Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Bulk Shoulders, which felt good. I went up a little in weight, which was good. I am feeling yesterday's leg workout, though. But I convinced myself today's cardio was going to be easy since it was low impact. Um....that wasn't the case. :o Note to self--preview workouts first! :D I started with X10 Low Impact, and then did a Cathe Live I, obviously, had not done or looked at. It was Low Impact HiiT Circuit Live. I have done a few other Live low option workouts, and I find them pretty moderate in intensity. This one, though, for whatever reason, seemed a bit tougher. It was two HiiT moves followed by one weighted exercise, repeated for about 50 minutes. It might be because my legs and shoulders were fatigued, but I was sweating! Good stuff. And another good combo for Circuit month!

Tami, I love the sound of that workout! That is the kind of workout I am gravitating to anymore because of the variety. I am never bored with that kind of format. Hope you enjoyed the game last night. But those temperatures in L.A. :o . I had to remind myself October was probably the hottest month for us in L.A., but those temps are outrageous. Hopefully your mom and sister have AC and are staying cool.

Thelma, sounds like another long day. I am glad your workout helped you to feel better. We actually have a whole-house humidifier (built in), so we will be turning that on this winter. We just haven't yet because we are waiting for a new filter for it. So.....soon. Thankfully it isn't so dry yet that I am miserable, especially now the temps are back up into the 20s. We will know when it is dry when the house is lit by static electricity and my hair is always standing straight up. :) Oh, how I wish that was an exaggeration, but we had a trove of electronics damaged last time we were here by the static electricity. And until I learned the secret of putting hand lotion in my hair...... :# .

Laurie, glad to hear you are feeling better today. I hate that brain fog! I unpacked this house in a cold-induced brain fog, and six months later, I am still trying to figure out why I put stuff some places. It doesn't make sense! You can tell I was in the 'dishes in the closet.....okay' fog. I didn't do anything quite that bad.....but close. Love your philosophy on just picking up with the rotation and moving forward. In a six month rotation, as you say, everything works out in the end anyhow.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Nice relaxing evening with DH and some baseball watching. Not that either of us have a team we are rooting for but again, it was nice to not be in a rush putting dinner together after 7:00 and then sitting down. I did find out that Insanity was almost all RUNNING. Sooooo my instincts to not go and feel fine about it were spot on! LOL Yikes, I wonder if she has gone back to that simply because I am not there and a few others have left her class I guess. This a.m. was BULK Shoulders and tonight I will head to Spinning.

Thelma: Way to get your workout done despite feeling sorry for yourself! Some day are just like that and if you can push past it a little bit you always feel better on the other side. So kudos to you for doing so. Thank you for the breakdown of the Total Body Tri-Sets … I knew that was in the rotation and was going to be my choice, just couldn’t remember when exactly. Even when I typed “XT” yesterday I thought it felt strange. LOL I absolutely LOVE Tri-Sets, truly one of my favorite DVD’s and definitely in her LIS. So will definitely be doing that; having the breakdowns helps me plan as well so again; can decide on some “Muscle Meltdown” add-ons perhaps! Thank you so much!

Laurie: I am happy to hear you are feeling way better today. Great job listening to your body and not pushing it. That can sometimes prolong the “sickies” so good on you. I know how hard it must be but I am sure your body is thanking you. Yes, picking up where we are is a good plan. . . . whatever you decide is great but I know how you feel wanting to stay with the “group” I would be the same way.

Laurel: Those LIVE workouts sound amazing!!!! Way to go and funny how those “low impact” can sneak up on you so many times; often low impact does not mean low energy forsure. Yes, that BC class was right up my alley as well, flew by. I could not believe the 100+ degrees they had yesterday. My a.m. text to both I said to my mom that I hoped she was visiting her pool at least a little bit yesterday. Not sure if she did (probably not – she doesn’t want to leave her new little puppy alone much these days) but her condo she said stays nice and cool so that is good. Crazy weather. So you will be doing P90X in the next phase of our rotation right? Laurie too? As I told Thelma, I love the sounds of the Total Body Tri-Sets with some additional add-ons when time permits for me. Cannot believe how fast this first month is going with the BULK workouts. Loving it.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Still no working out, but I'm okay with that. I'm probably just going to pick up the rotation on Saturday or Sunday. I'm really feeling pretty good right now, I can at least smell things. ;) Got home yesterday, and I was so cold that I had to huddle under the blankets.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and the live one sounds awesome. Have to love a workout that is low impact, but gets you sweating. I have been doing some goofy things at work and at home. My DH just looks at me and laughs. :p I was laughing also.

Tami, Nice job with the workout, and I hope spinning was another good high energy one. I realize that my body just will not be happy with me if I do a workout. I probably would be coughing to much anyway. I will be using S90D workouts for the next 4 weeks. I just couldn't make myself do all those pull-ups that are in P90X. :D I know they are good for me to do, but they are a huge dread factor.

Thelma, Hope your day was good.

Cathe is done filming her workouts, so I'm sure that we will be seeing some information on them shortly.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I love the way my body is feeling this week. Wish every week was like this! :p Today I started with Bulk Arms, which is just so good. For cardio, I finished with my X10-themed week, and started with X10 Circuit Blast, then went into Cathe Love Old Fashioned Cardio and Kickboxing for a fun 60 minute (total) no-equipment cardio workout. I finished it with a core workout from another Cathe Live workout.

Tami, sounds like you chose a good class to miss. I really hope this doesn't signal a permanent return to running in that class. Hopefully, if so, she still has a substitute for it that is equally as challenging but more 'body friendly'. I think I am alone in doing P90X next month. My plan is to do the first segment of workouts for the series all month, but as Laurie points out, that's a lot of pull-ups. So if after two weeks I have had enough, I will finish the month with the second segment of workouts. I am still wanting a break from Cathe strength and am really looking for a challenge......so hopefully I stay patient with it and actually enjoy it. I get great results from P90X, so I just have to keep that in mind when I want to die (or kill Tony Horton) after that first
    Chest/Back workout. ;) But if it is anything like this month, it will just fly by.

Laurie, glad you continue to feel better and are still taking a break from the workouts. Sorry to hear it has gotten so cold there! We have warmed up into the mid-30s, which is just not good. Just means wind, freezing rain and more ice. Not good. Never imagined a year ago I would be complaining about 38 degrees being too warm! :D I saw that Cathe had finished filming. I am anxiously awaiting clips now!

Thelma, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great Spin class last night, full as ever so again … great energy. This a.m. was BULK Arms and no workout tonight.

Laurie: Again, so good you are listening to your body and not pushing it. Sounds like you are still under the weather forsure with those chills. I bet it felt nice to just cuddle up. That will be a nice plan with the S90 workouts forsure. I am not sure after thinking about it last night how I can keep doing just Tri-Sets over and over for 4 weeks so I may alternate S90 in with Tri-Sets. I will see. As fast as these first 4 weeks have gone it may just fly by and I won’t even think twice about it; especially making some add-ons when time permits will also change it up.

Laurel: What a fabulous tri-fecta of workouts you did this a.m.! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Good for you. Yes, I know how much you loved what P90X has done for you physically so I definitely don’t blame you for wanting to go that route. We will be here cheering you on! It has been so long since I did P90X that who knows, maybe I would enjoy it. I think when I didn’t enjoy P90X2 so much it kind of carried over to that as well, who knows – maybe I would like it again. Cathe’s New DVD Clips are coming soon?!?!!? YAHOO.

Hi Thelma ~ Hope your day is a good one!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow,

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I forgot to hit the post reply button last night! Another late night workout. I guess this is my new normal. I really didn't feel like working out either last night or tonight but I did it. Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms. On Wed night I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, Treadmill. I was able to go a little heavier in a couple of exercises which was great.
    I woke up with inner thigh DOMS the other day from the leg workout. I love those! Tonight after the arm workout I continued with a couple bicep and tricep exercises more.

Laurie, glad you're feeling better and good for you for listening to your body. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    For the two weeks my aunts will be here next month I will have to do short workouts next month

Laurel, more winning combo! Great job! I'm sure the cardio felt specially hard the other day because you were sore from the day before.
    I'm glad you have a whole house humidifier. I didn't realize it gets so dry up there but it makes sense.

Tami, good call on skipping the gym I'm glad you had a nice evening with your DH. Was there a modification for the non runners? I was in a much better mental place today which is great.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Really feeling much better today, so I'm going to do my yoga workout tomorrow. I think that will be a good way to get back into my workouts.

Laurel, Awesome workout combo! We are having the same temps as you are right now. Well at least the evening is in the 30's, and we get into the high 40's during the day. We went from 70 deg to the 30's overnight. :D I think that had a lot to do with me feeling so cold, the body hasn't had a chance to get used to it. Splitting those P90X workouts would be a good choice, if you are getting tired of hearing the same Tony jokes. ;) I love him, but sometimes the repetition gets to be to much. I'm not looking forward to the freezing rain and wind that will be coming at some point.

Tami, Nice that the energy was there for your spin class, I know how much you enjoy that. Good job on your arm workout also. I'm sure that you will be fine with the Tri-Sets for the 4 weeks, but you always know that you have options with other workouts. ;) I just like that they include core work right at the beginning.

Thelma, Great job on all your workouts! Sorry to hear that you are still having to deal with the not wanting to work, because of working such long hours. At least you have the weekend to decompress and enjoy!

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, I went totally off script today. I had a nice set of fun workouts planned that sounded really good to me.....and when I woke up, I came up with an entirely different plan that sounded better. And if you can believe this, that meant discarding a kickboxing workout to do an IMAX workout. :o:o Maybe I am coming down with something. ;):p Anyhow, it was a great workout today. I started with LIHI Legs, which is always good. Then, for cardio, I did IMAX Live (still a favorite from Cathe Live) into another Cathe Live, which was Cross Fire Express. This was two tough Tabatas and one HiiT segments followed by a tough 12-ish minute segment like LIHI Legs, but with more of a cardio factor. This was a tough little workout and definitely one I will revisit when I am doing some of those longer strength days later in the series. Good stuff! I think I will up for a very relaxing yoga session tomorrow though!

Tami, great workouts! Cathe is really screaming through the production of these new DVDs it seems. She posted the timeframes for one DVD earlier today on Facebook, so clips can't be far behind. Can't wait to see what she comes up with. Definitely the only reason I persist in doing P90X and X2 is because of the results, because I definitely don't enjoy them when doing them. Don't be too surprised if I don't change my mind at the last minute, because I really am second-guessing myself on next month's plans. If I don't do P90X, I will be repeating Meso 1. At the moment, I am not sure which I dread more. :#

Thelma, sounds like a long week for you. But great job with the workouts..and even adding on. :o Good stuff! Hope you are able to relax some this weekend.

Laurie, glad to hear you are feeling better. Yoga should be a nice way of easing back into your workouts. It sounds like the weather we had last week hit you. It is that sudden drop in temps that is so hard. But, oddly, we were down at those cold temps for only a few days, but now this 35-40 degrees feels so warm. DH even asked my why I didn't have the house open last night! Hopefully your temperatures rebound before you drop into winter full time. Yes, Tony's jokes make me smile....for awhile. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Hello all! I'm new to cathe workouts. I bought X-train, ice, and sts. Have any of you substituted the barbell with free weights? I haven't started yet but I'm about to.
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a nice weekend. I was a little busy but it was a good weekend. I put most of my summer clothes away and today I actually had work to do so I spent a couple of hours on that.
    Friday I was too tired to lift weights so I walked on the treadmill, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith pilates and yoga stretch workout which was good. Today I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Walking on Treadmill, Stretch. We are getting serious rain right now. It started raining Sunday morning and as the day went on it rain harder. It will continue raining tomorrow.

Laurie, I'm glad you're feeling better. I was able to get a little rest during the weekend so I feel a little recharged.

Laurel, fabulous combo on Friday! Great job! I did manage to spend some time relaxing which was good. The work that I did today should help with the work stress next week.

Hi SouthernMama welcome! Please tell us your name! I think we all may have started using free weights and eventually added barbells to our workout equipment. You got great workout programs to start with!

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    My name is Lindsay :) nice to meet you all. I bought several new programs . I may mix and match.. not sure yet. I noticed cathe seems to have been in the game for a while. She also seems to get great reviews. Can't wait to get started. Feel free to add me.
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm feeling awesome! I only have a small cough that really doesn't affect any of my workouts. Do have to have the kleenex handy though. :D Anyway on Saturday I did GHUTV Yoga Flow, that was a nice 45 min. yoga session. Sunday was BB Bulk Chest, and I had to really stay with the same weight. I don't know if I did any improvement with this session of BB with taking that week off. I won't sweat the small stuff. This morning was BB Bulk Back, and after work I'm hoping to do some Ab/Cardio workout.

I finished up the sweater for my youngest dd yesterday, so I will be giving it to her on Wednesday when I get my hair colored and cut. It really does look great, and I'm feeling accomplished with actually creating a garment for the first time. My usual projects are hats, scarfs, dishcloths etc.

Laurel, What you sub IN an Imax workout! Awesome job on your workouts, it really does sound like you are enjoying everything you have chosen with this rotation. Hope you where able to enjoy your yoga session on Saturday as much as I enjoyed mine. Cathe and Kelly must have hit the production portion of their workouts at the right time, because they are both ahead of schedule. Our temps are still in the 40's, but the sun has been out, so it makes it seem so much nicer.

Lindsay, Glad to have you with us, and you really got some great programs of Cathe's. I really love the ICE series. I know that Tami has used free weights with all her workouts. I have both a barbell and free weights, but in some cases I use my free weights instead of the barbell.

Thelma, Dang on having to put those cloths away for the season. ;) Great job on your workouts, and doing what your body needs with changing them up. Hope your week is way better than the last couple.

Thanks,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! Friday was good for my pm. workout, which was Spinning but I didn’t get up for BUILD Legs so I went ahead and did that on Saturday a.m. and followed it with Cathe’s Stretch Max (Ball & Band segments). Yesterday was BULK Chest and then straight to Volleyball. Somewhere between my leg workout and stretching I pulled my hip flexor area; kind of that whole band around my leg front and back. Kind of that “pinch” feeling, not in everything I do but sitting for a while and then moving it pinches. Amazingly I was able to get it moving enough/loose enough I survived our 6 volleyball games and it seemed fine. After a hot shower, stretching but then sitting last night watching the World Series game with DH made it tight again. It is only certain movements that cause it to pinch; as I am typing this now it feels WAAAY better than it did early this a.m. If I sit for a long time and get up it’s like my leg needs oil to get it moving again. LOL I’m encouraged that it is better than last night. But I didn’t do my BULK workout this a.m. just because I thought even lifting up my heavy weights and bending and moving might make things worse. So I will make up for that workout tomorrow and move forward. Thank goodness. We will see how I feel at 5:00 to go to BootCamp.

Also, I was looking at all my notes I have saved about this rotation and the suggestions. STS Meso #1 is actually the alternate to P90X or Tri-Sets. So now that I finally got that straight I will do STS MESO #1. Then we go into BB BUILD, right?

Thelma: Awesome workouts despite your continued long days/evenings. Happy to hear you were in a better place on Friday and hopefully that continues for this week too. It helps. Sounds like your weekend was productive. Lots of rain it sounds like. We are supposed to be getting snow in the near future. It is beautiful the last several days so enjoying it while its here. I didn’t ask about the “non-runners” for class the other night. I think she would have if she saw me standing there looking at her.

Laurie: I am so happy to hear you are feeling better Laurie. That stuck with you for several days forsure. So yahoo on being on this side of it. Nice work getting in that longer Yoga Flow and back to the BULK workouts. Congrats on the sweater. I don’t think I could ever do that. It would be a dishcloth forsure. LOL

Laurel: Fabulous workouts on Friday! I think that cold weather is just inspiring you to work even harder than you already do! Way to go. Glad you are mentioning about STS Meso #1 since I finally got on the right page by looking over my notes I have been saving for “as we go along”. So that is what I will be doing is Meso #1 starting next week. It has been a while since I did STS so I won’t have the dread factor there. LOL Still cannot believe this first month is almost done.

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Tami

• 2BLean
    Options
    My name is Lindsay :) nice to meet you all. I bought several new programs . I may mix and match.. not sure yet. I noticed cathe seems to have been in the game for a while. She also seems to get great reviews. Can't wait to get started. Feel free to add me.

Hi Lindsay :smile: Thanks for reaching out to us and happy to hear you will soon be loving your Cathe workouts (I have no doubt). We all have a special fondness for her workouts and own probably every one of them she has ever put out between Laurel, myself and the rest of the group. You're exactly right, Cathe has been at it for a long time forsure (permed hair and leg warmers days even ..... lol) and truly puts together remarkable workouts, then and now.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We check in with one another daily but feel free to check in whenever you have the time or have a question, etc.

Tami

• StiringWendel
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice, quiet weekend. We are getting a lot of freezing rain right now, so we didn't venture too far away from home.....and I am okay with that this time of the year up here. Got some great workouts in, which was nice. Saturday I woke up pretty sore from my intensity-fest workout on Friday. I really noticed how tight my legs/hips were when putting on my shoes. So I did Jessica Smith's Yoga for Back Pain that Laurie recommended a few weeks ago. What a wonderful and effective yoga workout. Definitely not intense vinyasa-type yoga, for sure. But, boy, at the end of it, I actually jumped up from the mat. I didn't feel any soreness at all.......and the soreness never returned that day or since either. So that one is definitely a keeper for those days when I have over-done things. Yesterday, I did Bulk Chest into ICE Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard Blast and Cathe Live Fitness Fusion for cardio. Today was Bulk Back followed by Double Wave HiiT Pyramid into Cathe Live Mixed Impact HiiT and Core. Good stuff.

Thelma, I saw all the rain the northeast was getting yesterday while catching up on some football. Looks positively drenching up there now! Hope it eases up soon. Good job getting your workouts in. I see you did Jessica Smith as well. I think you might like the Yoga for Back Pain workout since, like me, you can get a sore back from tight hamstrings. Really did the trick for me.

Laurie, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Thank you for pointing out that Jessica Smith workout. I am going to look into more of her yoga on YouTube. I really like how she explained each move. Some days I definitely want a more 'aggressive' yoga, but this one was perfect for Saturday. Yay for finishing the sweater! Are you going to post a picture? :) I spent a few hours crocheting yesterday and have to admit that I like getting back to crafts. Alaska has been good for me in that area! I think it is great that you retained your strength during your illness! So definitely don't sweat any of that stuff at all.

Tami, great workouts, though I am sorry to hear about your hip flexor. That can be a tough area to target effectively with stretches too. I hope you keep listening to it and take it easy until it stops pinching you. Hip flexor injuries are no joke. I won't try to scare you with my bad hip flexor injury story......but I will say that--in my usual way--I ignored an injury for months and ended up paying for it with month's of physical therapy. No fun. So, take it easy and gently stretch and all that good stuff. Regarding the rotation, the order of the months is: High Reps (next); Circuits (December); Twice a Week (January--doing Slow and Heavy and various other workouts); Supersets (February-BB Build); and Upper/Lower (March). I might be joining you on Meso 1! I was thinking about it quite a bit yesterday. I have only a few days to decide......so I better decide!!!

Lindsay, nice to meet you! You definitely picked three of my favorite Cathe series to start with. While she has been at this since the 1980's, she still finds ways to innovate and challenge. I did all of her workouts with dumbbells until about a year ago when I finally got a barbell. I found her workouts easy to modify to a dumbbell-only option. Please ask if you have any questions. As Tami pointed out, between all of us here we probably have all of Cathe's workouts so one of us should be able to help you out.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Tami, great workouts, though I am sorry to hear about your hip flexor. That can be a tough area to target effectively with stretches too. I hope you keep listening to it and take it easy until it stops pinching you. Hip flexor injuries are no joke. I won't try to scare you with my bad hip flexor injury story......but I will say that--in my usual way--I ignored an injury for months and ended up paying for it with month's of physical therapy. No fun. So, take it easy and gently stretch and all that good stuff. Regarding the rotation, the order of the months is: High Reps (next); Circuits (December); Twice a Week (January--doing Slow and Heavy and various other workouts); Supersets (February-BB Build); and Upper/Lower (March). I might be joining you on Meso 1! I was thinking about it quite a bit yesterday. I have only a few days to decide......so I better decide!!! Laurel

Thank you for the words of wisdom forsure ..... I would not want to further injure it and be down the road with that going on. Yikes! Currently it feels like it is my left but cheek that is feeling the pinch, so hopefully it just continues to work itself out naturally but it was definitely in the front last night. Right where the leg creases and hip area. So fingers crossed all is improving quickly. (Can you tell I am an impatient injury person) LOL Also, thank you for the clarification AGAIN on the rotation. I will at least have the next portion down as STS Meso #1!

Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Back, Jessica Smith Fat Burning Flat Belly Fusion Wkout for me tonight. This ab workout was a standing workout and the idea behind it was to train you to keep your abs in while exhaling as opposed to making your abs pop out which seems to what most people do. This week my chest DOMS were a lot less and tonight on the back workout I felt a lot stronger than previous weeks. I am going to miss these BB workouts! I finished my workout at 9 which is a little earlier than what I was doing last week. So far this week has started stress levels on the low side.

Does anyone have XT workout sheets? I don't have those. OMG I printed the P90X workout sheets and the chest/back workout is nothing but pushups and pull-ups! I'd forgotten all about that. P90X is not a program I love so it's been a long time since I did those workouts. I definitely won't do this chest/back workout I hope to be able to do some P90X workouts during the first two weeks of month 2.
    on
    Laurie, so glad you're feeling so much better! Great job getting those workouts in! Congrats on finishing your DD's sweater! I bet she'll love it!
    It was a sad moment on when I put my summer clothes away. It definitely is getting cold here. Thanks so much on your wishes for a better week!

Tami, sorry you hurt yourself! Great job getting workouts in and listening to your body while injured. That is a hard area the massage but if you can try massaging/kneading the area with your fingers. Hopefully you'll feel much better tomorrow.
    You just made my day with your notes on STS Meso 1 being an alternate for P90X!!! I am going to change my rotation to be STS Meso 1 and XT Total Trisets.
    Thank you also for your well wishes for a better week. I am definitely in a better place. I pray it continues like this for the rest of the week.
    Definitely listen to Laurel's advice on your injury. You may want to check youtube for some good hip flexor stretching routines.

Laurel, glad you had a good weekend. Great workouts too. Have we made a youtube workout believer out of you? I had to do a double take when I read that you'd done a Jessica Smith workout! I nearly fell off my bed! LOL.
    OMG I was going to do that back workout too. It was a toss up between this back workout and the one I did. I really like Jessica Smith. I love that a lot of her workouts are effective minus the torture or harder workouts. Even her innocent, standing ab workouts are effective. I will be doing that back workout soon! So glad you liked it!
    It was a very rainy night for sure. A lot of people lost power in Southern MA and RI. Thankfully we never lost power.

Hi Lindsay, we'll be happy to help you with any questions you may have. We post a daily update M-F (I do Sundays) to the group which I find to be very motivational and keeps me accountable. We all have a huge Cathe workout collection!
    BTW, if you may want to check out Cathe's workout rotations to help you with your workouts
    https://cathe.com/?s=rotations

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. I didn't use as heavy of weight as Cathe, because of the BB workouts. It felt good, and I loved the non-impact cardio effect. This morning I did Bulk Legs, and upped my weights on most of the exercises. Feeling the legs right now. ;)

Tami, I'm sorry to hear that your hip area is acting up. Do take care of yourself. Great job with getting through the volleyball, and doing the stretching. Hoping that you recover quickly, it's really not fun to have a body part hurting. I had that same problem with my knee, after sitting for a while, getting up and moving hurt. I like doing the short projects. I have so much scrap yarn from making those dishcloth's that I'm making a blanket out of them. This project looks like a patchwork quilt, made with cotton yarn. This is something that may take me years to finish, but it sure is fun.

Laurel, I'm so glad that you enjoyed that yoga workout. You may enjoy some of her other workouts also, she has a kickboxing workout that is 60 min. long, and it is fun. Her husband is Guillermo Gomez, who is a 4th degree black belt, and she has been in a few of his DVD's. I like working out with her, and of course it makes me laugh when her dog Peanut wanders into the room. ;) Awesome job with your workouts, I have to remember to add in those blizzard blasts. Doing that ICE workout reminded me of them, and that I have not tried on in a while. Now that my knee is better, I shouldn't have a problem with doing them. I will take a picture of her wearing it. It needs to have a body in it to make it look like something instead of a square. :D Glad to hear that you are getting back into your crafts, it will make the time fly. I like that it keeps my hands busy, so I don't munch. :D We had snowflakes yesterday, but they where mixed with rain.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! I think that I have done that workout when I first injured my knee. I will have to put that one on the schedule of to do. I like standing ab work. Glad to hear that your stress level has started out at the low level, hope it stays that way through the week. I don't have any worksheets, just what Cathe supplied in the user manual. I too hope that dd loves her sweater.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I am very happy to report I am feeling very minimal pain; wouldn't even put it in the pain column really. More like slight DOMS on one side of my cheek. I decided to not go to BootCamp last night, just in case but as I rolled into the garage and got out of my car I felt fine. Just a little twinge is all. So this a.m. I got right up and did my missed workout from yesterday with BULK Back and added on Muscle Meltdown Back; the deadlifts felt great for that pull and stretch on my hamstrings. I did do some good stretching when I was done as well.

No workout tonight, DH is fixing us dinner and we are watching the World Series Game. I think him fixing dinner was a slight "bribe" to come home earlier than after the gym. LOL

Thelma: Fabulous job with your Bulk Back workout and Standing Abs. I always enjoy the standing abs workouts. Great to hear you are feeling strong. I am with you …. Just really getting into these BB workouts, will miss them but looking forward to what is next. I’m glad I mentioned the STS too then if it helped you out. I have the Users Manual as well for XT. I am not sure if anyone online out there has made their own if you could find it that way? If not, I would be happy to copy pages and e-mail them to you as a solution as well. :smile:

Laurie: Fabulous workout last night and then this a.m. I appreciate your well wishes on the hip flexor. I really felt like it was there in the beginning because it was pinching in the front, and as I mentioned it moved throughout the day and now just feels like if you had DOMS in a certain spot instead of a pinch. So THANK GOODNESS for that short lived experience. The other day when I was doing Stretch Max with the bad and I had my leg in the air, pulled foot to the side I held it there because it felt good but I wonder if I over stretched. Not sure. At any rate, I popped right out of bed this a.m. thinking “no excuse to hit the snooze” get up and get that workout in. Very thankful. But I will pay attention because I don’t want to go back to that feeling forsure. It's so great you are enjoying making different things, such a fun and I've heard relaxing hobby. We have snow coming this weekend. Today is our last nice day for a while.

Hi Laurel – Thank you again for your well wishes and wisdom. I know you all may think I am in denial on this but I am not…. It truly feels better! LOL

Hope you all have a great afternoon/evening ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, I woke up today with a serious case of the 'whines' today. Good thing DH is gone because I was cranky. :# I think it boils down to the fact we have been covered in fog for a couple of days, and even without that, it isn't light until about 9:30am right now. So even though I am up at 5:00am, convincing myself to workout is getting harder and harder. So, once again, thank you Ladies for giving me a reason to push 'play' every day. And I am glad I did today because what a good workout it ended up being. I started with Bulk Legs, which felt great. For cardio, I did Cardio Slam into Cathe Live Cross Fire Quick Fix and Core. Last week I did Cross Fire Express Live, which I loved. Today's workout was even shorter, but I loved it all the same. With only needing a band (and could be done without), at 34 minutes it would make for a great, quick but intense travel workout. I hope I remember that next time I travel!

Thelma, great workout! I will have to check out that Jessica Smith workout. Yes, you ladies are helping to push me out of my comfort zone and on to YouTube. :D I definitely value your recommendations....without question. Also, one of the reasons I gravitated to Cathe back some nearly 20 years ago was her professional workout production. I just couldn't enjoy what looked like home videos for some reason. Well, Cathe Live seems to be making me much more flexible......which is a good thing!! A good workout is a good workout, despite production values. So I am broadening my horizons! Anyhow, just like Tami and Laurie, the only thing I have for XT is the User's Manual.

Laurie, great workout! Cathe just did a Live class last week that is similar to Metabolic Total Body but looks slightly more intense. But.....no jumping! I haven't done it yet because of Body Beast, but I watched it and if her new metabolic work in this new series is anything like it, I think you will enjoy it too. Thank you for the J. Smith kickboxing recommendation. I am going to have to start writing all these notes down somewhere. So many workouts....not enough time!! Peanut made me smile throughout that yoga workout. What a sweet pup. Your description of your DD's sweater made me laugh. But I can see that based on the picture you posted awhile back. Of course, since the only things I ever crochet are afghans and the odd scarf, I literally only make squares!!! So I am still impressed you can make sweaters!

Tami, so glad to hear you are feeling better. And, no, I don't think you are in denial!! Actually, the way your pain has shifted makes perfect sense given my own experience. My pain was definitely in my back area but not in the spine. It was more right above the butt cheek. It got so tight there, I actually could not walk because the muscle was pulling my entire torso backwards. The doctors did x-rays, MRIs, etc to figure it out. The PT (when I finally got there) accurately identified it as a muscle imbalance due to my hip flexor. Some stretching and strengthening moves.....and I was back to normal in a few months.....after a year of not being able to walk more than a few feet without help. Not something I like to think about very often, to be honest. Anyhow, now when I feel that 'pinch', I know what to do. Hopefully you won't feel it again!

Tami and Thelma, since you are both doing Meso 1......I am going to join you. I am really dreading P90X right now, and I just don't want to dread my workouts......especially since I feel I could go forever with these Bulk workouts. I think I am going to change things up a bit though, so my week may look like this:

Saturday-Yoga
    Sunday-Chest/Shoulder/Bicep (Disks 1,4,7,10)
    Monday-Legs (Disks 3,6,9,12)
    Tuesday-Cardio
    Wednesday-Back and Triceps (Disks 2,5,8,11)
    Thursday-Cardio
    Friday-Total Body Endurance (for example, High Reps, Flex Train, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, STS Total Body, Power Hour, etc)

While adding that second Total Body workout at the end of the week is a bit off from what the original rotation called for, for me, I like hitting my muscles twice when doing STS, especially Meso 1. I think if I don't add, I would gravitate to Metabolic workouts throughout the month. And I don't want to do that since December is all Circuit or Metabolic workouts. So.....I think this will be a good compromise for me, and I don't dread it nearly as much as P90X at the moment. So......just so you know. But a HUGE thank you for giving me something to look forward to more than what I had planned!!!

Happy Halloween! See you tomorrow.

Laurel