Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I rode the spinning bike. The shoulders were a little stiff today. DH and I are planning a trip to Cape Breton Island, Canada in June. I can't wait! I was there years ago and it was beautiful.

Laurie, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. My deepest sympathy.
    Great workouts! Actually the chair I am using now was mine. We swapped a couple of years ago. LOL. 8 inches for us was enough to cause problems. Glad we didn't lose power.

Laurel, another great combo! I hope you have a great trip!
    I just reclaimed my old chair back! LOL. I can't even remember why I asked DH to swap chairs with me in the first place. The other chair was making me lean forward and I was already dealing with injured shoulders so the chair and work all weekend made for a really bad combo.

Tami, great workouts! What browser are you using? I use Firefox. I type my post on Notepad before posting because I used to lose my post all the time if I typed directly on the browser window.

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Tae Bo Focus Abs & Glutes, have not done that workout in a while so it was fun. This morning I did LIHI HiiT Circuit Lower Body. ;) My youngest and I will be going up north tomorrow.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I know how you love the Greatest Hits workout. We are suppose to get some rain on Friday, but then it will be warming up. Hopefully the drive up will be good, because the rain should have gone through by the morning. We are not going up until after 4pm when my dd gets off work. Did you know that they are having a March Madness on Hallmark? You get to vote for your favorite movies. I have not done it yet, but it has some appeal.

Tami, Great workouts! With all the long hours you have been putting in, I'm not surprised that you had to take an evening off and go to bed early. Your body probably needed it. Wonder why the cut/paste method isn't working, it has to be something with MFP. :/

Thelma, Nice job on the spinning. Sounds like a great vacation spot. LOL on the chair being yours, guess your DH needs to find a new chair then. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Wednesday! Going to try this again. No copy/paste though. So last night's Spin class was SO good! she did a format she hasn't done in a long time but I may have missed the class when she did this one, I don't remember it. Really, really tough and good. It was fun. :) This a.m. was RWH Lower Body Circuit. No workout tonight. We have a friend of DH's staying with us for a few days; he stayed last year and worked the Outdoor Fishing & Hunting Sportsman Show. Really nice guy. So I will go home and get something ready for dinner and be home.

Thelma: Great job on the Spinning! How fun about your trip to Canada! That will be really nice. I will have to check out the browser. I always type and paste too because sometimes I don't finish and come back to it OR I don't want to lose it all together. Really frustrating.

Laurie: I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother as well. I meant to comment yesterday. That is sad but as I know, from losing my Grandma they lived long and wonderful lives and you need to celebrate that and that you had so many years with them. Awesome work with Tae Bo Abs/Glutes and then LIHI HiiT Lower this a.m. Are you and your DD doing something fun up north?

Hi Laurel - Have a fun trip with your DH!!

Hi Becky - Hope you are having a great week!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies - I have been enjoying spring break with the kids and am off the rotation (again). On Tuesday, my workout was swimming with the kids for 2 hours. Yesterday, we walked the zoo for about 4 hours. Today, I decided to kick my own tush and try to get back on the rotation. Since I missed so many upper body workouts, I decided to do S & S: Ramped Upper Body - double. I did the mishmosh that does double of the same body part back to back. I think that I should have done the one that does the entire routine, then does it again so that each body part had some time to recover. The workout is 83 minutes, but I probably took me 95 minutes with the breaks I took.......but I DID IT!!!! It felt great doing that workout.

Tami - Great job surviving your spin class.....that's great that it was a tough one. Awesome job keeping up with the rotation and all the workouts you have done. Looks like you are having a blast posting all kinds of comments for us. ;)

Laurie - I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope you and your family are doing ok with this loss and finding time to celebrate the good memories. Great job on your workouts. Drive safe tomorrow.

Thelma -Your trip sounds like so much fun! I bet you are excited to get a break. Great job on your workouts. I am glad you found out that it was the chair that was upsetting your shoulder.

Laurel - As always.....I love your combos......great job! I hope your trip ends up being a good one. I love going on road trips with my honey.

I am headed to dinner with my mom and kids.....have a great rest of the night.

Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! A tough and long day at the office. I got home at 7:30pm and I just couldn't workout. I did have a really good shoulder day today.
    I am so looking forward to our trip to Cape Breton. We decided to fly instead of driving. The plane is a propeller plane which is kind of scary. The last time I flew a baby plane like that I was in Finland way back in 1998 I think. We'll be doing the Cabot Trail.
    http://www.cabottrail.com/index.html

I'll be bringing work home this weekend again. This is my secondary project. I hope I can make huge progress with this baby.

Laurie, nice workouts! Have a great trip with your youngest!

Tami, great workouts! Glad you enjoyed the spinning class! I hope you and your DH have a lot of fun with your guest.
    Definitely try different browsers. I don't like Internet Explorer. Firefox is my choice. Others like Chrome.

Becky, glad you're enjoying your week off with your kids. You're doing an AMAZING job being a good girl with your workouts! Congrats on doing that double workout!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout yesterday after work, was enjoying some March Madness. This morning I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body.

Tami, Great job on your workouts. Sounds like you will have an enjoyable evening. DD and I are going up north for the funeral, but it should be a good trip. The weather is suppose to be rainy after this morning, so I'm hoping that is what we experience on the drive up and not ice. I love how you said that about celebrating her life. I'm one of 22 grandchildren. She had 50 great grand children and 6 great great grand children. How wonderful that is in itself. :)

Becky, Awesome job on that double workout! That really had to be tough doing those body parts back to back, but what a great accomplishment. You are enjoying the spring break with your children, so that is wonderful. Love that you where able to go to the zoo.

Thelma, Glad to hear that the shoulders continue to improve. I don't think that I would be able to do a workout after that long of a day either. I don't like those small planes. I was in one once, and vowed never again to get in one. ;) I'm sure that you will have an enjoyable time up there though.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

This a.m. was ICE Chiseled Upper Body (following Laurie's lead on that one as well) :smile: Always a fun one. Tonight I will head to Spinning.

Becky: Great job kicking yourself in the rear and working hard! Always feels good I think. I did that one last Sunday (which you guys couldn't read about because I had so many troubles posting my entire post to you all) That was all the little smiley faces, frowny faces, etc. At any rate - LOVE that workout! I played Volleyball that day a few hours later and was still feeling it. Good stuff.

Thelma: Sorry to hear you had such a long day at work & that work is coming home with you this weekend. As busy as we/I have been here at work I understand. I will be going in again tomorrow to help the Title Officers. It should be not quite as much as it has been the last couple weekends but still its more work. I am loving the overtime though!!! Our house guest has been a pleasure and this a.m. I wasn't sure if he was going to get up. LOL DH woke him up once and he still wasn't up when I left. Thank you for the kudos on my workouts.

Laurie: Yay on March Madness! I watch so much basketball with DH that when it comes time for these games I am really interested - plus he fills out a big CBS Board a friend of his puts together. Now I really have to keep track. Of course we are rooting for our local team Gonzaga. Great job with Chiseled Upper this a.m. :smile:

Have a great weekend ladies ~ I will talk to you on Monday.

Tami
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I hope your weekend has been a great one. Today is my last day of freedom with Spring Break. My kids are playing really well right now (my boys are playing school with my daughter and teaching her school stuff). Normally they fight like crazy, so this is AWESOME!

On Friday, I was a little sore from doing the S&S Ramped Upper Body double, but it was a good sore.......not painful. Friday's workout was an hour of jumping on a trampoline at a trampoline park. A new one opened up near us, so we had to try it out. My calves got a massive workout. Yesterday, I didn't workout due to having out with a bunch of my friends over (more flower making)......I had to cook and clean before they came over.

Today, I decided to finally test my capabilities and see if I can do a double (weight training then cardio), and I did it! I did Cathe's Timesaver dvd, workout #5 of Legs (about 48 minutes) followed by S&S Cardio Slam. My legs were a little tired in the beginning of the cardio workout with some of the lunges and jumping into lunges, but then I got into a groove. I was dripping with sweat afterwards and it felt SO good.

Tami - Great job with getting the ICE Upper body workout in. I hope your spin class was a good one. When you do the Ramped Upper Body Double, which option do you do (same body part back to back, or the entire dvd through, then repeat)? I hope your DH does well with the March Madness brackets. Good luck to Gonzaga (I have no clue if they are still in). I am routing for University of Arizona - it's where I got my master's degree.

Laurie - You and Tami think alike - great job on doing Ice Upper body workout. :) What team(s) are you routing for in March Madness? Are you a big fan, or is it more because your DH watches? We are not a basketball family. I just hear about the games through others (with Arizona being in, I might watch).

Thelma - I am glad your shoulders are feeling better. Those little planes are scary, but they can also be fun.....I have to load up on Bonine (similar to Dramamine for motion sickness, but a lot better). I hope that your project is going well this weekend. From your news feed, I saw that you got a workout in yesterday, and it was probably a needed break from the project. I hope today is going well for you.

Hi Laurel - I hope your trip is going well. Be safe!

Have a great rest of the day.

Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a nice a weekend! Mine was busy but I was able to take a little time wit DH to plan our trip to Cape Breton Island which is exciting. Right after I did my KCM Amped up cardio yesterday my shoulders got very little tight. Not happy about this. So I'm back on Aleve, massage and some yoga stretching. Things are definitely better now. I have the feeling I was not in a proper position yesterday while I was sitting in front of the computer. My plan is to do a life lifting tomorrow.
    Since my workouts have been very light this weekend I feel like I haven't exercised. I was exhausted on Friday so I just did a Walk Slim DVD, Saturday 30MTF Amped Up Cardio and today just a little Fitness Blender low impact.

I decided that we should stay at a place that is 164 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. There were other places with calm beaches but I thought this rocky beach would be more exciting. It will be an adventure.
    Right now it looks like the cottages are available. Hopefully DH will book one soon. Our flights and car rental are booked. Pet sitter is also booked.
    http://backcovecottages.com/

Hi Laurie, good for you for getting a workout in on Friday morning! I was wondering if the trip with your DD was for the funeral. Wow 22 grandchildren, 50 grand children and 6 great grand kids! How many children did she have? Sounds like she had a wonderful life!

Hopefully The propeller plane flight won't feel too bumpy. It will probably feel like the longest 1 1/2 hour of our lives.

Tami, great workouts and I hope you ladies did great in VB! Glad your guest was a good guest! I hope you didn't work too hard this weekend.

Becky, good job for kicking your own butt! Congrats! Glad you had such a great week off and how awesome that our boys and your girl were playing without fighting! LOL

I don't remember being sick when I flew in that small plane in Finland. The only thing I'm wondering is if it will be windy going to Nova Scotia.

Laurel, I hope you and your DH had a wonderful trip!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workouts for me all weekend, dd and I got home yesterday. I was actually home by noon, so it was a really good trip. I took a little nap, and watched some bball. We then went out to celebrate the youngest's 20th bday. I had a really good night's sleep, I was so tired. This morning I started out with Jillian's Yoga Inferno workout 1. Will be doing cardio when I get home.

Tami, Love your workout, and I hope that you had a great spin class. I actually love March Madness, the games are, for the most part, really fun to watch. I was really surprised that the Badgers won against Villanova. Now everyone is talking about how WI was not seeded correctly. :D Oh well, they beat a #1, and probably skewed a lot of brackets.

Becky, Great job on the workouts, awesome combo. I have that timesaver leg workout, and always forget that I have it. Had to laugh about the boys getting along, my girls where like that too. Now that they are not constantly with each other, they are best friends. You wonder at some points when they are saying that they hate their sibling. ;) My mothers sisters seem to still have the sibling rivalry going on, and my mother is always caught in the middle. It was going on at the funeral on Saturday. Drama, drama, drama. :worried:

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts! Dang on the shoulders. I hope that the work slows down a little for you, so that your shoulders can get some relief. I love the location you are picking, it really looks like it will be a relaxing atmosphere. My Grandmother had 7 children, but one died in infancy. My mother is the oldest. In fact my mother had 7 children also, and the same amount of boys/girls.

Laurel, Hope you had a nice time with your DH this weekend.

Have a great week,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. So much has happened since last week, I don't even know where to begin. So the trip to Alabama......I said it was a 'work thing' for DH, but it was actually about a new job. It wasn't an interview because on Wednesday night of last week, he got an official job offer from this company. So it ended up being an introduction to the company kind of thing. We first learned about this job just two weeks ago when we had dinner with a friend from our Air Force days. He asked if DH might be interested.....and, well, two weeks to the day later, DH had his intro to the company and a shiny new job. And it isn't in Germany. It is in Alaska. :o

I don't know whether to laugh or cry or just sit quietly in a padded room for a few years. :p The real kicker is he needs to be there four weeks from today. So we are living in fast forward again. As things stand (subject to change in a minute or two) we will drive up to Alaska April 6-16 (it is about a ten day trip from here), I will stay for about a week, then head back to Florida to sell the house, ship our household goods, etc. We are going back to the base we were stationed at ten years ago, so at least we are familiar with it all and life in that part of Alaska (Fairbanks). But, boy, this is going to be one serious shock to the system.

Anyhow, I am going to try to finish the next few weeks of the rotation and then join it back again when I return to Florida. I may even be able to finish the 20 week program before moving again, but that will depend on how quickly the house sells. I finished the Heavy week (week 2) on Saturday (we came home early) and started week 3/high reps yesterday with STS Disc 6/Back and Triceps and Cardio Core Circuit. Today was STS Disc 5/Legs, STS Extended Stretch and Kick, Punch and Crunch.

Tami, glad to see your posts are posting again. How frustrating! Great workouts, as usual.

Becky, glad to hear you enjoyed Spring Break with your boys. I understand it has been pretty hot down there! People on spring break here last week were complaining about the cold. :o Great job with Ramped Up Upper Body doubled. I have done the same premix you did (twice) and it is brutal! Don't know that I will ever do it again that way, to be honest.

Thelma, so glad to hear you have a nice trip to look forward to after everything you have been going through with work. I have never been up that way but have heard great things about it. Sorry to hear your shoulders are no better. That has to be frustrating.

Laurie, glad to hear your trip went smoothly. I can imagine you were exhausted from it though. I can't believe your youngest is 20! Didn't she just graduate high school??? Time is flying by, that's for sure.

My posting may be a little erratic as things heat up into this move, but I will do my best to check in as often as I can.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend went by way too fast! I worked from 10 - 2:00 on Saturday and didn't get a workout in but yesterday I felt like going with STS Total Body since this week is circuits and it felt great. We had volleyball in the afternoon and won 5 out of 6. It was great! Our house guest left yesterday so we have our house to ourselves again. He was great, but he does get up a lot in the night so I kept hearing him get up.

Tonight I am headed to BootCamp, no golf lesson tonight. I will do that again on Wednesday and it is my final one already. I can sign up for more...... thank goodness. So I will probably continue until I can go outside and try it out for myself.

What does your lineup of workouts look like this week ladies? :smile:

Laurel: OMG!!! Wow and congrats to your DH! I understand feeling like you need a padded room right now. You of anyone I know are going to be able to handle this though. You have done it before and you will get through it. Living in fast forward, needed it a week ago is never fun. Hopefully through your workouts and sense of humor you will both be in Fairbanks looking at one another like "what just happened" but we did it! Is your DH excited? WOW. I hope the market is good there and you can get a great price for your new home. I'm sure you will. Hopefully even make some money in the process. Prayers and hugs for you my friend. and of course way to keep up the workouts and get through the rotation.

Laurie: Sounds like a very nice weekend and good time with your DD. I watched that Iowa game as well! They did awesome and DH said, I knew they were going to do well. They are a really good team! He has said that from the beginning. Thank you for the kudos on my workout. Spinning was great on Friday as well. Not a lot of people there but good energy and fun class for those of us that were there.

Thelma: Happy to hear you had a nice weekend, busy but nice it sounds like. Fun to be planning your trip! Sounds like you are taking good care of that tight shoulder; great job with that.

Hope you all have a great afternoon ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    Good evening ladies - so, I messed up the rotation. I woke up this morning thinking it was a full body workout and tomorrow was supposed to be cardio. After my workout (S & S: PHA training), I opened my workout sheet and saw today was supposed to be cardio. Oh well.....PHA has a cardio component. So, I will be switching all the days this week, so tomorrow will be cardio.

Tami - Fantastic job with your workouts and winning most of your games! WOW. Have fun at your bootcamp class - I hope Katy kicks some butt. So, my workouts will be alternating cardio with total body workouts (and I should be able to get yoga in tomorrow and Thursday).

Laurel - Holy cricket! ALASKA?! My DH wants to move there so bad. I bet your are in a whirlwind of emotions right now. I am glad you are moving somewhere that you have been before, so that probably helps with all of this. I hope that when all of this is over with that you are happy with the move and make some great new friends. Great job getting your workout in.

Laurie - Glad you got home safe with your dd. I am sorry to read that there was drama this past weekend.....ugghh.......at least you are home now. Great job with your workout this morning. Enjoy watching ball.

Thelma - Great job with your workouts, but that is a bummer that your shoulders are hurting again. Dang. I can tell you are very excited to go on your vacation (you need it!). The cottages look great.

Have a great rest of the night.

Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! No lifting today as my shoulders said no way. When I woke up this morning I decided to stretch my arms and I felt a pull that scared me. It was I think that something was very tight and the stretch caused it to overstretch. So tonight I did X10 Cardio Blast and I tried my new Jill Miller Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up.She has a 38 minute workshop where she teaches you how to do the moves so I started there. She goes into a series of rotator cuff rotation moves. I was able to do most of the moves and I felt that the workshop did my shoulders a lot of good. I think I'm going to try to do this DVD every day until my shoulders get better. Part of me feels that I need to officially withdraw from the rotation which makes me sad but I can't afford to hurt myself more. Of course the other part of me feels very hopeful after tonight's shoulder yoga workshop.

Laurie, I'm glad your trip was good. Great job with the Yoga Inferno workout! I can't believe your DD is 20!
    I can't believe we're staying in this fishing village town. I told DH we could buy fresh fish right off the fishing boat. He then said I wonder if someone would cook it for us so I said: yeah, it's called restaurant! LOL. The reason why he asked that is because one year when we went to Mexico there was a lady outside the supermarket who would grill your food for you. Neil's Harbour is very close to the Highlands National Park where we'll do serious hiking.

Wow both your grandmother and mother had 7 children. I can't even begin to imagine your family reunions. They must be so much fun.

Laurel, OMG! I can't believe you're moving to Alaska! Did you get rid of all of your winter clothes when you moved to FL? That is really going to be a shock to your system. You're going from one extreme to the other. I am so happy you're not moving to Germany though. It seems such a problematic area of the world now. Will you always live on base or will you eventually buy a house there?
    I can't believe things are happening so fast! It must be so overwhelming and surreal!
    I am excited about the vacation we're planning. It will be so much fun and beautiful. I'll be taking lots of pictures! The shoulders not wanting to get better is frustrating. I know that things need be very relaxed and tonight after the yoga workshop I feel that they are. Hopefully this will continue.

Tami, awesome workouts! So glad you girls won 5 out of the 6 games! So glad you're continuing with the golf lessons!
    My workout line up is cardio and shoulder yoga!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did a new to me workout by Patrick Goudeau called Hard Work Conditioning. Not a bad workout, it would be considered metabolic. I used lighter weights than I probably could handle, but I wanted to get a feel for the workout before trying out ones that would be to heavy. It appeared that Patrick was using 10lb for light, and maybe 12 for the heavy. This morning I did 30MTF Plateau Buster workout 1. Still deciding if I want to do Muscle Max or Maximum Intensity Strength when I get home. :pensive:

Laurel, OMW! Here you where gearing yourself up for living in EU, and now it is Alaska! Like Tami said, I'm sure that you will be able to handle it fairly well, but what a drastic change in weather. :o Great job with getting in your workouts, and they of course look like they where a ton of fun. Even with the CCC workout mixed into the rotation. :D I now have no teenage children. :smirk: It really does make one feel a little bit old, and I think the wedding is going to do the same thing.

Tami, Great job on the TB workout, and the volleyball. Your team is really doing really well with the games. Sounds like the classes have thinned out from the beginning of the year, it really does only take about three months for people to stop attending classes doesn't it. Here is my schedule for this week.

AM:Yoga Inferno Workout 1 / PM:Patrick Goudeau Hard Work Conditioning
    AM:30MTF Plateau Buster / PM:Muscle Max or MIS
    AM:ICE Boot Camp / PM:Patrick Goudeau presents Kickbox Burn (2 rounds)
    AM:PHA Training / PM:10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga
    AM:Amy Dixon Breathless Body 4 Going Strong
    AM:30MTF Muscle Definition Compilation Premix & ACE HiiT Core

Becky, Nice job on the workout, and I have done that with my rotation also. At least it is easy to adjust the week when you do something like that at the beginning of the week though. :D The PHA really does have a cardio component, so that is why I paired it with yoga. I feel like I at least get some sort of cardio into my day.

Thelma, Great job on the X10 workout, and the shoulder work sounds like it will be a positive. Don't worry about staying on the rotation, just do what your body needs you to do. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself, just to keep up with us. I bet the seafood will be really great in that location. You will be able to get the flavors of that area if you go to the restaurants too.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I really enjoyed my workout today. The past few days my mind has been overdrive and I found I was finishing my workouts and thinking 'did I actually workout?' Not today. Today I started with STS Disc 4/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, and it felt really good. I followed it with STS Med Ball abs. For cardio, I did the Shock Cardio HiiT workouts all slammed together for my fave 60 minute HiiT workout. It felt SO good today. Feel like I am ready to conquer the world. Or maybe just figure out how to move from one end of the country to the other......which means crossing a whole ' other country as well!! :D

Tami, houseguests are nice.....for awhile. I am glad you enjoyed his company but I am sure having your house back to normal is nice as well. Congratulations on the volleyball wins!! DH is very excited about the new job, which makes all this easier. We should at least break even on our house here in FL, which is pretty good after just two years. We may even make some money. So we aren't concerned about the housing market here in FL, but Alaska is another story. We have been looking at both rentals and sales and have seen absolutely nothing we would want to live in. That is one of the reasons I will be coming back here for some time before moving up......it makes no sense to ship our household goods out if we have no place to put them up there! So we have accepted we may be apart for several months until we figure out the housing situation. But, while that pains me in the short term, in the long run, this opportunity is just too good to pass up for some short term pain. Thankfully we live in the age of Skype and such, so it isn't as if I will be standing at the post box every day hoping for a letter from my DH. :p

Becky, I completely understand messing up on the rotation. I have done it a few times now where I have confused days and body parts and such. So don't think about it for a second! I can honestly say in all the places we have lived and visited, there is no place quite like Alaska. People either love it or hate it because it is not easy living there. Thankfully we loved it. Hope you get a chance to get there some day because it really is something else.

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope the yoga shoulder routine helped. As far as the rotation, you can always hit the pause button on it if you need to. The good thing about this type of rotation is you can always jump back in when you are able to. Thankfully we still have some winter clothes, so we will be somewhat prepared for the drive up there and such. We will need to get some more, though, for the deep winter. Right now we are hoping to get a house on base because, as I said to Tami, the local housing market is slim. But we will not know if we can do that until we get up there. So there is a bit of uncertainty right now. But I completely agree about this being a better move than Germany right now.

Laurie, great workouts. And sounds like a tough choice for tonight! Both are such good workouts. I imagine seeing your DD get married this summer will be so wonderful.....and so difficult as well. Where do the years go? But I hope you can celebrate the fact that while you may be the mother of a married woman, you can kick some serious fitness booty!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I ended up not making the BootCamp class last night :neutral: ; stayed later than I had planned at work so headed home. But this a.m. I did ICE BootCamp, which was great. Definitely not Katy style, but it was good. We will see what this evening brings for Insane X or not. My plan for workouts this week will be Circuit/Cardio/PHA/Total Body/Circuit and try on Saturday to get in some Yoga. I'm doing terrible with keeping up on plugging that in; seems I "miss" one workout and want to replace it with something similar and the yoga/stretch gets pushed aside.

Laurel: WOW-SER on your workout this a.m.! Again it makes me tired just thinking about it, glad you felt fabulous when you were done. That's awesome. I'm so glad to hear despite the shock you both are in that your DH is super excited, that would be making it much nicer for you and that in the long term scheme of things it will be fabulous. Great that you will be able to stay back in FL for a while before just packing everything and shipping it to a storage unit. Not fun you will be apart but like you said, Skype & phone calls can happen every day. Thank you for the congrats on the Vball wins.

Laurie: Love line-up of workouts you have put together this week! Nicely done and such a great variety. If DH ends up going to where his boat is this Friday I will get some bonus at home workout time, which will be nice. Our 21 Year Anniversary is this Thursday, so we will probably go out for a nice dinner that evening and of course watch Gonzaga play too.

Thelma: So sorry your shoulder is not cooperating but again, you are doing the right things for it and not pushing the issue. Great that you found that Yoga Conditioning for your shoulder and that it felt good when you were done. Good job making the cardio and yoga work for you during this injury. Is your foot all good now?

Becky: I ditto Laurie on understanding about the rotation mix up. I have done that often especially if I don't have it wrote down week-by-week for myself. LOL Great job with your workouts; sounds like we have a very similar plan in place. I will be doing PHA later in the week and always look forward to it! Thank you for the kudos on the V-ball wins. Super fun and the combination of ladies we have is super fun to end out our season this year. We will be done second week of April and then won't start again until Fall.
    By the way .... totally different subject, I loved what you posted on the MFP board a couple mornings ago about that student that reached out to you for "health & wellness" WOW - I absolutely love that he did that and hope he continues down a healthy path. What a compliment to you as a teacher and super person that he felt comfortable with you.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow. Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! The shoulder shape-up yoga worked miracles for my shoulders! For the first time in 2 weeks my shoulders didn't feel tight and now I can tell exactly where my injury is at. It's at the bottom of the anterior deltoid. If you take a look at this image you can see what I mean by the bottom of the deltoid.

https://goo.gl/images/gUoy6J

That pointy section at the bottom of the deltoid seems to be injured. Imagine doing that bicep stretch where you extend the arms to the sides with thumbs down as Cathe does. That rotation the thumbs down cause triggered the scary pull as if the muscle was a rubber bad you were trying to pull apart until it broke. This is true for both shoulders. MUCH better now. My right arm was the scariest one but now the left seems to be. Still nothing like what I've been feeling. I'm in awe of this yoga workout and I feel hopeful about being able to continue with the rotation soon.

So tonight I did X10 Low Impact and the shoulder shape-up practice workout. Last night I did the instructional workshop.
    Next week I have to have oral surgery and I have to take it easy for two days. So the day of I'll have to get up extra early to get a workout in and won't be able to workout on day 2.
    Then in early April I have to attend a 2 day class in Boston. It will be a mega pain to get there from where I live. Driving is not an option for me as I am terrified of driving in Boston. The class starts at 8:30 and for that I'll have to leave the house maybe at 5:45 to drive to the station, park, buy tickets in order to take the 6:30am train. This will take me to a station where I have to switch trains and then I'll walk about 1/4 of a mile to the hotel. 2 days of this horrific commute! I'll be lucky to get home by 7:45pm.

Laurie, great workouts yesterday and today!
    I am really looking forward to trying the seafood dishes during our vacation.

Laurel, awesome job with that combo today! So glad you're in a much better mental place today.
    I'm feeling more like I've hit the pause button on the rotation rather than the End button!
    Glad you still have some winter clothes. I used to watch a home hunting show in Alaska so I know what you mean about the housing market being slim there. Hey, maybe you guys can be in that home hunting show! I hope you're able to live on base until you figure out how things have changed since you last lived there.

Tami, you've been on fire lately! Awesome job lady! The shoulder conditioning workout is a keeper for sure! I could tell my flexibility was much better today. My foot is not at 100% yet but it's pretty close. I stopped sleeping with the boot on over the weekend but did it last night because yesterdays X10 workout was a cardio blast so more jumping and the calves worked hard. I'm still wearing sneakers but now probably because they're more comfy! LOL

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I decided that Muscle Max was the best option. It was a good choice. This morning I did the ICE Bootcamp, very enjoyable.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I'm always impressed that you do those HiiT workout all together. ;) Love that Med Ball Ab workout also. I have a kettlebell ab workout that I want to try out, it looks like it would be a good compliment to that med ball workout. Moving across country really sounds intimidating to me, but you have done it so many times that you have the moving plan down pat. It is very nice that there is Skype. To bad that there isn't a good place available to move into at this time.

Tami, What a great workout! :D Sounds like you have a solid plan, I'm trying this week out as a metabolic week. I'm going to incorporate the total body workouts, but use the metabolic type for cardio. I just want to see how my body feels at the end of the week. Congrats on your Anniversary week, and I'm sure that you will have a lovely day on Thursday with your DH. I'm getting excited for the bball to start up again this weekend, of course my DH really isn't into watching sports. That is why we have a DVR, so he can record all his shows. :D Hope you get that yoga in on Saturday, it sure is good for the body.

Thelma, Nice job on your workout, and doing the shoulder routine. I'm glad to hear that it is working for you injury. Your upcoming events do not sound like something to look forward to. ;) That train ride is something I would dread the most, but the surgery isn't a peach either.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with STS Disc 6/Legs....for the second time this week. But it felt really good. I followed it with X10 Cardio Blast into S&S Cardio Slam, for a great cardio combo, and then did STS extended stretch. I'm too restless right now for a long Yoga or stretch session, so I figure if I at least try to get a few 20 minute stretches in this week for flexibility, I will at least have done something.

Tami, Happy Anniversary tomorrow! Sounds like you have a fun night planned for tomorrow. Looks like a great line-up for workouts this week. Thank you for all your kind and encouraging words about this move. It is going to be a challenge, but sometimes that is a good thing.

Thelma, that is great news about your shoulders! I am so glad to hear they are feeling better and you are able to identify the trouble spot. Hopefully a few more sessions of that yoga will do the trick. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive in Boston!! There are some seriously aggressive drivers in that city. But that makes for some long days, that's for sure.

Laurie, great choice on the workout. Muscle Max is such a good one. I really like that Med Ball Ab workout too.....just wish it were a bit more challenging. I still think the Muscle Endurance Ab work is Cathe's best Med Ball Ab work......even better than the one on Core Max which is good.....but long.

Becky, hope you are well.

Laurel