian Michaels 26 278
    Kickbox Fastfix ~ Jillian Michaels 20 203
    Fitbit calorie adjustment Ic_i N/A 132

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies ~ Today was STS Total Body and then I went for a nice 45 min. walk with my friend who works in the same building as me (different company), its cooled down so it was very nice. She wants to get more active; the one who just bought a bike too. :) So we might start doing that. Get my "steps" in. ;) lol Plus help encourage a friend to get active. Waiting to hear the plan for tonight from DH, if we don't have any I will go to Spinning and then head home.

Laurie: Great combo yesterday! I bet that was lots of fun. Are the FastFix workouts with her Body Rev. series or separate? Sounds like an appropriate name if they get a lot done in a short time. ;) Thank you for the additional info on the FitBit. I think I am going to order one up and give it a try. So I will probably ask you and Laurel more questions. :o:( So your fitbit adjusted by adding in more calories it looks like vs. what your HR monitor told you? Your dominate hand being say your right hand and your HR monitor on left hand?
    Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend and your DD is healing up nicely.

Talk to you ladies on Monday! Have a great weekend.

Tami