Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

We had a front come through yesterday and I was having a horrible sinus headache. This causes me to be stuffed up also, but once the rain starts I get better. :p So after work I just couldn't do a workout with my sinuses the way they where. So a good nights sleep, and I was up doing 30MTF Cardio Blast Athletic Step this morning.

Laurel, I'm very impressed that you where able to get in your workout through everything that you where going through. Glad to hear that you and your sisters bonded, and that you Mom is being cared for. Very nice that your DH took care of everything while you where gone. I bet that wine/relax/bed felt great after all that you had to do. I have not tried to clean the DVD yet, so will see how that works and then it will be waiting for that one to go on sale to replace it. Or I will opt for do the streaming service, still have to try the test to see if it will work. I think that might be a fun option, that way I get to try out her live classes.

Tami, Great workouts! I will be trying my first Tempo workout tomorrow, so will make sure that I count. I usually do, but will make sure that I don't forget. I have had this happen will the app before, and usually shutting down the device and rebooting it works for me. We have the rain again today, and it was really a very very wet walk with Rocket this morning. He really looked drenched when we got back into the house this morning. So glad to hear that your DH's knees is coming along so well, and glad to hear that his therapy is improving. That is one of the most important parts of recovery.

Thelma, Nice job on the H&C workout! Can't believe that you are on the home stretch with this rotation, that really seemed to fly by. Our Sunday was like that with the frost, but with the tree cover, all of my plants were okay. I didn't realize that it was suppose to get that cold on Saturday night. You will do awesome on that course if you keep telling yourself that! Our Rocket is fast becoming a great dog, never thought I would be saying that. His terrible puppy stages are not as frequent, which gives me hope.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,877 Member
    Hi Ladies. I am feeling much more like myself today. Not 100% yet......but much better than yesterday. My day started with my workout (as opposed to a trip back to bed, as I did yesterday), which helped. I did STS Disk 35/Plyo Legs. Then, for cardio, i did LIS Low Impact Challenge and the bonus step section for a good 71 minute cardio workout. I knew I was feeling better when I found myself enjoying Low Impact Challenge because that is a workout that is hard for me to enjoy. :)

Tami, sounds like a good weekend. I remember that about the Tempo workouts. I only did them once, but I think after a few times through I would get used to Sagi's pace/counting/not counting, etc. But I really like the variety they add to the program. Glad to hear your DH's knee continues to improve.

Thelma, wow! You are definitely on the downhill side of H&C! Glad you are seeing the benefits from it and BB. Shoulders are a tough area for me, too. But after doing those two programs, I am as strong as I have ever been in my shoulders. My sisters kept commenting on my muscles when we were in Phoenix. Made me smile. Thank you Sagi, Autumn and Cathe!! I have to say that I have really enjoyed doing STS after BB and H&C. I hope you are able to come up with a rotation that works for you.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the sinus headache. I have been fighting my sinuses since I got to Phoenix. No fun and, no doubt, one of the reasons I feel so run down. Glad you were better this morning. Happy to hear Rocket is losing his puppy stages a bit. Sounds like he makes for a good companion.

Thanks all for your well wishes on the Mom's health. It means a lot to me!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s BC class was pretty good. We had Jessica again (the regular instructor) and she did kind of her same format she has done before with stations and 2 exercises at each for 1:30. We went around twice then did some rowing on the row machines, jump rope and burpees, then back into one more round of the stations. She even attempted some of the stations with us; usually she doesn’t. This a.m. was TEMPO Back/Bi’s and tonight I will head to Katy’s Insane X.

Laurel: Happy to hear you were feeling a little better and more normal – great workout!!! Energy must be there despite not being 100% just yet. Nicely done. Yes, I think the TEMPO workouts definitely provide a great variety to this program; very happy I made the purchase and thank you for the great reviews or I may have not. Starting to think ahead for my “next” rotation and I do think I will be looking into that Rotation Manager website to put something together. 21 Day Fix XTreme + H&C I am thinking. Thank you on DH’s knee, it’s good to see as well. The PT explained to him yesterday that with all that arthritis in his knee this healing period and swelling is just going to be a longer process, to be patient and know it is getting better. So that was good to hear. He has felt like maybe something is wrong at times.

Laurie: Sorry to hear about the sinus headache. I know several people who are suffering from bad allergies and sinus headaches right now, no fun at all. Good idea on resting. Good job getting up this a.m. with Cardio Blast workout! I’ll be anxious to hear what you think of the TEMPO workout(s) as well. Yes, counting and going slow is part of the process in those and he changes it each set. Good stuff though and like I told Laurel, I really like the added variety. I’m glad Rocket is turning into such a great dog for you guys, that’s so great.

Thelma: On the home stretch forsure! Great job with Chisel Agility last night. I cannot believe Phase #3 is here and it isn’t very long and I will be moving on to another rotation. As I told Laurel, I think I will use that Rotation Manager website to make something for myself. I will remember to look on the Chisel Agility workout next time I do it ….. LOL Yes, we are hoping for beauty in our yard and a better control of it. When we first moved in I planted things that just took over and when they became “adult” plants they weren’t very attractive. So live and learn, tried my best but starting over with some more manageable landscape will be good for us.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did X10 w/u, Hammer Conditioning. I had 4 hours worth of meetings this afternoon. I was like a zombie after that. I had to force myself to workout and I struggled with some of the exercises like the burpees. I did go up in weights in 2 exercises which was great.

Laurie, sorry about your sinus headache and good for you for getting a workout in this morning! Last week allergies were bothering me. I was sneezing a lot and my nose was itchy. The itchy nose is my clue that I'm dealing with allergies. Much better this week.
    I can't believe I'm on week 6 of this rotation. I need to get my act together and work on my next rotation. I started it a couple of months ago and never finished it. I need to change it though now that I've done BB and H&C. So glad Rocket is turning out to be such a great doggy!

Laurel, so glad you're feeling more like your normal self. Given today's combo I'd say you're back to normal! LOL.
    I can't tell you how happy I am about my shoulders. I am sure your sisters loved your muscles! I think I can come up with a rotation. I just have to get with the program!

Tami, great workouts! Sounds like you had a pretty good BC class! The Rotation Manager tool is a pretty good tool. I'll have to use it some day. I know I want to give STS a try. A low maintenance yard is a good thing to have. Landscaping is not easy. Some people seem to create such beautiful gardens. I am not good at it but give flowers a shot in the summer time! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 2016
    Morning Ladies,

After work was BB Bulk Shoulders. This morning I was inspired to do a Jillian workout. I have had her new Bodyshred workouts for a long time, so I pulled out the first workout Launch. I used light weights, because I have the BB workouts for the weight work. This first workout focuses on chest, triceps, shoulders, lower body and abs. She uses her 3-2-1 method, which is what the 30 Day Shred was like. The first workout was tough, and I did have to stop before the 30 sec. was up for some exercises. So will try some of the others over the next week. After work is my hair appt., so hope to get in that Tempo workout after. She usually gets me out pretty quick.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you are feeling better, it amazes me how traveling can really drain your body. Top that off with additional stress, so can just imagine what you had gone through. I really don't enjoy when I have those sinus issues, just happy that it wasn't the start of a cold. Great job on the workouts, and that you enjoyed a workout that has some dread factor to it.

Tami, Great job on the second Tempo workout, really am going to make the effort to do the first one tonight so I don't screw up the current rotation anymore. I have been waffling with what I would like to do with my rotation, and even before I saw your post, I was thinking of H&C. :D I was thinking of doing 30 days with Sagi's workouts, along with the Bodyshred workouts. I like your thoughts on the 21DFX and H&C combo. The look great in 8 was just more weight work that I really wasn't interested in. I was more interested to try out metabolic type workouts. Jillian does fit the bill on that score, and then I would be getting heavier weight work with Sagi. So far it has appeal, but that is subject to change also.

Thelma, Nice job getting your workout in when you where tired. Hopefully the sinuses will not have to many issues this year. I'm sure that when I get home tonight I will be hungry, so will have to wait a little while before I can head to my workout area to get in my workout. I will not have endured a 4 hour meeting though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies. Feeling better even yet today, which is good. I was wondering about that when I first got up because my energy level was so low. But I think I might have just been hungry. I ate breakfast before my workout, and now I feel much better. Anyhow, for my workout, I started with STS Disk 36/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. And I was able to use my heaviest weight throughout, so that was good. Then, for cardio, I started with RWH Low Impact HiiT One into LIS Cardio Supersets. This was a really good combo. I finished it with RWH Core 1. Just one more day of Meso 3! Hard to believe.

Tami, sounds like an okay BC class. I guess those rumors of Katy taking over were just rumors. That's too bad. I bet your DH feels better after the PT explained that what he is experiencing is expected. I think I could handle slower recovery if the word 'slower' isn't preceded by 'unusually' or 'unexpectedly'. Sounds like you have a good plan for your next rotation. I am going to be rotation-less for most of June I think. And then I am going to start back with Body Beast! Looking forward to that. Glad you like the Tempo workouts.

Thelma, your meetings lately would kill me. I just don't have that kind of patience or attention span. Good job getting your workout in despite that.

Laurie, great workouts. That Jillian workout sounds good. I haven't done one of her workouts in years. But I did hear that Bodyshred is really good. Sounds like you also have a good plan for what's next. After H&C, I am much more interested in metabolic training than I have ever been. So I am curious how you find the blend of heavy weights and that kind of training.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2016
    Hi Ladies ~ What started out as a class I thought was going to be tough went from tough to brutal! LOL Katy had 4 stations …. Just 4, @ 2 minutes each. Which is why I first thought, ok “tough” but doable! We had speed walks across the length of the gym with a KB overhead, switch hands and go back. This is way harder than it sounds or looks as others were doing it. PLUS, she had me pick up the 35LB weight!! Then onto sprints across the gym, then abwork, box jumps was the last. Repeat all 5 times and she changed up the abwork each round. Yowsa! Plus Katy decided to join our group as well and partnered up with me on the box jumps. There was a brand new lady who she put in our group and she was such a trooper. Made it through the whole workout, smiling when she was done and I gave her a big HIGH 5. She is going to come back next week. It was pretty cute. This a.m. was Beast Cardio + Beast Abs and tonight I am headed to Spinning.

Laurel: Sounds like another awesome workout ~ fabulous combos you always put together. Actually the rumors about a new instructor may still be true; I guess Jessica might be moving out of the area but it hasn’t been decided yet. So, we will see. During the June “rotation-less” will you just do a bunch of workouts you haven’t gotten to or? Just curious. I don’t know what to do with myself if I don’t at least have things written down. Too many choices LOL Happy to hear you are going back to BB after that! Such a great program.

Laurie: Great job with BULK Shoulders, always a good one! Sounds like you enjoyed your a.m. workout today as well with JM. Very nice that you are getting your hair prettied tonight, always feels great. Hope you get to try that TEMPO workout when you get home. That’s funny you were thinking of H&C as well. Your plan sounds great as well. I am tempted to include some Sagi BB as well. We will see. My mind gets a little ahead of myself sometimes because I want to do it all and simply not possible with time restraints. . . LOL

Thelma: Fabulous job pushing play despite that very long meeting! I would have felt tired from the boredom. LOL But I bet the workout felt great. Yes, I think with our new bushes, etc. I will add some flower “pots” into the mix for some color and fun. Always love doing that.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did X10 w/u, Chisel Cardio. It was another hard day at work and I was mentally exhausted so I had to drag my body to the basement to workout. I went up on weights on a couple of exercises which was great.

Laurie, great workouts! Did you like the Tempo workout? Tomorrow is my hair appointment! Did you ever see an allergist? I used to have sinus attacks every month before I saw an allergist. Now I take Allegra every day and use a nasal spray once a day. The 3 hour meeting was an online training my co-worker and I signed up for. We were falling asleep. I kept telling her to lock the door so we could take a nap! LOL

Laurel, so glad your energy are levels are improving with each passing day. Sounds like you did a killer combo tonight! Congrats on using your heaviest weights throughout! Outstanding!
    I don't have the attention span either for those long meetings. Like I told Laurie I was falling asleep.

Tami, OMG Katy was in killer mode last night! Amazing job getting through it! I can't imagine how hard it was to hold the KB overhead while speed walking! I'm sure the flower pots will be a great addition to your new and improved yard!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with my last Meso 3 workout--Disk 40/Squat Rack Legs. I really enjoyed these heavy leg workouts this time through with this rotation. Sometimes they bore me to tears, but not this time. I felt like I got a really good leg workout with each one. And I felt it in my cardio combo today. I started with the warm up and Blizzard Blast from Metabolic Total Body into LIS Athletic Step Extreme premix. This is the first time I have done this premix, and I kind of went in thinking it couldn't be too bad at 43 minutes long. But it was surprisingly tough! She seemed to focus on the cardio elements in Athletic Step and repeated quite a few of those exercises throughout the premix. That meant some cardio on my 10" step....and lots of squats and leg presses! So my legs were screaming by the end. But it felt good. :)

I just saw that Cathe is coming back out with her fitness tower! Yay!! Finally I will have a good way to do pull-ups again. Looking forward to that, for sure. And, of course, more Cathe workouts.

Tami, actually the notion of carrying 35lbs overhead exhausts me, so your description of that class sounds brutal to me!! Great job getting through it. I am glad the new attendee enjoyed it as well. I will keep my fingers crossed for a new BC instructor. I don't know what I am going to do for workouts in June, to be honest. DH and I were supposed to be taking a two week trip through the northeast, but I think we are going to have to cancel that. My mom wants my sisters and I back in Phoenix soon so we can put her house on the market. So synching up with their schedules has us out there the first full week in June. If we drive, that is at least six solid 12 hour days in the car. :o I am thinking I will not want another road trip after that! So right now the plan is to finish Meso 1, which I will need to shorten to three weeks instead of four and then.....I don't know!! As things clarify with plans to AZ and such, no doubt I will come up with some kind of plan. I am not very good at winging it each morning as I have a tendency to spend more time staring at my DVDs than I do working out. :p

Thelma, great job pushing through after another long day. That Chisel Cardio is so good. Great job going up with the weights. Glad you have a co-worker to share the pain during long meetings/training sessions!

Laurie, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• lvnascar
    Afternoon Ladies,

Late today, because youngest dd gave me a very short haircut. This was her last test, and the client needed to do a change from their normal haircut. Well I have been wanting to get the hair off the back of my neck for quite a while, and since summer is coming, I figured that now was a great time. I picked out a style, and with the instructor guidance through the process, she gave me a really really great haircut. I LOVE it! My husband was saying that I was sacrificing my hair again, but I told him that it would have happened last night when I got my color done, or for this test. Anyway no workout last night, just didn't have the will. So this morning, since I had the time, I did the Tempo Chest/Tris. I so love this workout! It reminded me of S&H, but I hate to say it, not as boring. :# Is that evil of me to say. :o

Laurel, Contrats on finishing up Meso 3! When you say that a combo was tough, then it had to be tough. Great job on all your workout, you really did do some interesting combos through that Meso. I tried the squat rack DVD's once, and would love to try them again at some point. I will have to go check out Cathe's site to see the announcement. I have the tower, just hope that the new workouts are not all barre. :p I was thinking of the H&C Autumn workouts, but opted for Sagi's. I'm really happy with my choice for the rotation, the workouts aren't super long, so perfect for the summer.

Tami, Wow on that Katy class, she really did make you work hard. I can't imagine having that 35# kb over the head like that. Sounds like finishing was a great accomplishment. Nice job on the Beast cardio and Abs. That is the hardest part about a rotation, wanting to do all the workouts that you haven't tried in a while.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! As you can see, I didn't get in that workout. But getting it done this morning was good, then I can do the leg workout tonight. Hope I have enough time to try out a Jillian workout also. LOL about locking the door! We have some online training courses that are so boring. I just did one on Monday, and it started out saying that my boss is Patricia. I looked at my boss and told him he needed to change his name. ;) That one was short, which made me happy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    HI Ladies ~ Last night was a good Spin class despite the low attendance on a gorgeous sunny evening. This a.m. was Bulk Arms and hoping to get in something at home this evening, will see what the plans are for DH. If not, I will have time for some add-on(s) Saturday a.m. :smile:

Laurie: I bet your haircut is absolutely darling! I am glad you like it and what a brave woman to go so short. Yay on you liking TEMPO! It is really good, I agree. I could see myself inserting those into other programs once and a while. Hits those muscles a little differently.

Laurel: Way to WORK those legs! Nicely done. I saw that e-mail this a.m. as well on Cathe’s new program. Looks pretty good, but going to wait for some clips before I get too excited. Like Laurie, I am hoping it is more than just Barre work. I’m sorry about your postponed trip in June, but very understandable. That is a very long road trip . . . I don’t envy all that driving in your future. That’s exactly what I do if I just “wing it” and I waste time standing there wondering which one. LOL

Thelma: Another great workout with Chisel Cardio!! And again, kudos to you for pushing through despite and exhausting day at work. Hilarious about you and your co-worker potentially taking a nap. What a yawner. Yes, Katy was in her usual “killer mode” – she was even saying, “wow, this is tough” as we were going along. LOL Glad she felt her own pain as well.

Have a great rest of your day ladies, talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did X10 w/u and Hammer Power. I went up on weights on most of exercises which was great! I do like this workout very much. I went for my haircut this afternoon.

Laurie, great workouts and congrats on the new haircut! So glad you liked the Tempo workout! We should've locked the conference room door and taken a nap the other day. We finished the training today. It took us another hour!

Laurel, what a great combo! Great job! I saw Cathe's newsletter too and saw the fitness tower! I'm looking forward to finding out more about the new program. I'm sure it won't be just Barre. Doesn't she use that tower in other workouts? Pull ups?
    The Chisel Cardio is a good one. Tomorrow is Chisel Balance and it's the last time it appears on the rotation. Thank God! LOL

Tami, glad you liked your Spin class last night! Great job with Bulk Arms!
    Funny about Katy saying her own routine was tough! LOL. It is definitely good that she was feeling the pain she puts you guys through! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 2016
    Morning Ladies,

BB Bulk Legs after work yesterday, and I upped the weights. Wasn't able to try another Jillian workout, I was getting hungry by the end so had to make dinner. This morning was BB Tempo Back & Bi's, another winner for me. I'm going to try to do two of the Jillian's after work tonight. Still loving the hair even after sleeping on it. Super easy to style, so will see how it grows out.

Tami, Great job on the workouts! Now I know why women my age decide to get their hair cut short! Since the hot flashes have started, I find that the hair on the back of my neck really bothers me during that time. So now that it is off of my neck it is so much better. I don't have them to often, but now I'm hoping that the neck isn't an issue. I looked at the clip of the new workouts, I'm going to say right now that I'm not getting the new Cathe workouts. ;) I can tell that they are not something that I would enjoy. I'm still feeling the chest and triceps today from that workout, and I used lighter weights than what I used on the Bulk workouts. Will be very happy to put Tempo workouts into a rotation.

Thelma, Nice job on the workout. Hammer Power was my favorite of all the H&C workouts, it was always a sweat fest, and I was able to increase the weights faster than with any other workout I have tried. Funny that we all seem to have our hair beautified at the same time.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with the Upper Body Split from LIS Trisets. I figured this might help me prepare for all those reps coming up next week when I start Meso 1. :o It was good. I followed it with Afterburn Bonus Burn premix, which is always a good one.

Tami, glad you are enjoying nice weather right now. I understand why people want to be outside. I was reading more about
    Cathe's new workouts, and they are going to be geared to non-Cathe exercisers.......meaning not tough! So, like Laurie said, they may not be worth purchasing since you already have the tower. But I am anxious to get my hands on that tower, so if I have to buy the full kit (tower, DVDs, and bands), I will. My DH hasn't been using his workout space at all, and I have been teasing him for weeks that I am going to take over the room. Last night I warned him that the first acquisition is just around the corner! :p After the tower will come a barbell......finally! :)

Thelma, another great workout. Cathe uses a tower in STS and for the Turbo Barre workout in the Low Impact Sweat series. I missed getting it when she sold it around the time of STS, and she hasn't offered it in years. I want that option for doing pull-ups because, right now, I use bands. I have used a bar in the past that screws into a door frame, but I have not wanted to put that up in our house because of where my workout room is and the size of the door frame. So this is a good option for me when it comes to pull-ups, and I have never found anything else quite like it.

Laurie, glad you like your new haircut. Since getting mine cut short last summer, whenever it grows over my neck it drives me crazy. I got my hair cut again on Tuesday, and this time I told her to take off as much as she wanted. I had to warn DH before he got home that I got a summer cut! But I love not having it on my neck, especially as the humidity rises here in FL. Hope you like it too. Congrats to your DD for getting through her last test. So glad to hear you like the Tempo workout. Totally agree about them not being boring. S&H is a fantastic series, but I really have to be in the mood for those workouts. Tempo definitely has more variety.......and Sagi had me laughing in that Back/Bicep workout. That helps too. :D

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout last night, but that was ok. It gave me a headstart on some laundry/chores. This a.m. was BUILD Shoulders + MM Shoulders, yes . . . they were on fi-ya after that! Tonight we are going to a fundraiser dinner/event with a few other couples. Should be a nice evening.

Laurel: I can absolutely see why you want to get your hands on that tower now that it’s back! That is what I use mine for and I am so glad I have it. Sometimes it seems its wasting space but when I use it in STS or H&C and BB now I am glad to have it for pull-ups; the bands just never feel the same as a simulated pull-up to me. So great you are building your workout room to exactly what you want. I would love to have a barbell but since I don’t have a room, just a corner of our bonus room that I pick up each workout, it just wouldn’t be feasible. I was thinking “someday” I will but now that we are doing some upgrades on our house/landscaping outside we may never move. LOL Once you get the set I am sure you will give us your reviews on the workouts. Fabulous job with Trisets followed by Afterburn BONUS Burn! Yowsa, what a combo.

Laurie: So happy to hear you are loving your haircut so much! Even after a sleep on it and good that it helps keep you nice and cool. Great job with Bulk Legs and then TEMPO this a.m. I’m with you on those new Cathe “Barre” workouts, for now I am not getting ready to buy at all. LOL

Thelma: Powering through your H&C rotation!! Nicely done and good job going up again. The Cathe Tower on pull-ups and chin-ups is great. I’m laughing about you celebrating your last Chisel Balance workout tomorrow. Good luck!

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend ladies! On Friday I did Rock'm Sock'm w/u, Chisel Balance and I did really good with this workout. I went up on weights and actually wished it wasn't the last time for this workout in the routine.
    I had a really good workout on Saturday and did X10 w/u, Max Strength Hammer, 10 Min About Hammer, Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard Blast. Love this workout and went up on weights n this one too. Today was my usual spinning.

Laurie, awesome workouts! I'm so glad you're enjoying the Tempo workouts and your new hair style! I had been letting mine grow and asked my hair stylist to shorten it. I really like what my hair is doing now. I am so glad that I've been able to increase my weights.

Laurel, another amazing combo on Friday! Great job!
    I knew I had seen Cathe using that fitness tower in another workout. I would like to get the tower too and not sure about the DVDs'.

Tami, great job with that double shoulder workout on Friday! I hope you had a great time at the fundraiser dinner/event on Friday!
    I actually changed my mind about Chisel Balance. I wished it wasn't the last time in the routine since I did so well on Friday

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very busy weekend with dd's graduation on Saturday from technical collage. She graduated with honors, and top in her class. I'm very proud of her. My workouts for the weekend ~ Saturday BB Beast Cardio & Beast Abs, Sunday was suppose to be a rest day, but felt like doing something so I did a short workout. Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 1. This morning was 30MTF Train Like a Contender, still feeling in the kicking/punching mood. We had frost in the morning an some snowflakes falling in the afternoon on Saturday. :o

Laurel, Love all those workouts! I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that can't stand the hair on the back of the neck. Sagi makes me laugh also, and of course he had pretty boy and barbie on the back/bi workout. :D He just loves to give the guys nicknames. I love workouts that you can use lighter weights, but still have DOMS a couple of days later. Hope your first Meso 1 workout is fun, and those push ups don't get you to badly. I love having the tower, it sure comes in handy for a lot of workouts. The only time I really couldn't use it was for the H&C, because they just moved to fast from one exercise to the other.

Tami, Nice job on the shoulder work! My first try at styling my new hair style, and it was super simple. Couldn't believe how nice it is to not have to fuss to much. The last time I had really short hair was in the early 90's, and then the style wasn't that great.

Thelma, Fantastic job on the workouts, and so happy that you have been able to up the weights. Those H&C workouts are so great to see improvement with. I'm guessing that is why I'm considering trying those workouts again after I'm finished with these BB workouts. Might change my mind about doing the Hammer workouts first. It might be better to do the Chisel workouts, and give myself a break from Sagi for a little while. Still have some time to decide.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies. We had a very nice weekend here. We are still enjoying a beautiful spring, with the temps and humidity staying in the reasonable range.....so far. That will change soon, but it has been nice. We played golf both days, and it felt so good to be outside after having spent last weekend in hospices, airports, planes, etc. I am in a much better place mentally because of it.

Anyhow, I took Saturday off from my workouts, as usual. And yesterday I started Meso 1 with STS Disk 1/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Yowza! Such a shock from Meso 3!! But I was able to go up in my weight in several categories, and kept up with all those push-ups. I feel a little tightness today, but not too bad. I am partnering STS this week with Cathe's Hardcore Series, so yesterday I did Workout 3 on Cathe's Hardcore Extreme disk. This is a blend of IMax 3 and Kick Max. Today was STS Disk 3/Legs, which felt really good. I followed it with STS Weights and Plates Abs. And, for cardio, I did Hardcore Extreme Workout 2, which is a mix of Low Max, IMAX 3 and Kick Max. Good stuff!

Tami, hope you enjoyed your evening out on Friday. No doubt your shoulders were burning after that morning workout. :o I hear you on limited workout space, which is why I never got the tower or a barbell. That is why I am taking over DH's room. Poor thing, but, really, I could use the space to store my equipment and I hate having a room in the house that goes unused. DH still has his Max Trainer in there, and I would, of course, leave it there. But he has used it maybe a half dozen times in the past year, so I see no reason I can't store a tower and barbell/weights in there. Thankfully, he isn't putting up much a fight.

Thelma, great job with Chisel Balance!! I love going from dreading a workout to enjoying it. It means you made great improvements!

Laurie, congratulations to your DD! That is a fantastic achievement. Great workouts this weekend. I made it through all those push-ups! But I do wonder how I ever made it through that workout my first time around when I couldn't do any push-ups at all! There is nothing about Meso 1 that is easy, that's for sure. Love doing STS in this order, though, because it felt good to go into it with my strength gains.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ So I couldn’t wait to let you all know that Friday night at the fundraiser we were the grand prize winner of a Luxurious 7 Day Trip to Cancun Mexico, staying at the Westin for 7 nights; flights included. We just pay for food and drinks. WHAT!?!?!?!!! We bought a couple of raffle tickets totalling $100 and at the end of the night when they were about to announce it DH stood up to stretch his leg; his knee/calf were killing him from sitting all night. Well, he said he was just stretching his legs to go up and collect the trip (just being a smarty pants ……. LOL); then they announced his name. It was so funny …. And amazing. So we have through Dec. 2017 to use it. Still cannot believe we won. We had a nice weekend at home. Saturday a.m. I took Emma in for her bloodwork (which came back all good) so my workout was pretty short, I did 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 Xtreme, which is always good for a quick, well rounded workout. Yesterday was back to BB and I did BULK Chest followed by Muscle Meltdown Chest and Abs. No workout this a.m. but I will head to BootCamp after work so that I get something in.

Laurel: Sounds like a very nice weekend of weather and golf for you guys. Fantastic job starting into Meso 1 and all the push-ups. Your combos sound “Laurel Tough” as usual, way to go! It does sound like you have the perfect space and set up for your workout room, that is so awesome. Our spare bedroom is so tiny I wouldn’t be able to do anything in there. I had a treadmill in there at one time and it was awful. Room would get actually muggy hot, steamy windows. LOL

Laurie: Congrats to your DD! I bet you are very proud of her. Awesome work with your workouts this weekend! I bet it felt so good. Very happy to hear you are still loving the haircut. I don’t know that I will ever have the guts to cut mine short. Shoulder length is about it for short on me. Maybe someday I’ll get there. Sure would be easier to get ready in the a.m. :blush:

Thelma: Congrats on conquering Chisel Balance for the final time on your rotation ….. and that’s so great you moved it into the non-dread column for workouts! Now you know you could plug it in at some point and re-visit it. Great job with Max Strength as well and your Blizzard Blast. Fundraiser was great as I mentioned above. They raised a lot of money and I got to hold an adorable baby Labrador puppy they were auctioning off. One of the couples at our table bid on her but she went too high. She was so darling.

Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your day ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ So I couldn’t wait to let you all know that Friday night at the fundraiser we were the grand prize winner of a Luxurious 7 Day Trip to Cancun Mexico, staying at the Westin for 7 nights; flights included. We just pay for food and drinks. WHAT!?!?!?!!! We bought a couple of raffle tickets totalling $100 and at the end of the night when they were about to announce it DH stood up to stretch his leg; his knee/calf were killing him from sitting all night. Well, he said he was just stretching his legs to go up and collect the trip (just being a smarty pants ……. LOL); then they announced his name. It was so funny …. And amazing. So we have through Dec. 2017 to use it. Still cannot believe we won. We had a nice weekend at home. Saturday a.m. I took Emma in for her bloodwork (which came back all good) so my workout was pretty short, I did 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 Xtreme, which is always good for a quick, well rounded workout. Yesterday was back to BB and I did BULK Chest followed by Muscle Meltdown Chest and Abs. No workout this a.m. but I will head to BootCamp after work so that I get something in.

Laurel: Sounds like a very nice weekend of weather and golf for you guys. Fantastic job starting into Meso 1 and all the push-ups. Your combos sound “Laurel Tough” as usual, way to go! It does sound like you have the perfect space and set up for your workout room, that is so awesome. Our spare bedroom is so tiny I wouldn’t be able to do anything in there. I had a treadmill in there at one time and it was awful. Room would get actually muggy hot, steamy windows. LOL

Laurie: Congrats to your DD! I bet you are very proud of her. Awesome work with your workouts this weekend! I bet it felt so good. Very happy to hear you are still loving the haircut. I don’t know that I will ever have the guts to cut mine short. Shoulder length is about it for short on me. Maybe someday I’ll get there. Sure would be easier to get ready in the a.m. :blush:

Thelma: Congrats on conquering Chisel Balance for the final time on your rotation ….. and that’s so great you moved it into the non-dread column for workouts! Now you know you could plug it in at some point and re-visit it. Great job with Max Strength as well and your Blizzard Blast. Fundraiser was great as I mentioned above. They raised a lot of money and I got to hold an adorable baby Labrador puppy they were auctioning off. One of the couples at our table bid on her but she went too high. She was so darling.

Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your day ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami