Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Things are going as planned! Got in my hour P90X Arms/Shoulders with Ab Ripper X (hate ARX) I have eaten MoRE protein and it looks like i will be in the calorie goal too! It is -30*(with the wind) and we had at least 8" of snow. When it hit's zero and no wind I will venture out to shovel !!! I hate winter! Who is opening that bar in that sunny place? I am very cheap labor and plus I could lead some fitness classes!!! LOL
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I hate winter! Who is opening that bar in that sunny place? I am very cheap labor and plus I could lead some fitness classes!!! LOL

I'm with ya... let's go! Aruba? St. Maarten? Or, my personal favorite... Bermuda!?!? :love: I HATE this time of year- can't even walk from the car to the store without being chilled to bone! :explode:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    I triple the loath of winter...but my husband says you need it to appreciate Spring......whatever, I can appreciate Spring just fine!:bigsmile:
    Looks like everyone is doing great. I got my work out today (P90x and elliptical) and had an afternoon energy boost...I actually swept the cobwebs out of the ceiling corners in the downstairs....and then I did the heating ducts:wink:

Sounds like another storm heading our way, probably more shoveling tomorrow! Stay warm everyone, I think I'm going to soak in the tub and have a cup of tea.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    OK...I have the perfect island...Bonaire! It's sooooo awesome there! I already have my bags packed, and I am really not picky where we go!:bigsmile: :drinker:

I got my 8 miles in....boy! I am not used to running this many days in a row!:noway: Thank goodness my brain still worked to tell my legs that they just needed to keep moving forward! :tongue: I am commited though! Pushin' it through! I only have 3 miles tomorrow, then a nice weekend break! It will feel weird not to run on Sunday though!

Raymond- Does your stomach wake you up at 2am that you have to eat then, or do you have insomnia?
  • iRun4wine
    Got in a run today. Haven't missed a day of working out yet in 2010! :bigsmile:

However, I will not formally work out on Friday or Saturday since we'll be away. We'll probably end up skiing, snow boarding, going tubing, etc. so I'll be burning some calories, but I won't count that. Plan to get in a run and do 30 Day Shred tomorrow- I'm doubling up on the workouts to make up for Friday and Saturday... but I'm only counting it as one... I won't cheat! :wink:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    nicolee, I have just got problems at night. I am a light sleeper, small bladder, and I get up once or twice each night. It's been this way for years. Overall I have adapted just fine, but I have almost NO control on my decisions at 2AM. It's like a zombie at a buffet.

My house comment above was for boggs and not iplay, imessedup...sorry

OK, everyone put away any weapons.... but I LOVE the change of seasons, and winter. My company has been pushing me to relocate for years and I stay put for this. The sub zero sorta sucks, but it's never around that long.

My wife and I are in sync on diet and cooking right. We stripped the house of garbage, bought tons of good 4 you food and enjoying every bite. I am noticing some improvements already, but it's likely the holiday detox more than anything.
  • betoGod
    betoGod Posts: 30
    Looks like everyone is busy exercising and reporting. Had a difficult time waking up on time this morning but am planning on getting to the gym in the am. The hardest part is getting back to tracking my calories since I've not been around to cook. Looking forward to making something good tomorrow night.

Like the charts Raymond. It will be exciting seeing our results and progress as a group.
  • RunRideRay
    Got in a run today. Haven't missed a day of working out yet in 2010! :bigsmile:

However, I will not formally work out on Friday or Saturday since we'll be away. We'll probably end up skiing, snow boarding, going tubing, etc. so I'll be burning some calories, but I won't count that. Plan to get in a run and do 30 Day Shred tomorrow- I'm doubling up on the workouts to make up for Friday and Saturday... but I'm only counting it as one... I won't cheat! :wink:

Have fun!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Just checking in. Everyone seems to be doing great. I have walked 1 hour each day on the treadmill and done my yoga and 30 day shred each day except for Sunday. Sundays will be my rest days. So this is how I am doing so far this week:

4 hrs-treadmill
    4 days-yoga
    4days-30 day shred
    160-chest flies
    80-tricep exercises
    50-calf raises
    50-squats

I am sore all over:sad: :laugh: , lol, but I am going to keep going!:bigsmile:

REMEMBER: IT'S GONNA BE WORTH IT!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Sherry that IS awesome! You are giving yourself a whole body workout..very good!

I have only been running/walking every other day, but was going to plan on doing some exercise video's that our cable system here let's your order and they are free, I was going to do this on my off days from running, and I was going to start today, but I ended up falling asleep :yawn: after work and I just woke up! I hate when that happens.

I think I hate the cold because I feel SO sorry for the animals outdoors! Or stray dogs that are going to suffer through it :sad:

Nicolee you are doing great and we are going to miss you when you aren't posting this weekend! :cry:
    But have a great time!

MEN & LATE Night snacks. I have known a few men that have a drawer full of snacks in their bedside night stand. Wonder why that is? And its like they are doing it in their sleep. Some don't even realize they did it until the next morning when they see the evidence. So Raymond, at least you had a granola bar and it wasn't chocolates! Maybe put a mouse trap in that drawer! I bet that would eventually train you to stop going for a snack! You should SEE my husbands side of the bed...oh my gosh! :noway: bbq chips, chocolate candies, his snuff, coca cola bottles, peppermint sticks, Pringles. (ha ha...my husband just asked me what Im looking at..I said..ohhhh... just wondering what kind of snacks you got) . And he has his baseball cards...cant forget them. What a man, but you got a love em!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Late night snacking is okay! I just Googled and found a few websites and EACH SAID Its okay to have late night snacking, so long as its the right kind of snacks. And add it into your daily calorie consumption. So that means plan for it so you eat less during the day knowing you will have that late night snack.

Now, dont do as (clearing throat) some men do...snack after dinner and STILL Have the middle of the night snack too! (crunching in the background going on here...bbq chips just got raided by a certain someone and its not me! and his eyes are WIDE OPEN too). lol
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    No love for the winter here :) If you want a great workout take up showshoeing. Couple hours of that out in the woods you will burn tons of calories and while you may not like winter you can appreciate its beauty. I love hiking through miles of untouched snow.

I am one of those nuts that love winter (I even like shoveling), I played hockey for 20 years and our winters here lasted months with snow totals in the hundreds of inches so you just learned to adapt to all the snow. If you find ways to use it for your advantages in your goals it will go by faster.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Hi everyone

winter has come to the UK and we are pretty much snowed in here with icy roads and snow blizzards!
    I went to see my horse on Monday but was unable to get to the stables since then as they are completely snowed in.
    So no riding :sad: I also wanted to start jogging in the new year but with the weather that wouldnt be quite recommendable.
    So instead, I have been playing "Just Dance" on my Wii. I got it for Christmas and I can tell you, it is soooo much fun!
    After 2 songs I am properly sweating and I will do another just to feel that I really worked out. I have danced to 3 songs on Tuesday, Wednesday and will do it again tonight. Just need to get into the routine where I do some exercise EACH and EVERY day. :wink:

I have one problem though, since I have turned vegetarian, I am struggling to get enough calories...

I eat for breakfast a 0% fat greek yoghurt with some berries
    As a snack either a piece of cheese or more fruit
    As lunch a soup or a salad or some quorn product with vegetables
    Again a snacklike above, probably fruit at this time
    And for dinner I eat scrambled eggs, fish and veg or soup if I didnt have it for lunch.

By this time, I have used most of my carb allowance (90g / day as I am following low carb diet for health reasons) and probably also most of my sugar through the fruit and also most of the fat through the quorn products.

I only manage to consume around 800 cals or so usually.

Have you got any ideas how I can get some more calories without going over fat and carbs and sugar :ohwell:
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    So I'm reporting in to say that I have made it to my calorie count all week so far, I did go over on tuesday but it was only by 66 so I thought that wasn't bad. I'm trying to eat good stuff so I start out by eating a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and man that has helped I'm not hungry all morning.

I still have some pain and I still can't use all my strength in my left arm but I was told that should be coming back so lets hope that its soon! I still am planning to go to the gym this weekend and see if I can do anything. I'm staying away from the weights it will either be the treadmill or the Elip or maybe I can try the stationary bike that would be something.

It has been SOOOOOOOOOOO cold here that I'm lucky to make it home and get inside before I freeze. I eat supper and then curl up with the 2 dogs and watch tv. However I did watch the Biggest Loser on tuesday and if they can do it then so can i, as soon as I have no pain that is! LOL.

Time to get to work, Everyone sounds like they are really doing great so keep up the good work all!
  • RunRideRay
    Jessica, that's funny about the MAN problem with late night snacking. I also agree about keeping it into the calorie count and always scale back breakfast to account for it. If I had a "snack" drawer and crumbs everywhere my wife would have a 1000V shocker in the pringles tube. ZAPPP! Problem solved!

More snow here too, and going out for my lunch workout now. Woohoo!

Raymond
  • iRun4wine
    Hey all-

Heading out for a quick, easy 2 mile run today and then doing 30 Day Shred Level 1, Day 4 then we're off to Boggs' neck of the woods- kinda.... upstate New York, anyhow.

Be strong and do well this weekend- I'm going to try my best! I'll report back on Sunday night when we get back, and I'll do my official weigh-in on Monday morning. :smile:
  • vhuber
    No love for the winter here :) If you want a great workout take up showshoeing. Couple hours of that out in the woods you will burn tons of calories and while you may not like winter you can appreciate its beauty. I love hiking through miles of untouched snow.

I am one of those nuts that love winter (I even like shoveling), I played hockey for 20 years and our winters here lasted months with snow totals in the hundreds of inches so you just learned to adapt to all the snow. If you find ways to use it for your advantages in your goals it will go by faster.
    Good attitude Boggs!! Along with our new 8" it was minus 30 this morning and that was WITHOUT wind! I still may bundle up and head out to walk up to the mail box 1/4 mile is all not bad!! The pooches need the action anyway!! I too must like it, I would never leave Montana for any length of time!! I wish I had some snow shoes, I laugh as I imagine myself thrashing around in the snow!!!!!
  • vhuber
    Today 1/7 Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning for 460 cals!!!
  • nicolee516

Snowshoeing is ALOT of fun! I did that one time in Pinkham Notch NH. XC skiing is also a great workout and its fun! I tool up downhill skiing when I was a kid, which I have been doing ever since, and that is also a great exercise and rush that keeps the winter blues away! I remember one time skiing in Vermont when it was -18 in the morning at the motel, which means it was even colder on the mountain...:noway: We just layered up and away we went! It was fun!:drinker:

Yay Verda! for burning those cals!

Kelynn- Have FUN!!!!!!

Stormchaser...it is so great that you have patience on your back issue...I sure don't have it!:tongue:

Raymond- I hope your lunch workout was awesome!

As for me-I did my 3 mile run today!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! My legs actually didn't feel too bad! Not as bad as I thought they were going to be....so next 3 days will be rest...something my body needs...but I don't like to do it that often....some people have addictions to alcohol, drugs,etc., I have it with running and exercise...I have trouble moderating...:tongue: Funny...you would think that I would be skinny as a rail....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OH YEAH....I don't know how to moderate food either...DUH!:laugh: :laugh: :blushing:

I will check in over the weekend guys! I want to see how everyone is doing amd cheer them on! You can do it!:bigsmile:
  • nicolee516
    Hi everyone

winter has come to the UK and we are pretty much snowed in here with icy roads and snow blizzards!
    I went to see my horse on Monday but was unable to get to the stables since then as they are completely snowed in.
    So no riding :sad: I also wanted to start jogging in the new year but with the weather that wouldnt be quite recommendable.
    So instead, I have been playing "Just Dance" on my Wii. I got it for Christmas and I can tell you, it is soooo much fun!
    After 2 songs I am properly sweating and I will do another just to feel that I really worked out. I have danced to 3 songs on Tuesday, Wednesday and will do it again tonight. Just need to get into the routine where I do some exercise EACH and EVERY day. :wink:

I have one problem though, since I have turned vegetarian, I am struggling to get enough calories...

I eat for breakfast a 0% fat greek yoghurt with some berries
    As a snack either a piece of cheese or more fruit
    As lunch a soup or a salad or some quorn product with vegetables
    Again a snacklike above, probably fruit at this time
    And for dinner I eat scrambled eggs, fish and veg or soup if I didnt have it for lunch.

By this time, I have used most of my carb allowance (90g / day as I am following low carb diet for health reasons) and probably also most of my sugar through the fruit and also most of the fat through the quorn products.

I only manage to consume around 800 cals or so usually.

Have you got any ideas how I can get some more calories without going over fat and carbs and sugar :ohwell:

Hanni- I wish I could give you more advice! I used to be a vegetarian, and I struggled with getting enough protein. Black beans and nuts have protein, but the beans are high in carbs and the nuts are high in fat! UGH!
This discussion has been closed.