Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I finally had strength to do a little lite workout! I felt better after my workout too which was great. I did Fitness Blender Low Impact, threadmill.
    I made the decision to stop the antibiotics I was given yesterday after one dose because of intestinal issues concerns. The antibiotic is that powerful that I felt a lot better this morning by the afternoon my head was feeling congested again so I went to buy a homeopathic sinus remedy and it is helping.
    Laurie, great wrokouts. I'm glad you found the 10lb kb and that your DH is doing better! I've been hearing some scary coughs lately.
    We also both have flexible spending accounts and the eye insurance. My intention was to buy new glasses but I really like these glasses so replacing the lenses was a great choice. Now I have $ to buy my sporty prescription sunglasses. You're lucky you can wear contacts. I can't. I have severe eye dryness.

Tami, sorry your team lost! Great workous! I hope Katy wasn't too mean to you tonight!
    I hope the sinusitis doesn't come back given that I stopped the antibiotics after one dose.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did a little longer workout, since DH wasn't going to be home until late. I did Kick Start Your Metabolism, which is a Chris Freytag Prevention workout. It isn't super tough, but I had fun with it. This morning was XFTMAX Back & Biceps. After work will be ACE Upper Body HiiT and 10 Min. Belly Blast. We are suppose to get some "winter" weather today. Depending on the way the storm moves will determine how much snow we get. :p

Tami, The way you feel about the Zags loss is ow we felt when UW Madison lost last year. I just love March Madness, just because the games are so exciting. Great job on the XT Legs. Hope your class wasn't to much torture. Katy really does seem to enjoy having you in her classes. ;) I really do have way to many workouts, and just not enough time to use them all. I'm probably going to end this rotation with the upper/lower and then move onto something else.

Have a great day everyone!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So last night was a great workout, not brutal thank goodness but still tough. I had a few of the people ask me where I have been and explained between work, golf lessons, work and work I had missed a few. They were happy to see me. So it was a circuit for speed of 10 Burpees, 20 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, 40 speed squats, 50 mtn climbers, 40 lunges, 30 jumping jacks, 20 tricep push-ups and 10 diamond push-ups into a jackknife and down. THEN you either had to run a mile or do 800 meters on the rowing machine. Guess which one I chose! Then you repeat the whole thing and try to get through it as many times as possible. I was leading the class in speed until I had to go to the rowers and do that, but I was way happier and it was still a big cardio factor. Our warm-up was running across the gym back and forth, back and forth. So I was really glad she gave us a choice during the workout. Only a couple of us chose that; I know she was probably bummed with me but …….. she also knows I don’t like all the running. LOL
    This a.m. was XT Bi’s/Tri’s + Abs. I have my golf lesson tonight. Only 2 more after tonight.

Thelma: Awesome job getting in your Low Impact Treadmill workout. Sorry the antibiotic was bothering you; hopefully this new homeopathic remedy is going to help. Katy was pretty friendly, didn’t call me out or anything so that was nice. I guess the other night at BootCamp someone reported to the front desk they didn’t like her tone and she swears once and a while, which doesn’t bother me but they were offended so she has been “talked to” so she had her friendly face on.

Laurie: Yay on having a little extra time for your workout last night and great job! Good job with this a.m. workout as well. I knew you would be able to relate to that feeling when “your team” is so close. So fun to watch, I will miss watching all those fun games. Katy has a strange way of showing it but I think she does like me to be there. LOL

Hi Becky!

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi ladies, I didn't have much for a workout so I did Fitness Blender Low Impact Kickbox. Tomorrow and Friday is my class in Boston. I am feeling better. In the morning when I wake up my head feels a little congested but it gets better during the day.
    My DH is so wonderful. He will get up early and will drive me to the Park Plaza Hotel in Boston so that I don't have to take a cab at 5:15am. I'm so happy he volunteered to take me because I was really scared to get in a cab by myself at that time. He will also pick me up at the train station on Friday.

Laurie, great workouts! We will be getting lots of rain tomorrow.

Tami, awesome workouts! I'm sorry but that Katy workout still sounds like another Killer Katy workout! It must have felt great to see how happy people were in class to see you back in class! Wow I can't believe someone complained about Katy's tone. Which part of BootCamp didn't they get?

I won't be able to write tomorrow night. Have a great weekend and good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did KCM's Trim Down Boxing only premix. This morning was XTFMAX Chest, Shoulders & Abs. My glasses are ready for pick up, but I probably will not have time until Friday after work to pick them up. :)

Tami, Awesome job on the workout and your bootcamp class. Katy just loves to push that running button for you doesn't she. :D Glad that she gave you the option of rowing, I think I would enjoy that more also. To bad I'm not into baseball, because that is about all that is on right now. Of course I have my Sunday races, but no other sports are really attracting my attention right now. I love my sports. ;) Enjoy your last few golf lessons.

Thelma, Glad you are starting to feel so much better. Your DH is truly a great person to drive you into Boston, and then pick you up from the train station. Sounds like you are way more comfortable about going to your classes now. After all the hype, we got NOTHING as far as weather. Lot's of rain, but no snow. I'm okay with that though. Enjoy your classes!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Good golf lesson last night. We did some more practice swings and also learned in more detail on putting. Then he worked with us one on one. I made several shots which was thrilling! This a.m. was XT Cardio Leg Blast. Tonight I am trying out that new class at the gym near my house. My girlfriend is meeting me there so it should be fun.

Thelma: Great job getting in the KB workout! I hope your work trip to Boston is good one. Your DH is beyond wonderful. That is so sweet of him to do that for you. Seriously! WOW ….. taking some stress off you forsure. Have a good trip Thelma.

Laurie: Way to go with the Boxing premx and then XTFMAX this a.m.! So how many more weeks then will you be doing this rotation? When the 16 are up? Yay for your new glasses. I bet you will like having them. Is this the pair for work or everyday wearing? Yes, I was glad she gave an option too. She is a college long distance runner …. I think that is part of her love for running on everything we do. LOL

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night I did Amy Dixon's Ultimate Kettlebell Abs, and then followed that up with GHUTV Yoga Flow. The yoga was a nice stretching routine. This morning was XTFMAX Back & Biceps.

Tami, Glad to hear that you had a solid golf lesson, it appears that it has helped with your swing. Great job on the Leg workout. Will be interested in how you enjoyed the class, I'm sure that it will be a lot better to have your friend with you. I'm doing two more weeks for a total of 10, and then moving on to a metabolic rotation. I have been pulling DVD's off my shelf these last few weeks to see which ones I have used. Most of the ones left on the shelf are circuit/metabolic/total body. So the next progression appears to be steering me toward that rotation that I have been wanting to try out. The glasses that are ready are my everyday, so it will be nice to have a new pair. The safety glasses where a week longer. We have to purchase our safety glasses from an approved company, so they must really take their time making them. :D They are never as nice as the ones that I buy for everyday. That explains all the running, she sounds a lot like my oldest dd with the running.

Laurel, Hope your trip is going well.
    Becky, I'm sure that you are really busy with being gone for a few days. ;) Hope your presentation went really well.
    Thelma, Hope your class and the journey there and back went really well.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. The class was really good and getting home on the train wasn't too bad. I don't miss public transportation though. I can't believe I used to take a bus and two trains each way for 10 years! Thank God DH drove me in.

On Thursday after class I discovered in youtube the Boom 500 workouts. The instructor loves burpees . Even the low impact workout elevated my heart rate. I highly recommend them.
    On Thursday I did Boom 500-Quiet 500 Calorie Low Impact. On Saturday I locked myself out of the house so I walked around time till DH got home. I also did BOOM 500-30 Day 500 Calorie Fat Burning Home Workout Challenge. I took Sunday off.

Laurie, glad you didn't get any snow! Great workouts!

Tami, glad you had a great golf lesson! Great job with your workouts! How did you girls like the new gym?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had beautiful weather this weekend! On Saturday I did the XTFMAX Legs, Triceps & Core, and then followed that with the Ultimate Kettlebell Workout. This time I used the 15lb kb for the first half of the workout, and then changed when the moves started getting fast. On Sunday no workout, we celebrated Easter with DH's family, and that took up the whole day. We had to drop DH's Aunt off at her care facility (which is really nice), and then drive all the way home. Round trip it is probably 60 miles. My workout this morning was S90D Chest, Shoulders & Triceps.

Thelma, Very nice that your class was good, and that your return journey was stress free. I will have to check out those workouts, I'm really enjoying exploring youtube also. Kelly said that she is looking at doing some youtube workouts on facebook. They will be her working out in her basement, so this may be interesting. Have not heard if she will be charging anything, or if they are free. I'm actually okay with burpees, but I can understand why some people don't. Will see what the workouts are like to see if they are going overboard with the burpees. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you on Friday Laurie …. I logged in and read your post and then was diverted back to work shortly thereafter. At any rate the new class Thursday night at the gym near my house, it’s called TRANSFORM it is basically a Weight/HiiT style format. So we did a warm-up then 4 minutes of cardio (4 moves at a minute each) Burpees, Speed Skaters, Jumping Jacks and Switch Lunges. Then we would do a weight move for 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off with a total 8 rounds per body part. Then back to cardio session, weight HiiT session, cardio session, etc. until hour was up. I liked the class, the instructor was a little unorganized and admitted to having too many Red Bull’s …. :smiley: Yes a little hyper I would say too. LOL But all in all I will go back again; will be a good one for when I miss my Katy classes due to golf or just wanting a Thurs night class. The gym is absolutely gorgeous! No wonder our dues went up when it was built a couple years ago. Friday was Spinning in the evening with Katy, it was a very small class, but good. Saturday I did High Reps, yesterday I went into work for a few hours and then came home and did Rock’m Sock’m as a nice warm-up before our Volleyball Tourn. Our tourney went “ok” we finished 2nd, which isn’t bad at all but we played so poorly in our very last game so it was kind of a bummer to end that way. We had such a fun season though, I will miss my Volleyball pals until next Fall. Today is BootCamp after work.

Thelma: I am happy for you that the class was good in Boston. Again, so sweet of your DH to drive you. Great job getting right back into the workouts when you returned. Is BOOM 500 an online workout or DVD’s? Looks like you are rolling right through them! Sorry about being locked out, hopefully the weather wasn’t too bad and you didn’t have to wait too terribly long. Speaking of SNOW, it was dumping snow this a.m. then sunshine and rain and now sunshine. Crazy weather we get this time of year. As I mentioned above, LOVED the new gym. It is absolutely beautiful and the locker room is 3 times the size with great showers and changing areas. Super nice place. Now if I could just get Katy to teach there instead. LOL

Laurie: Very nice that you were able to celebrate Easter with DH’s family, sounds like a nice weekend. Great job with your workouts …. Sounds like you have enjoyed the XTFMAX workouts and excellent work getting in your Yoga Flow too. The golf instructor has definitely done a great job I feel. Now I haven’t done anything outside yet, that may be a whole new story, but he has been great. We have Wed. and then 2 more lessons to go. Nice plan you have in place for an upcoming rotation! I love the total body/metabolic rotation(s) as well. Not sure what I will be doing, going to continue with this one for a while since I love the variety of it and I can switch different programs in and out.

Hi Becky :smile:

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did XT Bi's and Tri's, Jill Miller's Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up.

Laurie, awesome workouts! I can't believe I found those BOOM 500 workouts! They are really great and I would say way up there with killer Cathe workouts. The guy is pretty funny at times. He'd say things like WOW! I almost too myself out! or I'm kicking my own butt. He has a 30 day workout challenge.
    Kelly thinking of doing youtube workouts? Kelly as in KCM? I'm sure she will be charging something.

Tami, fabulous workouts! Finishing 2nd is good! Congrats. I'm so glad you liked the new gym and the class! How did you friend do? Funny about the instructor saying she'd had too may Red Bulls!

BOOM 500 is on youtube. Check him out. I really think he's tough in a Cathe sort of way.
    It was freezing out on Saturday and that is why I started walking. Dear DH saved the day again. He was practicing at the bowling alley 1/2 hr away from home. He'd just started to practice when I called. He left right away and found me on the road to the little shopping plaza where the eye glass place is at.
    You guys really had crazy weather this morning!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did 30MTF Cardio Pump Workout 1, which is the boxing cardio. I then followed that up with STS Extended Stretch. This morning I did GHUTV Core Conditioning, this one is done in circuits. You do 4 exercises for 2 minutes each for two rounds. Then you move onto another 4 exercises with the same format. I was dripping with sweat when finished, and that surprised me because none of the moves had any impact. Good workout. So far I'm really enjoying these workouts.

Tami, To bad that volleyball had to end the way it did, but then you can look forward to the fall when it starts up again. Sounds like a really good class, and I'm glad that you have a good option for when you need it. I can't even imagine how that class was with an unorganized instructor. Hopefully when you go back, it will be better. Great job on your workouts! Sticking with this rotation was seriously looked at on my part, but the attraction of the metabolic was getting to me. I want to step it up a little bit more with the summer coming and the wedding too.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! I saw that it was Millionaire Hoy that is doing the Boom 500 workouts. He has some kickboxing HiiT workouts that look interesting also. Yes KCM Kelly is looking at youtube workouts. As soon as I know more about it I will let you know.

Have a great day!

Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night I ended up going home and doing my own BootCamp! I chose Strong & Sweaty BootCamp, which I love. DH was not home and Emma needed out so I needed to go home. But it worked out great for me too to get my workout in at home. Today was Supercuts and debating on Insane X for tonight; it’s our nicest day of the week which means RUNNING. Plus I need some dinner groceries so I may opt out instead of feeling rushed and “what’s for dinner at 7 PM when I get home. :neutral:

Thelma: Fabulous job getting in XT Bi’s & Tri’s + JM Shoulder Shap UP. How is your shoulder doing these days? Thank you for the kudos on my workouts. Feeling back in a groove despite missing classes here an there. My friend made it through with a few breaks during the cardio sections, but she did it and was proud of herself forsure!

Laurie: Awesome work getting in the Cardio Pump and Stretch. Sounds like this a.m. workout was another good one! Way to go. Yes, this rotation is definitely easy to just keep going and going …. The hard part for me is figuring out which one of the many to do each week for each format of workouts. Which isn't hard, just so many choices. LOL

Have a great rest of your day ladies ~ until tomorrow! Tami
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Just a quick check-in from Minot, North Dakota. Tomorrow takes us in to Canada for four nights and then, finally, Alaska. We have gone 2200 of our projected 4700 miles. The worst part of the trip--I-75 in Florida and Georgia--is well behind us. We had a little sleet/snow last night in St. Paul, Minnesota. But, all in all, good so far. I am really enjoying my Subaru too! Good choice for this kind of trip.

I have even been managing to workout a bit which makes me very happy. DH has been very patient about that. After I wrote on last Monday, my back felt well enough to do PHA Upper Body premix. The movers' schedule on Tuesday a week ago didn't allow me to workout, but when the movers drove off in the truck on Wednesday with virtually everything we own, I headed straight to my workout room and did Metabolic Total Body. Thursday was X10 Low Impact, Friday was Super Cuts and RWH Low Impact HiiT. Saturday was the looonnnnggggg drive out of Florida, so no workout. We didn't eat dinner until 10:00pm that night after finally getting to our destination outside of Chattanooga, TN. Sunday, after getting to Mt. Vernon, Illinois was, again, Metabolic Total Body. Monday morning was Hard Strikes. And today was, again, Super Cuts followed by Double Wave Pyramid HiiT. I hope to workout 2-3 more times before we get to Fairbanks, but towards the end of this long trip, the days are going to be 10-12 hours of driving. So......we'll see about working out. But it has helped me both mentally and physically this past week, that's for sure.

Laurie, I thought about you as we passed through Wisconsin yesterday! How I would have loved more time to explore. I loved the countryside! Reminded me in so many ways of where we lived in England.

Thelma, glad your time in Boston went okay and you are feeling better!

Tami, great workouts. Glad you enjoyed your visit to your 'home' gym last week. Sounds like a crazy class though!

Becky, hope you are well.

More from Alaska next week!

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did XT Legs. OMG my glutes are feeling that workout. I chose a premix that had Barre in it and guess what? That was the first part of the workout! OUCH!

Laurie, great combo!!! That Core Conditioning workout sounds really good. So you're familiar with that Millionaire Hoy guy? I really like him. Even his quiet low impact workout had my heart rate going. Awesome news on KCM creating youtube workouts!

Tami, great workouts!Good choice on going home tonight and skipping that running! My shoulder is still injured. I that shoulder shape up conditioning workout has been amazing in helping me. I think I aggravated my shoulder with the BOOM 500 workouts given the burpees. Sunday and Monday I was not in a good place with my shoulder. So last night I did the shoulder shape up workout and today I felt pretty good. So this is why I haven't jumped back into the rotation because I'm afraid. So we'll see how tomorrow goes when I do shoulders and back. I will definitely follow that workout with the shoulder conditioning workout.

Laurel, I'm so happy to hear from you! I was thinking about you today and wondered how far you'd gotten. That is a lot of driving. I knew you'd love your Subaru! Good for you for working out!

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was Tae Bo Advanced #4. This morning was S90D Legs. It has been fun revisiting these workouts again.

Tami, Awesome job on the workouts! I would have done the same thing as you, avoid the running. :D Top priority has to be Emma, and then the bonus is getting to do the Bootcamp workout at home. That is the most difficult part of the rotation, figuring out what workout to do with the abundance that are available. I still may change my mind and continue on with this rotation. I have been getting some great results with the mix, so may change the week of circuits to be metabolic. That way I can get the taste every week, but not get bored with it.

Laurel, What a wonderful job you are doing on those workouts as you are traveling. That has to be the best relief for your muscles after driving all day long. I was thinking about you yesterday also, and wondering when you had arrived in Wisconsin. You did avoid the torrential rains we had the day before, which is good. The Wisconsin Dells area is really pretty, as is the Mississippi valley area. At some point you and your DH will have to come travel WI, as our state tourism adds state. ;)

Thelma, Great job on the leg workout, and of course getting those glutes torched. ;) It is nice that we can find so many good workouts on youtube. The fact that you can find low impact, and getting you hr up is a positive. Not many instructors can do that.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

I will keep this short because it’s hard to type ….. :'(:'(:'( as you all know with Emma and her hard times as a senior dog as of late, well she was having a hard time yesterday a.m. and when Brett got home from Seattle to check on her she couldn’t get up. I went home immediately when he called; about 3:00 and we went straight to the vet. Really only one choice since she cannot get around very well and falling more often. He said even if it was something simple, the fact that she can’t rehab herself and move around it isn’t going to be very easy to improve her situation. If it was something major (like a tumor or cancer) it would require surgery and no guarantees especially at her age. He suspects with all her panting for so long it could be something worse then say a tear or pulled muscle. :s So we had to make the most difficult choice of all in putting her down. It is impossible to describe the sadness and heavy heart I have and I know you both understand since you also have fur babies and animal moms yourselves. Just wanted you to know.

Needless to say, no workout last night or this a.m. we will see what tomorrow brings, I hope to get in a workout and feel a little better. I know it will take A LOT of time. My work has been beyond amazing and small gifts, cards and hugs have shown up all day. I thought it was better to go to work than to stay home and curl up in a ball. Our manager also decided to donate our $5 per week jean money we have been donating each week since January to the Humane Society in honor of Emma. How thoughtful is that? Everyone here is completely dog lovers and agreed. Such kindness.

I will check in with you ladies in the next couple days. Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, tonight I did XT Chest, Back & Shoulders, Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up.

Laurie, great job with Tae Bo and the leg workout!

Oh Tami! I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and Brett. I know how special that little girl was to you and Brett. Saying good bye to our beloved pets is simply one of the hardest things one has to do. It is also the biggest act of love to let them go when they're sick and maybe suffering

The Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies
    that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm
    and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health
    and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
    just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and
    looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
    Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs
    carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your
    special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
    and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your
    life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

– Unknown

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies - I think that I will be popping in and out of here (as you can tell now) due to my schedule really changing. But, I don't want to lose full contact with you all, so I hope you don't mind the pop ins. I am absolutely loving this rotation and am thanking Laurie every day when I do my next workout. I have been keeping up with the STS workouts and yoga. These past few days have been Meso 2 workouts, and I have been really sore. Weird because I have been keeping up with the rotation, but I think the changing from Meso 3 to 1 to 3 each week is "shocking" my body. I love it!

Tami - my heart is breaking for you and Brett. I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Emma. This absolutely brings tears to my eyes because I think of my past pets and losing them. I love that your work has been so supportive of you through this. The money jar is such a great idea.

Thelma - Great job with your workouts and getting your tush on fi-ya! :D Thanks for the info on the Boom workouts. Boston, eh? I have been there once and loved it. I am glad it went well.

Laurie - Great job doing some oldies but goodies workouts. The GHUTV Core Conditioning sounds great with doing 2 minutes each. It sounds like you had a good family weekend.

Laurel - I am so glad you are updating us with your move and where you are located. Fantastic job with continuing your workouts. I am sure it is helping with sitting in the car for so long. The places you are traveling through sound so wonderful. Too bad you can't stop and sight see.

Have a great day!

Becky
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Tami, I popped in for a second and saw your message. I am SO very sorry to hear about Emma. Be gentle wth yourself right now. Big hugs to you.

Becky, great to see you. Please pop in whenever you can!

Thelma, great workouts! What a wonderful poem.

Laurie, I wish we could have spent a week in the Dells. It was so beautiful. We will definitely be back in Wisconsin some day.

This morning I did RWH Low Impact HiiT One. We have a long day ahead, so I am glad I did something. Next stop......Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada.

Laurel