Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Ladies, just a quick post no workout for me tonight because I've been on the phone and FB with my family because between 5 and 8PM EST was my uncle's funeral service and the burial so I wanted to be available for any communication. His oldest son lives in an Island somewhere off AU and he couldn't make it. Wouldn't have been able to make it there till next Wed. He is devastated so I wanted to be online for him.

As always ladies GREAT workouts!!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, DH and I decided to get in a movie night. We saw the Avenger movie. I'm not sure how I felt about it, just seemed like all they where doing is hitting each other instead of looking for the bad guy. So I'm going to skip the Chisel Endurance, giving myself permission to do that during the summer. This morning was ISO Strength Chisel, even after doing all those BB workouts this one was tough. Those bulgarian squats really get your legs good.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I don't envy you driving all that way, probably a great idea to get out and work those stiff muscles as you go along the way. I'm sure that people will be wondering who the lady is doing laps in the parking lot, but then they will never see you again anyway. :D I think that you will be able to find the right mix of XT/ICE until you get to the BB rotation. I still want to use those ICE workouts into a rotation some more.

Tami, At least you got in some spinning. Something must be in the air with hitting that snooze button, because I have been doing that also. Still getting in my workout, but really not leaving any time in the morning just to enjoy my coffee. I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't able to get the endurance workout in, but I know that I will have more chances to get that workout done in the next month. Have to say is was fun to get in and H&C workout.

Thlema, How wonderful of you to be online for your family. I'm sure that yesterday was really hard for all of you to go through.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,877 Member
    Hi Ladies. Quick check-in for me today as I try to prepare for this trip. But I got a good workout in this morning, which was much needed. :) I started with STS Total Body which is just SO good and flies by. Then, for cardio, I reached for a fun favorite--Rock'm Sock'm with the Blizzard Blast. I haven't done that workout at all during this rotation and, boy, did I miss it.

Tami, I think the snooze meant you needed to do just that......snooze. Glad you listened to your body. We are going to try to get to Phoenix on Monday, which will make this weekend a very long weekend with two endless days in a car. But DH (and my oldest sister) had to work today and my other sister's husband needs to be home next weekend......so we are all working around work schedules leaving us just three full days in Phoenix to see Mom, arrange for an estate sale, arrange to sell her house, clear out what we are taking, etc. Wish I could say I was looking forward to this....... :/ . At least we are planning on taking a couple more days on the drive back to do a little sight seeing. That should be fun. I am probably not going to take any weights with me, but I do have my resistance band and my standard travel workouts on my iPad. I have already warned DH I may be jumping around the hotel room at 5:00am. Poor guy. But I know I will want (physically) and need (mentally) to do something when I get a chance.

Thelma, no doubt you made the right decision being there for your family. The workouts will be there when you can get back to them. Family is more important, though.

Laurie, interesting feedback on the movie. I think that would have frustrated me actually. May give that one a miss until I can catch it for free on TV. Yes, the beauty of doing something silly like lapping a parking lot in Nowhere, Texas is I probably will never be there again. Hey, a girl has to do what a girl has to do......and this body just does not like sitting for 12 hours straight anymore!!

It will be a couple of weeks probably before I check in again. I will miss you!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Happy Friday Ladies ~ This a.m. I am happy to report I got right up and did ICE BootCamp + Icy Core!! Tonight I will head to Katy’s Spinning ….. regardless of our beautiful weather!

Laurel: Safe travels to you and your DH! What a trip that will be …. We will be missing you and thinking about you. Good luck with your parking lot walks and early a.m. workouts when you can. That will be a fast & furious packing and clearing forsure in just 3 days. Great workout today ~ I am planning on that

Thelma: That was so thoughtful and so wonderful that you did that for your family ….. good on ya. I hope they are all feeling a little bit more peace at this very difficult time. You too sweet lady!

Laurie: Very fun that you had a movie night with DH! Great job with ISO Strength this a.m. I bet it did fell good. Nice job.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2016
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was very difficult. I was exhausted on Friday so no workout. I came home from work and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry. My emotions are all over the place. I've been doing a lot of crying. Saturday I had to force myself to workout and did STS Meso disc 2 back and biceps. I loved the workout and I am definitely lifting as much as I did on BB or better. Today was my usual spinning.

Laurie, congrats on finishing the BB rotation! I hope Rocket hasn't chewed through his new harness!

Laurel, great workouts. I don't think anyone will think you're crazy if you do a few walking laps around a parking lot. Good for you for telling your sister that your mom would love to see your nephew now while she is alive. My grandmother really was a wise woman. She was the greatest!

Tami, great workouts! You've been on FI-YA! Both STS and Chisel workouts workout the posterior very well!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What a busy weekend. On Friday after work I got in UFC Fit Power Punch. Saturday was UFC Fit Cardio Cross Train and Ultimate Stretch (this one is a really good athletic type stretch). Sunday was my rest day, but I spent most of the day working on that tree line again. We had to get a 2ft path through the tree line for the invisible fence. We got that finished, so I then proceeded to get some more scrub cleaned up. Of course DH and I where moving some pretty big rocks. One of them was what I refer to as glacial rock. It is a rock, but it was created by hundreds of other rocks. We have them all over Wisconsin, it looks like someone took concrete and threw in a bunch of small rocks. I managed to get in almost 17,000 steps just doing all of that. So I must admit I was really tired this morning, but I did manage a workout. 30MTF Bootcamp Cardio Mix was my choice.

Laurel, Great workouts, and must have been nice to get in a fav workout before you headed out on that long trip. Safe travels to you!

Tami, Very nice workouts, and you did the same thing I did even though your weather was so nice. I had to get in my workout on Friday evening also. Our youngest is in Orlando, so DH and I are doing the empty nesting until Tuesday when she comes back, so that is why we went to a movie. She is down there for a beauty show.

Thelma, The grieving process is so difficult to go through, I'm so sorry for you. I can understand why you just needed that time without worrying about getting in a workout. Good for you getting one in when you could emotionally. My Rocket is still a rascal, but have to say that each day gets better. I will be very happy once we get this fence in though, he went chasing up the road after a bird. :o

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Busy day today, just realized I hadn’t been able to check in at lunch time. This weekend was great workouts! P.s. I did go to Spinning on Friday evening, it was great and then I headed home. So Saturday I did STS Total Body, which is always a favorite of mine and I had planned on doing it that one morning, so I got it done. Yesterday I started my new rotation with Hammer Total Body followed by 21DFX Plyo Xtreme. Great combo, I know I am going to love this rotation. I set it for 12 weeks “ADVANCED” and see how I go :smile: There are some tough combos in there with time frames; changing a few cardio workouts around as well; I think I will get tired of the same ones week after week if I don’t. So X10 I manually wrote in on my notebook, but it will be a good challenge for me. Headed to BootCamp tonight after work.

Laurie: Definitely sounds like a busy weekend. Great job with the workouts + STRETCH on Saturday. I even have the YOGA plugged into my new rotation this time. It will make me do it ….. right?!!!?? LOL Outstanding on the 17,000 steps as well. Yes, our weather was 97 yesterday and 99 today; supposed to start down to more normal temps after tomorrow I think. Yowsa!

Thelma: I’m so sorry for your grief and the process you are going through right now. It is so hard … big HUGS for you and know that this is so normal and actually healing for you. Good job getting in your workout on Saturday, it probably felt somewhat good when you were done; a little relief maybe in your body. Thank you for the encouragement and your “on FI-YA comment on the thread. Made me laugh.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, thank you for your thoughts and support on my grieving process. I actually had a pretty normal day today. I was super busy at work today which helped. Tonight I did STS Meso 2, Disc 16 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Great workout and I loved that I could use my EZ curl bar for a lot of the exercises.
    Next week the rotation is a recovery week in this rotation. I am not sure if I want to do the recovery week. I have been lifting heavier so maybe it would be good for my muscles to get a break.

Laurie, great workouts! Awesome job cleaning up the path for the invisible fence and digging those glacial rocks! I can see how you would get almost 17,000 doing all that work! Great job!
    I really needed time to just grief without having to worry about the workouts. I was physically drained too so I worried about hurting myself. Rocket really needs that invisible fence. I bet you got worried for him when he went after the bird.

Tami, you really did an awesome job with your workouts this past weekend! Great job! I am sure you will love the rotation too!
    I did feel better on Saturday after my STS workout. Of course I didn't tell you that I hated every step to the basement to my workout area! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well I think that I was a lot more tired than I had thought, just could not do a workout last night. Even though I really do sit for the majority of the day, I was so tired by the end. So this morning I did UFC Fit Fat Fighter, and will get in another after work. The workout was so much better this morning than what I went through with the Kelly workout yesterday morning, so I know that my body needed the rest.

Tami, Great job on those workouts! I love Plyo Extreme, it really fries the lower body. Will be interesting how you enjoy your workout scheduler rotation. I really do want to try one at some point, just want to try this UFC rotation, and P90X2. I would like to plug in everything that I have and see what comes up as a rotation. :D Good for you plugging in the yoga, I know I'm really needing it. I'm glad when a rotation includes them, because that makes me do the yoga or stretching. We had really cool temps this morning, have to say it was a relief from the humidity that we have been having. I'm just glad that we have not had the 90's, because I don't think that I would be outside doing gardening. :D We haven't even turn on the AC yet!

Thelma, Nice job on the workout! Glad that EZ bar is getting some great use in these STS workouts! If you feel like you don't require a rest week, then proceed onward. But then again, sometimes those rest weeks are a good thing for you body to go through. I sometimes felt that the rest week wasn't really necessary, because you are going to a different type of lifting. I can really understand why you didn't workout when your body was so drained. My body was physically tired yesterday, but have been through the emotional process also. Every day will get better for you I'm sure.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well last night’ BootCamp was very HOT ….. she took us outside (yes on the hottest day we have had this year at 98 … to a parking lot) to do Running, High Knees, Ski Jumps on park lot lines, mtn climbers, push-ups, up-downs on the curb, etc. BUT …. Drum roll please – it was Jessica’s last night for teaching BootCamp. She is officially moving and Katy is taking her class over! WOO HOO. So happy to hear that. I really liked Jessica as a person and her sense of humor, just not her lack of enthusiasm for the class itself. So I was thrilled to tell you guys this news. This a.m. was Chisel Agility and tonight will be Katy’s Insane-X class. Hopefully she has us inside, but I don’t know. Today it has cooled down to 91, tomorrow high 80's and then down some more.

Laurie: Good job getting that rest you needed, I can so relate to that from last week and any other time I have learned that a “REST” is ok when your body is begging for it. Great job getting in the UFC Fit Fat Fighter this a.m. (love the name of that one) LOL Yes, Plyo XT gets those legs good forsure. Yowsa. This rotation will have a lot of cardio in it; I chose the Lean/Total Body version on the Workout Manager, hence it selected out of those 2 programs plus the 21DFX Bonus DVD all the cardio(s) in both. Probably good for me right now. After BB and not much cardio to this, it is quite a switch. I may try to incorporate and/or add in some other Total Body, like STS or something. We will see, so far I like all the combos, etc. it has selected. Tomorrow is Cardio Fix XT + Abs. We turned on the AC yesterday due to these crazy hot days; sleeping the other night was miserable for me. So DH fired it up. I slept way better last night.

Thelma: Glad you had a good day at work yesterday and were busy to keep your mind occupied a bit; great job getting in your STS workout as well! I am happy your EZ bar is coming into play with STS and you are liking it so far. Up to you totally on the recovery week, I know I usually skipped it but you could easily incorporate some light weight/circuit style workouts as well, just to stay in it a little but not lifting heavy. Ripped With HiiT would be a good recovery week program to do and just use light weights. Just thoughts! See how you are feeling. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts this weekend …. It felt good! Laughing about your steps down into the workout room. Legs were sore I take it!? LOL

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, another crazy work day even though I worked from home. I had my 6 month ophthalmology exam today my eyes are doing well. No damage from the lupus meds! YAAAY!
    Tonight I did ICE Low Impact Sweat.

Laurie, great workout and good for you for listening to your body!
    I'm still thinking about the recovery week. I think I may do it to allow the muscles to think they can relax

Tami, awesome workouts and I'm so happy for you and Boot Class! I can't believe you had to workout outside when it was sooo hot!
    I have in my recovery week cardio and Barre workouts Tami. I'm sure some of the workouts use light weights. Part of me wants to skip the recovery week so the rotation is more like BB.
    What I meant with the "hating the steps to the basement" was that there was mega dread factor and so I hated every second that it took me to get to the basement. Thankfully I felt better once I started the workout! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Last night I threw in an oldie with Maximum Intensity Strength. I have not done that workout in forever. I had a blast, and went with the weight that Cathe used. Had to take it down on the shoulders. No workout this morning, I'm going to tone it down a little more for summer. Will be doing a workout when I get home though.

My youngest DD made it home safe from FL yesterday. She had a great time at the Beauty Convention.

Tami, Oh MY! I can't imagine being out in a parking lot in that heat doing those exercises. You had to be dripping! Awesome news on the Bootcamp class, that is great that Katy is going to be instructing that one also. I'm sure she will fine some new ways to torture all of you. :D Great move doing the lean/total body for the scheduler, I'm still not happy with what I will be doing for the summer. I threw in the total body last night, because I really wanted something different. I think it worked, because I'm really feeling it this morning. I may just go through all my DVD's over the summer. ;)

Thelma, Great job on the workout! Good news on your exam also. I like the sound of your recovery week, you will get to do workouts that you probably don't have a chance to do when doing a rotation. Relax those muscles, and them shock them with Meso 3! :D I'm in that type of mood right now, just wanting something different.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Afternoon Ladies ~ Well last night’s Insane-X “Abs” class was not exactly abs …. Or at least it didn’t feel like it due to the amount of exercises we did. So it was another high number circuit of 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 reps of 5 different ab exercises, followed by that many burpees (yes 20, 30, etc…. each round) and then you ran a set of lines. I made it to about one-quarter of the way into 50 and class was over. Only about 4 of us made it that far, including Katy. YOWSA! It was another tough one, but at least we were not outside. This a.m. was 21DFX Cardio Fix XT, loved this one! Followed by the 10-Min Abs. Both the Plyo and Cardio XT are great. Tonight I will head to Spinning after work.

Laurie: Great job getting in Max Int Strength!!!! Always a good one. Have fun with your workout tonight. No kidding on the parking lot HOT workout. I was relieved we didn’t go out again last night. Not my favorite when its 98 degrees.

Thelma: Congrats on the good eye appt! Always good. Awesome work with the ICE LI Sweat workout! Whatever you decide on your recovery week will be great . . . just see how you feel. LOL on the walk to the basement; I thought your legs were sore. Another kudos for dragging yourself down there then!

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Meso 2 Disc 17 Legs tonight. Great workout! I am feeling it hours after the workout! LOL

Laurie, awesome workout! So glad your DD made it to FL safely.
    I think I should do the recovery week. I really think it will the muscles a lot of good to get a little break. I went through all my workout DVDs and looked their premixes up so I could pick some for my rotation. You're right about not being able to do certain workouts often like the Barre, yoga or even one in the ICE series I haven't done yet which is lower body and I think it's floor work only. Can't remember the name though.

Tami, that sounds like a killer class! Great job and great workouts!
    I am feeling like I need the recovery week! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work was ICE Rock'm Sock'm, which was tons of fun. This morning I was remember Tami saying that she was going to do more yoga for this rotation, and with that in mind I popped in Eoin Finn's Power Yoga 4 Happiness and did the Quickie workout. This one clocks in at about 31 min., and has a really nice section of hip openers. Doing that workout made me realize that I really really do need to include more stretching and yoga into my week. I loved getting those legs and hips stretched out.

Tami, WOW on that class, sure sounds like torture to me. :D The only workouts that where okay, but not my fav's where the yoga and pilates in 21DFX. Of course do try them out, because you may enjoy them way more than I did. The Pilates wasn't bad, but for me the yoga workout just didn't flow. I found that I enjoy Jillian's yoga vs Autumns. :o

Thelma, Great workout! I have not tried that workout either, so I'm like you, would like to try out some of the workouts that I don't get the chance to try when doing a specific rotation. That workout is To the Mat, and of course that is another type of workout that I tend to avoid. I don't know why mat work isn't my favorite. Probably because your butt usually ends up being on fire!

Have a great day,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Great Spin class last night, but hardly anyone there. It was strange, a very cloudy evening and it rained too. But it was all good for those of us there. Today is a REST day for me. I'm going to get my bike ready this eve. to go for a ride tomorrow after work with a friend; hopefully she doesn't cancel on me. Chisel workout tomorrow a.m. I know, looking forward to it!

Laurie: Great job getting in R’m S’m after work! Always so good – I think we all agree on that one! Happy I inspired the Yoga workout this a.m. and thanks for the info on the 21DFX Yoga & Pilates; will be interesting to see how I like those. If I don’t, I will do the option you did and/or switch around but commit to doing it during this rotation!! I’m with you a million % on the mat work . . . that is one I haven’t done from the ICE either just because I don’t care for mat workouts. Not sure why other than my mind definitely wanders and I feel bored (maybe that in itself is enough) lol But I definitely feel the work when I am doing it & think, “man I wish I enjoyed these more, apparently those muscles need it! “

Thelma: Great work getting in STS Legs! Always hard work there. Great idea on getting in some workouts you haven’t done yet during RECOVERY week. Yes, that was a killer class and starting last night and this a.m. my abs are feeling it.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Party Rockin' Step 2 for me tonight. Hadn't done step in a while so it reminded me that I'm not crazy about step aerobics! I almost fell off the step! LOL

Laurie, awesome workout and I'm so glad you had time for a yoga workout. Sounds like very beneficial one too!
    That's it! To the Mat! I've not done it because I've been avoiding it! LOL

Tami, great spin! I hope you had a nice bike ride! So the workout that didn't feel like an ab workout really was since you're feeling it in your abs today! LOL
    I am really enjoying this STS workouts. I'm definitely in a much better place for this program after BB and H&C

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Happy Friday Morning Ladies,

Can you tell that I'm ready for the weekend! Yesterday after work was Bob Harpers Pure Burn Super Strength. I was dripping all the way through the workout. I was using 4# weights by the end of the workout, because he has you doing so many reps. I think that I'm going to start making a list of workouts that I'm doing, just to make sure that I don't repeat to many of them during this "Summer Rotation" of doing what I haven't tried in a while. This morning I didn't workout, because after work going to be a longer workout. The invisible fence people are suppose to be installing today, so will take advantage of the early off on Friday's option that we have for the summer.

Tami, Nice that you didn't have a full class for spinning. Hope that you are able to get in that bike ride today. Do keep the yoga day, it really did my body good. You are right, mat work is boring and that is probably the main reason I avoid it. I remember when I was on a TaeBo kick, and he would include floor work. :D At least his where short segment.

Thelma, Nice that you where able to do that step workout, but I'm with you about the enjoyment factor of that type of exercise. Once in a while I put one in and really enjoy them. Sounds like all of us tend to avoid those types of workout.

Have a great day,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2016
    Today was Hammer Plyo followed by 21DFX “ABC” Xtreme, both were a great combo. The bike ride was cxld for tonight because it is pouring rain. If we can coordinate again, we will try for Sunday.

Laurie: Fabulous job with BH Pure Burn Strength, that is a sweat fest forsure! I am sure you are going to have fun getting out all your DVD’s this rotation. Yay on the invisible fence being installed; I bet it will work great. I will definitely keep the Yoga, thank you for the encouragement and I will keep you posted when I do the 21DFX one.

Thelma: Awesome work with PR Step #2, one that I have never tried due to my choreography challenged self. LOL As I mentioned to Laurie yesterday about floor work, that is exactly why I have avoided it ….. just can’t get motivated on those style of workouts; even if my butt feels it! LOL So happy to hear you are enjoying STS this time. Being stronger and without injuries helps a lot I am sure.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. On Friday I did STS Meso2 Back and Biceps. On Saturday I did Brazil Butt Lift Cardio Axe. I decided to take a rest day on Sunday.

Did you see Cathe's newsletter? She's giving away one of her new towers! I entered the sweepstakes. It says that the tower and the DVD's are worth $200. That means we'll have to pay $200 for Cathe's next program which includes the tower.

DH and I are taking another long weekend in NH the July 4th weekend. We'll go back to the same area we went to last time. As a result I had to rethink the recovery week idea. Since DH and I would leave on a Friday 7/1 I decided that I would do the recovery week of June 27th so that I can get early on 7/1 and do a cardio workout instead of a strength one.
    Funny story! DH and I went to the supermarket and I was looking at the laundry detergent. There was a guy stocking up the shelves and I asked him a question. He then saw me getting ready to grab one of the gallon+ jugs. He asked me if he wanted me to pick it up for me. I said no thank you. I told him that I lifted weighs and I proceeded to do biceps with the 1.17 gallon jug! LOL.

I got a groupon for online yoga classes. The classes look pretty good. They even have classes in Spanish and they have a series of classes you do with your pup!

http://tinyurl.com/j3u5v47

Laurie, great job with Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength! Was the invisible fence installed? How is Rocket doing with it?
    I changed my rotation around and didn't include To the Mat. This is going to sound crazy but I actually added more step workouts to my rotation!

Tami, great combo on Friday!!! You know I actually think the choreography on PR Step #1 is pretty easy to follow. The problem I had on Friday is that the premix I did had 2 bonus routines that had very fancy moves so I got lost there.
    Being stronger and without injuries is helping a lot with STS!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma