Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Walking on Treadmill, stretch. I went up on a couple of exercises which is awesome! Our temps our going to drop into the low 30's tonight. I'll be lucky if it's 30 degrees tomorrow morning.
    Ladies, my aunts arrive on the 10! It's going to be a busy weekend getting their room ready and washing all the clothes they keep here because they've been stored in the closet for an entire year.
    I stayed late at work and the stress level is low so it was a good day.
    Ladies, I was looking for the XT worksheets as you know and I ended up during a search in one of our favorite websites: 2lazy4thegym.com and found that Jessica Smith is there too. Lots of good stuff!
    Love the name of this workout: JessicaSmithTV: Kick Butt Kickboxing
    https://2lazy4gym.com/2017/11/01/jessicasmithtv-kick-butt-kickboxing/

So I didn't find the worksheets but this 2lazy4thegym site lists all the exercises in each workout so I'll just make my own worksheets. Next week I'll do Meso 1, then the next two weeks I'll go for the shorter XT workouts.

Laurie, awesome come back after being sick!!! Great job!
    OMG I just love Jessica's dog Peanut! She cracks me up. She's the cutest thing! Definitely try her standing ab workouts. They are really good. So far so good in the stress department this week.

Tami, so happy you're feeling better! Great choice to skip BC class and great job getting back into the workouts today! I just want to keep going with these BB workouts a little longer. Years ago apparently there were XT worksheets online but they're no longer available. I think it's because Cathe sells the workbook for $8.
    You're so sweet! Thanks for offering to make copies and emailing them to me! I just need Total Body Trisets so I'll make it based on the STS worksheets I made in Excel. Thanks so much for offering to copy it for me though!

Laurel, great job pushing through the 'whines' and pressing that play button. Great combo! I think we all make such a great team because we help motivate each other and cheer each other on during the hard times. Such a great support system!
    I am so glad you're exploring the youtube workouts. I hear what you're saying about the quality of the video production. Home workout or fancy Cathe production? The PopSugar Fitness workouts are also really good. lots of variety there too.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in KCM's Shape Up Workout 1 after work. Did that one with weighted gloves, so it really worked the upper body good. Had only a few DOMS in the legs this morning, so upping my weight worked for the legs. This morning was BB Bulk Shoulders. Have my hair appointment after work, so no workout tonight.

Tami, I'm so glad to hear that you don't have any lingering pain in your hip. You are probably right in thinking that you may have over stretched the hip. It probably was wise to not go to Bootcamp though. Great job on your workout! I'm glad that my Mom taught me to knit, it is very relaxing and enjoyable.

Laurel, Great job hitting that play button when you had that "feeling". Sounds like you had a great combo of workouts also. That is probably one of the newer workouts that I'm looking forward to, since ICE MTB is one of my favorites of all her metabolic workouts. I think it is because she doesn't do anything gliding in it. My workout space just isn't set up for using that device easily. Well since Rocket has decided that he needs to be on my carpeted area anyway. :D LOL about joining the others with the STS workouts. You have to do the workouts that you don't dread that is for sure. When I'm doing my projects, I usually get asked "what are you making" because it just looks like a blob of yarn.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts, and that you increased your weights on some exercises. Glad to hear that you found a list of exercises, she really is awesome on her descriptions of workouts. I have had to pull out my winter coat for the last couple of days, we have had temps in the 30's. No really good killing frost yet, but I'm sure it will be here soon. I will have to try that Jessica workout on Thursday. I'm sure that you will be busy with your Aunts coming next week. Are you taking time off while they are here?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! If you can believe this, in our little tiny town......I had about 200 kids at the door last night Trick or Treating, :o I have never seen anything like it. The road in front of the house looked like a parade route with cars lined up in a one way fashion bumper to bumper as kids ran door to door. I figure that people from the more rural areas brought their kids here because we are one of the few true neighborhoods in the area. It was actually pretty fun.....but I wish I had bought more candy! I had a bag of 175 pieces that was gone in the first hour. After that, I resorted to my bags of Dove dark chocolate that I keep around for my chocolate cravings and some candy we had brought from Florida with us (I think DHs students gave it to him before we left). I thought I was going to have to start handing out canned food! :) I shut the lights off at 8:00pm because I didn't want to do that....and, finally, by 9:00pm it was quiet outside. Crazy! While I enjoyed it, standing in the doorway for two hours handing out candy like that kind of wore me out too. So today's workout didn't get my full energy unfortunately. But I did Bulk Shoulders followed by RWH Low Impact HiiT one into Cathe Live Low Impact HiiT Circuit.

I am just going to toss this out there as an idea I was mulling yesterday, and based on something Thelma said above......is anybody else up to extending these Bulk workouts out another week or two? It just seems we are all enjoying them right now, and I know for me that even one more week will probably result in some good improvements since it was just last week where I first started feeling the difference in strength. Another reason is (and this may sound strange) I was hoping Circuit Month would get us through the holidays since that is such a busy time and circuit workouts are, simply put, shorter. Right now we transition from circuits to Slow and Heavy on New Year's Eve. Not impossible, of course, but shorter wouldn't be bad either. Just a thought. I will go with what you all say......but wanted to toss out the idea.

Thelma, another great workout. Yesterday after I posted I got to wondering.......are you looking for worksheets for the XTrain workouts or the Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets workouts? I know when I responded, I was referring to the XTrain book. Unfortunately, I don't have any work sheets for the LIS Total Body Trisets either. But if you are searching for XT, maybe searching for LIS would lead to something. Just a thought. Anyhow, stay warm! Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, but, finally, the fog has lifted and there is sun! If it takes snow to get sunlight, I will take the snow!

Laurie, great workout! I hope your appointment goes well and your DD likes her sweater! No doubt she will!! Being asked what you are making while making it is better than being asked after you have made it what it is. :p And, trust me, if any living soul besides me had seen the one lone sweater I knitted, that would have been a valid question. B) Horrible. Unfortunately, I did see on Facebook this morning that Cathe used a gliding tool in one of the new workouts. Anymore, though, I find there are ways of avoiding using it if necessary. Hopefully that will be the case for these workouts as well.

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ All is well again today and this a.m. was BULK Legs so that was great. Tonight I am headed to Spinning right after work, despite Game #7 starting at 5:00 tonight. LOL It was fun having DH cook dinner and we watched the game together. Not the outcome we wanted, but here we go into Game #7, truly a great series despite no Yankees. LOL

Laurel: Yay on joining us for STS! You definitely don’t want to be dreading your workouts, nothing worse than just getting through it and not enjoying them. Thanks for posting your plan …. I will be following suite. Love the idea of the Friday Total Body workout. I can absolutely understand your “cranks” on the darkness and weather. That would be so challenging in Alaska. Way to hit PLAY regardless and sounds like you had an amazing combo (as always). Thanks again on the hip/leg situation. I think, like I had told Laurie I may have overstretched in that one move the other day and just twinged it somehow; felt good but shortly after that was when I noticed something happening. Now just reading your post from today ~ YOWSA on all those trick-or-treaters, wow! I couldn't even imagine. As always we had only a few due to our very dark cul-de-sac.

I would not object at all to continuing a couple more weeks in the BULK workouts, truly loving them and not feeling the need to move on so either way is fine with me. :smile: Great idea on the Circuit workouts for holiday time.

Thelma: You’re very welcome! If you ever change your mind just let me know on the XT workout sheets. Great job with your BB Bulk Legs and walk on the treadmill. BRRRR on your low temps. We have been having cold nights for a while now and as I mentioned yesterday ….. SNOW is coming this weekend. Not sure how much for us but probably hit pretty good in the mtns surrounding us. “2lazy4thegym” is a great site for finding workout breakdowns and reviews! Love her insight.
    I agree a million % on our “Team” here with MFP. Always appreciate you guys and your encouragement every day helps keep my going too! So thank you to my ladies here, appreciate each of you so much.

Laurie: Awesome job getting in your KCM Shape Up workout #1 last night and BB Shoulders this a.m. Have fun with your DD tonight! Thanks about my hip, I couldn’t be happier that it was short lived as well. YIKES.

Have a great evening ladies!
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms. I am definitely feeling stronger and loving the BB Bulk workouts which is the reason why I vote to extend this part of the rotation by two weeks as Laurel suggested. I feel that I need to do it a little longer so I can increase my weights again. Tonight I screwed up and did arms instead of shoulders. Extending the rotation will workout perfectly for me in order to go into phase II. If I continued two more weeks doing BB Bulk that will cover me for one of the weeks my aunts will be here. Then the first week of phase II I could do LIS Total Body Trisets and start STS on week 2.
    Laurel, you are right for some insane reason I've been thinking that Total Body Trisets is part of the XT program. I did search for LIS total body trisets and found nothing. I think this is by design as Cathe is controlling the distribution of her workout sheets for free.
    Even though it was 30 degrees when I walked out of my house it didn't very cold. Someone told me that the temps will be in the 70's on Friday!

Laurie, great job! I hope you have a great time with your DD and that she likes her sweater. I really like that 2lazy4thegym website. I think I'll try that kickbox workout on Saturday. I will be taking 4 days in the two weeks my aunts are here. 3 days (I think) week one and 1 day on week 2 because we get 2 days off for Thanksgivings.

Laurel, OMG I can't believe you got so many children! Too funny about the candy. Now you know next year you'll have to seriously stock up on candy. How cold was it? We don't get any kids. The first year we lived here we got a few kids, the second year maybe 2 and none since then. I've heard that there are certain neighborhoods in this town where people take their kids trick or treating. Great job getting the workouts in!
    I know why I keep thinking that Total Body Trisets is part of the XT program: I was having a senior moment based on what I remembered you'd said about what workouts I could use instead of P90X:
    "Regarding Month 2, you could use the XTrain (Discs 1 and 2) workouts, though I am not sure they are much shorter than P90X. Do you have the LIS Trisets workouts? The premixes from those workouts (Chest/Shoulder/Triceps, Back/Bicep/Core and Legs) are all under 40 minutes and all would meet the bill for higher reps/lower weights."

So I remembered XT and something about Trisets! LOL

Tami, great job getting your workouts in! Glad you had a good time with your DH watching the game.
    Since it sounds like we are extending the BB rotation I would love it if you sent me copies of the XT (this time I do mean XT! LOL) workout sheets. No rush. OMG snow already? I guess for me it seems early but maybe not for your neck of the woods. The '2lazy4thegym' site is really great.
    I just love having all of you ladies in my life because you've been so helpful and inspirational. You keep me accountable and I have learned so much from all of you so THANK YOU!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I was a knucklehead and forgot to put the sweater in the car before I left for work yesterday morning! :( DD said that we just have to get together again, so that she can start wearing it. I felt so bad, and was looking forward to her putting it on. Guess I should have put it by my purse. Anyway this morning was BB Bulk Arms, sure am feeling those biceps right now. :D I think I will be trying out that Jessica ab workout that Thelma mentioned when I get home from work.

Laurel, OMG! I can't believe that you got so many children, we hardly had any in our neighborhood. I would believe that you are right about the more rural families coming to your neighborhood. Great job getting in that workout after such a busy night. I have no problem with extending the workouts, it sounds like we will benefit from doing so. LOL on your sweater attempt, I have done that when I first started out. I feel way more comfortable now trying something, and of course understanding the weights of yarn helps. That is one thing that I didn't understand when I first started knitting.

Tami, Great job on your workout and spinning. Yippee on your hip! Very nice that your DH made you dinner, hope you enjoyed the outcome of the world series! I had a great time with my DD, it is fun to get pampered and gossip with her.

Thelma, Nice job with your workouts! Sounds like we are all in agreement on extending the BB workouts. Have fun with the kb workout, and I will do the same with the ab one that you suggested. I have that same feeling about everyone here, it really does help me stay on track with my workouts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, it sounds like we are all on for another two weeks of Sagi! Yay! I know I will be ready to move on after that, but I am loving these workouts right now and the very positive effect they are having in my body. I finally feel like I am returning to pre-Alaska levels of fitness, and that makes me very happy. And I have you Ladies to thank! So thank you!!!

So today I started with Bulk Arms, which felt really good. For cardio, I did Cathe's Intensity thru the low impact HiiT....and then repeated part of Tuesday's workout with Cathe Live Cross Fire Quick Fix and Core. I think I am going to do that workout a ridiculous amount of times. B) It reminds me of a Blizzard Blast with a great core section.

Tami, so glad to hear you are back to normal! Great workouts, as always. Hopefully you don't get hit with too much snow. They are predicting something like 5" here tonight/tomorrow morning, so our world is definitely turning white again. But I saw a report yesterday that the Artic is about 50 degrees above normal right now, and I can attest to that. That we are still hovering around freezing is crazy. This is the time of year ten years ago we dipped below zero......and stayed there until March. So I really shouldn't be whining and cranky!! :D

Thelma, I am happy that extending out this portion of the rotation will help you get ready for your aunts and for part of their visit. And that feeling stronger feeling is so good too! That is funny about the LIS Trisets. Actually, since I recommended both XT and LIS, I, too, was confused in what you had decided on!! So you are not alone!! It was about 30 degrees here for Halloween this year, and that might be one of the reasons so many kids were out. As I told Tami, we are very warm for this time of year. It was fun to be able to see all the costumes without scarves and coats and such......and since most parents were driving along, the kids could hop back into the car if they needed to warm up.

Laurie, that's too bad about the sweater! But it gives you and your DD an excuse to get together again. You are right about figuring out yarn weights because, without question, I chose the worst yarn to use for trying to make a sweater. It was thick and cheap and not at all soft. Like I said.....horrible! Glad you are okay with extending out this part of the rotation a bit as well. It seems to be clicking with all of us right now. Love the new pic!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in :smile: Was a busy but good day here at work, I will tell you guys more about it tomorrow. Workout this a.m. was BULK Shoulders, might be able to get in BULK Arms tonight, DH is going to a function. The rain-snow is starting right now.

Yahoo for another couple weeks of Sagi!

Ok I will write more tomorrow.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, treadmill. I am so happy you're all willing to extend the BB Bulk phase of our rotation because I am definitely getting stronger. I went up today on a couple of shoulder exercises which makes me want to continue doing the Bulk workouts for another month. It's like this is the stronger I've ever been so I wonder what can another month of BB Bulk can do for me. I'm excited!

Laurie, fabulous job with your workouts! I hope you liked the standing ab workout! Sorry you forgot to put your DD's sweater in the car. At least you know have another excuse to go see her! So happy we are all in enjoying the BB Bulk phase!

Laurel, sounds like you did a really fun combo today! Great job! I just love that we found each other through this group. Great support system! Sounds like you guys are going through a heat wave! I'm glad you're in a much better place mentally about being in Alaska and about your fitness level!

Hi Tami, great workouts! Rain and snow! Not a good combo. Stay safe!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

So glad that it is Friday today! After work yesterday I did get the Fat Burning Flat Belly Fusion workout, and I really enjoyed it. I loved that the moves she did teach you what you need to feel when you are doing a crunch on the floor etc. This morning I did KCM's RAW Lower Body & Kettlebells, this is one of my favorites.

Laurel, I'm glad to hear that your fitness has improved to your pre-Alaska move level. I have to do some measurements, because I think that I have lost inches. At least that is what my pants and the mirror are telling me. Awesome job with the workouts, sounds like you picked a fun one too. That has to be nice that you get the feel of those Blizzard Blasts, but it is in the live class.

Tami, Glad that you could check in a post your workout, hope the snow/rain isn't to bad for all of you to deal with.

Thelma, Nice that you upped your weights in the shoulder workout. Glad to hear that extending the rotation will help with your workouts when your Aunts are here. I enjoyed the workout with Jessica, and was totally surprised by the shoulder work. I had to put my arms down a couple of time, they where just to sore after my BB workout from the day before. ;)

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies & Happy Friday! We did get a little sciff of snow but it is still just spitting out and cold. Definitely Fallish/Winter here in the Northwest. So I was able to get in BULK Arms last night after work, which was great to be caught up to our rotation however DH came home late and started visiting with me and I could not go back to sleep for a while. So hence after midnight sometime I fell back asleep. No early a.m. BUILD Legs for me so again, tomorrow will be my makeup LEG day and Yoga. NO overstretching this time. I am loving have a couple leg days a week by the way and again, YAHOO for us continuining on in BULK with Sagi. I will be going to Spinning tonight though after work .... so a little cardio for me today.

So my good day yesterday involved our office manager meeting with me and telling me how happy he is with me being a part of this team and how glad he was that he hired me 3 years ago. Along with that, in the dept. that I work most of my day they are going to start increasing my responsibilities which will also give me the opportunity to learn more and move up if I want. This will also be a raise at the first of the year!!!!! You guys I can’t even tell you the joy I feel of having a company want to help me succeed and also compensate me for it. I also am having an extra week vacation added on just because and also because I am seriously the only one who doesn’t use my 5 sick days. So yahoo for all of this! The only sad part is the other dept. that I am very part time, they will have to tell her at the beginning of the year what is happening, I know she will be glad for me but sad for her, since I have become her “help” when she needs it and is gone or something. Not that I won’t but it won’t be a daily thing. So anyway, its all quiet until January but I wanted to tell you guys ….. my cheerleaders and friends I speak with daily.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts and sounds like our extension of BULK will work for you as well! Yahoo. No problem at all I will bring my XT booklet to work either over the weekend if I come in or next week and make copies of the workout sheets for you. Happy to do that. Roads are good so far because it is cold but not freezing the roads cold and slick.

Laurie: Too bad you forgot the sweater for your DD but true, now you have an excuse to get together very soon. I am sure it was so nice to see her and have your hair prettied up. Funny how hair dressers always have the “gossip” … that’s how my BFF is. She will tell me stuff and she says it is just what people do when they sit in those chairs, start talking like its therapy or something. LOL YES we were very happy about the outcome of the World Series, what a series it was. For not really caring as much when it started I thoroughly enjoyed the games.

Laurel: and THANK YOU for suggesting it on our rotation! I am feeling more strength and something about his workouts makes me really concentrate on form; PLUS l love the muscle fatigue for each body part being worked on each workout. That CF Quick Fix + Core sounds amazing, just the name of it I know I would like it. I love the BB’s and anything with good core work is so great. YAY that you found another keeper. YIKES on your 5” of snow. I think in the mountains we got quite a bit and outlying areas but here in town it was just a skiff. More is scheduled to come, nothing like you guys though. I can’t even imagine going through that with the cold. Well, actually I can imagine because we have had very long winters in years past as well but not below zero for that many days. Here’s hoping it is not like that this year for you guys.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Talk to you on Monday!
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies! It is a very snowy day here in North Pole. Kind of pretty, actually. But I can say that because I am not on the roads. :o Anyhow, I did the workout I had planned for last Friday today. I started with STS Disk 14/Legs. It hasn't been that long since I did this workout (I think I last did this one in May), but, boy, was I stronger on it than last time! I kept thinking I had picked up the wrong weights! It felt great. For cardio, I started with 4DS Kickboxing cardio into Cathe Live Boxing, Blasts and Core. Not an easy combo but not all-out either. A very good way to end the week.

Tami, congratulations on the great news! After your experience leaving your last employer and how poorly they treated you (after so many years) it is wonderful to know your talents and dedication are not only recognized but rewarded! That is great and exciting news. Glad to hear your weather didn't get too bad, it is too early in the season for too much snow where you are. Great job catching up with Body Beast. I don't think I would be able to move my upper body if I did both of those workouts in one days.

Thelma, another good workout. I bet it feels good to be getting so much stronger in your shoulders after the injuries you have had. I feel like I could go on with these workouts forever too. But I know my body will appreciate the change when it happens. My mind is a different story. ;)

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. One of the reasons I was excited to do this rotation was to see how my body responded to the different styles of lifting. I have always gotten my best response (losing weight and inches without really trying) from heavy weights, but I thought that might be changing. It isn't! It was like almost overnight my clothes started fitting looser. I am very preliminarily contemplating a summer rotation blending Body Beast with STS Mesos 2 and 3. I wonder how differently my body would respond to the variety of lengths and pace of workouts. But, without question, those workouts and P90X are the ones my body has historically responded to most. But I suppose I should get a little further into this rotation before planning the next! B)

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, what a busy weekend! I've done so many loads of laundry that I've lost count. I've been refreshing all the winter clothes my aunts have here and also washing towels, sheets, blankets, quilts. The works! I also made a workout out of vacuuming the quilts by doing butt kicks while vacuuming them on the bed. I vacuum the quilts for cat fur before I wash them. I have 3 king size ones so it was a little workout. LOL
    I'm pretty close to being ready for my aunts' arrival. I have one more load of laundry to do. I also need to need to dig out the gifts I've purchased for my family and label them so my aunts can take them back with them.

I was really tired on Friday and I just could not get myself to lift weights so I did Jessica Smith Cardio Bootcamp Boogie + Abs, Stretching. On Saturday I did Jessica Smith Yoga for Back Pain + 10 min Total Body Stretch. Today Vacuuming 3 king size quilts while doing butt kicks, XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Jessica Smith Abs, Jill Miller's Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up.

Laurie, great workouts! I am really loving Jessica's ab workouts. Glad you enjoyed Jessica's workout!

Tami, great job getting your workouts in! YAHOO for us continuing on in BULK with Sagi!
    OMG on your job wonderful news! CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you Tami. You totally deserve the recognition, the raise and the extra vacation week! That other lady is going to be sad for herself but very happy to see you get such a nice opportunity to advance your career. I can't believe you've been there for 3 years! Wow!
    Thanks so much for getting those XT worksheet copies for me!

Laurel, awesome workouts and congrats on being stronger. What a wonderful feeling!
    What did your husband say about the commute on the snowy roads?
    It does feel good to be getting stronger. My shoulders are not back to 100% and from time-to-time they bother me but with a little help from Jill Miller I feel better.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very enjoyable weekend. Saturday was Bob's Yoga Warrior, it was just looking at me so I had to do it. :D Truly enjoy doing that workout. On Sunday I was up early, probably because of the time change, and got in Bulk Chest. I got to enjoy some shopping with my oldest dd in the afternoon, and got a couple of things for myself. I also stocked up on my wine for Thanksgiving, since we will be hosting DH's family. This morning was Bulk Back, was able to up my weights on some of the exercises in both BB workouts.

Tami, Congratulations on the raise, and added week of vacation! Nice that you will be in the one department on a permanent basis, and I'm sure that they company will find a person that can help that department. Great job on your workouts. I to enjoy the two leg workouts during the week, even though mine are probably more metabolic type lower body. The yoga is then a good follow up to stretch out the legs. So my oldest saw the sweater that I made for her sister, and tried it on. She asked if I could make her one too, so when we where shopping, we picked up some yarn for her sweater. ;) So I'm thinking that it probably was fate that I forgot the sweater.

Laurel, Snow at North Pole! Glad that you could enjoy the snow without having to drive in it though. That is always the best way. I was looking at my cookie cutters, so I'm getting myself ready for the season even though we are still green around here. We did wake up to 30 degree's this morning. Nice combo of workouts, getting the legs tortured, and follow that up with some kickboxing. Since I have noticed that my pants where loose, I got on the scale. I have dropped a couple of pounds, so I'm super happy. Now I have to remember to do some measurements.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! You are creating some great combo's with including Jessica into the mix. What a great way to combing housework with exercise. I would think vacuuming would be a workout by itself. :D I will have to try out some more of those Jessica workouts, just really enjoy how she gets your hr up without doing super high impact.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a pretty snowy weekend here. The temperatures are still up in the 20s which has everything so slick. We had quite a few errands to run in town on Saturday, and at one point we went over a bridge and then slid into an intersection. :o Nothing too scary, thankfully, but unusual for up here. Yesterday I decided to stay cozied up in the house and worked on Christmas projects. Much less stressful!

Saturday's yoga was Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness Magically Hips routine. It has been years since in have touched these DVDs, and I don't know why. Such a fantastic yoga workout, and he says such goofy things he makes me smile. Sunday's workout was Bulk Chest followed by Cardio Core Circuit. I did modify a couple of the core moves in this workout to be more in line to what she does in her live workouts, and I enjoyed to so much more that way. Today was Bulk Back, and I was able to increase the weight throughout, which I am really going to try to focus on these next two weeks. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Sweat, Jump and Pump, which is such a toughie.

Thelma, wow! That's a lot of work!! And you even made tough work tougher by making it a workout! Fantastic job. And I am sure the hard work will be appreciated. DH hasn't had too many problems on the road, but he is taking my Subaru which is not only is heavier than his car, but is AWD and has about the best snow tire you can find. We survived up here last time with just regular all-season tires but, as I mentioned, the temps were so low that things weren't too icy. But his all seasons on his Mazda were just not working. So I have his car if I need to get to the grocery store and such, and he has my car for the longer commute. We are supposed to (finally) drop below zero next week and hopefully a good covering of snow will make things less slick for the winter. Who ever thought I would think below zero would be good news? :o But I wouldn't mind getting my car back if I want to go into Fairbanks.

Laurie, I actually had Bob Harper in the DVD player on Saturday but decided at the last minute I felt like something 'quieter'. Eoin Finn was perfect. Thank you, again, for introducing him to me so many years ago. I am loving Yoga Saturday beyond all reason right now because it is, without doubt, reintroducing me to how good this type of workout can feel both physically and mentally. Yay for the weight loss! I haven't weighed myself since before we moved. :o Someday I will step back on the scale but, for now, I am satisfied with just going with how I feel. Less pressure and let's me be delusional. :D

Tami, hope you had a good weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a good weekend but it went by way too fast! So Saturday was BUILD Legs and then BH Yoga Warrior …. Sounds like he was on the brain for 3 of us. How funny. Yesterday was BULK Chest and then headed to Volleyball, came home showered and went into work for a couple hours. I was given a heads up that my in box was packed full; funny I had a feeling it might be this weekend. They took a couple weekends off and I have lucked out. So Bernie and I came in eventhough it was snowing and icy roads. She wasn't asking, just telling me so I was prepared when I walked in today, so it was nice to have it done. I did BULK Back this a.m. and will head to BootCamp tonight after work.

Laurel: I think we posted just minutes apart on Friday. LOL Sounds like you had a good weekend minus more snow and freezing temps. We have high twenties, low thirties so the snow is sticking around right now. Often this time of year it can come & go but staying for now. Fabulous job with your workouts! Great job going up in weight on the BULK Back this a.m. as well. So funny you had BH in the DVD player as well. I do really enjoy that one … minus the twist up into a pretzel action near the end. I remember Laurie recommending Eion Finn before a long time ago. His name has always stuck in my head. Maybe if I feel I need to expand my Yoga collection I will look at that one again.

Thelma: WOWSA! That does sound like a LOT of laundry. I bet it felt good to get it done though. You are very organized to have those gifts purchased already, good job! Sounds like you were able to get in some great workouts! Thank you so much for the well wishes, I am still feeling very happy about that and what is in store for my next chapter here. I think for a while it will just be adding on a few extra things but being able to focus in one dept. will give more opportunity forsure on learning and growing. I know they will find help for the other dept. but I know she is going to be very sad. She is one that has admitted many times to me she hates change. YIKES. I hope she is happy for me I should say. p.s. will work on your XT sheets this week forsure :smile:

Laurie: Huge congrats on the scale and being down a couple lbs!!! WooHoo, always good to see results in one way or the other. Even if it is not the scale. Sounds like a nice weekend for you and getting some shopping in! That’s always fun and stocking up on wine for the holiday’s is a good idea. LOL I would have to hide it from my DH, he loves wine and if it is there he will just have a glass because it sounds good. Thank you as well for the well wishes! YAY. Feels so nice to be recognized in that way for working hard. I have been wanting to take on more and will finally have the chance.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Back, Jessica Smith Standing Abs, Stretching. OMG I woke up with calf and hamstring DOMS from the butt kicks! I really wasn't expecting this at all!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your weekend! Awesome workouts and congrats on upping your weights! Jessica's huge variety of workouts offers a lot of good add on workouts. I knew vacuuming could be a workout and on Sunday I decided to find out for myself! LOL. You are so right about Jessica getting your hr going without doing super high impact!

Laurel, OMG sliding out of control when the roads are slick is so scary! Great idea to stay home on Sunday!
    Wow awesome workouts lady! I have some type of hip yoga workout too. I should probably give it a try one of these days. I'm so glad your DH has been taking your Subaru to work. I knew you would love the Subaru. They really are great in the snow. OMG wow! I definitely would never think of being happy about temps dropping below zero! Your DH is just going to have to trade his Mazda in for a Subaru!

Tami, glad you had a good weekend and good job on those wonderful workouts! Weekends are never long enough! I bet Bernie loved going to work with you. Will you still continue to work on weekends now that you won't be helping in that other department? BTW, you should continue to feel happy about the recognition at work. It will be a nice change of pace to be able to just focus in one department.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well our youngest dd was at my sisters cutting the families hair, and then going to the oldest's to color her hair. So we went over to the oldest's house and had dinner with them. It was nice, and I got to deliver the sweater. She was happy, and I have attached a picture. Not a great picture, because she was in motion, and these phones do everything live.
    abqv8kkvq3bb.jpg

This morning's workout was BB Legs, and I upped most of the weights by a pound. Thanks for all the kudos on the weight loss! Hopefully this is a trend in the right direction before the holidays are upon me.

Laurel, I have done that sliding/intersection thing a few times. Those can be a heart pounding if you don't know how far your going to slide. ;) Awesome job with the workouts! My other choice was Eoin too, but I of course did the BH one. I really love when the dog shows up in the workout, when Eoin is talking about up dog. Got to love how he gets those hips opened up. Nice that you changed up the CCC workout, and made it work to your advantage. LOL about wanting zero temps, I'm not ready for that yet.

Tami, Oh my on having a full in box! Nice that you could take Bernie with you for company. This morning I was getting ready to take Rocket for a walk, and my phone was pinging with all the e-mails I was getting. Good thing they where nothing important. Great job on your workouts, and joining me with the yoga! :D Well I will admit that I got extra wine, because I do partake of a glass every once in a while. I like to have it available when I feel like having a glass. I just wish that Total Wine would have some type of rewards card. :D

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts! I wouldn't have thought that you would have DOMS from those butt kicks, but apparently it worked. Guess you will have to incorporate something like that into your house cleaning again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! A rare day lately of sunshine and blue skies! So energizing!! So today's workout started with Bulk Legs, and I went as heavy as my legs would allow. It felt really good though my legs were shaking at the end. So once those shakes wore off, I did my cardio, which was IMAX2 followed by the abs work from Cardio and Weights. I have a feeling I will have some serious DOMS tomorrow, but for now everything feels really good!

Tami, glad you enjoyed your weekend and were able to catch up a bit at work. No doubt that makes Monday more tolerable. How funny that Bob Harper found a way into three DVD players this weekend. I do enjoy his yoga and look forward to actually doing it soon. Eoin Finn is more 'stereotypical' yoga (quiet music, relaxing voice, etc) but he actually is pretty fun to listen to. And he offers all levels of yoga in one workout because, boy, some of the people truly are pretzels! But he is really good at instructing all levels which I like.

Thelma, great workout! Wow on the DOMS!! Sounds like you definitely hit some untouched muscles! Yes, both DH and I are super impressed with my Subaru. His Mazda is a nice car, gets better gas mileage and is easy to drive. But my Subaru is definitely the better vehicle. I hope I get it back from him. :o:)

Laurie, love the sweater!! Looks like it would be perfect for both dressy and casual days. You have two beautiful daughters, without question. Yay for upping the weight in Bulk Legs. You really are doing amazing post-illness! Good stuff. Yes, Eoin's dog makes me smile......especially his little mat. And Eoin really does hit those hips better than anybody else I have done for Yoga. As I age, that is one area that is getting tighter, so it felt really good.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great BootCamp class last night. I was glad to be back. We did all legs in the beginning with some really good abwork mixed in and all were done in 1 minute rounds, then upper body with 1 minute rounds as well, of course there were cardio bursts in there too but each “cardio burst” went with whatever muscle group we were doing. No workout this a.m., I had an early dentist appt. Just a cleaning but I have to go back on Friday (my HOLIDAY day off) super bummed … to get a tooth that had a portion of the filling come off. They are going to fix it. So not a big thing, good I am going to just get it done. But I will make up my workout tomorrow a.m. forsure.

Thelma: Great job getting in your BB Back + Standing Abs and stretching, OUCH on the calf and hamstring DOMS. NO weekends are never long enough at all. Looking forward to my extra day off this week. I will get that Dentist appt out of the way and then getting my hair done and lunch date with my BFF. So it will be a good day. Most likely I will still be doing work on the weekends yes, the dept. that I will be full time in is the Title Dept. where they have needed more and more effort on everyone just to keep up. So we will see, this time of year the OT typically will slow down, but not yet.

Laurie: That sweater is absolutely darling and beautiful all in one! I love that. I can see why your other DD wanted one as well. Good job. Excellent work with BB Legs and upping the weights. No shame in buying extra wine … I love it too, I just have easier restraint than DH. LOL

Laurel: Yahoo for your blue sky and sunshine! I bet it felt wonderful. IMAX 2 after Bulk Legs! Woman, what in the *#$*&%! were you thinking. Way to WORK. Thank you for that description of Eoin Finn, I am not sure I would like that; the “stereotypical” style is what makes me get bored fast. But we will see. I have enough right now in my short stack to keep me going. LOL

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami