Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Feeling even better today, and not at all sore from yesterday's workout. :o So I took it up a couple more degrees today. I started with my first ever Cathe Live workout. It is one she posted yesterday and was a 57 minute Upper Body Bootcamp workout. The structure was three exercises for one body part followed by a core move, then three exercises for another body part and a core move......until all five upper body parts were done and then the cycle was repeated but with two exercises per body part. It was really good! I will probably continue to check out some of those live workouts. I followed it with Step Moves, which felt good today.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the knee! Knees are tricky things, so it might be something you want to have looked at, especially if you think there is an issue with your cartilage. But great job with your upper body work! Don't think twice about what weight you are lifting right now. Just celebrate that you are healthier and back being able to lift!

Laurie, great workouts! Love that you are enjoying that site. When things calm down for me, I will have to check it out. I still have so much to figure out on Cathe's live site yet! Fairbanks is pretty much at sea level. Unfortunately, it is one of the few places in the state not covered by mountains. :/ But I think the dryness up here is causing some of my problems. My body prefers humidity, and there is absolutely none to be had here. My lungs don't like that. Thank you for the author recommendation! I will look in to her books. I seem to be a little bored with all my usual authors right now, so I am looking for something new. So I don't mind a little enabling on your part. ;)

Tami, Happy Birthday!! Hope you enjoy your day out in L.A. with you mom and sister. Spoil yourself to bits doing whatever it is you want to do!!

Becky, hope the rest of your week went well.

We are celebrating 27 years of marriage today. How did I get this old? :p Hope you all have a great weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a nice weekend. My kneed got better over the weekend. It doesn't feel like it's going to give out from under me anymore. Today I was on my feet a lot so the knee is a little sore. The only workout I did this weekend was walk on the treadmill. I did that Friday and today. I took Saturday off.
    I planned a get away weekend for DH and I during the July 4th weekend. I found a groupon for an inn in the White Mountains, NH. I love it there! Got a great deal! Two weekend nights for 1/2 the price!

Laurie, great workouts! You really are getting your $ worth on that web site. I wanted to join but I just didn't think I'd use it enough to justify the expense.
    I know I hardly have any cartilage left in my knees so maybe a little piece broke off.
    Changes in temperature can really make people get sick. Do you take allergy meds? I take Claritin and use flonase nasal spray every day.

Laurel, so glad you're feeling better. Greatjob with that Cathe Live workout! Did you guys move to your new home yet? I was going to ask if you could see mountains where you are but I just read what you told Laurie. You need to get yourself a humidifier to help put some humidity back into your nasal pasages.
    Happy 27th wedding anniversary! WOW! So fortunate!

My shoulders are feeling better. Thank God!

Tami, I hope you had a nice birthday and a great time with your mom and your sister.
    Becky, I hope your friend's wedding was a beautiful one and that you didn't cry too much!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend, and I found a dress for the wedding. So on Friday after work I did Jillian's 10 Min. Body Transformation workouts Kickbox Blast and Booty Bootcamp. I then followed that up with Chris Freytag's Booty Blast and Belly Blast. All these workout where 10 min. each. On Saturday I went with my dd and her future MIL, and we went dress shopping. I found this dress in champagne shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-embellished-cutout-taffeta-sheath-dress-regular-petite/4189297?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=MAUVE Really nice to show off the shoulders and arms. Will have to find a shawl, but it appears that they are something that I can get online. Her MIL didn't really find a dress, she wasn't happy that she was in such a large size dress. It was a bit of a reality check for her.

On Sunday I did GHUTV Super 8, Bodyweight Burnout 2 & Yoga Stretch & Relax. These workouts are all around 20 min. so it was a good 60 min. workout. This week DH is off to Vegas, so it is just me and Rocket until Thursday.

This morning I did GHUTV Ultimate Intervals. After work will be something from Jillian.

Laurel, I'm sure that you will enjoy those Live workouts from Cathe, there are so many of them. The 2Lazy site has some really good reviews of the workouts, so that it gives you some idea of what they are all about. Sounds like a really good workout you tried out for your first one. I enjoyed them when I had the subscription. I will probably be trying a rotation of these GHUTV workout next month, and I'm thinking of incorporating Jillian into the rotation also. Most of the workouts that I have tried are metabolic. Hope that you had a very nice Anniversary in your new location.

Thelma, Great walk on the treadmill! I'm glad to hear that the knee is feeling better. What a great deal at half price, and in an area that you like. I think that I'm a little obsessed with Chris right now, so will be doing the workouts until I get bored. So far I'm surprising myself with still wanting to do the workouts. :D Just so you know Kelly put out her first youtube video. It is an all upper body workout, with no warm up or cool down. It looks good though, so I hope to try it out some time this week. https://youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3HlI7nF60 She is going to see how this one goes, and then will decide if there will be a subscription price.

Tami, Hope that you had a wonderful birthday, and enjoyed your time with you Mom and sister!

Becky, Hope your weekend was a good one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We spent our weekend becoming re-familiarized (I don't think that is a word but....oh well) with our surroundings. We had beautiful weather this weekend with the temps in the 50's so that made me happy. We also had a really nice anniversary dinner on Friday at one of our favorite restaurants from when we were here 10 years ago, I tell you, I am on world record pace for eating as much Alaskan halibut as a human being can. But it is SO good!

I worked out both days this weekend. Saturday was Rockout Knockout and yesterday was PHA Training. I am still fighting this cold of mine, so I am intentionally keeping things very light right now. I took Thelma's advice and bought a humidifier yesterday (warm air one) and that seems to be helping. I feel better in the afternoons, so I have also switched my workout time. So today's workout will be ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast.....when I get to it! It is driving me crazy not being able to workout more right now, but I need to get healed up for our move in next week. DH will, of course, not be able to help with moving in because of work :s so I need to be in good shape to get it done!

Thelma, I am glad to hear your knee is feeling better. I hope that continues. Like I said above, I took your advice and bought a humidifier. I think it will help me tremendously. We will get the keys to the new house next Monday and, will, hopefully get our household goods delivered on Tuesday. We had a brief walk through of the house last week, and it is okay. I think I will be homesick for my home in Florida for some time, but that's to be expected since it is the only house I have lived in where I got the chance to outfit it exactly as I wanted. This house in Alaska has a really nice floor plan and will suit us well. But as with our experience with rentals, it hasn't been well talked care of over the years, and I find that disappointing. But that is one of the reasons I wasn't willing to rent out our house in Florida.

Laurie, absolutely love that dress!! What a great choice, and nothing that yells 'mother of the bride' (in a bad way) about it! I am sorry your future SIL's mother didn't find anything, but shopping for a dress for this kind of occasion, as you know, is tough. Thanks for letting me know 2Lazy has reviews of Cathe's live workouts. I will definitely look in to that. I was pleasantly surprised how the live class went. She could have slapped a label on it and sold it as a workout DVD in my opinion. I thought she might take it down a notch in her live classes or do more explaining, but she didn't. I was impressed. Great workouts this weekend! Glad you are still enjoying them so much!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a really good workout tonight. I know my shoulder will be stiff tomorrow. I started with XT bi's & Tri's W/U, BB Build, KCM Train Like a Contender & Biceps, Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up. Last night when I went to take a shower I noticed black spider on the ceiling and I turned around for a second and when I looked back it was MIA! Tonight the frigging spider made an appearance again and this time it was on the shower stall's ceiling! So out of the bathroom I go to tell DH there was a tarantula in the bathroom. When he got to the bathroom it was gone again! I noticed that it moved pretty fast. Apparently it went inside my Intuition razor! OMG! Can you imagine if I'd started to shave my legs and the thing crowled out onto my leg? I would killed myself trying to run out of the shower! Now that I think about it I'm cracking myself up but I would've been a screaming mess! LOL DH is my hero!
    My knee is pretty much back to normal. I can run up/down stairs again and it did well with the pivot move done during those punching combos. I'm not sure I'm ready for jumping yet though. The little jumping done during the BB warm up made my knee feel funny. The shoulder injury is still there but it's better.
    Here are some pictures of The Darby Field Inn & Restaurant in Albany, NH where we'll be staying at in July
    https://tinyurl.com/jwk7km7

Laurie, glad you had a nice weekend and OMG I absolutely LOVE that dress! That is my kind of dress! A shall is a great idea! I can see how the dress hunt was a big disappointment and a reality check for your dd's MIL. Poor lady. Hopefully she'll get with the program and will lose a few lbs in the next two months.
    Great job with those weekend workouts! You are making want to join GHUTV!!!!! I think I'm more inclined to join that channel than purchasing Cathe's FitTower program. You are too funny about being obsessed with Chris F. right now. I think it's because it's different and new as opposed to doing the same Cathe thing for so long.

Laurie, thanks for that KCM YouTube link! Love the workout. Some of the moves I'd have to do while standing. The seated exercises such as the shoulder press are a bit dangerous for me. What does she expect to gain from free workouts?

Laurel, glad you too had a good weekend. Wow so cool that the restaurant you ate 10 years ago is still around! Love your new picture! Glad you're enjoying the Alaskan halibut!
    Good move on getting the humidifier. That is one thing I can't live without in the winter. Ours died two weeks ago. Ordered a new one and we had to use it to make sure it works even though we don't need it anymore.
    Great workouts and great strategy to keep it light until you're back to 100%. Sorry your husband won't be available to help with the move Laurel. It really is too bad rentals are not well taken care of. Did you FL house sell yet?
    I'm sure you'll miss your FL home given that you had it built to your liking. At least the rental has a nice floor plan. Will you see bears or mouse in Fairbanks? Hi Tami and Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I changed my mind last night as to what workout I would do, and surprisingly I did the Butt Bible Level 1 Upper and Lower workouts. The lower body uses no weight, but dang do you feel it with all the reps. This would be a good add on to a lower body workout, since it is only 20 min. long. The upper body is actually really good to, if you use way heavier weights than the puny 3lbs that they are using in the workout. Pauline the instructor doesn't stop talking during the whole thing, and really says some weird things. Some of them are pretty funny though, like "crack the nut". This morning was ACE Upper Body HiiT, so when I get home I'm thinking of some kickboxing. Don't know which one yet, but it will be kickboxing. ;)

Laurel, Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend, and that you where able to go out to celebrate your anniversary. I would be gobbling up the halibut also, I'm sure having it so fresh is a bonus. Awesome job on the workouts, and taking it down until you feel like you can handle your usual workout schedule. Sorry to hear that the rental wasn't taken care of that well. Dang on your DH not being there for the move. :( Even though he has only been working for a couple of days, is he enjoying it? LOL that was my feeling about the dress also, I saw all the MOB dresses hanging there at the store. My dd actually told me that she wouldn't even let me try them on. :D She said that I didn't need to hide my body with those fuggly dresses. Her words, not mine. ;) She is so not a bridezilla, and I think it is throwing her future MIL for a loop. Jana (dd's future MIL) wants a long dress, and my dd doesn't have a problem with me being in a short dress and her MIL being in a long one. She wants us to enjoy ourselves and be comfortable in our clothes. So LOVE that girl. <3 All the live classes that I did where all very good, and I agree she could slap it on a dvd no problem. It was interesting to watch the people in the classes, and the different levels. There is one workout that Al from her DVD's is there, I can't remember which one though.

Thelma, Great combo of workouts! You are like my mother with the spider, she would be running away screaming. ;) I would have DH deal with the little critter also, so I'm glad that your DH found the thing before it had a chance to crawl up you leg. :# I know that would have freaked me out too. Wonderful news on your knee, hope that it continues to be okay. I love the Inn that you will be staying at, it looks like a really nice cozy atmosphere. Now some of the wall paper in the rooms may not be to my liking, but they sure look spacious. Jana's reaction to the menopausal body (her words), was to limit her eating. :( So she was going to skip dinner. You and I both know that will probably be something that isn't sustainable. I'm sure she will do some type of crash diet, but I will just keep eating clean and working out. From what my dd said, I think that it is working okay. ;) You could be right about needing a break from Cathe for a while, I'm sure that I will get back into doing her workouts again. I probably will not order her new workouts yet, I'm going to wait to see how everyone likes them. My knees really don't enjoy barre work, but it looks like the workouts are not all barre. So I'll wait to get opinions.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Ladies, just heard this on the news about Fitbits exploding
    Http://tinyurl.com/mbqj9jl
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My plan for working out today got thrown out the window after a long conversation with my sister on the phone. She has been having serious problems in her job this year (she is a special ed teacher), and needed somebody to talk to. So after a few hours of talking, I am ready for tea and a book. I feel so sorry for her right now because she is such a gifted person in what she does. And since I worked out for the last six days, I decided a day off wouldn't be bad.

Thelma, yikes on the spider! I hate when they just disappear. Glad you didn't find him.....crawling up your leg. Yeah, that probably would have me freaked too it that happened. When we were in Florida, I had a beetle crawl into the shower with me once. And yes, naked and wet, I did flee the shower. :# Oh well. Great job with the workouts. Glad to hear both your shoulder and knee are doing better. No, we haven't sold the house in Florida. I think it is going to take much longer than we thought, to be honest. They are building so much down there in that area right now (our little town of West Melbourne is the fastest growing town in Florida) that there is, no doubt, plenty of options for people. So it may take awhile to find the right family for our house. That's okay. If we don't sell it within a few months.....I may find my way back down there for the winter. B) We have seen a few moose since we have been here. DH saw a bear on the drive up, but I was apparently looking the other way. We will need to be on the look out for both while we are here, though bears usually don't find their way into town here like they do in other parts of the US. Interesting info on the Fitbit. Not good.

Laurie, great workouts, though that one with the constant chatter sounds interesting. DH is enjoying his job, so far. It is very different from anything he has ever done, and he loves that it has real-world military implications. Love your DDs attitude about her wedding and your dress. It is great that she wants both you and her future MIL to be comfortable over thinking about something like the perfect photo. I just shake my had with sadness when people talk about skipping meals to lose weight. I hope she is able to do something to make herself feel better, but that kind of approach is so short-term and, as you said, not sustainable. So you continue to do what you do so well! Maybe you can serve as a positive role model for her somewhere down the road.

Becky and Tami, hope you are both well.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hardly slept last night worried about work. I forced myself to jump on the treadmill so that I could get some exercise in.

Laurie, great workouts! Thank God your dd doesn't expect you to wear a fuggly dress to her wedding! I cracked up when I read the word fuggly beacuse I didn't think people used that term anymore. Hopefully Jana will see the light and will eat healthy as opposed to skipping a meal. It's not healthy and it will only slow her metabolism down.
    The wallpaper at the Inn is really horrendous. Hopefully we won't get dizzy when we walk in the room! LOL.
    About Cathe's FitTower workouts I will have to see her video clips first as well as read the reviews. I'm sure you will eventually get back to Cathe workouts. Sometimes a break is badly needed. I think that is why we all loved BB and H&S so much last year.

Laurel, your body I'm sure appreciated the day off. Sorry about your sister having problems at work. That is so stressful and it's always in your mind.
    I would've fleed the shower naked and wet too if that thing came crawling out of my razor and onto my leg. DH said the thing jumped out of the razor and it went back in. This was a different spider. It was really black and not your usual skinny spider. It moved really fast too.
    It's hard to sell a house when there is so much inventory available. It took us 9 months to sell our house in NC a few years ago so be prepared to reduce the asking price. I hope you find a buyer soon though. So glad your DH is enjoying his job@ How far is his job from your new home? I would be so excited about seeing the wild life from a distance but when I've watched those home buying shows in Alaska they are too close for comfort sometimes! It's a good thing bears don't usually go into town! Take pictures if you see them though!I can't even imagine how big a moose is.
    Scary on the Fitbit battery cathing fire!

My right shoulder was not happy this morning. It took all day for it to relax.
    Hi Tami and Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I took out 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body with Jessica Smith. That was a perfect workout to end the day. Have to admit that I am eating way better with DH not being here this week. And I have lost a pound already. ;) Guess that really brings to light that I should stop the snacking. :o This morning I did ACE HiiT Lower Body. I'm not sure if I will be able to get a workout in after work, I have a hair appt with my youngest tonight.

Laurel, So sorry to hear that your sister is having a tough time right now. Hope that she felt better after getting to talk to you. I'm glad that you where able to enjoy a day off with tea and a book, I'm sure that your body will thank you for the rest in the end. It would be nice to have a little time down in FL at some point this summer if you house doesn't sell fast. Glad to hear that your DH is in his element with the job, guess you can't really take the military out of someone if they have made a career out of if. ;) Hopefully, once you feel better, your time up there will be enjoyable. You are getting a lot of reading in though. :D Moose and bear! Yikes! Both animals that I wouldn't want to meet up close for sure. I have a classmate that lives in Anchorage, and she has had to stay in her house a couple of times because a moose is in the driveway.

Thelma, Dang on the stress from work! Glad that you where able to get on the treadmill though. Very interesting about the FitBit, and that the lady was right here in Milwaukee. I have a different FitBit from the one she has, but if the battery starts to get hot at any point, then I will take it off. ;) Don't need to experience that. Hammer and Chisel is one of the systems that I'm thinking of using at some point this summer. The workouts are not super long, so it would work really well as we get closer to the wedding.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Back from my visit with my mom & sister in pure sunshine of L.A. :) I was able to actually have a couple days of a few hours by the pool at my mom's condo. Which was so nice and felt so great. Other than a lot of walking there were no workouts at all. :/:( Which bothered me but my heart and soul definitely feels better after all the grief I was feeling with the loss of Emma. Nothing like sunshine and family to help with that. So tomorrow a.m. I will be back at the workouts and ready to hit it in my usual fashion. Yesterday when I arrived it was all laundry, unpacking and needed groceries. DH lives like a bachelor when I am gone and there was nothing in the house other than a frozen lasagna he had made.

I am going to try and read through your posts to catch up best I can. I wanted to check back in though and let you know I am alive and well and ready for my workouts!! More than ever .... if that can be.

Thelma: Sorry to hear your job is causing you some lackless sleep at night .... dang it. I hope that it is a short phase and you can be back at a more normal pace. I just read the news about the SPIDER!!!! OMG I would have been freaking out. I cannot stand spiders. YIKES. Sounds like your workouts are going great and your knee/shoulder are doing ok too?!

Laurie: Sounds like your workouts are going great as always since I last checked in and congrats on finding a dress for your DD's wedding! I know that can be stressful for the mother of the bride until it is found, so yahoo on that. Congrats on the pound loss as well.

Laurel: So sorry to hear about your sister having a rough time at her job. I can relate only too well to that feeling; regardless of the problem when you need a good sister talk it must be really rough for her and I am sorry. Sounds like you are adjusting nicely to Alaska and of course have not missed a beat on your workouts. So great. I would also be all over the Halibut! YUM.

Becky: From what I saw, it sounds and looks like your friends wedding was pure success and lots of fun. So happy for you both, what an amazing day you must have shared.

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was horrible, but good. I did RWH Upper Body Circuit with core work. Can't wait to get back to my normal workout routine after we get into our new house. I am getting pretty restless right now!

Tami, SO glad to hear you had a good time in CA and that it helped you process some of your grief over Emma. Sounds like it gave you the perfect amount of down time to get you re-fired you up (if that makes any sense). Sounds like you plan on hitting the workout trail again at a full run. I hope to be right behind you in about 10 days! Still trying to figure out if I am going to carry on in this rotation.....or start it over. :o I am thinking it may be the latter.

Thelma, I am so sorry about the lack of sleep. Job stress is no fun at all. Good job getting on the treadmill though. DH will be workout about 12 miles from where we live, but that is 12 miles of empty road. It is hard to describe this part of Alaska, but Fairbanks is the biggest city in the area (second biggest city in Alaska) at 32,000 people. There is nothing north of Fairbanks except the artic circle, oil fields and some small, mostly native, towns. North Pole, where we will be living, is about 12 miles south of Fairbanks, with 2,000 people. And it isn't like it is a suburb. There is a good 8-10 miles of nothing in between. Then the AF base where DH works, is another 12 miles south of that. And, frankly, there is nothing south of the base to speak of until you hit Anchorage (400 miles away) or something like Whitehorse, YT, which is 600 miles away. Very isolated so no traffic issues for DH at all. The moose are HUGE and way more dangerous than any bear especially if you get between a mama and a baby. Love the moose.....but from a distance.

Laurie, great workouts. Congrats of the pound loss! I keep telling myself to just cut out a few calories of 'waste' and everything would be good.....and then a piece of chocolate hops into my mouth. :# Some day I will re-exert control over my chocolate love. It is funny about DH and the military because in his job as an ROTC instructor in FL, he was still in uniform and had to keep his haircut and all that, and he is SO happy to be done with that part of the military. But the mission.....that part is, indeed, in his blood. I must admit, can't wait to see DH with longer hair and maybe even a beard. Never seen him like that! We had moose bed down in our yard last time we were here and, yes, it is wise just to stay inside when that happens. We even had one moose trip over the garden hose and fall into the side of the house. I was sitting inside and heard this loud thump, I start looking out the windows to see what happened, and there is a moose by our front window, picking himself up and wandering off.....dragging the garden hose with him. Now that's not something you see every day! He was fine, though......and so was the house, thankfully.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I didn't workout tonight. Came home late from work and felt nauseous. It's been a busy week at work but I finally finished the painful task I'd been working on. I finished one thing just to feel pressure from two other projects. This means I'll be working this weekend AGAIN! At least my knee continues to feel good and I had a good shoulder day now that that things have relaxed on the upper body from my shoulder workout on Monday.
    Not sure if you read Cathe's news letter but she talks about strengthening the back muscles because when we're at work and we lean forward at our desks we work the chest and shoulder muscles more than the back by doing things like that. I lean forward BIG TIME when I'm at work. Also, I think my chest muscles are stronger than my back muscles and that is why my shoulders rotate forward. Every time I do chest work I feel the forward rotation

Laurie, great job with your workouts and congrats on the 1 lb weight loss! I hope you never have anny issues with your Fitbit. Hammer and Chisel sounds like a good idea for the summer time and as you get closer to the wedding date too. I'm sure you'll be really busy around that time and the shorter workouts will be perfect.

Tami, welcome back! So glad you had a much needed great time in L.A.!
    I can't deal with bugs. If I can step on the bug I'm Ok but something crawling on the ceiling or flying freak me out. I had no idea that spiders can jump but I just read that some of them do which is consistent with what DH told me the spider did!

Laurel, was your workout horrible because you don't have all your equipment yet or because you still don't feel like your normal self?
    Wow Laurel, at least your husband won't have a long commute to work. Everything is so far away! Did you go to Santa Claus' House yet? I was just looking at some pictures of North Pole, Alaska. Do you have good supermarkets?
    I would love to see a moose but definitely from a distance! I would have to drive a tank there for sure! LOL
    How exciting to be able to see your husband with longer hair!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, and this morning I had such a sinus headache from our weather, that I chose to sleep a little later. I think that was a wise decision. DD cut my hair a lot shorter this time, since we are heading into the summer season. It really grew fast this last time. It is super cute, and probably the shortest that I have had it in a very long time.

Tami, I'm so glad that you had a chance to just relax, you are right, it was probably what you needed. Of course everything can't be perfect when you get back, that is what those DH's are for. Brian gets home from Vegas today, so I'm back to the snoring person next to me. ;) We will see how things go with eating now that DH is back, and I will be trying to think of some interesting things to cook. All the while he was gone I ate the same thing. I'm one of those people that doesn't need a lot of variety in there food.

Laurel, Nice that you where able to get in a workout, but I can understand why you would want to be in your own space. I'm sure there are other workouts that you would love to be doing, and are not able to because of limited space and equipment. Hopefully I will be able to resist the temptations that DH likes to have around. I think I have mentioned that he loves cheese, and of course I really enjoy it also. Rocket has been deprived of his cheese portion all week, so I'm sure that DH will be bugged all night tonight. :D Most of the ex military people here at work keep their haircuts. They have grown facial hair though. ;) That is crazy about the moose, I can't even imagine how that incident would have been like. They are such large animals.

Thelma, Dang on the workload. At this point I'm sure that your retirement is looking better and better all the time. ;) It is very interesting how important your back is, they where talking about that very thing on the radio yesterday. The radio host was saying how many host have back issues, and it probably is from sitting for so long in a certain position. I just found if very interesting, and happy that a lot of instructors are incorporating more of the superman type moves along with abs. I would love to visit Santa's house, so may have to visit the North Pole at some point. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Golf lesson last night, which was pretty good. We learned to hit with our driver, which was my first time and I did pretty good. I was happy with that. LOL This a.m. was ICE Metabolic Total Body and tonight I am going to try that “Strong” class at the gym I normally go to. The one that someone told me to try when I had tried that other one a few weeks ago Then I can decide which Thursday evening will be better. So we will see.

Laurel: I bet you are beyond anxious to get into your house. I forgot to ask if you have been inside it and seen it or only pics? When do you move in? Thank you for the kind words and message. Definitely anxious to get back in it with the workouts, you are amazing to continue on and persevering no matter what! Always love that about you. I have thought about what I am going to do as well, since the last couple of weeks have been a little “off” to say the least. I may just continue with this rotation format until I decide on something else that grabs me and makes me want to commit. Offers such variety! Did you order the new Barre workouts from Cathe? I have been on the fence about it and might wait for reviews. By the way ….. Happy Belated Anniversary!!!

Thelma: You are having a rough week forsure! I am so sorry about the nauseous feeling. Hopefully that subsided. Good that you finished your one painful task, but sorry to hear there are two others right behind it.

Laurie: Congrats on your 1 LB down! Always nice to see the scale move. I am scared to get on the scale after my trip and no workouts hardly. YIKES. But I may do that to gauge where I am at or wait until next week when I am completely back on track with several workouts behind me. Hopefully that sinus headache has gone away completely for you. Probably good you got the extra zzzz’s. I am having my hair done on Saturday a.m. Looking forward to it. Good luck with the snoring partner returning. LOL I know how that goes, although when he wears his CPAP machine it is just the quietness of that.

Hi Becky :smile:

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Was catching up and got caught off-guard by Thelma asking why my workout yesterday was horrible. Then I looked at my post! :o I really don't like auto-correct. I meant to type it was short......not horrible! Oh well. Today's workout wasn't horrible either. :) Today I did LIHI Legs and RWH Low Impact HiiT Two for a good combo.

Thelma, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Given all the stress you are under at work, I am sure a day off was exactly what your body probably needed. Yes, we went to the Santa house many times last time we were here with visitors. North Pole is a strange town with the Christmas theme running throughout. We were signing over the water into our name last week, and the town hall is fully decorated with Christmas trees and such. In their photos for the town leaders, the first one on the wall is Santa. Would be fun if the town hadn't been the home of oil refineries for years making it anything but quaint. Instead....it is just weird. Anyhow, we have two military commissaries, two Safeways, a Fred Meyers, and what I have become convinced is the largest Walmart in the world here, so plenty of groceries. I was teasing DH that I would be walking laps around the Walmart this winter because it is bigger than an indoor track! They expanded since the last time we were here, and definitely didn't skimp on space.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the sinus headache. Seems to be that time of year. Bet you enjoy the short hair as the temperatures get warmer. I am in the process of trying to get length back in my hair so I have some ear and neck coverage before winter!

Tami, yay for the golf lesson! The driver is a tough club, but probably my favorite club to hit. Great workout. Have loved that one during this transition period. We saw the inside of the house last week. I think our furniture will fit in it nicely. But it shows some serious wear and tear from being a rental. That will take some getting used to again after having my brand new home in Florida. But the neighborhood is nice, and it sits on almost half an acre, so we have been contemplating a big garden this summer......something we have never been able to do. The one thing about 24 hours of daylight in summer here is things grow very big very fast....as long as you can keep them away from wild critters. But I would love to try canning some fresh tomatoes and such for next winter! But we have to get into the house first I suppose.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! no workout for me tonight again. Didn't get home till almost 8Pm and was brain dead. The stress is killing me and it will not end for at least a year. It's only going to increase starting in June. Thank God the nausea went away. I was getting concerned because just two days ago I was going down the stairs at work and heard a woman behind me crying. I asked her if she was OK and she said she'd gotten very nauseous all of a sudden and had vomited and was going home. YIKES!

Laurie, sorry your sinuses are acting up again. I'm glad you've found yourself such a wonderful hair stylist! :)
    I'm like you in the food variety department. I can eat the same all week.
    Retirement can't come soon enough for me Laurie. I feel that I need to finish the project I'm working on. Phase I will be done hopefully in a year but I think it's more 1 1/2 years. Maybe then my stress will be less and I can stick around a little longer.
    The back is really important and now I feel that I need to do it more than twice a week.
    I think we should all plan a reunion at the North Pole but when it's warm out!

Tami, great workouts and very happy for you're doing so good with your golf lessons!
    My life is going to get more stressful in June when I finally will have a team working with me. I've been a team of 1 and all of a sudden I will have 6 people asking a million questions and is my job to keep them busy and train them. Then after that I will have the people in India join. At least two people there. So I will probably need to have daily conference calls with them at the crack of dawn. I can't even sugar coat this my life will essentially suck.

Your husband has a CPAP machine and he doesn't use it all the time and tortures you with his snoring. You're a better wife than I am. I would make him use that thing every night! LOL

Laurel, I HATE autocorrect too. I'm glad your workout wasn't horrible! LOL Nice workout today!
    My body needed a day off for sure and I was looking forward to the BB Build Back/Biceps workout tonight but it wasn't meant to be. Wow I didn't realize they had the Christmas theme all year round there! Nice place for those people who never remove their Xmas decorations! LOL
    I'm glad you have good places for food there! That is not about idea on the laps inside the store!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout after work, got home late and DH was home. ;) He was telling me all about all the money he spent for work, and all the different restaurants he went to. He usually likes to go to at least one restaurant that has a famous chef. He went to Guy Fieri's, and got a very unhealty burger. :p He usually eats fairly well, except for that once. He said that we where going to go to Gordon Ramsey's the next time I'm out there with him. I'm all for that one. ;) This morning I did GHUTV Coming Down the Ladder, this is the second time I have done the workout, and I really love this one.

Laurel, Nice that you golf lesson was a good one. Love the workout, and I hope that the Strong class was good also. It will be nice for you to have other options when you have time restraints. I would probably wait a week before I stepped on the scale. :D Now that we have the really cool weather again, my headache went away. I usually get them when a major storm front comes through. And of course the weather went from 70 deg to 40's, in just a matter of minutes. I suppose my sinuses are great at predicting the weather change. :D I couldn't believe it, but I think that I slept better last night with DH in bed than on the previous nights without him. ;)

Laurel, Thank you for the clarification of you workout! I was wondering why it was horrible. ;) Great job on the workouts, looks like you are feeling a little better if you are stringing two in a row. ;) I really enjoy the shorter hair this morning when I was blowing it dry. It sure was quick, and I came to work with a little bit of messy hair. I guess this style has forced me to try other styles with my hair. ;) How nice that you will be able to have a garden. I remember seeing pics of veggies grown in Alaska, and my Mom wanted the huge head of cabbage that the person showed for making her sauerkraut. :D Just thinking about your tomatoes and the salsa that you could make. My mouth is watering.

Thelma, So sorry to hear that you didn't workout, and that you had to stay so late at work. Can understand why you said that you where brain dead. That is really late to get home. Hopefully you will be able to get in something this weekend. Yep I really love my hair stylist, and she knows that I'm okay with her experimenting on my hair. I know that she won't let me walk out the door with a bad head of hair. I hope that your year of stress goes quickly, and then afterward it slows down for you. Now that would be fun for a reunion trip.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was for fun......Rock m' Sock m' Knockout. I love that one!

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear about the stress. And knowing things aren't going to be better for awhile makes it all the worse. I think I have mentioned before that I can handle a fair amount of stress and pressure as long as I have a finish line.....and an out if needed. Sounds like you are feeling pretty boxed in right now. You have my full sympathies. I am glad, though, you aren't feeling as sick as you were. Hopefully that was temporary.

Laurie, sounds like your DH had a good time. I think trying Gordon Ramsey's restaurant would be fun! Hope you get a chance to do that. Glad you like the short hair. Will your youngest be doing your and your oldest daughter's hair for the wedding? Bet that will be fun for her if she is. That's funny about the cabbage! I made the mistake first time we were here of planting some petunias is a planter.....and within two weeks, they had filled the planter and were drooping all down the sides and such! I have never seen a plant grow like that! It was like something out of a Scy Fy movie! Fingers crossed I can get veggies to grow like that! :p

Tami and Becky, hope you are well.

It may be later next week before I am back again with the move-in and all coming up on Monday/Tuesday. Wish me luck for what will be the most brutally physical week of this process....unpacking!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I am feeling the DOM’s today forsure! In my legs mostly, but feeling it! The class was really good. She does a method similar to the Slow & Heavy like Cathe, but then adds a “15-15-15” of fast paced squats, push-ups and sit ups; then we move onto a different body part and again 15-15-15. It was heavy squats at different rep patterns, lunges, shoulders, tri’s/bi’s, chest and back. So every body part is worked and at the end she lets you know you did 150 or something crazy squats, push-ups and sit-ups due to the 15-15-15 between each body part. She did a great job. I will definitely go back and now have a Thursday class to attend! WooHoo. This a.m. I did S&S Ramped Up Upper Body and tonight I will go to Spinning. Hoping to get those stiff legs moving.

Laurel: I wondered about the “horrible” workout as well ….. LOL glad you let us know it was an auto correct typo. Glad to hear today’s was not horrible either! Great job. Yes, the driver feels so light and long. I did surprisingly well with it and I am sure all of it will come in time if I practice once my lessons are over. I’m happy to hear the neighborhood you are moving into is nice; that is so important. A big yard for a garden will be amazing too ~ YAY.

Thelma: OMG! Sounds like a very long day at work as well as a long week. I’m glad that nausea passed as well after your encounter with the sick lady. Poor thing. YIKES!! Another year. I guess the best thing you can do is day-by-day, hour-by-hour and just break it down simply as to not completely go bonkers. I know you will do it and get through, you’re amazing! You have a wonderful supportive hubby and your workouts! This too shall pass. Glad you will have a team with you starting in June.

Laurie: Sounds like your DH wanted to chat and had a good trip. That’s great. Speaking of famous chef’s…. when I was in LA we went to my nephew’s school fundraiser which a lot of Hollywood people’s children attend. Well Wolfgang Puck did the entire catering and was at a table next to me. He was sitting with the Mayor of L.A. The STRONG class was excellent as I mentioned above. Now I have another option if I need one and/or can trade out Insanity-RUNNING night for this too. Since it will be getting nice soon. This instructor is one I have had only as a sub in Spinning and really liked her. I guess the format is similar each week but she changes up some things as well as to not keep it boring. Glad to hear that. Glad to hear you slept better, even with or without snoring going on!

Have a great weekend ladies ~ I hope to get in good workouts forsure. Dinner with our Mexico Trip friends tomorrow night and I am working on Sunday.
    Tami