Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in KCM Raw Lower Body & Kettlebells, it was a good way to compliment that leg workout. This morning was BB Bulk Shoulders, and I hope to get in something after work. I really want to do a Tae Bo workout, so that just might be in the cards. I feel those workouts in my abs, and you all know how I'm willing to avoid an ab workout if I can incorporate it into a cardio one. :D

Laurel, Glad that you got in such great workouts, and of course a combo that will cheer you up with the snow that you got. I feel for you having to deal with that and the cold, I'm not ready for it at all. Totally agree with you on doing the yoga separate from doing it as an add on. I think it will be a benefit overall. I know when I was doing them everyday, my upper body was so much stronger too.

Tami, Awesome job on your workouts! Putting that extra pressure on yourself will really stress you out, and I'm glad to hear that you had your last day of going between jobs. Congrats on your new purchase. From what she posted on fb, they look like they will be tough also. She has her son, and niece in the workouts also. They where both in her Athletic Conditioning workouts. She is still saying around Christmas, but I think they will be earlier for shipment.

Thelma, Congrats on getting in a workout even though you had to shorten it because of time constraints. Just getting in something is so good. Hopefully KCM can find another option for doing her live workouts that won't be to expensive. I really would love to subscribe to that, because I really do enjoy her RAW workouts that she does have on youtube. I have to remember those workouts from body boxing also, they probably work those abs just like Tae Bo.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,875 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Bulk Shoulders, which felt good today. For cardio, I took it down a notch and did Low Max. This has never been my favorite workout because I find the boredom factor pretty high, but it went well today. I was surprised my legs handled it as well as they did since they are feeling yesterday's workout......and Low Max does not take it easy on the lower body. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow. :p

Tami, great workouts! I love that you are incorporating Hammer workouts in this rotation. I really want to revisit the entire H&C series at some time. Glad things are going to start calming down at work. I have no doubt you took good care of your co-workers position while she was gone. Yes, I got my snow boots just in time! We got more snow last night, so.....

Thelma, great workout for being so late at night! You got through about 3/4 more of that workout than I would have at that time! I am sorry to hear you are still feeling discomfort in your knee, though. Hopefully some time and stretching will take care of the problem. Like you and Tami, I have been doing a different warm-up for these Bulk workouts......usually something random from Cathe Live that I play on my iPad so I don't have to mess with DVDs. Anymore, I find it helpful to my entire body to do lower body exercises including sets of squats and lunges (no weights) before even upper body workouts. My back likes it and I feel more stable with the heavy weights. It is funny you mentioned Cize because I have toyed with doing that before Yoga! Just a little something to get the body warmed up that doesn't add impact or resistance. Maybe as we get deeper into winter I will do that because I should have the time.....and Shaun T. does make me smile. :) Thank you for the abs recommendation. I will definitely look at those. Sounds like something I would definitely enjoy.

Laurie, another great workout. Hey, any reason to do a kickboxing workout while avoiding a standard core workout is a good reason! So I hope you get that Tae Bo in tonight. Seriously.....lately I have really had to talk myself out of doing Kickboxing every day. B) Kickboxing and metabolic workouts are the only cardio that sounds good.....one because it is fun, the other because it is shorter length!! I finally put my 'fat' picture of me from last time we lived in Alaska in my workout room a couple of weeks ago to remind myself to push myself a little bit more than that!! So far....it is working.......so far. :#

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ As planned I did BULK Legs + 100 Hip Thrust(s) for an added bonus! This a.m. was BULK Shoulders and heading to Spinning after work. DH will be getting home this Sunday so next week will be my back to the gym schedule; I do really enjoy being able to get in a “missed” workout at home. But that’s ok, the “gang” will be glad I am back, they told me at Spinning it is not the same without me at Bootcamp and Insanity. Awwwww. Luckily Katy has known why I have been missing her class on those evenings. She told me Bernie is more important to go home to and take care of. Very sweet. :smile:

Thelma: Way to drag yourself to the basement for your workout! I would not have been able to do that and then sleep and still get up early. Glad your knee is doing better. Yes, those BULK warm-ups I forgot were so minimal so I started on day 1 doing something that Cathe has vs. that. Feels a lot better and ready to go, especially lifting heavy weights. Thanks for the kudos on my “fill in” at work, I am glad it is over too. Again, it is truly self induced but also a very particular department since it is handling people’s money and payments. Sorry to be an enabler on the workouts …. LOL I understand the temptation and knowing KCM, they will be good.

Laurie: Excellent work on the workouts! Sounds like last night’s workout was a great follow-up from the am. Tae Bo would be a great one for tonight as well after Shoulders this a.m. I realize as I am doing that to myself (putting undeserved pressure on myself) but I really just want to succeed of course; probably still a little PTS from my last place of work. LOL I will look forward to those workouts arriving! No doubt it will be a similar time frame to the new Cathe workouts.

Laurel: Way to go on the combo today! Low Max . . . . is that the one from her Low Impact Series that I refuse to do because of the choreography? LOL Or is this one of her older ones. Dang on more snow. I know you were probably ready for it but not mentally ready. We are having very windy/rainy weather this week and snow is falling in the mtns as it rains down here. DH will be getting home just in time. I am glad I have had a little break from mowing the lawn with all this rain however. LOL I do really enjoy the H&C workouts so it is nice to pick some to throw in there as we go.

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ until tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,623 Member
    Hi Ladies, I got home late from work again tonight. I did Bulk Shoulders I didn’t have time for anything else I finished at 9:30! I’m exhausted and supper stressed. I didn’t have time to eat lunch and had a yogurt in the fridge and grabbed it before a meeting. At 3:30 I finally got back to my desk just to find a brownie a friend had left for me. That was lunch! I had to take some time to unwind when I got home before my workout. All I wanted to do was get in bed and curl up into a ball. My knee is almost back to normal!
    Laurie, awesome job with those workouts! I did feel better after my workout tonight. Keep us posted on KCM please!
    Laurel, another winning workout combo! Massaging and stretching my legs seriously helped with my knee. I’m glad you’re also doing a real warmup before BB! I also feel you need to do some lite cardio before yoga. I would be too stiff for yoga if I didn’t warm up before yoga. I’m sure you’ll figure out fun rotations!
    Tami, awesome workouts! Awwww! So sweet of your gym pals missing you! I’m sure you’re excited about your DH’s return home. Cathe has really good warmups. Keep doing them. I may order the dvd’s this weekend! I hear you about putting unnecessary stress on yourself. I do the same thing.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I did get in that Tae Bo workout after work, it was a newer one This is Tae Bo. It was great! This morning my butt has some DOMS! Really do love that. :D Feeling it in my abs and shoulders too, so overall awesome. This morning was BB Bulk Arms. Really tempted by the Tae Bo again tonight, but may opt for one of the basic workouts since those are only 30 min.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I agree with you on Low Max, I tend to do one of the premixes on that one just because it seems to take forever. It is a great one for the lower body too, I do hope that you will be walking straight this morning. I had a little problem this morning, but walking around helped a lot. :D I think that we are on the same kick with workouts. Those are the two types of workouts that are appealing to me right now also. I'm tending to go with low impact, but tough workouts, so those usually fit the bill as far as intensity. I love that you put up that picture, I think that you will do way better this time since you have all of us supporting your efforts. ;)

Tami, Nice workouts! I love that Katy understands about Bernie needing someone there, and of course you will be back at boot camp shortly. Billy really likes to work those shoulders, and at one point I had to bring my arms down when he was on his shoulder work. I don't know what I would have done if I used weighted gloves for that move. I'm sure that your past experience really does have a lot to do with the pressure that you put on yourself. That isn't something that you want to have to go through again. I think I have mentioned in the past that Cathy and Kelly use the same Director for their workouts. So they usually film around the same time frame.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you where so busy yesterday, that you had so little to eat. Fantastic job getting in your workout though. Glad to hear the knee keeps improving. I will inform you of any further updates that Kelly gives.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Bulk Arms, and my arms are still quivering. Love that! For cardio (and core), I did Cross Fire Extreme premix, which felt so good today.

Tami, wow to those 100 reps after Bulk Legs!! Great stuff! Low Max is Cathe's older one from the Hardcore series. The choreography is basic which, unfortunately, is one of the reasons I think it seems to take three days to do the workout. ;) But I am trying to add more lower impact workouts to my rotation, and since I use mostly Cathe workouts, my options are limited. So Low Max finds a way into my DVD player every now and again. :) Can't believe fishing season is almost over already! But with rain and mountain snow......I guess it is time.

Thelma, wow for a late workout! Again, kudos for doing it that late at night. No question I would have chosen bed over the workout room. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. I hope the stress you are feeling eases up sometime soon.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds tough. Yep, definitely sounds like we are on the same wavelength with workouts. So you will know if I have weeks where I do three kickboxing workouts and three metabolic workouts where I am mentally! :o You could not possibly be more right in saying that you all are saving me from myself right now!! Sharing this rotation and having some accountability is, without question, keeping me from giving in to the 'chocolate and wine demons'. :p I have a weird reaction to the photo to be honest. I can't believe I was ever quite that big. And at the time it was taken 10 years ago, I wasn't lifting any weights at all because of my left arm. So.....I really have come a long way in landing right back here again.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    HI Ladies ~ Great Spin class again last night. I think due to the full classes it makes for higher energy in there and just a little more fun. Katy always delivers a good workout, just good when you have more peeps for the energy of it all! This a.m. was BULK Arms and I may get in something after work too.

Thelma: I am so sorry to hear about your long days and STRESS level. I truly hope today was better for you. Yay on the knee doing better and amazing job pushing through the workout again, despite the tireds and wanting to just go to bed. I am excited for DH to return home forsure and he couldn’t be more excited. It has been a really long season that he was dragging his feet going into (which has made it even longer), but he has made it and almost done. He’s had a couple of really good fishing days these last 2 so that has to feel good.

Laurie: Sounds like you really enjoyed your Tae Bo workout, that’s awesome. Excellent work on the BULK Arms as well. I loved it too that Katy came up to me and asked one night about why I have been gone and then when I told her she was so sweet about it. Surprised me but loved that she supported me and knew I would be back …. That’s her bottom line. She likes having good attendance in her classes forsure. I think you did mention that about Cathe and Kelly but I forgot; makes sense on why they come out at the same time + same types of music sometimes too.

Laurel: What a great combo today! Love that added on intense cardio. Yowsa. I know, what was I thinking on the 100 rep hip thrusts. Burned forsure but all good! I can picture which workout that one is then on the Low Max. I don’t think I have that one. I can’t believe how fast the season went this year either …. Not that he feels that way, but yes almost done. Yay.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT B&T w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Walking on treadmill. I started late and finished @9:30. At least today I didn’t feel as tired as I was yesterday. My knee continues to feel better but my quads were feeling stiff so I massaged a lot. I have to keep this short as I can’t stay awake anymore.
    Ladies, great job with your workouts! I was able to lift a little heavier in a couple of bicep exercises and that felt good.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work, was running around the house looking for a password for a web page. It was found, and I was able to transfer funds into a different investment in my 401K. Sometimes I get these ideas in my head, and I have to do it or I will forget. The other factor is I don't like losing $$ when I don't have to. This morning was KCM's Split Sessions Lower Body. I enjoyed that one last week, so did it again.

Laurel, Great combo of workouts, and you have got to love those quivering arms! Quivering always reminds me of the movie Cold Comfort Farms (if you have never seen that movie, I highly recommend it), there is a sermon and everyone is quivering. :D Yes you have come a long way. I don't have that picture taped up, but I really should go find the picture when I was at my heaviest. In fact there is a picture that I have here at work that was taken when I first started here, and I can see the role under my chin. :o That was 16 years ago.

Tami, Glad to hear that you had a high energy spin class, and got your arm workout in this morning. I'm sure that if Katy has full classes, like your spin, it probably makes for a better class overall. I love Tae Bo, and wonder why I don't insert it more often. Must be the amount of DVD's I have, and get distracted by other options. :D

Thelma, Dang on getting home so late, but I'm glad to hear that you had the energy to do your workout. Nice that you got to increase the weight on a couple of the bicep exercises. Hope that you had a great night of sleep also.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Was kind of dragging all morning after waking up with a headache. This will be a norm for me this winter, unfortunately, because both snow and dry air cause me headaches......and we have both in abundance up here. It was only 4 degrees outside when I got up this morning. :o I surprised myself by not crawling back into bed when I saw that. :p But despite it all, I got in a good workout. I started with STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs. Since I wasn't as sore after Bulk Legs this week, I decided to stay heavy for my second leg workout again, and it felt great. For cardio, I did a Cathe Live combo of two workouts, both from 2015 but new to me. The first was Cardio Circuit Challenge Express, which was a 40 minute workout alternating cardio and weights, then went into For The Love of Cardio, which was 30 minutes (I skipped the warm-up) of really fun cardio hitting on all styles (Kickboxing, 80s style hi/lo, HiiT, etc). Good stuff!

Tami, sounds like a good class again. Glad to hear your DH has had some good fishing days since the season started off not-so-great. Bet you both are ready to get to some form of normal routine, though.

Thelma, sorry to hear about another long day. I truly don't know how you do it working out that late. Great job. Glad to hear your knee is improving.

Laurie, completely understand the 'I need to do this now' thing. Anymore, if I don't do something when I am thinking about it, chances are it won't get done. Seriously sad! I have never seen that movie. I will definitely look it up! I do love being in better shape now than I was in my 30s and 40s (and probably 20s too!). I like to think in many ways I am younger now that I am older. Too bad my knees, back, hips.......don't always quite agree. B)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. I didn't workout on Friday. I was just too tired. On Saturday I went for Fit Tower Legs & Core, Treadmill, Stretching and today I did Fit Tower Legs & Core, Treadmill, Stretching. I went heavier on a few of the exercises and that felt great.

Laurie, great job with the KCM workout. You're brave about your 401K! Good for you!
    I'm excited that I've been able to increase my weights on both arms and chest workouts. Sorry about the headache. I hope you're feeling better now.

Last week was hard workout wise. I hope this week is better for me at work.

Hi Tami!
    Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a nice weekend. We were cold here (it got down to zero this morning), but it was a nice weekend of errands, chili, football, Christmas projects......whatever we felt like, to be honest.

Saturday I did Versatile Warrior from the Yoga Warrior 365 series. Loved it! Thank you, Laurie and Thelma, for the recommendation. As we get deeper into this rotation and I hopefully become increasingly aware of the benefits of Saturday Yoga, I may look into the entire series. I have really enjoyed the two workouts I have done so far. Yesterday's workout was Bulk Chest, and I was able to increase the weight this week. For cardio, I started with X10 Step then went right into Cathe Live Step Express with Blasts, which was a good combo of IMAX and Athletic Step. Today was Bulk Back followed by 10 Minute Abs Chisel, which I love. For cardio, it was X10 Fat Burning into Cathe Live Cardio Circuit Mash-up. This latter workout is formatted just like the X10 Fat Burning workout (one cardio, one strength repeated), but was 40 minutes long (without the warm-up). So this made for a great 60 minute workout. Will definitely repeat this combo during Circuit month!

Thelma, sorry to hear Friday was another bad day. But great job getting your workouts in this weekend. Yay for being able to increase your weights! That is such a good feeling.

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2017
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all on Friday. So I didn’t get in my a.m. workout Friday “BULK Legs” but I did go to Spinning after work. Saturday a.m. however I did get that in (didn’t want to miss it) and followed it up with our YOGA Saturday. It was a Total Body Yoga w/ Jessica Smith that I have. Yesterday was BULK Chest + Abs and then off to Volleyball. We won all 6 again which was great because our first 3 games was against a good team (one of the girls used to play for Notre Dame & played in Europe semi-pro or something crazy until she had a shoulder injury. She is AMAZING, so we hit it where she wasn't in order to win. LOL So that felt good and like always, it is fun to win.

This a.m. was BULK Back and tonight I will be able to go to BootCamp before heading home. DH made it back safe & sound so he is home earlier than me to be with sweet Bernie. Good to have him back, however not a good night sleep with him being back in the bed …. Sad but true. He slept terrible and has for like a month I guess and tossed & turned, poor guy. He had fallen asleep on the couch early, may have had something to do with it…. Hopefully tonight is better.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts! I am happy your knee continues to do better and better. Hoping your week is better for you as well. Not all those crazy long days, makes a person tired forsure.

Laurie: Excellent workout with your Friday KCM Split Lower Body; that is a good one from what I remember. I understand when you ask yourself “why don’t I do those more often?” with certain workouts; oh because there are so many to choose from it gets lost in the shuffle. Hope your weekend was a good one.

Laurel: Oh my goodness on the FREEZING Alaska weather. Sorry to hear that combo gives you headaches. Have you tried a humidifier in your bedroom/house? Does that help? Despite it all you of course pushed through to an amazing combo on Friday. Good on you. Yes, definitely good to have DH back and get back into our normal routines. He is exhausted so it takes a little bit to get back to “base” but he will get there. Poor guy. He had a great week of fishing and seemed happy about his season so that was good. Your weekend sounds like it was perfect for those temps. Another amazing combo of workouts you did over the weekend too. That Yoga Warrior 365 Series sounds really good. …… I hope to continue my increasing enjoyment of Yoga, happy that I have not missed one yet. LOL – I know it’s only been 2 Saturday’s, but still. I may need to check that one out. I remember them both saying that was good. Did you get it on Amazon?

Have a great rest of your day/evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, another late night workout but I really enjoyed this combo: XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Back, ICE Boot Camp Circuit Blizzard Blast. I was able to go 2 set which is good because I'm already using heavy enough weights for my strength. I can't believe we are on week 3 of this rotation. I am really enjoying the Bulk workouts. I'm starting to get concerned about the second month and the long P90 workouts given these crazy work hours of mine. I may have to follow Laurel's suggestions to use the XT workouts for this part of the rotation given they are shorter workouts. Originally I was planning on doing P90 for the first two weeks but I may not be able to do them. I'll have to play them by ear. I'll modify my rotation to have both P90 and XT workouts so I can select either depending on my time.

Laurel, wow I can't believe how cold it got so fast! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Chili sounds wonderful. We haven't started our Fall soups yet as it hasn't been cold. Wonderful workouts! I am so glad you're enjoying the Yoga Warrior workouts! If you decide to get the set check eBay. I got the set for $50 including S&H. At the time that was the cheapest price I could find and it was a brand new set. I do want to try his workouts cause he is really good about guiding you and at least the ones I've tried he doesn't go too fast.

Tami, great workouts! Wow awesome job winning all 6 VB games! Great strategy! You might want to try the Yoga Warrior yoga workouts available in youtube too Tami. My knee was acting up yesterday so I massaged and it felt better today. Thanks for asking!

Hi Laurie!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well I am sick again, so no workouts for me. :'( I will start again when I can actually breath. Spent the whole day yesterday sleeping.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts, and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed yoga with Rudy. ;) Hopefully adding in the yoga will help with those getting older things that are happening to our bodies. One of the things that Chris Freytag always mentions is the fact that she has to make sure that she doesn't do to many high impact days in a row now that she is in her 50's. I have to remind myself of that all the time to avoid those aches and pains from that. I'm glad that more instructors are offering lower impact options. We are suppose to get some snowflakes today, but nothing is going to stick. It is raining right now.

Tami, Congrats on the 6 wins, just keeping the ball away from that lady had to be difficult. ;) Great job on your workouts too. Sorry to hear the DH was having trouble sleeping. Probably falling asleep before hand didn't help.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Go with the shorter workouts, it sounds like you will be busy for a while. This way you are able to get in your workouts. I take some good advice from others in our office, they have never given me bad advice on the 401k investments.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I have felt surprisingly strong and energetic this week. I say 'surprising' because of the gloomy weather and the creeping darkness, but this week I seem to be a little 'whatever' about that, :) So I started with Bulk Legs and took the weight up a bit. It felt good. For cardio, I started with X10 Hi/Lo, then did another Cathe Live I hadn't done before. This was Hi/Lo cardio and core. The cardio (about 35 minutes) was half 90s style high impact and half HiiT....and it was tough and fun! I thought about skipping the core since I worked core yesterday, but I wasn't ready to be done yet when the cardio ended so I did them. Tough! I will definitely be giving my core a break tomorrow. :o

Tami, great workouts and congratulations on the volleyball! So great that your team didn't let the fact you were playing against a semi-pro get to you. You adjusted strategy.....and won! Good stuff. I haven't put a humidifier in the room yet, but will this winter. These cold temps just completely snuck up on us! But we are back in the 30s this week. Honestly, I would prefer it stay in the teens and 20s right now because warmer temps just means more ice. And snow. :o As Thelma mentioned, I did Veratile Warrior off of YouTube. If you search for Versatile Warrior and Rudy Mettea, you should find it.

Thelma, great workout! Sounds like your knee is doing better, which is fantastic. And yay for the improved strength! I am feeling that too. Like you, I am amazed how quickly these weeks are moving and have really enjoyed doing the Bulk workouts again. Take Laurie's advice and go with the shorter workouts next month. I admit that I am second guessing P90X right now as well, especially since I love these shorter Bulk workouts. Sheer stubbornness (or stupidity) may get me to end up doing P90X, but I can't say I am looking forward to it at the moment. So if you have an option that sounds better for you......go for it. I would hate to think you followed what could be my ill-adviced suggestion and started dreading your workouts. I was just looking for a non-Cathe option after doing STS......and one of my only non-Cathe strength option that even remotely fits is P90X. So...... :| .

Laurie, I am SO sorry to hear you are sick again! I hope you take it easy for as long as you need to get better. You have got to be so frustrated. I am definitely trying to find things to ease the aging process right now. Longer warm-ups and more stretching are now part of my daily routine. And, as you mentioned, finding good low impact options is on my list. I am really trying to vary to types of workouts and the intensities. But balancing what my body needs against what my mind wants is a daily challenge. :# But I am working on it!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean

Hi Ladies ~ Good BootCamp class last night, it was fun to be back. Did Heavy Strength – 4 rounds at 1 minute each followed by 4 rounds of Tabata Drills. Then 4 rounds of a different body group, 4 rounds of Tabata’s. So went by really fast and a good workout. This a.m. was BULK Legs and tonight I am not going to Insanity, DH and I are going to watch the first game of the World Series. I didn’t want to feel rushed so we will have dinner and enjoy the game. Eventhough the Yankees didn’t make it. HE is of course cheering on the Dodgers now. LOL

Thelma: Darn it on the late night workout again …. But excellent workout getting it in! I am also really enjoying the BULK workouts, I think more than the first time I did them, not sure why but I am super motivated to get out of bed each a.m. and get it done. I am not going to be doing the P90X workouts for the next round, so I will be with you on XT if that’s what you decide. Thank you for the tip on the Yoga Warrior on YouTube. Maybe I will check that out first.

Laurie: So sorry to hear you are sick again. That is NEVER fun and I am sure if you spent the whole day sleeping your body was in a lot of need for that rest. I hope today starts to feel better for you. Thanks for the well wishes for DH. He slept a lot better last night. So that was great! For both of us. LOL

Laurel: Another fabulous combo today! Despite your cold temps it doesn’t seem to be affecting your workouts, that is great! Thank you for the kudos on the workouts and our volleyball wins! OK, I will search for that and see on the Yoga Warrior. Thank you.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, another late night workout. I came home feeling sorry for myself and just wanted to go to bed. I talked myself into working out and I felt better once I was done. Tonight I did X10 w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Treadmill.
    Laurie, I hope you feel better soon! I am going to have to go with the shorter workouts. How fortunate that your coworkers give you good advice on your 401K.

Laurel, what an awesome combo! Great job! You need to have a humidifier in your room now because you already have the heat going. I'm sure the weeks are flying by because we are enjoying the workouts so much. If I had time to do the P90 workouts I would.

Tami, great workouts for you too! The workouts recommended for month 2 is LIS Total Body Triset.
    Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets. Here are the different workouts in that DVD:
    The time breakdown for Total Body TriSets is as follows:
    • Lower Body Split 39 minutes (Warm Up 4:13, Lower Body 31:00, Stretch 4:05)
    • Upper Body Split 56 minutes (Warm Up 4:13, Upper Body 48:00, Stretch 4:05)
    • Chest/Shoulders/Triceps 30 minutes (Warm Up 4:13, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps 22:07, Stretch 4:05)
    • Back/Biceps/Core 30 minutes (Warm Up 4:13, Back/Biceps/Core 22:05, Stretch 4:05)

Total Body Tri-Sets Premixes are as follows:
    1. Total Body. 86:03
    2. Total Body Express. 48:54
    3. Upper Body Express. 19:09
    4. Lower Body Express. 23:36
    5.Lower body JFO. 37:50
    6. Total Body Scrambled Express. 47:45
    7. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. 30:24
    8. Back/Biceps/Core. 33:40

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Still no workout for me, but I will say that this morning is way better. Not as much brain fog as the previous days. It really is nice once you are able to breath again. :D I doubt that I will do anything when I get home from work, but might be able to do something tomorrow. I'm thinking of just picking up with the rotation on the day that you are all on. That way I won't feel like I am behind or need to catch up. It will all work out in the end anyway.

Laurel, Sounds like you had a really good workout combo. Got to love combining that cardio with core, my all time favorite option. ;) I will have to admit that it was frustrating not being able to really do anything for the last four days, but my body was not going to let me do anything exercise related. I think my DH is probably the one that is the happiest, since he doesn't have to wait on me anymore. There is only so much cooking options in his list of things. I do love grilled cheese sandwiches though. :D The listening to your body thing is sometimes hard to do.

Tami, That tabata class really does sound good. A little like the workout that Kelly has on her RAW workouts. Have to admit that I'm really not up on the world series this year, since the Cubbies are not in it this year, I'm not getting bombarded by my friends on fb about the games. :D They where so bad last year about those games. So glad to hear that you both slept a lot better. ;)

Thelma, Glad that you where able to get your workout in again. Kind of figured you would go with the shorter option, you will be able to get something in if it is shorter. I'm sure that you will be able to figure out what you need to do. I have used those premixes before, and they where a lot more fun that doing the upper body option by itself.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Bulk Shoulders, which felt good. I went up a little in weight, which was good. I am feeling yesterday's leg workout, though. But I convinced myself today's cardio was going to be easy since it was low impact. Um....that wasn't the case. :o Note to self--preview workouts first! :D I started with X10 Low Impact, and then did a Cathe Live I, obviously, had not done or looked at. It was Low Impact HiiT Circuit Live. I have done a few other Live low option workouts, and I find them pretty moderate in intensity. This one, though, for whatever reason, seemed a bit tougher. It was two HiiT moves followed by one weighted exercise, repeated for about 50 minutes. It might be because my legs and shoulders were fatigued, but I was sweating! Good stuff. And another good combo for Circuit month!

Tami, I love the sound of that workout! That is the kind of workout I am gravitating to anymore because of the variety. I am never bored with that kind of format. Hope you enjoyed the game last night. But those temperatures in L.A. :o . I had to remind myself October was probably the hottest month for us in L.A., but those temps are outrageous. Hopefully your mom and sister have AC and are staying cool.

Thelma, sounds like another long day. I am glad your workout helped you to feel better. We actually have a whole-house humidifier (built in), so we will be turning that on this winter. We just haven't yet because we are waiting for a new filter for it. So.....soon. Thankfully it isn't so dry yet that I am miserable, especially now the temps are back up into the 20s. We will know when it is dry when the house is lit by static electricity and my hair is always standing straight up. :) Oh, how I wish that was an exaggeration, but we had a trove of electronics damaged last time we were here by the static electricity. And until I learned the secret of putting hand lotion in my hair...... :# .

Laurie, glad to hear you are feeling better today. I hate that brain fog! I unpacked this house in a cold-induced brain fog, and six months later, I am still trying to figure out why I put stuff some places. It doesn't make sense! You can tell I was in the 'dishes in the closet.....okay' fog. I didn't do anything quite that bad.....but close. Love your philosophy on just picking up with the rotation and moving forward. In a six month rotation, as you say, everything works out in the end anyhow.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel