Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's combo was RWH LIHI Legs followed by Kick Max. This was a really good combo, and hit the legs nicely in all places. I will have to remember this one.

Tami, sounds like a tough class! And next week is going to be harder?!? Maybe your pups will need a walk. :p I am happy your mom embraces driving in LA. It isn't for everybody, that's for sure. But there is so much to do she never has to be bored. Sounds like she has a great attitude about aging.

Thelma, great workout! Those XT strength workouts are so good. Glad to hear you feel like your walk is getting better. That has got to be a relief. And no PT sounds encouraging as well. I will be anxious to hear what you learn in your follow-up appointment. Hopefully the bone shift will just go down as 'one of those things but everything's fine'.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the game despite the loss. I totally agree about the skipping school tradition. I wouldn't encourage it either. Great job getting in a late workout. Believe me, my arms are 'feeling the love' today too! :) I am sorry to hear your MIL has put down her foot on moving. Your DH must be so frustrated/concerned.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's Spin class was a good one. Katy was gone so we had the BootCamp instructor, Jessica. She did a good job but it was SOOOOO hot in that room. It was like middle of the summer, no A/C hot. I guess the A/C wasn't working?!?!?! We aren't sure but we all joked that it was "Hot Spin Class" (like Hot Yoga), lol.
    This a.m. was Supercuts + Core. I snapped my blue resistance band this a.m. YIKES! Scared me, I was doing that tricep extension with band that you do in that workout and it just snapped at the handle. So I opted for weights and/or my other band I had from P90X days. Do you guys ever have them break? I was shocked that this one broke and I have broke 2 of the other bands without handles. Maybe they are just dry and brittle over time.
    Tonight is my evening off so I may go by Costco on my way home if I don't work late. I am helping one of the Title officers with a huge project and it needs to be done by tomorrow. If I do get home early enough between stopping and dinner prep I will hopefully take the kids for a walk when it cools down. It's warm today; muggy for us actually. Nothing like yours Laurel ;)

Laurel: Great job with that combo ~ it really does sound like a keeper! Love it when you string a couple together and think "I've got to remember that" because it is just perfect. I KNOW, right?!!? Yikes. One girl couldn't even finish the class the other night, I cannot imagine she will show up. I think my mom driving herself in downtown Portland so much and the commute she had while she worked prepared her for "anything" or almost anything. She has been the nephews care taker a few times while there and had to pick them up from school, to school, groceries, etc. So she is all over not being afraid of it. I on the other hand, I am happy to be the passenger. I did drive last June when I was there though.

Thelma: Great job with the workout! I bet it did feel good. That is one I did earlier this week and was also reminded at what a thorough Bi/Tri workout it is. I often get bored training Bi's/Tri's :p Not sure why, but I do and that one just keeps moving and alternates.

Laurie: Good on ya for heading down to the basement at that time. I am snoozing by then ;) Way to go. That is pretty funny you saw your niece and sent her a pic. I bet she was surprised to see you there. It is funny how they have Senior Skip Day . . . you are almost done, just get those days finished. I know I went, but I would have been right in the middle of Softball season and in trouble if I would have skipped. LOL
    I think if Katy could figure out how to make us roll the big tires or carry people on our backs she would. One of the guys she will pick on sometimes and say "get your knees up" or whatever it may be, he will say "I'm tired" - cracks me up every time and drives her crazy. She is intensity at it's best that is forsure!

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ Until tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I didn't workout tonight. Long day at work and then I got stuck in traffic on the highway and then 1/2 mile from home! There was an accident right at the corner of my street. Don't know what happened but I am typing this post for the second time. Next thing I know the entire MFP tab went blank on me.
    Bought some new DVD's:
    Cathe Friedrich Kick Punch And Crunch And Legs And Glutes DVD
    30 Minutes to Fitness Abs & Core - Kelly Coffey Meyer
    Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 Minutes To Fitness Body Training DVD
    I wanted workouts that did leg floor work and use ankle weights. KCM's Body Training DVD is for lower body with a workout on the floor. Cathe's workout uses ankle weights but I'm not sure if there is floor work. I hope so!
    The core one looked good and you can do 10 minute segments if you don't want to do the entire workout. I'll have to try at least one this weekend!

Laurie, good for you for working out at 9:30! Talk about making me feel guilty! OMG you are too funny texting your DH's niece her picture at the stadium! Glad you found something to wear to the game and that your plants are looking good and not shocked. I read that you have to fill the hole with water when you put plants in the ground. I did that for my peonies but I had already shocked mine by not keeping it water.
    I don't blame you for not allowing your DD to skip class today. I bet she can't wait for tomorrow! LOL

Laurel, tat sounds like a really good combo! Good job!
    The fact that my walk is feeling like second nature to me now is a huge relief. The foot still gets stiff when I sit down for a while so I do limp during the day. I will definitely let you ladies know what the doctor tells me on Wed.

Tami, I'm glad the sub instructor was so good! too bad about the heat though! Are you talking about the flat (like the firewalker bands) resistance bands or the tube bands? I've had those flat resistance bands snap on me. It is scary. The flat bands do snap. The tube ones no. I've never had one of those snap on me and I have some pretty old ones.
    It's been muggy here too. I can't tell you when we had rain here last. Tonight we had chances of thunderstorms an it got dark and windy then nothing! No rain!
    I can't believe you find that Bi's and Tri's workout boring but you're right it is very thorough.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

DD was off to her last day of school this morning, and she was out the door to make the 6am senior breakfast. I should have gotten a picture of her, but totally forgot. I got in a workout yesterday, and it was a ton of fun. RWH Low Impact HiiT One and Two Premix was my workout of choice. My ankle is not hurting at all, so this will be my last week of low impact. I'm still planning on doing low impact, but stepping it up a bit with some higher cardio. Will be going to the sectional track meet after work, to see if the relay team will qualify for the state meet next weekend. They have to come in any of the first three positions to qualify.

Laurel, Great workout! I did the Kickmax workout recently, and just love the additional leg work that she includes in that one. The leg workout is on my agenda for Sunday. I'm still feeling the love today from that upper body workout, just in different places. Guess that two day thing is for muscles I may not have worked in a while.

Tami, That had to be a tough workout being hot like that. Now that it is getting warmer outside the sweat is just running during the workouts, can't imagine not having any cooling when that happens. I also was in softball season when we had our senior skip day, I attended school. Of course having your Dad working at the school would have busted me anyway. I'm sure that there would have been plenty of people willing to tell my Dad that I wasn't in school. ;) Well I will not e-mail Katy to suggest such a thing, she would probably have you roll tires and then run! :p

Thelma, Don't feel guilty about missing the workout! I didn't get one in for a week, so I really needed to get my butt in gear. I really like that Body Training DVD from Kelly. I am thinking about getting that ab workout also, she really does some interesting ab work in her DVD's. I just have a hard time remembering which ones have the added ab work. The Legs & Glutes workout does have floor work, and she uses weights. DH said to the youngest this morning, have a great last of High School! It just was a little strange to realize that the next portion of her schooling will be for getting a job.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday! I started today's workout with Cathe's CTX Upper Body Split, and I am very happy to say my endurance is much better than when I did this one about six weeks ago! I was even able to increase weight in most sections, so that is good. I followed it with Cross Fire Extreme. This is the end of my RWH/XT rotation.....and I still don't know what is next!! I guess I have a day to figure it out.

Tami, I hate working out in a hot room with no air moving. I don't mind hot....as long as there is air moving. So kudos to you for sticking around that. I have never had tubing break. The flat bands..yes. But never the tubing, and I have some old tubing. But it only makes sense it can get brittle and worn over time. But that would seriously alarm me too!

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the accident. The Cathe Kick, Punch and Crunch/Legs and Glutes DVD is one of my all time favorites. KPC is a great kickboxing workout for when you are back up for that. It is somewhat similar to Rockout Knockout. Legs and Glutes is a fantastic leg workout. About 30 minutes of it is standing work, the latter 10 minutes of that with ankle weights. The floor work is about 12 minutes long--with ankle weights--and is good. The DVD also has some great premixes combining the two workouts. I think you chose wisely!

Laurie, I just did that RWH premix last week for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad to hear your ankle is better now. I can't believe this is your DD's last day of school! I bet she is excited. Hope she has a great day.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a nice weekend. We had a nice quiet one and finally got serious rain today! On Friday I tried both KCM workouts. The body training workout I thought was going to be all about legs and the floor section included too many pushups for my taste so I was not impressed. There was no quad workout which is what I was hoping for. I think next time I do this workout I'll wear my ankle weights and I'll do quads during the pushup section. The Ab/Core workout was really good it was a compilation of all her ab workouts. The floor ab workout is about 44 minutes long and I did 33 of it which was good for me. Saturday I was really lazy. I didn't workout and today I did my spinning bike.

Laurie, that RWH Low impact workout is awesome. I'm glad you ankle isn't hurting anymore. HOw did the relay team do? It must be surreal to know that your daughter's high school days are over!

Laurel, WOW! That was one insane workout! Congrats on finishing the RWH/XT rotation. Thanks for the breakdown on the Legs & Glutes workout and I am glad you think it was a good choice.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout on Friday or Saturday. Youngest didn't make it to state, but they where tenths of a second from going. Her dance recital was on Saturday, and her solo was beautiful. Apparently it made people in the audience tear up. She danced to I Will Fly from the movie Brave. Finally on Sunday I was able to get in a workout, and I my choice was Jillians No More Trouble Zones. I'm ready to be on a more normal schedule for a little while anyway.

Laurel, I really love the CTX upper body, it hits everything so well. I'm still really searching for something that will stick. I think that I want to do so many things, and am having a hard time mixing them into a rotation. This whole week was finishing up things for my dd. No more school, dance or track. I just wish that it hadn't fallen all in one week. :D

Thelma, Sorry to hear that the Body Training workout wasn't what you where looking for. I'm not a huge fan of the floor work one, but some premixes are good. Glad to hear that the ab/core workout was good. Yep very surreal, and it will all end on Sunday when she graduates. I don't think it will hit me until that moment she is handed her diploma.

Tami, Hope you had an enjoyable weekend!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice, quiet weekend here. The weather was beautiful so we enjoyed golf both afternoons and breakfasts/dinners on the back porch. We are enjoying this while we still can...because soon it will, no doubt, get too hot for such things.

Saturday was my day off from workouts and after having gone two weeks straight without a break, I needed it. I opted to do Cathe's May rotation this month because it focuses on cardio, total body workouts and includes workouts I don't do very often. So yesterday started with Gym Style Chest and Triceps followed by To The Max. Today was Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Step Moves. Good stuff.

Thelma, I am sorry the KCM workout wasn't quite what you hoped but, hopefully, you can make it work for you with some modification. Lucky you getting some rain!! We could really use some right now. We have gotten little amounts for a few days, but we really need a good, long rain right now.

Laurie, hopefully after this week you can take a breath! I am happy to hear your daughter's last dance recital went well. But I am sorry to hear she won't be at the state track meet. I bet she is excited for Sunday!! I was really having trouble figuring out what workouts I wanted to do this month, trying to find something that would work with DH's ever changing schedule and be done for when we leave on our trip at the end of the month. I am just glad Cathe's May rotation looked fun so I didn't have to search any further. I think I might still be staring at my DVD's if that were the case. :p

Tami, hope you had a good weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! Happy Monday :) Very busy day here at work on Friday and had to run out briefly on some errands so I missed ya, sorry about that. Weekend was good, I worked out both days. Saturday I went with a "new" KCM workout that I purchased called Lean Body Circuits and it was good. A lot of variety in her cardio and strength moves; then yesterday was the start of Week #10 of my Cathe rotation I have been doing with Lift It HiiT Hit Chest/Shoul/Tri's - I did the xtreme premix where she adds on one round prior to the bonus. Then I added on KCM Kickbox 30-min premix. Today's workout is Lift It HiiT It Lower Body - at home this evening! DH is gone tonight, had to take a quick trip to Seattle so I have the room to myself and opted for that instead of BootCamp. Plus another huge thunder storm is coming, Emma will want in BADLY. Poor girl.

Laurel: Way to go on the workouts! Wowsa :) Sounds like a perfect rotation to go into after what you just finished up! I may need to take a peak at that one as well. Being on week #10 I need to start looking ahead to see what is next for me as well. Yikes, it has snuck up on me (as they always do). Your weekend sounds absolutely awesome with the golf and gorgeous weather. We had thunder storms and sunshine so it was muggy for us. We went to a friends wedding reception at the Country Club and the huge rain storm had just hit and left prior to the reception. The evening was gorgeous blue sky and sunny. My "old" boss (owner/broker) of the real estate company I worked for was there. it was painful for me but I faked it the best I could.

Laurie: Sorry to hear about DH not qualifying for State. Her dance sounds like it was absolutely perfect and a great way to end the season. I am sure bitter sweet for you all. Nice job getting in that JM workout yesterday; I always enjoyed that one. IT has been a very long time since I did it.

Thelma: Way to get right into the new workouts you bought and Congrats on all those!!! Always fun. Sorry to hear you didn't like that KCM one. :/ I bet you will have a lot of success for the others!
    Yes, it was the blue tube with the handles that broke. Right where the tubing joins into the handle, just snapped out of there. :o
    I think you had misunderstood on my comment on her Bi's/Tri's workout - I really, really like that one and normally I get bored/mind wandering training bi's and tri's so that one is always one I look forward to. That was what I was trying to say. ;)

Hope you ladies all have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow,
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did my eye test today and although I didn't see the doctor who is the one who will interpret the test the tech showed me the results and I could see that it was WAY better than last weeks. This is a visual field test but it is not the regular glaucoma one. This one is to see if the lupus med is causing damage to my retina. I can't wait for the ophthalmologist to call me with the results. I also saw my rheumatologist today and told him what was happening with the eye exam. He says that if the eye doctor thinks it's causing damage we will stop the med right away and if I have a flare up I will go back on chemo. I had my yearly physical too and that went well. The doctors ordered bloodwork so I'll find out soon what the results were. The doctor told me that baby boomers are being tested for hepatitis C now because the medical field believes there are a lot of baby boomers with hepatitis C who could now be treated. There were no meds before and with this new med they can be cured. There are no symptoms for this disease apparently.
    No workout tonight. I left home at 11:30 and got home at 6pm, then we had a quick dinner and back to work upstairs. I had to finish work I started last week and wasn't able to finish.

Laurie, sorry you DD didn't make the state. So glad her dance recital went so well! Is she going to keep dancing? Good for you for getting a workout in!
    I was kind of sad about the KCM workout because she's usually so good. I'll be able to make it better when I use ankle weights. I am sure your DD's diploma will bring the water works on! LOL

Laurel, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend full of fun stuff and great workouts! That rotation sounds great! I really think I can make the KCM workout if I used the ankle weights and did quad work during the pushup time. The rain continued on/off during the day and tonight it's raining again. Our AC unit in the basement is sick. There was water on the floor so we've had to call an HVAC repair place. It picked a good week to break because it got pretty cold and raw with the rain.

Tami, glad you had a good weekend and got some nice workouts in. I totally misunderstood what you said about the Bi's and Tri's workout! LOL
    WOW! You must've used that blue tube A LOT for it to have snapped like that. I am not a fan of those tubes so mine don't get a lot of action. If it was old then I can see how it dried up with time just like the rubber parts on my crutches did in the last 9 years.
    I am glad you liked your new KCM workout!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sorry for this second post. I got an error message when I posted so it showed up twice
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing. Had a lot of fun with that one. Was going to try another workout, but there was so much noise upstairs that I had to find out what was going on. My oldest is going to be moving out, and has found an apartment. Another change in the household. :'( That was what all the noise was, her talking and showing floor plans of two different apartments to DH and youngest. Youngest is registered for her cosmetology courses for the fall, the first time she hit the button this morning, she got an error message. She and my husband where freaking out, and she got in one of the 14 slots that where available for the fall program.

Laurel, I love those Gym Styles, and of course you have inspired me to do some of Cathe's older workouts. I'm going to do the Pyramid workouts, and see how those go. Mix in some of the newer ones also along the way. I don't know how much breathing I will be doing this week, after work all the track girls will be at our house for their end of the year party. DD volunteered our house for the event, because no one else would. The best part is that I don't have to cook anything. Otherwise nothing else will be happening until Friday when my family starts showing up at our house for the weekend.

Tami, Great workouts! I was wondering how those new KCM workouts where, I will probably order them at some point. Our dog is by one of us during thunderstorms, and if they come through at night she is by our bed. Usually surprises us when we look down and see a dog laying there, she doesn't sleep in our room normally. That JM workout always surprises me with DOMS, so I guess that it is good to put it in every once in a while.

Thelma, Hope everything works out for you with all that you have going on medically right now. KCM does mention that if you want to up the workout to add in weights, I just wish that I had some decent ankle weights. I have not found any that I really like.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started my workout with Great Glutes and finished it with Afterburn Bonus Burn. I really love that workout!

Tami, great workouts this weekend! I can't believe you are in your 10th week of this rotation!! Where does time go? I am really looking forward to starting it next month. I am going to start keeping track of your weather up there. Four weeks from today we fly across the country! I am getting really excited. As I said before, we don't actually care what the weather is like, but if it is cool/rainy, I want to be prepared. By that time of the summer, cooler for us will mean 80! :)

Thelma, I am happy your eye appointment went better. Keep us posted on the results, though. I can't imagine you want to be back on chemo, so I have my fingers crossed for good news for you.....and no flare ups. Interesting news about Hep C. I had not heard about increased testing.

Laurie, great workout. Definitely sounds like another busy week for you. But hopefully it will be fun as well. I am sorry to hear about another transition with your oldest moving out! That will be another adjustment again. Enjoy those Pyramid workouts! I think I might be doing them later on in this rotation. Next week I am going to do Pure Strength which I haven't done in forever. I am really looking forward to them.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great workout last night with Lift It HiiT It Legs + Abs and then made some dinner, talked to DH and about then the storm came in. High winds, thunder/lightening for over an hour and then a complete downpour continued. Poor Emma. She kept me up off and on throughout the wee hours; panting, pacing, etc. I really need to get something from the vet I think. With 4th of July holiday coming before we know it and any more of these storms. No workout this a.m. but tonight I will be heading to Katy's "This is going to Hurt" class. Mainly because I missed this a.m. but also for that feeling of achievement when it's over. :);)

Thelma: Good news on the eye appt. definitely keep us posted on your results. Sending good thoughts your way for nothing but good news! Sounds like you are busy, busy into your work schedule already, hang in there. Hopefully your foot is feeling better and better?!?! On my blue tube, I really don't feel I use it that much; only in her workouts that she uses it. I think it was perhaps a flaw or I pulled just right. lol

Laurie: Sounds like you have a very busy week/weekend ahead and the ongoing changes are probably a little stressful too. Exciting for her though I am sure. I remember those days. Congrats to your other daughter too for getting on the wait list right away; she should get in don't you think? Yes, Emma sleeps right next to the bed every night and last night she was up, into our bathroom, our closet, the front room, the other side of the bed, etc... just Nervous Nelly forsure. Breathing hard even when she was asleep. That KCM workout is a lot of fun and I did get her other "new" one that has the Pyramid Style lifting on it; I will let you know how I like it when I give that one a try as well.

Laurel: Another amazing day in the workout room! Great job. I can't believe I am either; going to look into maybe the June 2015 she just posted or some others that I have saved. The June one looks good I thought. I think you will both be very happy with the cooler temps and lack of humidity for your trip to this side of the country. YAY! It will be so much fun.

Hope you all have a great evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, tonight I did Gym Style Back, shoulders, biceps. I didn't have a good foot day. I'm not sure if it is because it's been rainy and raw and I was on my feet a lot today. I got good news from the ophthalmologist early this evening. The test looked good and nothing like the one last week. I have a follow up visit in 6 months and we will also repeat the test then. I finally get to find out how my foot bone did in the last two weeks tomorrow afternoon. I can continue taking my medicine.

Laurie, great workout! I can't believe your eldest is moving out! That must be so sad. I bet your youngest can't wait to start her cosmetology classes! Now she'll get to practice on you! hope I get home at a decent time tomorrow from my appointments. I will probably do that KCM workout with ankle weights. I am not crazy about my ankle weights and I understand what you mean about not finding one you like.

Laurel, great workouts! After Burn is a lot of fun.
    I'm thrilled about my eye exam results. My lupus med has also been reduced to 1 dose every other day and that is good for my eyes. Hopefully I won't relapse. I thought it was interesting too that doctors believe there are a lot of people out there with hepatitis c.

Tami, great workouts! I hope Katy doesn't hurt you too bad tonight! AWWW! Poor Emma! I had the cats out on the deck on Memorial day when the parade was going on up the street. There were some explosions but they were not fireworks. Maybe some kind of a cannon. The cats weren't scared.
    Thanks for sending good health wishes my way. We are really busy at work. I wonder why your tube snapped if you don't use it too often.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me, to many track girls at our house yesterday. I was told all that was necessary for us was tables, electric power and a back yard. The coach was busy checking in all the uniforms, and the other coaches didn't seem to know anything. I got everything organized for them to eat. Overall it went well.

Oldest DD signed a lease yesterday, so if the application is approved, she will be moving at the beginning of July.

Laurel, Good workouts! Nice that you have the perfect four week rotation, and then you are going on vacation. I think I have come up with a rotation that I will be happy with. I'm planning on an upper, lower, arm and total body workout along with cardio. That way I can use different total body or upper/lower body workouts that I have. I think I can get in a variety of instructors doing it this way also. This was called the Tank Top Rotation that was posted on Cathe's forum a long time ago. I'm getting that Pyramid workout in tonight no matter what! :D

Tami, Great leg workout, and I hope you had a good time at the This is Going to Hurt class! :) I totally understand about the July 4th celebrations, and how the dog reacts. We have the same problem, she doesn't stop barking and getting herself worked up. I was surprised that on Sunday, someone in our neighborhood was shooting of stuff she didn't react at all. They where not that intense, but she usually hears everything. Oh I really like the Pyramid style lifting, hope that you enjoy that too.

Thelma, Everyone is doing some great workouts! I'm so glad to hear that you got some great news on your eyes. LOL about my dd practicing on me. I think that I will like having someone that can color my hair, it just seems strange to give up my stylist. She has done a great job, but I'm hoping that my dd will be good at it also. I would much rather give dd the business than someone else, even though my stylist does do a great job for me.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today with LIS Upper Body Trisets, a workout I probably should do more often because it really is sneaky good. For cardio, I started with Turbo Fire HiiT 25 then right into Hard Strikes. I love kickboxing days!

Tami, hope Katy's class wasn't too painful! I am anxious to hear what she had you do this week. Poor Emma and those storms. I feel so sorry for dogs during the 4th of July celebrations. There is no way of calming them, that's for sure. Hopefully the vet can help, though. I thought the June rotation looked good too, especially incorporating Slow and Heavy and 4DS and those types of workouts I use too infrequently. I am going to remember that one for later, that's for sure.

Thelma, great workout, though I am sorry to hear about the bad foot day. But yay! On the good news about the eyes. One less thing to worry about now!

Laurie, I am happy the track event at your house went all right. I hope your DD enjoys her new place. That move is going to come up quickly, isn't it? I like my stylist too, but the opportunity of getting all that mess done in the privacy of my home would be such good news to me! Hopefully your DD enjoys it. Your new rotation sounds great! That is actually similar to what I am trying to do with this May rotation, though I am using only Cathe right now. Enjoy those Pyramids!

Any thoughts on Cathe's new workouts? I was a little disappointed to see 'intermediate', but I will probably get them as I can always use more variety in my regime, including variety in my intensity levels. My poor body is really beginning to tell me that! :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well last night was not nearly as bad as what she described it to be. I won't tell her that of course ;) we did a very similar class as last week but no stair sprinting in between. We did 5 various circuits, timed and you had to do 50 of ea, 40 of ea, 30 of ea, 20 of ea then she changed them up. A lot of box jumps, tuck jumps, push-ups, burpees, wall balls, plate pushes again and plate carries across the gym and back which equaled 1 lap. Planks & ab work at the end. This a.m. was Lift It HiiT It Bi's/Back/Shoulders and tonight will be Spinning.

Laurel: Sounds like a really fun combo of workouts! I always look forward to KB days as well. I did see the new workouts today and I was also taken back at the word "intermediate" but thought the workouts sounded really good. :) A good mix with more intensity would probably be perfect; and like you, my body will probably thank me. I am sure I will get them as well.

Laurie: Such fun times for your DD having her team over and the end of the year celebration. You're an awesome mom to host them all. Fingers crossed you get your workout in tonight, I am sure you are anxious to do so. Thanks for the kudos on the Leg work and for sympathizing about poor Emma. I think I am even more in tune with her nerves/health than ever due to her age. It just makes me nervous. She is my "baby" ;) Bernie too but I am glad he is the opposite when it comes to storms and fireworks.

Thelma: Great news on your eyes!! Yay, congrats. Katy was actually good to us. I think it was due to a lot of "new" people in the bunch. She keeps scaring newbies off and they never come back. Maybe she is trying a new approach. Maybe?!!?

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Legs and Glutes workout that comes with the Kick, Punch and Crunch DVD. LOVED IT!! This is what I've been looking for all this time! The ankle weight workout was great. There were lunges so I kept shallow on the left side. I used 5 lb ankle weights. I did a serious leg massage tonight because I'm afraid I'll be very sore tomorrow. I need to do this workout every day to get my legs back in shape. This workout is more old school but I loved it because I could feel it hitting the right areas.
    I went for my foot follow and I got good news! The bone has healed completely and it didn't move more. Today's X-Ray show a very subtle move. Two weeks ago the tech used a different technique than what the woman did today. The doctor explained that the angle the x-ray is taken from can make things look more exaggerated which is what happened last time. The doctor told me that I can now start doing the things I did before the surgery. I can start jumping, doing things on my toes. I did tell her that I had this pain when I walked that felt like I was walking on the bone. There is a bone where it hurts but the doctor thinks it could be scar tissue. I asked her if she could extract some fat from my body and inject it on my foot so I can have extra padding there. LOL
    I asked her about my walk. I told her what I was doing to have both my point straight ahead and how I start drifting to the right. She thinks I'm over thinking the walking. She explained that I drift to the right because I'm turning my foot left foot inwards and that makes my hip sort of turn me to the right. One thing I asked her was if anything I did made the bone move. She told me to stop being so hard on myself and wished they had never showed me the x-ray because it scared me so much. I'm going back for a follow up in 3 months. What a relief ladies! I can't stop thanking God for healing my bone.
    Thanks ladies for being happy for me about my eyes and I know you will be too about my foot.

Laurie, great job on hosting the girls at your house! Is your oldest going to live near you?
    Do you think it would be a good idea to have your DD go watch your hairdresser doing your hair? If she watches the pro you may feel more comfortable letting your DD practice on you. It would definitely be better to give your DD the business.

Laurel, Sounds like another great combo! I can't wait to do some kickboxing! I am going to try that kick, punch and crunch DVD next. You have that one right?
    That intermediate program sounds great for my skill set. Maybe this is what I need to take me to the next level. I've gone from the easy workouts to advanced Cathe workouts. I've never understood why Cathe never had a modifier so it's about time for her to introduce one! I am definitely going to pre-order the new program!
    I am enjoying the Gym Style workouts. I don't have the full series and I don't even how many DVD's that series has. I have 3, two upper body and 1 legs.

Tami, awesome workouts! I am glad Katy wasn't too hard on you guys! Is Katy's class an advanced class? Does the class description calls it an advanced class? It has to be hard for her to cater to a mixed group of beginners and advanced people. How can she not scare them off? It seems to me from your class descriptions that Katy is an teaching an advanced class. Why are the newbies there? I would run away from Katy's class too. What that gym needs is a special class for beginners. I would be afraid that all those beginners will get hurt in Katy's class. Making this advanced class easy for the beginners is not fair to you and the other regulars. Maybe Katy needs an assistant to do the modifications for the beginners!
    I am offsite tomorrow taking a software security training course. Lord please help me stay awake! The class goes from 8:30 to 6pm tomorrow and Friday! Can you believe this? The course subject is the most boring thing ever. Others who have taken it say it's boring. I won't time to workout the next two days and may not check in with you ladies so let me wish you a wonderful weekend now.
    Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday my workout was Pyramid Upper Body minus the abs, and Kettlebell Kickboxing Legs. Awesome workouts! I went as heavy as possible for that workout, and I can really feel those muscles. Nice enjoyable evening for us, nothing else was going on for once.

Laurel, Great workouts, and kickboxing is of course the best! I'm including those Trisets in my rotation. I'm going to do the Pyramids for four weeks and then change to the Triset workouts. You are right, it sure would be nice to be in my home while getting my hair done, have not thought about that before. ;) I'm going to be getting those workouts, they sound like the CTX without all the impact. At least I hope that is the case. It sounds like she is including some blast for those people who want to up the intensity.

Tami, Glad the workout wasn't as torturous as Katy had described. Love the weight workout also. The youngest leaves today to go the the state track meet, she is going to cheer on her friend who is participating in the high jump. She was iffy on going, because the family is coming down. I told her to go, you don't get those kind of experiences that often. My "baby" is at doggy daycare today, and she was talking up a storm for the whole drive there.

Thelma, Super glad the you enjoyed that workout, it really is going to make you feel those muscles. I think that one hits just about everything on your leg. ;) I have to get myself some new weights for my ankles, because that workout is really good. Yes the oldest is going to be living around the same area, so she will be close. Great idea on the hair dresser, I will have to do that when she gets close to that point. I could also go to the school that she is training at, they have a salon.

Have a great day!
    Laurie