Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I am actually taking a lunch break today, which feels AMAZING! I even left the office to go get a coffee at Starbucks for a treat to myself. Visited with my mom a little bit on the phone and the sun is out. Life is looking like I am crawling out of that “work cave” I have been in. So this a.m. I did STS Legs from Meso #1. I am doing the STS Meso #1 workouts this week for the “High Reps” part of the rotation. I did do a 30MTF workout on Sunday a.m which was KCM Body Definition and then 20 min of Yoga; it was a total body Yoga. Very basic but kept my interest. Trying to remember the ladies name but just can't right now. The KCM workout was perfect ~ I just couldn’t “not” do a workout and this was higher reps, total body. Felt great. Yesterday was STS Back/Tri’s and tomorrow will be Shoulders/Chest and Bi's I believe. Not sure if I will make it to Insane X tonight but we will see. My poor duffle bag is riding around in the back seat waiting for its opportunity. Just felt a little better to stay late than hurry out with so much going on. Plus as we all know its TIRING when you are that busy at work and having Katy completely kick my butt, hasn't sounded like much fun when my energy is low.

Thelma: I am so happy to hear your foot is feeling better and things are getting back to normal there. YAHOO for that. Sounds like we are doing the same workouts as well this week! Great job with your workouts and over the weekend too. How is work treating you these days? Been thinking of you through my "busy" time and thought.... this is nothing compared to Thelma's stress.

Laurie: Fabulous job with your KCM workouts and now this week doing CTX! I debated on that or STS and went for the STS. Maybe next time through on High Reps I will do CTX, we’ll see. Yes, as you can all relate it has been nuts at work and just trying to eat and keep your head above water has been my M.O. I have missed you all and wanted to check in, just couldn’t and too exhausted at night.

Laurel: Sounds like a very nice weekend with your DH and the golfing too! How fun. You are killing the workouts and this rotation in your same Laurel fashion that you always do! Great job and the combos are amazing. Yes, the workouts have helped mentally forsure. I feel like I will be somewhat back to normal hopefully by the end of today … “knock on wood” but if not, I will make it through. Everyone here is super busy and of course my supervisor in this dept. (Title Dept) has offered to help me eventhough she is just as busy or busier than me. So sweet …. Its nice to have the support of the co-workers vs. just watching you flail and not care. Like the other place I was at.

Becky: I am SO sorry to hear you are sick. The ladies gave you perfect advice. I would either start fresh on the same week as us or just pick up where you left off and maybe repeat the week and/or workouts you missed at the end. Best thing, don’t push it too hard too soon and go backwards! Do what sounds good so you enjoy getting back into it!

I better get back to it ladies … miss you but so glad I was able to check in and chat a little more today! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did STS Meso 1, Disc 3 Legs. My feet did better but I think I irritated my left foot a little. I'll sleep with both boots on tonight and I've done deep massage and heat on my feet.

Becky, sorry you're not feeling well. I would pick up the rotation where you left off.

Laurie, great combo today!
    It is a relief knowing that my feet are doing better. Kelly does make you wish you were part of the audience in that workout. DH does work long hours.

Laurel, what a combo! Sounds like another killer one! Great job!
    The golf ball does allow you to get deeply into areas a bigger ball can't. Tennis balls are too soft for me! LOL
    Maybe we need a Tiny Train home with 2 cars. One for the Main house and one for our personal gym and extra storage! LOL. I need a house with a giant walk in closet. I could not downsize my clothes to a carry on worth. We definitely need custom built homes so we can have only the rooms we need. Another thing with a tiny house is to have just one bathroom. When we go away we survive with one bathroom so I guess I could get used to that again.

Tami, great job getting your workouts in with that crazy work schedule of yours. I'm also doing the high reps week and I'm loving it.

I am thankful that my feet are doing better. Work has been insane for me too. I don't mind being busy but I can't deal with people's nastiness. It was bad last week in that department and had me wishing for retirement ASAP. Doing better this week.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got through the CTX Leaner Legs workout last night, and still loving that workout. Short but intense. I actually had to drive my car to the repair shop after work, the brake caliper was seizing and the mechanic wouldn't let me drive the car anymore. The caliper is under warranty so really happy about that. This morning was CTX Chest, Biceps & Shoulders. Hopefully will be able to get in the HiiT workout tonight, might change this one to a Turbo Fire one instead of the Double Wave Pyramid. I have already done that one, so would like to keep my workouts different. ;) Did all of you hear about Bob Harper having a heart attack! His is genetic, but it sure proves that it doesn't matter how fit you are when it comes to health issues like that. He is probably recovering quicker than someone that isn't in great shape, but dang scary.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! That portion of P90X yoga is great for stretching. I love the CTX workouts, and of course Leaner (Meaner) Legs. I think that I will have to increase the weight on my next Thursday. I finished the workout, and then realized that I could probably have gone up in the weight that I used. So this one comes up again tomorrow, and I will be increasing the weight. I was surprised that my legs didn't scream at the end of the sit-n-stands like they normally do. :D That is what I like about this rotation, the options are endless, and then realize how many workouts I really do have to chose from. :D

Tami, Great job on the workouts! So glad that you had a chance to get outside, and didn't have to be in the work cave for a little while at least. Once work starts to slow down a little, you will give the duffle bag some love. When you have days like you are having it really does "drain the brain". You think to yourself, well I just sat around at my desk all day, but your brain gets tired too. I have always enjoyed the CTX workouts, and it has been a while since I tried them last, so it was really the only option I gave myself. I also have that KCM Muscle Definition workout, and she does have the individual body parts for that one too. I really have not decided on which workout to do in the next round. Might have to consider that workout for the hi rep week.

Thelma, Great job on the Leg workout! I have seen those episodes of tiny house, and I don't know if being that close to DH all the time will be a good thing. :D In one episode the people had a St. Bernard, and I was like WHAT will that poor dog do in that little space. They do make use of every inch of space on in those homes though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had an early hair appointment, but got my workout in before I went out. I did Pyramid Upper Body first, then, for cardio, I did X53. Felt good. So far, this week isn't as tiring for me as some others have been, so that is good. We'll see how I feel after the next two days, though!

Tami, so happy to,hear you were able to take a bit of outside time! Bet that felt good. Hopefully the long, busy days are over or at least almost over. Completely understand not being in the mood to leave the office after being brutally busy all day to go to one of Katy's brutal workouts! I think I would opt for home and a little quiet time. How is your mom doing in LA? I hope she is enjoying it.

Thelma, that's a tough workout. I am glad your feet were okay through it and hope you didn't suffer any setback. As much as I love concept of a Tiny Home, we could never do it. As Laurie says, that's a lot of closeness there with the DH, and sometimes I need my 'space'. B) But a smaller house would be good!

Laurie, great workout! Love that one. How fun that you ended it thinking you could go heavier! That's fantastic. I was feeling that way during PUB this morning and then accidentally started the bicep work with heavier weights. Yowza! I stuck with them, but my arms are still feeling it. But it felt good at the time. :p I did read about Bob Harper's heart attack. That is scary, especially being he is my age. I am just happy he is recovering. Sure makes you think twice about how quickly life can change, though.

Becky, hope you are feeling better.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did STS Meso 1, Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. My upper body is very fatigued and right after the workout I had serious doubts about being able to do upper body this week again. Then I took a nice hot shower, used the heating pad on my shoulders which were very tight and I feel better. Legs tomorrow.

Laurie, WOW! Great workouts! I read on Tweeter yesterday about Bob Harper. He was working out at the gym when it happened. It is definitely a generic thing for him. he is recovering. There was a picture of him in his hospital bed with a little dog. Scary is right!
    The only way I see a tiny house working for us is during vacation. OMG a huge St Bernard in a tiny house! Poor dog. They do use every inch of space very nicely.

Laurel, great workout today! Next week should be easier for me with Supersets week. I inserted the alternating upper/lower week per Laurie's suggestion. Looking forward to that week.
    My feet had me a little worried last night but I slept with the boots on and today I felt a little achiness on my feet and calves but once I started moving around I went back to normal.

Hi Tami & Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies - still trying to recover - I haven't worked out since last Friday (ughhh.....I miss it). Whatever I have has really hit me hard. I got up this morning to try to do a little weight training, but I think I might wait and do yoga only today. I don't need to relapse. I will start week 3 on Monday, so I will be a week behind 3 of you. For now......I will just do a little of this and that to slowly build back in exercise.

Thelma - thanks for sharing that JM Yoga video. I may try that this weekend. Great job on continuing with your workouts. That's great that you got to use your fit tower, too. :) I am so happy to read that your feet are getting better. Wow......the idea of retiring whenever you want is SO nice! Good idea to meet with a financial advisor. That is exciting! It is also a good idea to maybe wait a year (especially if your DH doesn't like his boss).

Laurel - Awesome job with the workouts and continuing to kick butt. That is great that you are seeing improvement in your body with the rotation, so this is why I want to start where I left off. I don't want to skip any weeks because I like how each week has a focus and I want to do the entire rotation without skipping anything.

Laurie - Great job on your workouts. That is great that you have found a new workout that you love. All the more reason for me to buy it! :D The next 6 months will fly by with your DD getting married. Hopefully things are going along smoothly with wedding prep. I did not hear about Bob Harper......wow! It is amazing how much genetics can play a role in our health.

Tami - sounds like you are crazy busy. Wonderful job with keeping up on your workouts. Glad you got a lunch break and got outside! I will definitely take it slow with my workouts in the beginning......it'll be hard, though.

Have a great Thursday.
    Becky
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I got in a short HiiT workout, I did BeFit 10 Min. HiiT workout. We picked up my car after work, so this amount of HiiT was about all I could get done. I then went to church, so didn't really want to get to sweaty either. This morning was Leaner Legs again, and I upped the weight by 5lbs. Was feeling those sit-n-stands by about the 8th rep, so I'm thinking upping the weight worked.

Laurel, Great job on the Pyramid workouts, and of course that X53. The X10 workouts are growing on me, probably because I know the moves a lot better now. Cathe really loves to torture you during bicep work, I felt that yesterday in the CTX workout. I really try to go as heavy as I can handle on those too. Can't wait to see what other upper/lower workouts you are going to do this week. ;)

Thelma, Good job on the workout, maybe go down on the weight for the next round. That little dog is Karl, Bob's dog. I follow Bob on Instagram, so he talks about Karl quite a bit. I follow Jillian too, and she actually has a pet pig. That pig is not little either. :D It really amazes me what pets people have.

Becky, Take it easy, sounds like you really got hammered with this bug that is going around. Easing back into exercise is probably the best, and yoga is a good option. We are such enablers for workouts, I think mine might be a slight addiction. :D Best addiction to have as far as I'm concerned. Good idea not skipping a week, you will really enjoy the variety once you are feeling better and can do some more intense workouts.

Tami, Hope things start slowing down for you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! For today's lower body workout, I did S&S Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body Only premix, which is a great 31 minute lower body workout. I followed it with S&S Core. For cardio, I did Cathe's Intensity....the max premix. Still a fave of mine!

Thelma, I completely understand your thoughts at the end of that upper body workout. Trust me, I said to myself when I finished that one 'I have to do this again this week?' But the second time through all the workouts that week went much better for me. Hope you experience the same thing. Glad to hear your feet seem to be okay.

Becky, glad you are feeling a little better. I think easing back in with some yoga sounds like a perfect idea, and then getting back to the rotation next week. I am finishing week 5, and I continue to be impressed with how my body is responding to the rotation. It is so strange because my workouts aren't much different than I usually do, but the sequence of them is. It has really caused me to look a bit leaner than normal, which is always nice! I am not naturally a 'lean' person, so when I can see those shoulder muscles.....I get happy! Hope you have a similar reaction to the rotation.

Laurie, sounds like a good workout on a busy night. Glad to hear you got your car back. Wow on doing Leaner Legs again....and upping the weight! Great stuff!! I will finishing off this lower/upper week tomorrow with the upper body premix (two times through) from Total Body Giant Sets. I have been trying to incorporate these S&S workouts as much as I can into the rotation since they are still so new to me. This morning I decided on my circuit workouts for next week and will be doing one upper body part a day like I did last time through the circuit week (using Ramped Up Upper Body premises). But I am not adding any additional leg work like I did last time because that was too much. :o Can't believe I am already getting ready to repeat this program!

Tami, hope things are calming down for you!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Another busy day yesterday, but I’m seeing the wires on my in basket now, so that is good! LOL Missed my a.m. workout yesterday but went to Spinning after work; we had a sub that I have really grown to love her class. Was great energy and lots of fun! Felt great. I wasn't looking forward to Katy's disappointed face that I missed Mon & Tues. :neutral: This a.m. I did STS Chest/Shoul/Bi’s workout and no workout tonight. Tomorrow will be STS Legs again! Doing what workout I can and making up time …. Hopefully Saturday I can “double up” we will see. I have a hair appt on Sat a.m. at 9:00 and taking Emma in for her annual shots, check-up at 11:30. DH is actually going with me!!! I am so glad. I get teary every time I take her to the vet now; so hard watching her struggle and the bumps and all that goes with her 13 years. So he can have a tinge of what it is like and ask questions too plus having help getting her in the car will be great! :wink:

Thelma: Great job getting your STS Legs workout and Ch/Shoul/Bis last night; hopefully your shoulder is ok today. Glad to hear you are loving this weeks workouts as well. The thing I love about this rotation is week-to-week it is something new. Variety is motivating to me forsure and hopefully, like Laurel my body will also respond well to the mixture and sequence of this rotation.

Laurie: Awesome work with CTX this week! Love that leaner legs workout. That is super scary to hear about Bob Harper, I am sure he is going to be up and going in no time at all but what an eye opener for him and so many people how fast your life can change. I agree on this rotation and the options that can be plugged in! Love that and so glad you inspired us ALL to go for it! I know this will be a rotation I will do again … love the variety (as I told Thelma). My duffle bag was pleased that I pulled her out of the car last night to go to Spinning. LOL Maybe not as happy as me to have a more “normal” evening. Yes, thank you for your understanding on brain tiredness …. It is just at my desk but so much and such a fast pace that it has been just a bonus to go home and relax after staying late and working through lunch breaks.

Laurel: AMAZING combos this week! I love that Giant Sets Lower Body pre-mix! So happy to hear you are feeling that “lean & sculpted” feeling from these last several weeks! So great. I hope I too get that feeling. It’s been a little clouded from my busy work days and getting in what I can, but here’s hoping! Thanks for asking about my mom. She is doing really good in LA. She has appreciated all the rain they have received despite it not being “Sunny Cali” because coming from Portland she is fine with some rain and knows they need it. She is dealing with a senior dog just like me so we have had many conversations lately about that and the struggles and sads we both feel. She thought she was going to have to put her little sweets down not to long ago and she has bounced back. So hard. I am hoping to go visit her in April during my Birthday weekend! It will be so good to see her and my sister will be in town as well so that will be perfect.

Becky: So good to hear from you! You must have really caught a nasty one, so sorry. If you are planning on your workouts coming up though it sounds like you must be getting a little better. Now its just getting your energy level back. Take it easy and do what you can do. As Tony (P90X) would say: “Do your best and forget the rest”

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ hope to check in tomorrow too! Tami :smile:

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, just a quick check in today. No workout for me today. I got home from work real late and simply had no energy left in me. It's been a long week at work for work and I know I'll have to bring work home this weekend.

Great job today with your workouts ladies.
    Becky, so glad you're back in business. Take it easy though. Hopefully you'll like that Jillian yoga workout.

Laurie, congrats on upping your weights! I've upped some weights on Meso 1 this time around but since I did Meso 1 at the end of the STS rotation last time I was already using higher weights. I definitely considered going with lower weights on the second rep of this week's workouts.

Laurel, awesome combo as always. I hope I have more energy tomorrow. My arms are definitely feeling pumped. Maybe I'll develop a little arm definition this time around. I am loving this rotation for the same reason as Tami mentioned: the variety.

Tami, great job with your workouts too. So glad you're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel at work and that your mom is doing well! I work through lunch almost every day so I know the feeling. I am loving this rotation for the variety too. Talk about shocking your system every week.
    I hope everything goes well with Emma's checkup.

Good night ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night was ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blizzard Blast, that was a nice compliment to the LL workout that I did in the morning. This morning I started with ICE Bootcamp Blizzard Blast, and then did CTX Back & Triceps. I remembered that this BB had back and tricep work in it, so it was a great way to warm up. Since the CTX series always started with cardio, I didn't think it would compromise my weight work and it added some cardio for the day. I have stretching after work, but have not decided on what I want to try yet. Maybe some Stretchmax will be on tap, but that will be after my mammo today. Get to take off work early, so going to enjoy the extra time off.

Laurel, Love the combo, and I will have to remember that Giant Set workout, I have my first upper/lower set, but that one will be in the second round. Glad that your Intensity workout was still fun for you. Sounds like a really good idea for the circuit week with the one body part, that is a great way to add in extra weight work. The S&S RU Upper Body will be great for that, it sure does get into those muscles really well. I'm planning on doing that one in my upper/lower week. I think that one is my favorite upper body workout right now.

Tami, Glad to hear that you where able to get that duffle bag out of the car, and that you spin class was a good one. Great job on the STS workouts, hopefully you can get those workouts in. I'm glad to hear that you will have help with Emma, it will be very difficult to get her in the car. ;) DH always went with me when we took Cami in too, so I was very glad about that. Enjoy your hair appt., I have one on Wednesday with my dd. I really enjoy having that time with her.

Thelma, Those busy weeks of work are so tough, so really do understand your not getting in the workout. I'm just really glad that today is Friday, and will be headed home earlier than usual. I'm going to be able to enjoy the sunshine longer. :D Don't work to hard this weekend. :)

Becky, Hope you are feeling better. (they used to have a little flower for in the emogi file, I would have put that up for you :p )

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Ended the week with a good workout. I had a workout all planned out today, but changed things around based on what I felt like going with in the moment I started my workout. My plan was to do S&S TB Giant Sets Upper Body only premix, with two times through each section, but I really felt like strengh training today, so I ended up doing the 3X premix, which is 67 minutes of tough upper body work! I really enjoyed it and my arms were fried at the end. Good stuff if you are ever in the mood for a long upper body workout. For cardio, I did XT AOLI HiiT Max premix, as planned. I had planned on doing Cathe's Yoga Max after, but since I went longer on the upper body workout, I popped in the Relief workout from Shaun T.'s Asylum, which is a fantastic 25 minute stretch. Next week's rotation is 7 days, so I am hoping to workout both days this weekend and straight through next week. We will see if this old body is up to that! :p

Tami, glad to hear you are seeing the light and the end of the busy tunnel. Hopefully things are much calmer next week. Bet the spin class felt good....just to get back to something 'normal', if nothing else. Hope all goes well with Emma this weekend. I am glad your DH is going with you. That has to be quite an ordeal by yourself. Glad to hear your mom is doing well in LA. I remember from living out there how much I learned to appreciate rain, even if it came in the form of downpours. It is SO dry....even more so than Colorado. Hope her puppy stays with her for a long time. Glad to hear you are going to get a chance to see her soon.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the long day. I don't blame you at all for taking the evening off. You have been working out late lately, and that is bound to catch up with you. Hope your weekend isn't totally consumed with work.

Laurie, great workouts! I love that Blizzard Blast, and I bet it was a perfect complement to the CTX workout. When I was looking at the premixes for the S&S series earlier this week, I discovered Cathe has included premixes on Ramped Up Upper Body for each body part, which includes a warm-up and stretch. You can do the work for each body part up to 3 times, making them about 30 minutes long. I figured that would be perfect for next week, so I am going to give that a try. Will let you know if the 3X through each body part is too much with that workout, though. It may be. :#

Becky, hope you are feeling better.

Saw Cathe has a new pre-order up for advanced Fit Tower workouts. I hope to pre-order those because I heard her describe some of the core moves she would be using on a Facebook chat session she had, and it sounds really good. Hope to figure out where I will be living in 'early summer' though before I pre-order.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Looks like I will be working this weekend so I will try and catch up with you all then from today! Hope you all have a nice weekend ..... thank you for the well wishes with Emma. I always get so nervous, so fighting the tears a bit today. Hopefully tomorrow goes well.

Have a great weekend ~ I will try and message you all sometime tomorrow or Sunday!

Tami
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ---- Checking in :smile: :smile: from my smiley's you can tell yesterday went ok for us at the vet.

So Emma's appoint went very good. It went as good as I could hope for actually. He was concerned with the bloody nose she had the other day of course but since it hasn't come back since it could be as simple as a dry nose since she is in the house a lot. I hope, I hope, I hope. He did a blood panel to check and we will hear back on that; we are also going to try a different pain med/arthritis med from the Rimadyl. It is brand new on the market and he has seen great results from it. We will just continue on as normal and hope the blood test comes back without any issues. He removed another fatty tumor on her neck that had ripped slightly and they clipped her toenails again. This really helps with her getting up and down; we noticed already. Otherwise she has gained more weight due to no activity so we are going to try and get her out at least a little (as much as she will go with us down the cul-de-sac) and cut back on her food. No more treats I told DH too! He feels sad for her so he spoils her ..... which he learned is not helping her poor BIG girl body.

This a.m. before coming to work I did STS Legs + PHA Training (Lower only, premix #2) which is very cardio based. You do basically 6 sets of a leg exercise before moving on to the next, non-stop. IT was a great back-to-back combo. Tomorrow a.m. I will do my Flexibility Training, with only one leg day this week I wanted to get in a good one so I flip-flopped my days. No volleyball because I had to work today.

I will check in with you ladies tomorrow ~ hope you all had great weekends!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. On Friday I did STS Meso 1, Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and I was able to go heavier. I did hurt both my shoulders apparently because on Saturday I was all stiff and my scapula were throbbing big time. Going heavier on chest and bicep exercises and doing all those pushups was a bad combo. Tight chest for me = shoulder problems for me. Today I've been working on releasing the tight chest so that my shoulders can fall backward as opposed to being pulled forward by the chest tightness. Feeling better for sure. I think I did the pushups wrong also. My elbows were flaring out way too much which put the rotator cuff in the wrong position.
    Today I did some Fitness Blender low impact cardio. I will start Week 4 of this rotation.

Laurie, great combos last week! I hope your mammo was normal. Had mine the week before and thankfully everything was normal.

Laurel, that was a killer combo last Friday! Great job!
    Made a little dent with work this weekend. Hopefully I won't have to put seriously long hours in this week. I saw Cathe's e-newsletter about the new DVD's. Definitely want to order them but I feel I should do the workouts that came with the tower!

Tami, great workout combo on Saturday and great news on Emma! I hope the new pain med helps her. Maybe you can reduce her food portion so she can get a few treats during from your DH?

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Friday I did the first segment of Stretchmax when I got home. Saturday was 21 Day Fix Extreme Cardio & CTX Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. I don't know what I was doing, but I looked at the wrong week. I started out with a rest day on Sunday (but DH and I did take Rocket for a long walk), and then today I did S& S Ramped Up Upper Body. I'm going to get back on track by doing my LIS Total Body TriSets Lower Body after work, and then tomorrow do my cardio. This should work out for me in the end, and I will have done the upper body parts twice this week. What a duh moment. :D This is a short week for me, DH and I are going to our car club banquet this weekend. I took Friday off. B)

Laurel, Great job getting through that Giant Set workout 3x, and following that up with the HiiT and stretch. Oh my on the S&S RUUB 3X, that shoulder & tricep work would be really tough. If I did that mix, I would have to go down in weight, because this morning proved that just one round of those two areas got me to failure. ;) Try it out, I'm sure that you will be hitting that body part really well.

Tami, Glad to hear that you are getting great workouts in, even though you are super busy at work. I really did have a moment with my rotation, just wish I had noticed that I was looking at the wrong week. Will be getting back on track though, because I really want to stay on track with all of you. I will have to do the yoga workout on Sunday. ;) Glad to hear that Emma's appt went as well as it did, it is tough not to spoil them when they are in that condition though. I understand what your DH is going through. DH and I did the same thing with Cami. Hope this week isn't as busy for you!

Thelma, Dang on the shoulder issues after being able to up the weights on your workout. :( I have done push-ups wrong a couple of times, and felt the pressure afterwards in the shoulders. I'm sure that you are taking really good care of your shoulders this week. They said I should know this week about my mammo, either with a phone call if they found something, or a letter if they didn't. The usual MO.

Becky, Hope you are feeling better.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed a nice weekend here. It was cooler and windy, but we were able to play golf on Saturday on a very quiet course, which was so nice. Yesterday it rained more, but since we need it so badly, I didn't mind it at all. Got some chores done and ran some errands, something that always makes my week feel a bit 'freer'.

I worked out both days, as scheduled. I had planned a fun Turbo Fire workout on Saturday, but when I got up, I felt like something tougher, so I went with Cardio Slam Doubled.....again! :o Twice in a couple of weeks, but it felt great. Yesterday I started with Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Bicep premix, and since my arms were still tired from Friday....it was tough! But I stayed with Cathe's weight for all three rounds, which was good. For my circuit workout, I did Drill Max. <3 Love that workout, and don't do it enough, that's for sure. Today's workout started with the RUUB Triple Tricep premix, which actually felt a bit easier than the biceps, though the weights were feeling very heavy by the end. Again, I stuck with Cathe's weight, and I felt it was just right. So far I don't feel like I am over-working the muscles with these premixes, which is good, They remind me of the Muscle Meltdowns, but with heavier weight. Anyhow, for cardio, I did IMAX3. And for flexibility, I didn't do much of a flexibility workout, but did PiYo Core. Such a good core workout. It felt great!

Tami, sorry to hear you had to work all weekend. But I am so happy your appointment with Emma went so well. Fingers crossed that the blood work comes back all good. Wowza on the leg workout!! Sounds like an incredibly tough combo!! Great job! Hope things calm down for you this week.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the sore shoulders. Hope it is just a temporary ache. But great job getting through those workouts last week. I haven't done the workouts that came with the Fit Tower either. Now that you mention them, I should give them a try on the flexibility days!! Thanks for the reminder.....because I actually keep forgetting about them. :#

Laurie, I have mixed up weeks in rotations before, and I know how frustrating that can be. But it sounds like you have a plan to recover......and did some great workouts in the meantime! I will be doing the shoulder work from a Ramped Up Upper Body tomorrow, and I think that will definitely be the biggest challenge for me because that section is tough for me once through. Will let you know how it goes....but so far, so good with these premixes.

Becky, hope you are feeling better!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout for me this a.m. I guess the “Stretch/Yoga” was not exciting enough for me, even on a Monday a.m. LOL so tonight I will head to BootCamp. I do have to say my legs are feeling that workout today! YOWSA, I got them good which isn’t always the case for me, so I was glad for that! The stretch would have done me good. :blush::neutral:

Thelma: Great job getting in Chest/Shoul/Bi’s and going heavier. Although, not good to hear you hurt both your shoulders. Dang it. Hopefully you get that tightness out of there soon. I saw that newsletter but I haven’t read about those workouts yet. Yes, we are definitely reducing her food portion …. FORSURE on that and DH has agreed to not feed as many treats. Due to her inactivity it just puts more weight on; she has always had a weight problem. So if I can get some of what has been put on this winter in particular it will be good or at least not let more stack on there. She is having a hard enough time as it is …. Poor girl. Her bloodwork all came back good! He called me last night, so I was thrilled with that. Just keep an eye on her and hopefully this new medicine will work for her stiffness.

Laurie: Awesome workouts for you too! What week are we on?? LOL I am hoping I am not on the wrong week. I was thinking it is Meso 2 Workouts this week and off the top of my head it is Cardio and Total Body workouts next week. But when you say the LIS workouts I remember thinking that was coming right up because I was looking forward to those. I am hoping this week is a little better for me as well. Coming in yesterday got me all caught up so I am more on an even playing field with the 4 title officers working on files and me typing by myself. I can keep up a lot better this way so it’s a good day today for Monday …. Compared to the last 2 weeks.

Laurel: Great job with the golf on Saturday! FABULOUS job on your workouts, as always. I know I have said it before but I’m so jealous of your time (in the best way) to put all these wonderful combos together. . . . seriously! So great. What week are you on? I have been trying to keep up with writing down ideas for the weeks coming up. :wink:
    Thank you for the well wishes with Emma. Nobody was happier than me except maybe DH that she checked out good and then to get the call last night about her bloodwork absolutely let me exhale again. Between the worry of her and the busy times at work I have had that feeling like I need to just let out a breath. Except in Emma’s case I would be fighting tears so I held it in. Feels good to have a better stage of this right now; I know she isn’t a puppy and the reality of what is going on, but to know it isn’t something awful that we have to make tough decisions about. I know what you mean on the “muscle meltdown” factor; when I did that lower body premix of PHA with my leg workout, that is exactly what it reminded me of. The pace, etc… it was great!

Hi Becky! :blush:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Laurie ..... I found your sheet with LIS! I have 2 sheets going is why I got confused
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Shoulders are not 100% but are doing better. I certainly shocked my shoulders so all that tightness will take a little while to get back to normal.
    Tonight I did STS Meso 2, Disc 15 Back & Biceps. I kept the weights fairly light to make sure I didn't hurt myself. I followed that with Yoga Tune Up Shoulders which felt really good and it was kind of funny how you almost put yourself in a pretzel position.

Laurie, great workouts! Glad you'll make the exercises work for the rotation. Nice on the short week! I hope you guys enjoy the banquet! I'm taking 1/2 day on Friday and will work from home in the AM. Can't wait!
    My problem I can tell is that I seem to do the turtle head thing when I do pushups. Can't seem to keep the shoulders rolled back. I think I need one of those shoulder bars dancers use to keep their shoulders back. I wonder if I could exercise with one of those things on. OMG! I just googled it!
    http://a.co/8sRS05B

Hopefully you'll get the mammo results soon.

Laurel, awesome workouts!
    We must try those FitTower workouts before we order new ones! LOL

Tami, so happy Emma's physical and exam and blood work were good! Great job with the yoga workout! I hope your DH behaves when it comes to feeding Emma treats

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma